Post by AxleGreaser »

Spoiler: the 2620 old post without much point
In post 2620, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2596, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2587, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2585, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1813, Boonskiies wrote:
I'm playing the way I am for a reason
. This reason shall be brought out, and most likely the main subject of Day 2.

In post 2581, Boonskiies wrote:This game is based off the neighborhoods. It's meant to be the main points of discussion.

No on D1 one your claim was about your role being "the main subject of D2"

Boons 2581 was saying that...see....mods know what they are doing. When a mod makes a game with hoods they EXPECT hood talk and thats what he was saying. So this looks really misreppy.

You may want to claim its misreppy.

BUT I asked this question

In post 2576, AxleGreaser wrote:The earlier details of your hard/soft claim
[spoiler2=other bits] This poiler elided for formatting[/spoiler2]
Yesterdays days claims and todays, Dont line up.

Explain why you think that was going to be
"main subject of Day 2"

[spoiler2=other bits]This too..[/spoiler2]

He made this POST
In post 2581, Boonskiies wrote:This game is based off the neighborhoods. It's meant to be the [color=#FF000]main points of discussion.[/color]

I interpret that as reply to me.

Where is the misrep?

Well, Boon is a claimed VI. He softclaimed yesterday. He said he'd talk about it today. I think its obvious that his softclaim was going to be and will be for the remainder of the game until he flips (or full claims), a major point of discussion. As I said, he's a claimed Vi (and maybe I'm giving him too much credit here) I don't actually think he's dumb enough to go "hey ya'll are going to talk about me!" and then when you ask him why he thinks that (which was a super dumb questions anways) he talks about the hoods?

In post 2973, Nero Cain wrote:am also bummed that Axle didn't respond to my 2620

Well as I asked: Where is the misrep?
and your reply showed (or claimed to) " I think its obvious that "
then at best you claim that something being obvious to you, (and me thinking differently) is me misrepping someone?

So no I dont and did not take boons claim that on D2 his play would be a major topic of discussion, to just being a refernce to the fact that its claim.
Such an interpretation is foolish.

It is specifc claim about D2. Your explanation of that meaning applies to every day. If boon was merely pointing out he expected his claim to be discussed everyday until he flips then he would not have said specifically D2.
It was clear he had in his soft claim made representations that things would happen on D2. At least one reason I didnt press him D2 on his silly claim was he said, it would become clearer on D2. (so we wait, having waited) When it didn't then some part of his original claim had failed and been shown to be false.

I went looking for an answer to my question. I found something that kinda matched. I asked about it.
He said it wasnt reply. and that his actual unstated intention was to just ignore me.
I got actual clarity he intended to ignore me.
The alternative was to represent he had not answered me and ask why not.
I chose one course. (the one that let me quote what i was talking about...)

Please show a misrep... (or go away) I quoted the damn post in full...
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:53 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

EBWOP
In post 2975, AxleGreaser wrote:At least one reason I didnt press him D1 on his silly claim was he said, it would become clearer on D2.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok....

A mod makes a game with hoods in it. I think its a safe assumption that hood talk would play a major role in this game. Agree? Well, don't really care if you do or not 'cause its the right assumption.

Boon softclaims and says his claim will be a major point of discussion.

Boon later says that this game is based on the hoods and it will be a major point of discussion.

This is NOT the contradiction you think it is 'cause the idea that the game is meant to have hood talk as a major component and Boon's in game claim being something to talk about are mutually exclusive. If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend like you didn't misrep him then fine but but sitting there and claiming that he contradicted himself when he didn't IS a misrep.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2621, davesaz wrote:@Boon: Why are you so sure about both points?

ok, you saw two nightkills, what does that make YOU think?

IZ, can you quote the post that made you think there was a 4th hood?

In post 2697, Scripten wrote:Intent is important. Doesn't the intent to spawn a 1v1 make you cringe?

town 1v1 all the time, bro.

gonna finish reading up later.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by T S O »

It's disturbing how much I like Nero this game.

Thor, will answer tomorrow - literally falling to sleep.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 2978, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2621, davesaz wrote:@Boon: Why are you so sure about both points?

ok, you saw two nightkills, what does that make YOU think?

I thought it was likely that we would have multiple killing roles, but it's nowhere near being clear what those roles are. Hence the question about certainty.
Not to mention the d1 comment about "my role implies it", which deserved some possible followup.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2977, Nero Cain wrote:Boon softclaims and says his claim will be a major point of discussion.

NOPE, that is not what he claimed at all. (ooo a misrep by you?)

In post 1813, Boonskiies wrote:I'm playing the way I am for a reason. This reason shall be brought out, and
most likely the main subject of Day 2

you
left out "main subject" (which is more than major) it is majorest point of discussion (aka equal or greater than who we lynch today ...yeah right)and the day specific nature of his claim
he said Day 2

In post 2977, Nero Cain wrote:This is NOT the contradiction you think it is

hey I didnt say I think that was a contradiction (are you misrepping me again?)

In post 2977, Nero Cain wrote:sitting there and claiming that he contradicted himself when he didn't IS a misrep.

which would be why I never ever claimed that..... those points were a contradiction

I claimed his D1 claim about his play being the major topic of D2 as inconsistent with his play on D2.
I asked him about it.
He didnt (as it turns out answer) but I asked him about something he did say that looked to me, like it might have been a VI's cray cray answer
he said it wasnt and he had no intention of answering

The end. Go away.

I did not do what you claimed.

and no I expect that if you are town, you simply dont understand. (not misrepping) (maybe reaction baiting?)
if you are scum you are not trying to actually misrepresent me, but make noise. Dont know why you would, but if scum that would be it.

So no its not a misrep, and your not misrepping me for real at the moment, or you are doing such bad job of doing it I cant tell.

try reading, quoting what people really said accurately, instead of paraphrasing incorrectly,
instead of chasing your point without thinking.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2979, T S O wrote:It's disturbing how much I like Nero this game.

Thor, will answer tomorrow - literally falling to sleep.

enemy of your enemy eh.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2978, Nero Cain wrote:ok, you saw two nightkills, what does that make YOU think?

There is 2 scum teams with one nk each
or
There is a scum team and an SK.
or
There is a large scum team and chicken shit town Vig who was sure they were right and shot badly... and thus wont claim it. (even though clarity might well make that better than not)
or
There is one large scum team with multple nk. Either by direct formula such as( Number of scum/2 rounded down or up) or N shot scum vig.
or
sorry no more ideas. atm. (not sure whats in normal, nor site meta) (but bear in mind site meta changes when people look at other sites and copy ideas that have worked there)

So being sure would be a trick.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2978, Nero Cain wrote:town 1v1 all the time, bro.

and I cringe, every time some dude reckons, hey if he thinks ****I**** am scum he must be scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

don't know if stupid town or stupid scum but might reply just to prove him wrong.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2971, Shiro wrote:
@Slander the day ends for me in half an hour where is point 3 D:

Thanks for reminding me!

Day 3:
In post 2781, Shiro wrote:
In post 2780, Slandaar wrote:Shiro what do you think about IZ's 'slip'?

Well it did seem terrible at the time but Boon does blow it out of proportion.

It could be a slip that he knows every hood has scum thus being scum but I cannot really make logic of the kills if that is the case.

If it was a slip that mean each hood has scum. Thor is last in his hood. If it is indeed a slip killing egg was the worst move scum could make.

Same for anen since that is what brought all the attention cause of the plan thus incriminating the two man hood badly. (presuming oher mafia team,sk or vig killed egg)

It just doesnt make sense with the people that died n1.

Then again it might have been a slip and they werent fast enought to change kills since all that happened few hour before night deadline.

Town near enough always know the conclusion of their post before they write it thus generally you get much more to the point answers (which is why waffling is scummy) so, town will say 'I think it is X' and they might add because... while here we have an explanation with no definitive conclusion. It's written out like he is trying to work out his own thoughts which he shouldn't need to do as he should have an opinion on it already whether he thinks it's a slip or not even if the opinion is 'I am unsure need to think more'. Think about in life, people who waffle generally will go 'well I dunno maybe it's that but ehh I can see this' the conclusion is 'I dunno'
(needs more time)

Besides that though he seems to focus on the night kills as the counter point, this seems weird to me, if he thinks Thor is town so it can't be a slip yes that is kind of valid but it's a very weird way to look at it he is not looking at the actual point ie IZ assumed something he said not to and tackling this. I find this to read very much like in the know scum because of the way he has not focused on the actual slip itself. Also Thorscum can kill Anen while there doesn't have to be a 2 man hood which debunks the whole kill stuff anyways which is quite an oversight when you are thinking about things in this way.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Shiro »

@Slander No problem xD

My point was that Scum Iz would be in a horrible place with both kills. Anen cause it attacts attention to him(like it did) Egg cause it makes Thor look horrible. if we assume it was a slip and Thor and Iz are scum buddies both kills attract attention to mafia
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2981, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2977, Nero Cain wrote:Boon softclaims and says his claim will be a major point of discussion.

NOPE, that is not what he claimed at all.

In post 1813, Boonskiies wrote:I'm playing the way I am for a reason. This reason shall be brought out, and
most likely the main subject of Day 2

main subject=major point of discussion. Even if there's a slight schematic difference the two are so interrelated that they could breed.

the2ndcomingofyates wrote:
In post 2977, Nero Cain wrote:This is NOT the contradiction you think it is

hey I didnt say I think that was a contradiction

ok then....TO THE WORDS!!!

I claimed his D1 claim about his play being the major topic of D2 as
inconsistent
with his play on D2.

An inconsistency IS a contradiction. But ok, w/e, having two completely separate thoughts isn't an inconsistency either. But ok, you've "won", you're wrong but if you need to feel like you are right then go ahead.

Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Muffin »

VOTE: boonskies
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Well damn muffin.

Can we at least get some thoughts on nero right now?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well what are your thoughts and why are you asking for others opinions but not offering your own?

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Because mine still have not changed.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

You might be a little more definative as town if that makes you feel better.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well why do you want thoughts on me if you aren't scum reading me?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:igmeou:

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2988, Nero Cain wrote:But ok, you've "won",

ta

and BTW thanks for snipping out the part of my words, which were important to my point where i said major point of discussion
of D2

Note i just returned the favour by badly snipping your words.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2996, AxleGreaser wrote:which were important to my point where i said major point of discussion of D2

How many games have you played on this site? Someone claims/fakeclaims/softclaims w/e its going to discussion. Its a completely reasonable and expected reaction to assume that THAT (claim w/e) is going to be discussed. I'm not quite sure if the reason that you are arguing is 'cause you are new and therefore somewhat ignorant to common mafia activities or if you are indeed caught scum that tried to act like Boons was contradicting himself.

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2994, Nero Cain wrote:Well why do you want thoughts on me if you aren't scum reading me?

I would like to know why muffin disagrees with you.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Ehhh 2997 makes me wanna ignore you

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”