AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:56 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2846, Slandaar wrote:
Never misread Majiffy in 4 games I think it is. Varsoon eh I don't remember him much I was scum the game I played with him and read him correctly. You have to apply the right things to the right people... I tend to find the use an RVS post late in the game is town near enough universally though because scum will later drop it as it was an RVS post while town hang onto it.

yeah but TSO didnt just rely on RVS by choice.

As town or scum TSO has been posting with consistent air of superiority and hence having no need to be bothered with making actual replies to the likes of
Csaero, Aneninen then me.
(The safe part of his early strategy was he just treated his scum reads with ignore as being beneath contempt, and not worthy of response.)

When he made post , he just threw a big pile of crap at me and expected I would not be able to do anything with it,
as he also rather safely

Chose not to provide any reasoning that the posts were scummy. Hence nothing to refute.

It was me that initially chose RVS as the ground to discuss as he had claimed it was part of the answer to my query for scummy posts.

In I specifically challenged TSO

I believe that he would think that as scum he can make up a plausible sounding case on anyone about anything.
Well, one good enough to fool me.

he did try.

Now , is interesting. In it he is perhaps(?) admitting he is lynching Anenine for having ridiculous posts?
I never really understood what he could man by "hardest to back up"?

hardest for me to back up?
or hardest for him?

back up what?

'What the fuck I was doing' was showing that TSO was not voting Aneninen because he thought Aneninen was scum
he was voting him because TSO thought Aneninen would be easy meat and that Thor was Ok with it.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:58 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2849, Slandaar wrote:
In post 2844, AxleGreaser wrote:
Pop quiz.

Town or scum?
In post 279, Cho wrote:Because TierShift wants to. Because I want to. I thought I made that clear.

I don't think it means anything. He is clearly putting on an act there for one reason or another.

and as per my last post I think TSO has been putting on an act.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:09 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2830, Slandaar wrote:Day 2:
In post 2462, Shiro wrote:Thor can I ask you something ? I think I understand your reason behind Pere wagoon but why wouldnt scum pere back off when he had the chance ? I mean he had a few chances biggest being the one where it was pointed that there was a misundersating with what multball meant. Why wouldn't he step away and spare himself all this trouble ? He was clearly losing the argument anyway.

He thinks he understands the case but feels Peregrine would do 'insert random action' if he were scum which, he didn't, thus he asks Thor about this. It completely reads like scum who wants to take as little responsibility as possible. He isn't arguing the case or agreeing with it just making some mundane point and his final conclusion was unclear - he voted PV. (Which somewhat relates to the Day 1 point (lack of accusation) and also what will be the Day 3 point so stay tuned!).

To me that reads like a newb in over his head as either alignment. What makes you read it as Scum specifically?

Related somewhat I really like this method of posting cases :]

It does look sort of fun.

In post 2837, Slandaar wrote:Lets take GM her argument on Thor is tone. (I would use Shiro but ha you have to wait) You can't accuse her for her argument it's so safe. And that is her only argument. Then take this scumslip look how safe she is. She is trying to say she wanted input on it as she was unsure. Town just accuse of a scumslip, kind of what Boon is doing with his posting. GM has taken the safe 'I better not push this without everyone's approval' stance.

I have no words for the amount of headdesk that has occurred here.
I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion on what may or may not have been a slip. I am interested in clarifying Izariael's possible slip with Izariael only.
Boon is not interested in the actual words in people's posts. He, like you, is pushing a case based on what he wants people to have said.

You were not this aggravating to play with last time we encountered each other.

On Thor: Thor spent most of D1 whingeing about people not joining the Pere wagon, an action which is cheap and easy. He failed to provide concrete stances on pretty much anyone else. He has spent most of D2 thus far taking potshots at me, an action he scumread when it came from me, and having a vague gut read on Shiro, an action he scumread when it came from me.

Thor being alive is still making me so very very tired.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2852, goodmorning wrote:He failed to provide concrete stances on pretty much anyone else.

This is either a lie or you are a bad reader.
Could you back it up?

I gave null reads to a decent pile of players - but I gave concrete stances on over half of the game. I would dare say I'm at around 2/3 of the game.
So what is your break off point for providing "no stances on pretty much anyone else" exactly?
Liar.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:34 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2827, AxleGreaser wrote:
You now claim to have meta where you don't bus (as point of pride) but are better at catching scum as scum that town. Pinocchio how long is your nose?

Are you trying to fucking give me opportunities to make you look foolish?

That comment was incredibly obviously about scum-TSO in multiball, given he would have a Cop clear on at least 2 people as his scumbuddies. The comment also included the key word
probably
as I'm only guessing.

That literally has
nothing
to do with me ...bussing or not bussing. Not even in the ball park.

By all means feel free to reply to this - I've said I'm not responding but occasionally some of the shit you say needs to be put straight.

fucking thank you
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:01 am

Post by goodmorning »

I forgot the whole "pursuing useless multiball discussion and shitting up the thread with said useless multiball discussion" in my last post but that's probably a given.

Spoiler: Thor's D1 reads
In post 376, Thor665 wrote:
In post 373, Izariael wrote:
In post 371, Thor665 wrote:And I townread Scripten.

Could you elaborate a bit? What are you seeing that I'm not?

Well, your presented case on him is pretty paper thin as stands, so it's not like you're even seeing anything.
My read on him is more one of gut and 'I agree with that' but I like how he singled out Tier as looking town and didn't mention GM - which is where I'm at and feels a logical town place to be rather than a scum looking to toss out some easy town reads.

ftr Scripten's reads were few, naked, and noncommittal.

In post 477, Thor665 wrote:
In post 463, T S O wrote:Does anyone want to explain why Pere's actually scum, without attached mindless rhetoric? I don't get it/I'm too lazy to read it.

For lack of participation, awkward sheeping, and general lack of buying into the game.

This literally is the exact words I would use to describe Pere's general playstyle.

In post 632, Thor665 wrote:
In post 627, PeregrineV wrote:My opinion on Thor:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball ( and ) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun.

Thor, what do you think of my opinion on you?

That it is scummy, unsupported, a double standard (triple, really) and lazy whilst being used as a smokescreen for doing nothing.
Also - that you cannot even justify it when asked to.

Just going to point out this, especially in conjunction with Thor's earlier Scripten townread.
Pere: opinions on all 20 players
Scripten: opinions on 4 players
Pere: attempts to discuss reasoning behind reads
Scripten: doesn't attempt to discuss reasoning behind reads

In post 641, Thor665 wrote:
In post 640, T S O wrote:What are your thoughts on Aneninen?

I find him scummy.

No explanation.

In post 643, Thor665 wrote:
In post 642, davesaz wrote:Since when is one RVS vote a wagon?

I have always refered to it as such and have no idea why people wish to argue about it every time I do.

What do you call a one vote wagon?

A one vote?

What about two votes? Is that a wagon, or is that two votes, or is it a tandem bicycle or what?

Why are you even debating the definition with me when it is clear what I was talking about whether or not you agree with my word choice?
Yes - you are well past the time to do some work.

Dave is a scum read now too.

So strong, so wow.

In post 735, Thor665 wrote:
In post 734, TierShift wrote:Are you serious? Why is iza's behaviour scummy? (As in, why are scum nore likely to do it than town, don't give a dumb answer)

The only reason that unexplained reads are scummy is because they are easily changeable.
That is the core definition of a null read as well.
I will agree that Izzy is making big noise about how well explained his null read was - but it doesn't change what a null read is nor does it change the only issue with unexplained reads.
Therefore, he's doing something, calling it townish, and complaining that someone is doing something different and calling it scummy - while blind to the fact that it is the same type of pro-scum play.
Making him either town who is dangerous to have in the game due to inability to read below the surface or scum.
Both making him a viable lynch option to me.

Totally not wishy-washy.

In post 831, Thor665 wrote:My Neighborhood is me, Pere, and Egg.
Egg gave me slight town vibes already.

Totally not vague.

In post 1022, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1012, PeregrineV wrote:Considering I have little idea on where you stand on the other 19 players, you could be not-lazy and tell us who is scum with me.

Aeronaut - lurksack
AxleGrease - poor logic, no clear opinion beyond that. Probably scumish.
Aneninen - No idea, would not oppose lynch, would not support lynch.
Boonskiies - lurksack, begrudingly shifting to town due to Dave, but still a useless slot.
Cho - Lurksack.
GrayFoxxxx - Lurksack.
davesaz - Townish
Egg - Townish
Garmr - Townish
goodmorning - terrible...alignment uncertain ;) Meh, I'd help lynch her and consider it worthwhile probably.
Goofyd00d - Lurksack (mild town on prior to derping out and replace)
hephaestus - burning newb - no real vibe yet, still trying to even get him to commit to opinions.
Izariael - Newb, mild scum...very mild.
Muffin - Not fond of hard Thor defense. Call it mildly mild on the scum side.
Nero Cain - Townish
Scripten - I can remember having an opinion on him but can't recall what it is. If I was asked about him I'd ISO myself and repeat whatever I said last (townish?)
T S O - Townish
TierShift - Townish
TobyLoby - Lurksack.

And then, prompted by Pere, we get to the pinnacle of scumhunting.
Did I say scumhunting? I meant vague non-reads.

There's literally nothing anywhere here that he couldn't just go "oh, I changed my mind" or "oh, I don't remember that" except the Pere thing.

People who townread Thor: please, please explain why.

P-Edit: When I say "concrete," I don't mean running down a list with vague wishy-washiness. Assigning a value to someone is not a concrete stance, it's just a stance. Saying Garmr (for instance) is "Townish" - what does that even mean? Why is he townish? Your ISO mentions him once before that list. Meanwhile you wrote essays on Scripten but don't remember your read on him? Prior to your "Townish" read on Tier you'd fought with him about Izariael and it seemed to leave you cold. Where did that one come from?

Every single stance you've taken is weak, weak, weak. You led a tunnel on a townie and otherwise lack in substance.

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Just because his stances are weak doesn't mean he's scum necessarily. I mean, look at what I've done this game, and I'm 100% town.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:07 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2856, Boonskiies wrote:Just because his stances are weak doesn't mean he's scum necessarily. I mean, look at what I've done this game, and I'm 100% town.

Thor is playing smoke and mirrors. Thor does not do that as Town. You do.

I'm not touching the town claim with a 10' bargepole.

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Alright then, let's vote Thor.

VOTE: Thor

Thor is the slot where I'm most curious about right now. Egg/Pere were town, and Egg was killed for a reason. A Thor lynch will tell us why.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Boonskiies »

He's scummy, right? You've given good enough reasons.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2855, goodmorning wrote:When I say "concrete," I don't mean running down a list with vague wishy-washiness. Assigning a value to someone is not a concrete stance, it's just a stance. Saying Garmr (for instance) is "Townish" - what does that even mean? Why is he townish? Your ISO mentions him once before that list. Meanwhile you wrote essays on Scripten but don't remember your read on him? Prior to your "Townish" read on Tier you'd fought with him about Izariael and it seemed to leave you cold. Where did that one come from?

So, concrete is "providing reasons" but you also don't like the other players I "provided reasons" on and will call that weak.
Them goalposts - they are a movin'
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

@GM - actually, go to a town game I'm in. Show me how I supplied "concrete" reads there per your current definition.
If you can I'll self-vote.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2850, AxleGreaser wrote:yeah but TSO didnt just rely on RVS by choice.

Yes, but I like the argument and he included it.
In post 2851, AxleGreaser wrote:and as per my last post I think TSO has been putting on an act.

I think TSO always acts. But ignoring that; I don't think the act he is using makes him scum.

I may go through the rest of 2850 at some point but it is just going to get a bit pointless. I really like the inclusion of the RVS argument it's very town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2852, goodmorning wrote:I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion on what may or may not have been a slip. I am interested in clarifying Izariael's possible slip with Izariael only.

I will respond properly to this post at some point.

I find this line very very sly.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Muffin »

I'm slowly but surely looking at the Pere wagon.

@grayfoxxx:
are you caught up yet? I have questions for you.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Mod what favor can I give you to be a triple voter right now.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I promise I'll only use it for good.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:37 am

Post by T S O »

I don't know if me "always acting" is a good thing or a bad thing.

Vote: Boonskiies

Your awful jump is, quite certainly, a bad thing.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am

Post by TierShift »

Dodging the prod probz read tomorrow
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2800, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2645 wrote:
Iz how come you don't have a read on boons?

Why ask Izariael and not me?

Because Boons wasn't (apparently) splooging his vi onto you.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2800, goodmorning wrote:In post 2642, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2634, Boonskiies wrote: wrote:
Axle's voting me even though I've made it pretty obvious that I'm a PR. Interesting. I'll hop on a wagon that starts on Axle if no one sees Iz as scum. @Flubb - Thank you. You also just got finished with my last scum game, and will be able to tell if I'm scum or not pretty easily probably.

The Flubbster wrote:Yeah this claim is a carbon copy of your tracker fakeclaim.

This is interesting. Can you quote that here?

Yeah pulling it from a
completed
game. Mini Normal 1609.

In post 1511, Boonskiies wrote:God damn it. I'm not going to be able to keep checking up on this.

I'm at L-3 now. If I'm dead when I check up on this late tonight, whatever.
I'm a PR
. Do with it what you will. This town's helpless regardless, and this wagon is probably epicly scum driven.

At least in this game there's only one player I'm terrified of making it to lylo.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2833, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2831, Flubbernugget wrote:Considering 2826, this may be the scummiest townslip I have ever seen, and I really don't know what to think of that.

So please explain how this is a scummy townslip?
I am pretty sure i can beat it back into, nope its just Axle being hyper rational again.

"Hyper rational"--I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about yet everyone else is wrong.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

As far as Axle's "slip," the idea of him saying scum can't peg scum implies he's never really played as scum before.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

But the post is such a contradictory straw grasp at the same time.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

, that is.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”