Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2674, Scripten wrote:
In post 2673, Garmr wrote:
What would my scum motivation for wanting a 1v1 be as it draws attention to me and him. Also how did you find them calculated what stroke you as me calculating?

Actually, 1v1s just clog up the thread and make it really hard for town to legitimately scumhunt because their conversations are derailed onto the 1v1. I usually find tunneling to be done by town, but it's a legitimate scum tactic as well. It's a distraction, and since you seemed to realize this, I find you attempting to create another day of pointless tunneling to be scummy.

I have 1v1 in my town meta which I think I have brought up before and I usually investigate other things while 1v1ing anyway. Aslong as you don't do a thor and pere and keep it going the whole day. It should be fine. But why do you think I want to draw away from the current conversation. I feel like I'm starting two ongoing ones at once.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:57 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2675, Garmr wrote:
I have 1v1 in my town meta which I think I have brought up before and I usually investigate other things while 1v1ing anyway.

I did not see this. Can you quote yourself or link me to it?

Aslong as you don't do a thor and pere and keep it going the whole day. It should be fine. But why do you think I want to draw away from the current conversation. I feel like I'm starting two ongoing ones at once.

I think you wanted to get into an argument with Axle because everyone else's eyes glaze over when these arguments happen. It causes town apathy like what happened on Day 1 because wading through those posts is just ridiculous.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2675, Garmr wrote:Aslong as you don't do a thor and pere and keep it going the whole day. It should be fine.

So...basically as long as you don't do a 1 v 1?
Because if you initiate and then stop - it's not a 1 v 1. It's a wagon that you are planning not to push.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:05 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2677, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2675, Garmr wrote:Aslong as you don't do a thor and pere and keep it going the whole day. It should be fine.

Because if you initiate and then stop - it's not a 1 v 1. It's a wagon that you are planning not to push.

Nope you push have a break push have a break push have a break. You don't need an unvote.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2677, Thor665 wrote:

Wait a second. Since when is initiating a 1v1 the same thing as pushing a wagon? I totally disagree that the two are one and the same, even if they share a few traits.

Are you saying that Garmr is just pushing a wagon when he goads Axle into fifteen straight pages of incoherent back and forthing?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:12 am

Post by T S O »

Axle can you please stop fucking posting because my access is shitty quality atm and your insistence to quote fucking every post on the page lengthens my scrolling severely.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:13 am

Post by T S O »

It still hasn't really sunk in for me that Aneninen flipped town.

I have no idea where to go from here.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2676, Scripten wrote:
I have 1v1 in my town meta which I think I have brought up before and I usually investigate other things while 1v1ing anyway.

I did not see this. Can you quote yourself or link me to it?

Aslong as you don't do a thor and pere and keep it going the whole day. It should be fine. But why do you think I want to draw away from the current conversation. I feel like I'm starting two ongoing ones at once.

I think you wanted to get into an argument with Axle because everyone else's eyes glaze over when these arguments happen. It causes town apathy like what happened on Day 1 because wading through those posts is just ridiculous.

me and gg
me and ns
me and waynkgg

Also I'm not drawing away I'm bringing attention to scum. Plus I kinda like it when everyone's talking about me.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:17 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 2661, Scripten wrote:And my two biggest scumreads are voting each other. This quote bugs the hell out of me, though, so I think I know which one I think is not aligned with town.

Why does the other need to be town?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:19 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 2681, T S O wrote:It still hasn't really sunk in for me that Aneninen flipped town.

I have no idea where to go from here.

I know. Please subject to my reads from now on!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:20 am

Post by T S O »

:(
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:20 am

Post by T S O »

this is usually the bit where I direct you to scum I've caught but
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:21 am

Post by TierShift »

'But as scum you don't catch scum, eh?' To finish that sentence?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2678, Garmr wrote:Nope you push have a break push have a break push have a break. You don't need an unvote.

I look forward to seeing this.

In post 2679, Scripten wrote:Wait a second. Since when is initiating a 1v1 the same thing as pushing a wagon? I totally disagree that the two are one and the same, even if they share a few traits.

Are you saying that Garmr is just pushing a wagon when he goads Axle into fifteen straight pages of incoherent back and forthing?

I don't see what difference this is other than saying that you don't like how he is pushing a wagon. I see little value in debating word choice over it.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:25 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2687, TierShift wrote:'But as scum you don't catch scum, eh?' To finish that sentence?

Actually as scum I'd probably be more competent at catching scum than as town.

The actual completion of that sentence goes "...but I haven't caught any yet", - but we can roll with yours either.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:25 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2687, TierShift wrote:'But as scum you don't catch scum, eh?' To finish that sentence?

Actually as scum I'd probably somehow be more competent at catching scum than as town.

And yes, TierShift, bravo - you got me good there.
-Marquis
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2688, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2678, Garmr wrote:Nope you push have a break push have a break push have a break. You don't need an unvote.

I look forward to seeing this.

In post 2679, Scripten wrote:Wait a second. Since when is initiating a 1v1 the same thing as pushing a wagon? I totally disagree that the two are one and the same, even if they share a few traits.

I don't see what difference this is other than saying that you don't like how he is pushing a wagon. I see little value in debating word choice over it.

When I do this will you jump on the wagon with me -gives thor a wink and does a sexy pose.-
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:28 am

Post by T S O »

garmr some of your posts here have really cheered me up

never change big man
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Garmr - Not likely.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2683, TierShift wrote:
In post 2661, Scripten wrote:And my two biggest scumreads are voting each other. This quote bugs the hell out of me, though, so I think I know which one I think is not aligned with town.

Why does the other need to be town?

The way I see it, there's two players in a 1v1. One or both are probably scum. Lynching Garmr and watching him flip scum won't clear Axle, but I am more confident that, if only one of those two is scum, then Garmr is it.

In post 2688, Thor665 wrote:

I don't see what difference this is other than saying that you don't like how he is pushing a wagon. I see little value in debating word choice over it.[/quote]

I don't think he's really pushing a wagon, tho. He's got a vote out and he's initiating an argument, but 1v1-ing just doesn't seem pro-town.

TSO:
Are you sure you don't want to take a ride on the Garmr wagon instead? Just think, you get to spend all day interacting with him! It'll be a party.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Scripten »

Oh, almost forgot.

Thor:
Why is Shiro scum? Lurky slot syndrome, just sheepy as hell, Or something else?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2694, Scripten wrote:I don't think he's really pushing a wagon, tho. He's got a vote out and he's initiating an argument, but 1v1-ing just doesn't seem pro-town.

The only way that becomes an issue is if everyone else treats it as a 1 v 1. Otherwise it is simply two players cross voting - aka, two wagons.

Shiro is scum due to gut and wagon placement.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2696, Thor665 wrote:
The only way that becomes an issue is if everyone else treats it as a 1 v 1. Otherwise it is simply two players cross voting - aka, two wagons.

Intent is important. Doesn't the intent to spawn a 1v1 make you cringe?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:55 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 2689, T S O wrote:

Actually as scum I'd probably be more competent at catching scum than as town.

The actual completion of that sentence goes "...but I haven't caught any yet", - but we can roll with yours either.

In post 2690, T S O wrote:

Actually as scum I'd probably somehow be more competent at catching scum than as town.

And yes, TierShift, bravo - you got me good there.

Why did you post this second post?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:02 am

Post by T S O »

looked at the first response, felt it was inelegant, changed it. didn't realise I'd posted the first one.

oh well
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”