T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:10 am

Post by T S O »

I'll vote Axle. Won't vote dave.

Neither are going to happen, though ....so whatever.

Either you're voting Pere or Anen - nothing else is really acceptable anymore.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Garmr »

Yeh I know. I just like to state my thoughts just in case I get night killed.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

So Axle and Dave are your top scumreads?
Have a sentence sized case to attach to each?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2477, Thor665 wrote:So Axle and Dave are your top scumreads?
Have a sentence sized case to attach to each?

Yep and no Axle yeh dave nah
I believe axle knows what his doing he ran the tso argument and the argument with me by repeating the same stuff over and over yet He couldn't give a read on annienen and ignored request to give a read on him when he was the one attacking the annienen wagon.

His jump on pere wasn't one I liked (we argued this) But because his new to the site it lessened the impact, But I get the feeling his played mafia before this because he seems quite good at it. This might just be my weird filter but I find it frustrating to get a solid read on him.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:40 am

Post by Garmr »

second paragraph is dave
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

If Dave isn't a top scumread why are you mentioning him at this point in a post designed just to let us know what you think in case you die?
Who is your other top scum read?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2441, Garmr wrote:axle this is the last time I'm going to talk about that initial conversation with anne

fuck It here it goes. What I found scummy was I didn't like the he stopped my pressure on boon at the time boon was a weak scum read and I wanted more reactions to get a feel for him. Annenin comes in and trys to dismantle my case because he doesn't agree (Town motive)/wants to discredit(scum motive what I think) he fails to do so as my points still actually stand. I believe he had to try and discredit because I don't think he was expecting to be questioned on 418 becuase he just labeled me as scum because of my reasoning for voting boon and getting lost early in the game, if he is going to label me as scum for my reasoning he should be able to show why it's flawed and then explain the scum motivation behind my post.

Plus I have Labeled other reasons why I think annenien is scummy especially His victim complex in post 1003 and he continues to show it in 1050 trying to gain sympathy.

That's the short of it.

Lets do this one bit at a time
Garmr: "What I found scummy was I didn't like the he stopped my pressure on boon at the time boon was a weak scum read and I wanted more reactions to get a feel for him."
here is way you described it earlier
Garmr: "It's the fact you tried to discredit my points. Which you weren't able to then you just brushed it off passively by saying oh well we don't agree. It really cut any progress on boonskies short as he hasn't provided much content."

So if he failed to discredit your points how did it cut any progress on Boonskies?

While that may be bad play (and personally I do try not to cut across other peoples lines of enquiry.
have you examined how Aneninen plays to see if it was something thats just bound to happen, with how he plays?
He comments on sooooo many things in a post by post way, that if he sees something and has a point of view he posts it.
So Aneninen's natural play is just likely to do that and in 3/4 of the games you play with him he will be town and your likely to scum read him for that....
Seems to me like your tell on him is not very reliable. (You will find him to be scum in 100% of his games)

Garmr: "Annenin comes in and trys to dismantle my case because he doesn't agree (Town motive)/wants to discredit(scum motive what I think) he fails to do so as my points still actually stand."

Well he may or may not have tried to dismantle your case.
At the moment I am trying to find out if your case is genuine but wrong, genuine and right and I ought vote it, or scum motivated.
On the other hand as he does know Boonskies play, he may have just been being helpful. I was being helpful but more discreet when i asked you if you had seen a previous Aneninen game.

So somehow the fact that he in your opinion failed to convince
you
that
your
case was wrong makes him scum?
I tell you that is damn high bar to set. You failed to convince me my points against TSO were wrong, does that make you scum?

In fact his(Anens) points were a largely valid. (but unusually expressed.) (See for matching numbers below)
Anen said:
Boonskies is Boonskies:
That is to me clearly a claim that Boonskies is playing in way that is compatible with his(Boons) own town meta. Now you can dispute that, but you never have disputed that.
At the time you appeared to even dispute the concept that Boonskies playing according to his town meta would negate your point at all.
"how is that even a defence boon skies is boon skies."

Do note. Clarifying yourself as Boonskies did about his RVS post is a self consciousness tell. Thor is right, to be a better townie Boonskies should stop doing that. If many players did that, I would go hmmm. However for Boonskies nowhere near so much.
Also in that very specific example I can understand how Boonskies could be worried his second vote might be mistaken as serious. (some people appeared to have exited RVS)

You claimed Booon doing jack all was scummy(implicitly scummier than other people). That he has done the same stuff as lot of other people does mean that information does not make him scummier than them (baring refinements from meta) Eg If Thor had done as little as Boon... that would be very weird.

Point 3
is very weird.
You claim his intention is to dismantle and discredit your case yet you claim you thought he strengthened one point. HUH!
That is much more consistent with his own description that he was only questioning your reasons as being bad (inconsistent with the facts) not actually purposefully commenting on Boonskies alignment.

However if you go little deeper than Aneninen did. It is sad but tue that Boonskies often really does not comment on much, and him continuing to play VI and be proud of it is not particularly alignment indicative.
There is very good reason Thor considered boonskies(IIRC) and some other players fine Vig shots. it is because they are habitually information free zones.

Garmr: I believe he had to try and discredit because I don't think he was expecting to be questioned on 418 becuase he just labeled me as scum because of my reasoning for voting boon and getting lost early in the game, if he is going to label me as scum for my reasoning he should be able to show why it's flawed and then explain the scum motivation behind my post.

So you believe he made , then you challenged him at on points he didnt think he would be questioned about
and then he made up and wrote in 5 mins flat?
and made points that I have just argued that I find valid?
Sounds to me like he did in fact have those arguments at the top of his head and just typed them when he saw and read your post.

Garmr: to be questioned on 418 becuase he just
labeled me as scum
because of my reasoning for voting boon and getting lost early in the game,

Holy over sensitive souls....
He said in 418
In post 418, Aneninen wrote:Garmr, 360: This was just WTF. What Tha Fukk.

In post 418, Aneninen wrote:Garmr, 415 – that vote, uhhh. If you have told that you had voted for Boonskiies because of lurking and producing nothing I would have believed it. But, what kind of reasoning was that?

Which asked a question so I sure hope he was expecting a response...
and
In post 418, Aneninen wrote:Garmr is FoS-Scum.

Ok
FoS
Garmr
For being overly sensitive about people scum reading him even a tiny bit. Scum are survival oriented and more likely to overreact to suspicion.
So did I do it right?
Garmr: especially His victim complex in post 1003 and he continues to show it in 1050 trying to gain sympathy.

Re victim posts. Do they actually seem out of character? Remember me referring you to a prior game?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5963842
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p5963940
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5964725

Also that is the weirdest chainsaw / wk I ever saw, 418 lists reasons he claims are believable for your read....
Aneninen:
voted for Boonskiies because of lurking and producing nothing I would have believed it.
Worlds best white knighter.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:59 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2478, Garmr wrote:But I get the feeling his played mafia

see wiki 6 games on another site.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:08 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2478, Garmr wrote:he was the one attacking the annienen wagon.

You are aware it(Aneninen) is an easy mislynch wagon?

That makes it very good place to look for scum, trying to get an easy mislynch, or pretend they mistook bad for scum.
It is also place legitimate townies may fuck up and mistake bad for scum.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:13 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2482, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2478, Garmr wrote:But I get the feeling his played mafia

see wiki 6 games on another site.

ignore this that Garmr comment was about Dave
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:25 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2464, Thor665 wrote:I didn't town read them for voting Pere,

and I am pretty sure I did not say you did for that reason.

My view was the scum had been afraid to get on it.
Which is why I looked elsewhere.
Thats one of the reasons I suspect that if PereV flips anti town it would be SK.
The scum don't know it is not a mislynch, so they were more happy than usual to be the reluctant consolidators.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am

Post by davesaz »

I have posted a couple of times why I think PereV is scum. It's not just sheeping (which I define as merely voting after someone) but also actively agreeing with the case and independently finding it scummy.

I find AxleGreaser's focus to be scummy. All that posting in a direction, but IIRC he's been voting someone else the whole time.

Goodmorning's evasiveness is scummy. I don't buy the "oh, I don't have time to be concrete" thing. It has been weeks. And everyone knows that the only "fact finding" scum need to do is finding a bogus "scum read" that townies will agree with.

Confirming I have played elsewhere. Dozens of games, single and multiple factions, bastard roles, cults, with or without private communication. Haven't played neighborhoods (because those sites did not have private forum threads), and not a lot of experience with 1-shot roles. Most of what I have played would not be considered Normal here. I'm finding it to be more challenging, especially the lack of free for all private communication which was available in the majority of games I've played. And one game here equals months of posting for the whole mafia forum on my previous sites. So just keeping up on reading is hard.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:36 am

Post by davesaz »

One "day" in one game.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Shiro »

Ok after reading Anen ISO a few times I don't see him as scummy as I initialy though maybe TSO constant "He is scum" rubbed on me as I was reading through everything in one go.

Axl

1. Well when pressured and your response is pooping it did make me raise an eyebrow but then again he was pressured with pretty much nothing. Soo..

2. Well for one when in L-1 he stopped caring about not getting lynched and tried to show what should be looked at if he is lynched.

3. No which is why I said it is probably because of TSO action.

4. Yes actually. I mean why respond defensivly to empty stuff ?

5. Well as I mentioned a bit above after re reading it like 2 times I am left with a better impression. *Sigh*

Also not sure if that what you asked but:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58764
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58767

Eh I dunno I am not going ot vote for Thor wagoon cause it makes absolutly no sense, and now after the re reads I feel relucant to vote for Anen. He does seem like a nicely placed mislynch. God damn it...Dx

@Dave if that makes any diifference back in the game she was IC with me everyone did say that her day 1 play is evassive and vague as town. Litteraly everyone that knew her said so. It drove a person mad xD
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:49 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2488, Shiro wrote:Eh I dunno I am not going ot vote for Thor wagoon cause it makes absolutly no sense, and now after the re reads I feel relucant to vote for Anen. He does seem like a nicely placed mislynch. God damn it...Dx

Welcome to my problem.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:04 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2488, Shiro wrote:1. Well when pressured and your response is pooping it did make me raise an eyebrow but then again he was pressured with pretty much nothing. Soo..

If you link to what your talking about i can respond.
(Do you mean pooping (monkey dung post),
or popping(when I popped any pressure there was on Aneninen) which makes more sense with the rest of your sentence. )

Assuming Pop, or just because a summary time line is also important for a big picture idea.

Where did I pop it?
I believe I was quite careful not to harm any actual
legitimate towny push on Aneninen to determine his alignment or get him lynched if he was scum.

Tiem line

On Friday
I tickled it(Aneninen Wagon) at to be sure those on the wagon did know his meta....

I then tried to find out about Thor and PereV for a bit....
as that was bound to be important eventually

I poked Aneninen on Mon (just to look for myself)

On Tues (Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues... 4 days after the wagon first looked off, and I had watched where it went)

I asked TSO about his reasons...

Wed: I poke TSO more specifically to get actual reasons

Then the blah blah blah stone walling starts.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:08 am

Post by TierShift »

1 day 6 hours to deadline can the pere vote piling begin pls
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:09 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2486, davesaz wrote:
I find AxleGreaser's focus to be scummy. All that posting in a direction, but IIRC he's been voting someone else the whole time.

Voting someone else who, while talking about what?

Its true when I moved my Vote to PereV my biggest scum read was not PereV, i continued to talk about PereV.

My vote is currently on Good Morning because of the reasons in the post where its made.

Please clarify.

Also which part of my focus was not looking for scum?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2491, TierShift wrote:1 day 6 hours to deadline can the pere vote piling begin pls

That PereV wagon already has my sword(as compared with its current alternatives) ,
aka: unless whatever I am voting takes off and gets there first.

Thor claims wagons go by pushing them I am and have.

So yeah people really ought at the very least state their intentions about the major wagons, even if they claim they are actively pushing other things for now.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:12 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2493, AxleGreaser wrote:aka: unless whatever I am voting at the time takes off and gets there first.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:14 am

Post by TierShift »

I like the gm wagon but I just don't think it will take off
also I am not motivated to read gm better and the pere lynch will happen sooner or later.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2485, AxleGreaser wrote:My view was the scum had been afraid to get on it.
Thats one of the reasons I suspect that if PereV flips anti town it would be SK.
The scum don't know it is not a mislynch, so they were more happy than usual to be the reluctant consolidators.

Meh, by that stated logic scum only like to vote scumbuddies.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:26 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2496, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2485, AxleGreaser wrote:My view was the scum had been afraid to get on it.

Meh, by that stated logic scum only like to vote scumbuddies.

Nope, that is not the conclusion of that logic.

My statement was not a general one about all lynches of people who scum know might be town. (its only might as scum dont know who is SK if anyone)

It was a statement about that particular lynch, which includes both who it was being run on and the grounds on which it was being run.
How often does Thor run a lynch and it fails this hard....?
Either town is stupid this game, or the lynch wagon and case is not as good as it often is.

My view was the wagon and the arguments for it did not look very convincing, I thought scum would think so too.
Ergo they would stay off it
more
than usual.

Your representation of my logic is false.
This probably why you have previously erroneously concluded my logic is bad.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Shiro »

@Axl I meant anen not you xD

It was posts:

1969 and 424 also one to you that I forgot number

But in any case I do feel much less inclinted to vote anen now anyway.

@Tier Isn't GM always evassive and vague during day 1 ?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:35 am

Post by TierShift »

nope shiro that is just in newbies where she is IC.
I don't think she's been particularly evasive or vague here. The opposite, actually.

You can just be lucky I had a townread on your predecessor, shiro...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”