Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2262, Egg wrote:
Aneninen, that's twice you've dodged the question. Did you even consider heph's town meta, especially in large games, before calling the slot scum for lurking?

No. My read was based upon two games I met him.
I didn't meta him in another way because I had stronger scumreads at that time. I didn't meta him later because he replaced out. Right now I'm waiting for more Beast posts.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 am

Post by Aneninen »

@Slandaar: I've checked Goodmorning's ISO. She's been pushing Thor hard and I bet you meant that. However, she's been interacting with other players as well. I'm not saying that she's town but I don't think she's scummier than many players here.

UNVOTE:
– because I have two better ideas. I'll tell it later. Because I strongly think whatever sort of case I posted, it would be called bullshyt because of the author of the post. So, I'm waiting and reading.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

:neutral:
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:24 am

Post by T S O »

if you want to stop playing that card that'd be
great
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Aneninen »

If players stopped voting me whenever I posted a case based upon only the case itself or without a case at all, that'd be
great
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

WHITE FLOUR!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 am

Post by TierShift »

I don't think anen is scum, actually. But removing him wouldn't really hurt...
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Boonskiies »

unvote

Catching up.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

Holy walls.

I just spent at least an hour and a half, maybe more, trying to triple-iso Anen, TSO and Axle. I am now very confident Anen-TSO is a town fight that spiralled from Anen initially interpreting a couple of TSO posts in a really weird way, then TSO dismissing a decent point of Anen's as terrible... TSO makes a couple of factually false representations of Anen's play... Basically it feels like their antipathy has snowballed into this perpetual motion of mutual loathing and incomprehension. I'm not voting for either any time soon.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:17 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2290, Egg wrote:Axle, once again, I can't read spoiler tags from my phone. Please stop using them.

it a cost benefit
trade off
thing.
I will try,
are you saying you only post from your phone?

Spoilers fold up daunting piles of fluff and make it easier for others to see whats going on.
(personally my expression would be clearer if i had two levels of nested spoilers!!)
(I think nested(hyperlinked), English is linear, yuk, hence I speak gak not Engrish)

From you point of view from you phone, when you are on your phone you cant.
needs of the many vs the few. (I am trying to see how much it hurts or whether you can see them at some time.)
posting only large raw text and quote walls will mean others effectively wont see them either (glaze over effect)

spoiler about drunk posts referred to this exchange the discussion
yet at there is a drunk post
there is Thor ignoring it.
Where is PereV watching out for it?
yeah the original stuff was always BS... why was it BS?

as I said:
"I never really got the feel the PereV Thor interaction got more for real than that. At least one of them did not seem to have their heart in it."
specifically I didn't feel PereV was trying to lynch Thor as probable scum while PereV was voting Thor.

Note having no capacity to read spoiler at any time means you cant read significant parts of these posts either
pretty sure day night actions rules might be important at some time.
your problem seems larger than my posts, but I will try. (links out side spoilers that contain quotes may help) (inline spoilered quotes are clearer for others and links workable by you?)
personally I use two wide screen monitors to play mafia... (and an 8 screen virtual desktop is available if I get spr srs) YMMV.

as that is all gamme irrelvant crap, normally Id put it in a spoiler so only the relevant person could read it.
Sorry for wasting everyone elses time.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:30 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2333, The Fonz wrote:Holy walls.

I just spent at least an hour and a half, maybe more, trying to triple-iso Anen, TSO and Axle. I am now very confident Anen-TSO is a town fight that spiralled from Anen initially interpreting a couple of TSO posts in a really weird way, then TSO dismissing a decent point of Anen's as terrible... TSO makes a couple of factually false representations of Anen's play... Basically it feels like their antipathy has snowballed into this perpetual motion of mutual loathing and incomprehension. I'm not voting for either any time soon.

i do?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:34 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yes. I've logged off my PC now - might explain exactly where tomorrow.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

As in, I have like am hour on the train before going full on no access.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:36 am

Post by TierShift »

I like fonz's observation.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:56 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2333, The Fonz wrote:TSO makes a couple of factually false representations of Anen's play..

Indeed and you know TSOs factually false representations of Anen's play are from a towny how?

I am happy to believe TSO gets his jollies like that, but it doesnt actually fit with my recollection of his play in the past.
In post 293, Cho wrote:Believe me, T S O can fake annoying anger. It's what helps him win scumgames.

do you know he cant do that?

In post 2333, The Fonz wrote:Basically it feels like their antipathy has snowballed into this perpetual motion of mutual loathing and incomprehension.

really I saw it as a little less even handed.... Except I have links to actual posts.

is TSO agreeing that is what his case is (aka I cant have misrepresented it he agrees) (TSOs case consists of

here is Anenine NO antipathy, no fake anger, just being as towny as Aneninen is.

Here is TSO stoking that antiptahy
In post 426, T S O wrote:What would you grade your reading ability, out of 10? Right now it's a 3 and going down constantly.

While Aneneines original point is not a particularly good one, Aneninens point that TSO is claiming people who have played as little with him as Aneninen has is valid. TSO is really happy to play the you dont know shit about my meta card when he wants to, but also wants to to claim Aneninen who has no way to know shit about his meta (and is so unreliable that TSO disagrees with everything he says...) will back him up....

Personally i am not feeling that TSO was ever sincere.

Eventually recently it does devolve into mess, but back then there was one person backing his truck up and taking a dump on another player seemingly for the purpose of getting into a shit fight.

The story of TSO:
Hmmm.
TSO vs Csaero

<RAGE RAGE RAGE>
<put downs {+others} to fuel the RAGE>
<TSO: damn that guy got mod killed.>

OMGUS CHO vs "she can be town"

TSO vs Aneneinen <TSO: OMGUS Aneninen, fake more anger>
In post 481, T S O wrote:Do I have to respond to Aneninen's posts of bad?

<Axle thinks: Well you do but only if you actually think he is scum and actually want him lynched...
<TSO: weeee home free>

Axle... asks some questions... <TSO: Damn... 4th time lucky?> <TSO: nvm: OMGUS Axle, must fake yet more anger. RAGE RAGE RAGE.>

The end.
No one lived happily ever after.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by TierShift »

Davesaz ISO is done. I don't see a whole lot of analysis or engaging but I like what I'm seeing.
Spoiler: posts that ring town
In post 852, davesaz wrote:I don't think that not posting in the neighborhood pregame can be used for alignment. People could have misinterpreted the thread being open as a mod mistake and just not gotten around to posting there.

Thor is posting longer analysis than he did in a newbie game we both replaced into and were town. But I don't find that aspect of his posting to be alignment indicative since there are so many more players here. The style is similar to that game. Yes, this is me using meta, about the first time I've been able to apply it on this site. On top of that, I see town motivation behind the things that Thor is doing. Thor goes in my town pile, but I also think he's skilled enough to do this as scum so it's not a permanent thing.

The reason I voted PeregrineV is that his post of reads was very comprehensive but mostly really thin. I believe I commented that I didn't see how there could be so many reads with so little information. When I combined that with the aspect that Thor pointed out (Pere seems to be fishing for a 2nd scum team) it pushed Pere firmly into scum territory for me.

I have that same game quoted above in common with Scripten. He was scum in that game. The dry sense of humor seems very similar. One of the things on my todo list is to look at his non humor posting and see if it is also similar to the sample game. Null pending going back through the sections of thread where he appears.

I really hesitate to post on this, because setup discussions bother me. But there is some evidence that misinformation about the setup could be used as a tool and I dislike that even more than the mere discussion. I'm going to take that bull by the horns and give an example. I also noticed the different size neighborhoods. I think it would be a huge mistake to assume that existence of a smaller neighborhood (3) means that none of those people could be (or are likely to be) scum. In fact a Pere scum read pretty much demands the logic that hood size is not alignment indicative, since he's one of the members of the 3. I will note that if Thor were scum, then an assumption that a 3-hood is 2 scum from different factions and a townie would result in the Thor v. Pere situation. Not that it changes my read right now, but another reason to not consider my Thor read as permanent. And to reiterate, making that assumption, or any other assumption about neighborhood makeup, is inherently dangerous. Like WIFOM with both glasses poisoned dangerous. We should try to ignore the hoods and just hunt scum as though we don't know about them.

In post 1217, davesaz wrote:I've seen a few people quoting this post.

In post 739, davesaz wrote:Scum will have knowledge of all neighborhoods they have a member in. Town does not have general neighborhood knowledge, unless we reveal the neighborhoods before any of us are eliminated. The only knowledge that scum* gain from reveals is any neighborhoods they don't have members in. It doesn't seem to help scum.

Things which reduce the gap between what scum know and what town know is good for town.

(*) Scum and other factions <if any>

You have to ask why the footnote? Really?

I don't enjoy being tunneled. Too many people in this game appear ready to tunnel folks because their posts do, or do not, seem to have setup knowledge. You know, the posts which say something about multiball. If I don't like something, I do things that I hope will avoid it.

For the record, since there is so much (IMO distracting and really unnecessary) discussion about the topic:
  • I define multiball,for the purpose of this discussion, as more than one non-town faction. I
    don't care
    if you agree. I don't care what the wiki says.
  • The odds favor more than one faction.
  • Some people could read the townie role PM, quoted in as implying that there are multiple factions.
  • The quoted post by me says that scum (and other factions) gain knowledge of the neighborhoods they don't belong to. Town gains knowledge of all neighborhoods. Therefore I think that town gains more from revealing than non-town.

When I post something which requires precise language, I use it. When caveats are needed, I post them.

End of PSA.

In post 1233, davesaz wrote:
In post 1227, The Fonz wrote:Davesaz is really glaringly posting lots of IIoA. Newbie though. Consider this a warning to be more proactive.

It would be a bit easier if anyone was commenting on what I say. Some of the information is intended to generate a response which can then be analyzed.
I see a whole lot of stuff going by which either doesn't change my reads or doesn't apply at all. What am I supposed to do, comment on it anyway?

In post 2134, davesaz wrote:I'm quite surprised that nobody scumread me after I "caught" Egg having "scum knowledge".

This brings up two inconsistencies. Some players are seen as scummy if they point out other players who seem to have inside information, but other players who make the same observation are not scummy. And there seems to be a double standard on the posting of apparent inside information as well.

UNVOTE:

Dave, why do you townread thor? Who next to pere do you scumread? why?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by T S O »

I'd love you to pinpoint how I misrepped Aneninen and I'd love you to tell me where we've previously played together.
-Marquis
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2326, Aneninen wrote:– because I have two better ideas. I'll tell it later. Because I strongly think whatever sort of case I posted, it would be called bullshyt because of the author of the post. So, I'm waiting and reading.

http://www.21st-century-christianity.co ... p-11-5.jpg

Hi when people call not bullshit, bullshit, for bullshit reasons, I find scum?
Why you not/stop playing on my team? :?
Its a game people lie. (mumble, prevaricate, dissemble, creatively omit, and RAGE RAGE RAGE.. => yawn?)

The
better ideas
? distill them so they are smaller then post them.

I have ideas that I sometimes dont post, because their time is not yet ripe, thats different.
The worst thing that can happen to a towny is be shut down. Survival is an inherently scum mindset.
Playing well with others is a town one. So a balance between not screaming at the thread hey I solved the game, and not being shut down is the key.

Excuses dont play well as either alignment.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by goodmorning »

[obligatory prodding at Thor post]
Maybe the Anen wagon should move to Axle?

Better yet, let's lynch Thor.[/obligatory prodding at Thor post]
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2341, T S O wrote:I'd love you to tell me where we've previously played together.

you really do seem to have this game arse up

Here is you claiming you had played with him and that he could comment on your meta?
In post 381, T S O wrote:I don't lurk as scum.
Aneninen
, Cho, Egg, Thor and Pere have all
seen my scumgame when it's working decently.
You can ask them.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2343, goodmorning wrote:Maybe the Anen wagon should move to Axle?

so does that come with reasons, or is it a feeling post?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by TierShift »

halfway through my egg read
Spoiler: stuff I like from egg
In post 264, Egg wrote:I kind of feel like goodmorning is trying to paint csar as scummy rather than show a genuine scum read though.

oh wait that was shorter than I thought for real[/spoiler]
In post 486, Egg wrote:And when I ISO'd you for TSO mentions, I found a lot of mentions of him, but couldn't tell what your actual read on him was until I saw your vote on him. Everything from you about TSO seems off to me.

I read my own ISO and I can't really find that many mentions of TSO. I asked him something maybe once? What do you mean here?
In post 834, Egg wrote:/confirm neighbors with Pere and Thor. Thor looked town in the neighborhood.

Is he still looking town there? Why/how?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2343, goodmorning wrote:[obligatory prodding at Thor post]
Maybe the Anen wagon should move to Axle?

Better yet, let's lynch Thor.[/obligatory prodding at Thor post]

Shhhh, I'm scumhunting you by not interacting with you.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 2339, AxleGreaser wrote:
I am happy to believe TSO gets his jollies like that, but it doesnt actually fit with my recollection of his play in the past.

Before you tell me I'm not following the game, get fucking literate. Thanks.
-Marquis
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Aegor »

bump
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E