Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:
Goodmorning wrote:Look at all the people who just sheeped Thor or left him the hell alone. That's why Scum-me would not. Sheeping Thor would be the easy route, unimpeachable. I've said I get lost in Larges...

But people see sheep as scum. Mafia101

Except they really don't. I say again, look at the Thor sheeping. How many of Thor's sheep are being scumread for sheeping? (Hint: none)[/quote]
To be fair I scum read people sheeping thor on the pere wagon If that's what you mean by thors wagon and thors town reading everyone of them and I felt he could only explain one adequately.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Egg »

Yeah, like if Pere flips town, I'll probably be looking at Script, dave, and possibly Boon as scum sheep candidates.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 2149, TierShift wrote:
In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:The only agenda I have, as either alignment, is to figure things out.

Why would you have an agenda to figure things out as scum?

Knowledge is power the more you know about the game the more options become available you figure out what best action to take in the night phase, who to press ect scum 101.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:45 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2149, TierShift wrote:
In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:The only agenda I have, as either alignment, is to figure things out.

Why would you have an agenda to figure things out as scum?

You've never PR hunted? Besides which it's equally helpful to Scum to notice people behaving scummily (especially townies).

@Garmr: Well, I'm glad you do but I think you're in a distinct minority there.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that though.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Aegor »

hephaestus is being replaced. GrayFoxxxx, Nero Cain have been prodded.

Shiro replaces WBOCampfire1104 effective immediately.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:58 am

Post by T S O »

In post 2136, TierShift wrote:
In post 2132, T S O wrote:Why would scum-GM randomly decide to push Thor?

well, why the heck would she not? Why would her scumreading thor make her have a 'death wish'?

Because there was no support for Thor being scum at the time and, more importantly, Thor is probably one of the worst players to pick a fight with as scum onsite due to his proficiency in winning arguments, propensity to re-evaluate reads and even tunnel if need be. GM's not stupid.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:I begin to see the problem here. One of us is wrong about my alignment. Hmmmmm.

I asked a hypothetical question about what you would do if you were scum to which you reply with this?

What?
In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:
The only agenda I have, as either alignment, is to figure things out.
I don't come into questioning intending anything else.

And what are you trying to figure out as scum?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Slandaar »

I see PR hunting is what you are saying.

You don't think a scum agenda is to look active? or to look town? just to try and find PR's and find which townies look scummy (which I don't exactly know what this means)
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 am

Post by goodmorning »

Townies that look scummy are townies that Scum can make eat a lynch. I thought that would be obvious.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2122, Garmr wrote:
In post 1582, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1460, The Fonz wrote:PV: NO! You still haven't answered the question of why you assumed insider knowledge rather than error.

"Most games this big have multiscum. So it's safe to assume it, therefore we can't rule out two players both being scum even if their interactions appear unlikely from teammates."

Give me literally ANY possible Thor thought process that makes even close to as much sense as the above and is compatible with your allegations.

I have feeling that knife cuts both ways.
Thor didn't seriously entertain the idea that PereV, might just believe that multiball was not likely and hence assuming it was a TMI thing. At least enough to have towny poke to see what happens.

Indeed why then neither of them called the other out for that.
I almost get the impression they are both scum, or they are both town and there is something about how they play mafia I don't get.

I am kinda leaning towards the latter, and want to lynch TSO, because I have no cognitive dissonance there that guy is not playing on the same team as me. .

What happened to they are both town do you think they are both scum now? Both have pretty much done nothing that would change there reads they are acting consistent.

But your interested in lynching Pere now what changed or do you think there both scum?

I am
kinda
leaning towards the latter, and
want to lynch TSO,
because I have no cognitive dissonance there that guy is not playing on the same team as me.

have you been reading the same thread as me?
apparently TSO is (effectively) modconfirmed unlynchable... (not even wagonable...to get some info and make him play the damn game)

so then I would... (sit in a corner and cry... )

Which bit does make sense.

and yeah I have problems with a Thor vs PereV wagon, I have insufficient faith in Thors towniness to place any weight on his feel read of is PereV trying, treading water, or ...

I have even larger problems with TSOs approach to seemingly specifically not trying to lynch Aneninen, by stating actual reasons in the thread.

as stated it will take me some time to put my reasons in the thread. about 2 days. I am sure that is fine with you.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2159, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2122, Garmr wrote:
In post 1582, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1460, The Fonz wrote:PV: NO! You still haven't answered the question of why you assumed insider knowledge rather than error.

"Most games this big have multiscum. So it's safe to assume it, therefore we can't rule out two players both being scum even if their interactions appear unlikely from teammates."

Give me literally ANY possible Thor thought process that makes even close to as much sense as the above and is compatible with your allegations.

I have feeling that knife cuts both ways.
Thor didn't seriously entertain the idea that PereV, might just believe that multiball was not likely and hence assuming it was a TMI thing. At least enough to have towny poke to see what happens.

Indeed why then neither of them called the other out for that.
I almost get the impression they are both scum, or they are both town and there is something about how they play mafia I don't get.

I am
kinda
want to lynch TSO,
because I have no cognitive dissonance there that guy is not playing on the same team as me. .

What happened to they are both town do you think they are both scum now? Both have pretty much done nothing that would change there reads they are acting consistent.

But your interested in lynching Pere now what changed or do you think there both scum?

Axle Said Previously:I am
kinda
want to lynch TSO,
because I have no cognitive dissonance there that guy is not playing on the same team as me.

have you been reading the same thread as me?
apparently TSO is (effectively) modconfirmed unlynchable... (not even wagonable...to get some info and make him play the damn game)

so then you think I would/should... (sit in a corner and cry... )

Which bit does not make sense.

and yeah I have problems with a Thor vs PereV wagon, I have insufficient faith in Thors towniness to place any weight on his feel read of is PereV trying, treading water, or ...

I have even larger problems with TSOs approach to seemingly specifically not trying to lynch Aneninen, by stating actual reasons in the thread.

as stated it will take me some time to put my reasons in the thread. about 2 days. I am sure that is fine with you.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:10 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

brain is fried for some reason (not enough coffee?, no thor I am not drunk dont PL me) ^^^^^^ was an EBWOP
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:31 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2125, Slandaar wrote:
In post 2016, Aneninen wrote:
– I was FoS-ed in another game for using the phrase "derail a wagon" and I was town

So, you know that town can use the term derail a wagon then and yet are accusing me of using it?

In post 1969, Aneninen wrote:

In post 1965, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1961, Aneninen wrote:
(By the way, did he want to derail the PeregrineV wagon in ? We should remember that later!)

Yep I want to derail PV wagon.

Derail? Isn't that word used for a scum-action? To derail a wagon of a scumbuddy?

VOTE: Slandaar

Hi. I was going to say something to "Slandaar" but i realised it was better to ask you a question.

The thoughts
"you had previously, said derail wagon as town and been called scum for it"
"Slandaar has just said he wants to derail a wagon"
were both in your head at the same time

how and why did you find him scummy for it?
1961 & 1969 could both for me do with longer explanations, as I have multiple ideas about what you may have been thinking.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Muffin »

Fully 80% of posts by AxleGreaser are just straight-up illegible. Please be town, and get NKed so I don't have to wade through them any more.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2039, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2020, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2002, Thor665 wrote:With not even a single claim or L-1 on the table.

Claimed in

Good, so we don't need hammer intent.

Hmmm... and has that claim changed your reads on Pere?

In post 2039, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2026, T S O wrote:
Vote: Aneninen

case is up in next 2 days.

You also still haven't addressed my question about why you said what you said when you voted Pere.
My pressure on you...wasn't much pressure at all, yet you popped like an overripe grape What's up with that?

So, I wasn't the only one who'd noticed that.

In post 2049, T S O wrote:
Because the way the argument inevitably goes is I make my case on Axle, you say I'm wasting my time, we back-and-forth, I lose the argument and end up sheepishly voting Peregrine.

Ohyeahsure.

In post 2053, Muffin wrote:
In post 2016, Aneninen wrote:Whenever I post a case, everybody loses their minds.
Do you really think "losing our minds" is a fair characterization of what's going on here? Your case was bad and it was called such.

And obviously, if someone considers a case bad = the poster of the case is scum.
I believe in reincarnation. I might have believed this kind of logic a couple of lives before. (I think it was in France, in the late 1930s.)

In post 2053, Muffin wrote:
Okay let's try this a different way. Here is what you need to do to get your "case" taken seriously and to have your posts not be skimmed/ignored. Use the following format, borrowed from someone else earlier in thread:
  • Snippet of relevant post,
    using the quote tag function

• explanation of why it demonstrates scum motivation

So far you have failed to show scum motivation, including in the above quote.

How exactly your indoctrinating (and so annoying as if you were living in my country) style backs your read on me?
Please, increase your Double Standard Points by 1.

The rest of your posts are plain Regardless Of Cards.

My time is worth MUCH more than reading your bullshyt.
I do not care if you want to lynch me. I wrote it JUST TO ANNOY YOU, because you think a bit too much of yourself. Put that reversed telescope, which you use to watch your world around and get back to the oven, Muffin-let.

* * * Until you change your style drastically, communication with you is terminated. * * *

In post 2063, Egg wrote:
Aneninen wrote:Hephaestus is a lurk-scum, in my opinion. He promises posts all the time but those posts never arrive.

Is there anything specific about him that makes you think he is either lying about being too busy or avoiding catching up because he is scum?/quote]

I've posted about that but this part is obsolete now, because Hephaestus replaced out.

In post 2115, Garmr wrote:
Ane wagon is growing fast shit I must push the counter wagon harder. Come up with reasons latter because I can't think of a reason to push a counter wagon on ane.

Feel free. I told you that I'd be more useful after my flip. Some of you would be in big, big trouble.
And I know right now which players will advocate all over the Masquerade that my lynch will have only referred to my idiotism. But, large games are large. And the posts of a confirmed townie will give a new insight about many things... Unfortunately for you, posts never disappear. (Or at least, I don't think any of you can perform an "erase-and-alter" kind of time magic.)

(2) that part about "Goodmorning is scum because she doesn't make mistakes as scum" must have been a joke, but a real life experience from me is that players tend to make joke out of real things just to attenuate their "annoying" thoughts

Don't know what this actually means. Annoying thoughts? I said it that way because it showed how lacklustre GM's reasoning has been this entire game as I can literally post what she has said about her.

Many people in real life tend to make jokes out of things only to obfuscate their real – in many cases assertive, manipulative or even vile – intent. I was talking about this phenomenon. In other words: a kind of joke which sounds like "I know who're scums but I need to find out something useful to persuade others".

I still can't see why a player who has never played with Csareo before is scummier because of their interaction with him than another one who has played with Csareo. (And this argument against TSO from me was called weak... yet another double standard)

The way in which they interacted it's not plain because they interacted with Csareo
TSO had a point although went over the top. GM didn't have a point to it.

Care to explain the difference?

– I was FoS-ed in another game for using the phrase "derail a wagon" and I was town

So, you know that town can use the term derail a wagon then and yet are accusing me of using it?

Because I've never ever used that expression since then I don't know whether it's important. You may be right here.

– I must add this: in Slandaar gave his own words into my mouth

I said that you highlighted those words as terrible which you did. There is no attempt to suggest you said those words.

Still, it was misleading in my opinion.

– and the most important part, which, I must admit, an intuition-read, was his nervous reaction to my scumlist. Some calls things like that "reaction tests". But, I've already learnt it: if someone else performs a reaction test, noone bats an eye. If I do the same...

You were not performing a reaction test. You called me scum with some make believe reasons so I called you scum to which you made a terrible case and hung yourself.

Regardless Of Card, 1 pcs.
Hint: as if noone else had ever posted a case which had included intuitive elements. (Also, I bet you hadn't noticed my presence in this game until your name appeared on my scumlist – which included many other names too. That IS the part of the case too.)

My posts are misinterpreted, misrepresented or ignored, and used by many for playing the "Regardless Of Card" at me and many are talking AT me instead of talking TO me. It still works in this way: some players ARE interested in focusing on me and make out arguments out of anything to call me scum.

I don't think they have been misinterpreted, misrepresented or ignored.

Many players ARE doing this. Lynch me so that I will be confirmed and after that check my posts and certain players' attitude towards me as well. If I'm misreading you and you aren't scum you'll be surprised. I'm telling you.

The thing you pointed out in your next post made me think about Goodmorning. I'll check that later.

(See, Muffin? I AM willing to give calm and informative answers if someone minds their style.)

________

Hi, Shiro!
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2154, Aegor wrote:
hephaestus is being replaced. GrayFoxxxx, Nero Cain have been prodded.

Shiro replaces WBOCampfire1104 effective immediately.

@Mod

The Deadline status is?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Aegor is a confirmed liar. In my prod it said that ya'll missed me and I highly doubt that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Muffin »

So in other words Aneninen, you can't demonstrate why Slandaar is scum, and can only throw Appeals to Emotion?

Why are you voting Slandaar? You can't even come up with reasons why he is scum.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Aegor »

beastcharizard replaces hephaestus, effective immediately.

In post 2165, AxleGreaser wrote:
@Mod

The Deadline status is?

Deadline is set at (expired on 2014-10-27 20:25:38).
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2140, davesaz wrote:
In post 2135, Thor665 wrote:I don't see either inconsistency.

PereV called you out for seeming to have inside information. Your scum read on him is based on the way he's inconsistently applying the inside information tell to you and not to others. But you are being inconsistent with how you're handling his inconsistency vs. how you handle the same inconsistency in others.

Allow me to sum this up for you better;

Pere made a scum call.
I said - that makes no sense.
Pere stood by his tell.
I called it scummy.
You made a scum call.
I said - that makes no sense.
You said - yeah, it doesn't. But isn't that hypocritical of you?
I said - no.

Where do you see the different behavior specifically?

In post 2142, Flubbernugget wrote:Okay so you Smurf and bitch that we need a compromise lynch before deadline then cast doubt when someone tries to compromise on a lynch without waiting for deadline to do it.

And everybody seems okay with this.

1. I am actually not asking for a compromise wagon, I am asking for my prime wagon.
2. Just because I waant the wagon does not mean that I am so tunnel blind that I am incapable of questioning the motives of people who vote the way I wish.
3. You are pointing out that I am town and scumhunting - while whining about it and trying to make it seem remotely scummy.
4. Whassup?

In post 2142, Flubbernugget wrote:And considering you
always has to get the last Smurfing word in, every Smurfing time
, how would telling you to sod off do anything than piss TSO off even further, and then allow you to tunnel him into a scum read?

I have not got the "last word in" with a number of debates in this thread alone, much less ll the time.
I do tend to get the last word in when they're talking derp though.
Sorry that upsets you? :lol:
What is your actual point here, if any?
Also - I allowed Pere to get in the last word *before* you posted this...so...seriously, what is your issue here?

In post 2143, Flubbernugget wrote:And yes I owe you a reads list

I had no idea it was such a complicated ask.
All I really want is a scum pile a town pile and a null pile - maybe a sentence or half attached to each. I thought it would be quick and easy.
Do you have maybe a top five or six reads you can toss out now for me to look at while you're researching the others?

In post 2150, Garmr wrote:thors town reading everyone of them and I felt he could only explain one adequately.

You didn't ask me to explain my reads there.

In post 2155, T S O wrote:Thor is probably one of the worst players to pick a fight with as scum onsite due to his proficiency in winning arguments, propensity to re-evaluate reads and even tunnel if need be. GM's not stupid.

This is one of the nicer things that has been said about me this month - I may need to sig it <3
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

So, who is town and who is scum?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 2170, beastcharizard wrote:So, who is town and who is scum?

I'm town. Thor's probably town. TSO and Davesaz are probably town. AxleGreaser... might be town? It's a tough one.

PeregrineV is most likely scum. Goodmorning is pinging my scum radar a bit. Boonskiies is... well, himself.

Everyone else is hinging on various levels of null for me.

Are you town, beastcharizard?
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 2170, beastcharizard wrote:So, who is town and who is scum?

You should read the thread (yes, it's long) for yourself and come to your own conclusions though.

Spoiler: pro tip
I'm so town I have a degree in urban planning.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Muffin is town. That is the truth.

I plan on reading. Just wanted to see what yall would say.

Also, I am so town I own all the Animal Crossing games.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Shiro »

Hello all ^_^

Just replaced in and whatnot buuut I am at work with phone soo it will be a tad bit longer till I can make a proper post.

I need a few hours around 4 give or take and then I will post properly.

Also first ever large game soo I dunno how I will do.

unvote[/]
Cause I have no idea what my predessecor(so mispelled this word) has done

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”