Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2016, Aneninen wrote:
there are other possibilities besides Thor and PereV

Yeah, there are/were - everyone in the game who I thought was scum including GM so?
(2) that part about "Goodmorning is scum because she doesn't make mistakes as scum" must have been a joke, but a real life experience from me is that players tend to make joke out of real things just to attenuate their "annoying" thoughts

Don't know what this actually means. Annoying thoughts? I said it that way because it showed how lacklustre GM's reasoning has been this entire game as I can literally post what she has said about her.
I still can't see why a player who has never played with Csareo before is scummier because of their interaction with him than another one who has played with Csareo. (And this argument against TSO from me was called weak... yet another double standard)

The way in which they interacted it's not plain because they interacted with Csareo

TSO had a point although went over the top. GM didn't have a point to it.
– I was FoS-ed in another game for using the phrase "derail a wagon" and I was town

So, you know that town can use the term derail a wagon then and yet are accusing me of using it?

:cool:
– I must add this: in Slandaar gave his own words into my mouth

I said that you highlighted those words as terrible which you did. There is no attempt to suggest you said those words.
– and the most important part, which, I must admit, an intuition-read, was his nervous reaction to my scumlist. Some calls things like that "reaction tests". But, I've already learnt it: if someone else performs a reaction test, noone bats an eye. If I do the same...

You were not performing a reaction test. You called me scum with some make believe reasons so I called you scum to which you made a terrible case and hung yourself.
My posts are misinterpreted, misrepresented or ignored, and used by many for playing the "Regardless Of Card" at me and many are talking AT me instead of talking TO me. It still works in this way: some players ARE interested in focusing on me and make out arguments out of anything to call me scum.

I don't think they have been misinterpreted, misrepresented or ignored.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

Here Ane I will enlighten you to your plight;
In post 927, goodmorning wrote:
On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear. I don't expect anyone to believe/follow me and I'm fine with that (to all others who asked).

She then justifys than her read is tone;
In post 945, goodmorning wrote:Were you expecting Thor to fuck up bad? Because I'm not. You may have noticed he's good at this game. He's not going to make any pushes he doesn't think he can justify, he's not going to overstretch his hand, and with this being a Large there's plenty of room to hide in.

So, I assume you think this is terrible reasoning and it is GM's only reasoning for voting Thor for the past 1000 posts.

Please can you explain why you think she is town?

I mean it's obvious you haven't been reading this so how you have a town read on her is going to be... well it's make believe isn't it?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2119, The Fonz wrote:coming in and pushing a case hard =/= tunnelling.

No, but coming in and pushing a case hard whilst not doing anything else is.

In post 2125, Slandaar wrote:TSO had a point although went over the top. GM didn't have a point to it.

Why would I come into a fresh discussion with an agenda?

In post 927, goodmorning wrote:
On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear. I don't expect anyone to believe/follow me and I'm fine with that (to all others who asked).

In post 945, goodmorning wrote:Were you expecting Thor to fuck up bad? Because I'm not. You may have noticed he's good at this game. He's not going to make any pushes he doesn't think he can justify, he's not going to overstretch his hand, and with this being a Large there's plenty of room to hide in.

After going over NY169, I found that I said a similar thing about the same player there:
In post 5549, goodmorning wrote:
In post 5536, Casso the King of Seals wrote:
In post 5529, MC Maraca wrote:Ffery. There was a good case on casso made by GM, and I for one am quite trusting it, and as for mara, well, SHE made that vote, not me.

Vote: MC Maraca

Call this vote on you symbolic because the GM case on me is shit and everyone knows it.

oh nacho

it's not the greatest case ever and is no thing of beauty but you two are good players, there's not likely a good case to be had on you

but you are scum.

I mean, self-meta and all that, and you have only my word for it that I wasn't planning this all along or whatever, but there it is. I have apparently done it before.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:59 am

Post by T S O »

think garmr's town. think gm is also town.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 am

Post by TierShift »

why the latter tso?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:09 am

Post by T S O »

because the pushes she makes don't make any sense for scum-gm to make unless she has a death wish.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 am

Post by TierShift »

well uh I don't really see that. Why?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:19 am

Post by T S O »

Why would scum-GM randomly decide to push Thor?
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

Votepark with no push would be a more apt description.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm quite surprised that nobody scumread me after I "caught" Egg having "scum knowledge".

This brings up two inconsistencies. Some players are seen as scummy if they point out other players who seem to have inside information, but other players who make the same observation are not scummy. And there seems to be a double standard on the posting of apparent inside information as well.

UNVOTE:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

I don't see either inconsistency.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:36 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 2132, T S O wrote:Why would scum-GM randomly decide to push Thor?

well, why the heck would she not? Why would her scumreading thor make her have a 'death wish'?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:42 am

Post by goodmorning »

BUTTING IN

Look at all the people who just sheeped Thor or left him the hell alone. That's why Scum-me would not. Sheeping Thor would be the easy route, unimpeachable. I've said I get lost in Larges...

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 am

Post by TierShift »

I'M NOT ASKING YOU
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2127, goodmorning wrote:Why would I come into a fresh discussion with an agenda?

Is this a serious question?

Lets talk hypothetically; If you are scum do you think you would have an agenda while entering a fresh discussion?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:55 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2135, Thor665 wrote:I don't see either inconsistency.

PereV called you out for seeming to have inside information. Your scum read on him is based on the way he's inconsistently applying the inside information tell to you and not to others. But you are being inconsistent with how you're handling his inconsistency vs. how you handle the same inconsistency in others.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Egg »

Goodmorning wrote:Exactly. You're saying "trying to get your top scumread lynched = Town" therefore "not trying to get your top scumread lynched = not Town." Am I misinterpreting what you're saying?
I want to know why you think I would be trying harder to get Thor lynched as Town than as Scum.

This is pretty basic. If you are town, you think he is scum. Lynching him is how you win. If you are scum, it's not really a big deal if he doesn't get lynched. Why are we discussing theory that is newbie game level?

Goodmorning wrote:Top "scumread" then. Are you suggesting that Scum-me would not want my top "scumread" lynched?

If you are scum, you already know if he is scum, barring other factions. If he doesn't get lynched, you can hide behind the same vote tomorrow.

The Fonz wrote:I would kinda like to know why scum would come up with the super-derpy 'not talking to someone' reaction test, though, then openly admit it wasn't in keeping with her meta. That seems convoluted and unlikely to benefit any scum end.

Seems like keeping busy, scum hunting, and doing stuff, but isn't. And if I did something outside of my town meta as either alignment, I'd sure as fuck admit it. People research that shit.

Slandaar wrote:I was explaining to Boon that as the cop you shouldn't be so obvious to ensure that other power roles, who are unsure of whether Boon was playing his role well and thought they may do similar, would know not to play like Boon.

Well you guessed wrong. He's not the cop. So you pretty much made a scene over nothing.

TSO wrote:Why would scum-GM randomly decide to push Thor?

Why not?

Dave wrote:I'm quite surprised that nobody scumread me after I "caught" Egg having "scum knowledge".

Seemed like a legit mistake.

Goodmorning wrote:BUTTING IN

Look at all the people who just sheeped Thor or left him the hell alone. That's why Scum-me would not. Sheeping Thor would be the easy route, unimpeachable. I've said I get lost in Larges...

But people see sheep as scum. Mafia101
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2039, Thor665 wrote:You also still haven't addressed my question about why you said what you said when you voted Pere.
My pressure on you...wasn't much pressure at all, yet you popped like an overripe grape What's up with that?

Okay so you whine and bitch that we need a compromise lynch before deadline then cast doubt when someone tries to compromise on a lynch without waiting for deadline to do it.

And everybody seems okay with this.

In post 2054, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2049, T S O wrote:Because the way the argument inevitably goes is I make my case on Axle, you say I'm wasting my time, we back-and-forth, I lose the argument and end up sheepishly voting Peregrine.

I, as I've said before, am both too highly-strung and too busy to do that.

That is meaningless - the only issue is whether or not you think I'm right about the wagon states and the needs of town.
If I am, you should join me.
If not, you should tell me to sod off.
The only way there is a middle point is if you have no idea - and if you have no idea you shouldn't get pissy about it.

And considering you
always has to get the last fucking word in, every fucking time
, how would telling you to sod off do anything than piss TSO off even further, and then allow you to tunnel him into a scum read?

Lynch groom, anyone?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

And yes I owe you a reads list so consider this post to be pre-emptively calming your tits.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2138, TierShift wrote:I'M NOT ASKING YOU

THAT'S WHY I SAID I WAS BUTTING IN

BECAUSE I DID

GET REKT

In post 2139, Slandaar wrote:
In post 2127, goodmorning wrote:Why would I come into a fresh discussion with an agenda?

Is this a serious question?

Lets talk hypothetically; If you are scum do you think you would have an agenda while entering a fresh discussion?

I begin to see the problem here. One of us is wrong about my alignment. Hmmmmm.

The only agenda I have, as either alignment, is to figure things out.
I don't come into questioning intending anything else.

In post 2141, Egg wrote:
Goodmorning wrote:Exactly. You're saying "trying to get your top scumread lynched = Town" therefore "not trying to get your top scumread lynched = not Town." Am I misinterpreting what you're saying?
I want to know why you think I would be trying harder to get Thor lynched as Town than as Scum.

This is pretty basic. If you are town, you think he is scum. Lynching him is how you win. If you are scum, it's not really a big deal if he doesn't get lynched. Why are we discussing theory that is newbie game level?

It is, on the other hand, a reasonably good Scum goal to drive people up to claim, if not lynch. I think the problem here is that you're assuming I play a certain way, which is obviously not the case.

Goodmorning wrote:Top "scumread" then. Are you suggesting that Scum-me would not want my top "scumread" lynched?

If you are scum, you already know if he is scum, barring other factions. If he doesn't get lynched, you can hide behind the same vote tomorrow.

Are you suggesting that votes are the only way people express opinions in this game?

Goodmorning wrote:Look at all the people who just sheeped Thor or left him the hell alone. That's why Scum-me would not. Sheeping Thor would be the easy route, unimpeachable. I've said I get lost in Larges...

But people see sheep as scum. Mafia101[/quote]
Except they really don't. I say again, look at the Thor sheeping. How many of Thor's sheep are being scumread for sheeping? (Hint: none)

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Egg »

Goodmorning, I really don't want to wall back and forth with you while I want Pere lynched today. But I'll respond to that last post.

1. If you are scum, it doesn't really matter who is being wagoned and lynched as long as it's not you or, depending on how you play, your scumbuddy. This is basic. For everyone. Not just you.
2. Your vote is the most important part of your day play, regardless of alignment and is the number one thing you are judged on most of the time. Again. Basic.
3. If Pere flips town, the Pere wagon will be dissected. One of those sheep will be wagoned. Guaranteed. If Pere flips scum, someone will bring up the question, "Who bussed him?". Guaranteed.

^I don't need a response to any of this. It's not going to affect my vote today. My vote is on Pere. It's not moving unless it absolutely has to.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 2134, davesaz wrote:I'm quite surprised that nobody scumread me after I "caught" Egg having "scum knowledge".

This brings up two inconsistencies. Some players are seen as scummy if they point out other players who seem to have inside information, but other players who make the same observation are not scummy. And there seems to be a double standard on the posting of apparent inside information as well.

UNVOTE:

If you're trying to fish for scumreads you have to act scummy, not act like a clueless newbie which is how I read you at the time.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Egg »

Even with deadline suspended, 86 pages is more than enough. If you are on one of these wagons, I want to know what you think of Pere, Thor, and Aneninen and why you aren't voting them:
[1]Egg: davesaz
[1]goodmorning: Slandaar
[1]Scripten: PeregrineV
[1]Slandaar: Aneninen
[1]WBOCampire1104: Grayfoxxxx

[1] Not Voting: hephaestus
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:THAT'S WHY I SAID I WAS BUTTING IN

BECAUSE I DID

GET REKT

:lol: :lol: :lol:
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:33 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 2144, goodmorning wrote:The only agenda I have, as either alignment, is to figure things out.

Why would you have an agenda to figure things out as scum?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”