Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am

Post by Slandaar »

Do you think your question is productive Axle?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:23 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1775, Slandaar wrote:Do you think your question is productive Axle?

I like you. There is a strong argument its not productive and just fuelling things. I struggled with it.

but the way I talked myself into it is,
claiming previous high accuracy is a kind of appeal to the authority of past success.
While that is a bad argument, I was not sure it would not be persuasive to some people.

Unless I ask it is not certain I found the right game, and I was looking for the right game to see just how good he was at his best.
(I do understand and read that day vig is rare)

I am open to an argument i lied to myself(wishful thinking), and it wasn't productive, so I should feel bad.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:54 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1774, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1723, T S O wrote:In my most recent game, I
dayvigged scum
and removed a third party d2 and d1 before tricking the final scum into claiming incorrectly.

which game was that?

In this recent game you
day vigged town.

Shot
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p6292281
Flip
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6292302

I'm actually really embarrassed for you.

The shot, and the flip.

I even said that the scum shot was d2 and the third party removal d1.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:54 am

Post by T S O »

Thanks for not refuting my accusation in any way, though.

I'm also done talking about other games.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 am

Post by T S O »

Slandaar you should probably look at recent stuff.

If you want to waste your time and kill motivation by reading 70+ pages, go ahead, but it's really better if you just post content soon.
-Marquis
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:57 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1616, goodmorning wrote:@^: TSO is not likely to flip, much less so to flip Scum.

any reason he wont flip scum?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1770, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1768, T S O wrote:No you literally
didn't read what I just posted
if that's the conclusion - I am voting you for being a rank hypocrite on the most important issue you should have.

You are solely scumreading me for not giving my Aneninen scum-reasons to you.
When you're asked for TSO scum-reasons, you completely dodge around it and try to make Thor analyse me instead.

From your point of view as town, you'd see the disconnect between doing it and calling it scum as well. You didn't.

No I asked Thor to look for any reason you are town as I frankly cant see any of any significance.

That lack of towny motivated posts, is a reason for scum reading you.

That you point blank refuse to justify the person you are voting and the wagon you are supposedly trying to get lynched, is a really good reason to scum read you.

When was I asked for reasons TSO is scum?

Constantly repeating yourself and expecting different responses is idiotic, by the way - I'd prefer if you either responded to people calling you scum or did a better job of calling me scum. The former is obviously better, but at least the latter wouldn't be as painful to read.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:04 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1776, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1775, Slandaar wrote:Do you think your question is productive Axle?

I like you. There is a strong argument its not productive and just fuelling things. I struggled with it.

but the way I talked myself into it is,
claiming previous high accuracy is a kind of appeal to the authority of past success.
While that is a bad argument, I was not sure it would not be persuasive to some people.

Unless I ask it is not certain I found the right game, and I was looking for the right game to see just how good he was at his best.
(I do understand and read that day vig is rare)

I am open to an argument i lied to myself(wishful thinking), and it wasn't productive, so I should feel bad.

Oh, and also, this entire line of questioning is irrelevant. I don't think I'm great - I haven't posted once that I'm particularly great except in response to Nero. The reason for that was that Nero literally posts that he wants to policy lynch me every game because ??? and while that'd be irritating from a good player, his level of play isn't good enough to justify ever asking for a policy lynch on anyone.

Can you show me where this tell of yours has worked in the past? If you can I'll show you Town who did it, and then we can agree the tell is null and you're just flinging shit to see what sticks.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 am

Post by T S O »

I am beginning to feel very happy with this vote.
-Marquis
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:07 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1777, T S O wrote:
dayvigged scum
and removed a third party d2 and d1 before tricking the final scum into claiming incorrectly.

which game was that?

In this recent game you
day vigged town.

Shot
Flip

The shot, and the flip.

Good thing I asked a question then eh.
When you made the shot, what gave the scum away? was it the mod confirmed post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6306849
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1776, AxleGreaser wrote:claiming previous high accuracy is a kind of appeal to the authority of past success.

This doesn't really apply to the context even if it were true. He was responding to NC suggesting he is bad by saying he isn't. Who cares if he did or didn't try to appear better than he is? people exaggerate all the time in life it's no different.
In post 1777, T S O wrote:I'm actually really embarrassed for you.

lol.
In post 1779, T S O wrote:Slandaar you should probably look at recent stuff.

If you want to waste your time and kill motivation by reading 70+ pages, go ahead, but it's really better if you just post content soon.

I appreciate your concern, however, I like to read everything so I will do that.

:]
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:24 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1780, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1616, goodmorning wrote:@^: TSO is not likely to flip, much less so to flip Scum.

any reason he wont flip scum?

Because he isn't? For a more concrete idea than pure meta: Scum TSO would have given up talking to you/Anen ages ago. Town TSO is far more likely to throw himself at a brick wall like that.

@Nero, TSO: Please stop. If you need to completely ignore each other then fine, but this pissing contest is not helpful.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:38 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1786, goodmorning wrote:
Town TSO
is far more likely to throw himself at a brick wall like that.

This is pure meta.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Aneninen »

@Axle: as for your style. I'd been thinking and I realized that you were doing pretty much the same to TSO as he were doing to me.
I also find interesting that you don't think about the possibility of a scum-vs-scum fight – especially since there were so many posts about the "is it a multiball or not" topic.

But, I realized something else too.
In a mini normal I'm able to follow more or less every player and every topic shows up in the thread – but here I'm unable to do so. Either because this is my first Large Normal or because of the amount of the players. I also noticed that "normally" there are 1–2 pages of new posts a day in a Mini but here, whenever I want to catch up I find 5 pages or something like that. (By "normally" I mean, when the Day is not close to Deadline, not stalled etc.)

@Everyone: does the difference I've written above exist between Mini and Large games?

UNVOTE:
– because the answer changes many things in my reads.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 54, goodmorning wrote:Why would Scum try to lynch a claimed PR?

Also, GM, I have an answer your very good question you asked earlier in the game.

Because they are scum and lynching a town PR is beneficial to their win condition.

Now, I know this answer may be a lot to take in but try very hard to understand this difficult concept then let me know what you think about my answer.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1707, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1661, Thor665 wrote:The attack is not weak, and I haven't dropped or dodged off from anything I have said about you.
Feel free to prove me wrong.
Please.

Ok. Thank you for your service to the town.

Just trimming this down to showcase what I said and what he answered.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1703, T S O wrote:
In post 1693, Aneninen wrote:
In post 1636, T S O wrote:
In post 1612, Aneninen wrote:Catching-up. @TSO. As for Hephaestus, ISO him! Naked vote for Nero. Half-hearted focusing on me. Null-ing PerV (not unsorted/unsure, NULL). Naked vote for me. Naked unvote from me. And promises, promises that he will post his reads. Need I say more?

Yes. The majority of those things point to him not giving a fuck about this game. I don't think you're going to be able to prove the difference between that and scum here.

Hephaestus did something similar in a game before, it was abandoned but he was scum.

Heph also did something similar in a game before which was abandoned where he was town.
Are you sure you're right? I don't think so.

That was similar – but, he had about about 40 posts on 33 pages there and he has 13 posts on 72 pages here. Also, he produced more content there. In the other abandoned game (where he was scum) he indeed had more posts but he lurked out after a short while.

In post 1716, AxleGreaser wrote:
I am beginning to understand Aneninens pigeon poop posts more and more. (@thread: Yeah it wont be an enduring trend with me)

For the better understanding:
Spoiler: Don't open it unless you're Axle
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

In post 1741, Nero Cain wrote:like if scum is 4 or 5 then its to big for a 2nd team. If its a 2 man team (mods are doing all kinds of big team v. little team these days.) then they know its to small. If its a 3 team then there could realistically be a mirrored team or a smaller 2 man team.

I find this speculation a bit pointless. First of all, there might be an SK, regardless of the size of the scum team(s). Second, a 17:2:2 would be way to swingy, in my opinion. Unless all the scums are x-shot bulletproof or something like that but,
we'll never be able to find these things out until we see a scumflip (or more).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1761, AxleGreaser wrote:
@Thor

As you'd
love to see it
, how about you see if you can find TSO doing towny stuff, and I will see if I can find PereV doing towny stuff?
neither of us want to chase/drive a mis-lynch by being tunnelled do we.

Sure.
You go first, since I'm still on v/la anyway.

In post 1788, Aneninen wrote:@Everyone: does the difference I've written above exist between Mini and Large games?

Yes, when there are more players there is usually more posting and more threads of conversation.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Slandarr I am most interested in your initial thoughts on Thor and PV if you'd like to throw some quick content out here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

My bad guys. If TSO wants to pretend like I'm bad so he can feel better abut himself then I shouldn't let it bother me. Won't happen again.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1791, Aneninen wrote:I find this speculation a bit pointless. First of all, there might be an SK, regardless of the size of the scum team(s). Second, a 17:2:2 would be way to swingy, in my opinion. Unless all the scums are x-shot bulletproof or something like that but, we'll never be able to find these things out until we see a scumflip (or more)..

not really speculating. I'm backing up my accusation that scum already know the size of their team and thus have a good insight into weather the game is mb or not. This was also a reply to Garmrs accusation that I was contradicting myself 'cause I was (slightly) backtracking that scum knew if it was mb or not. I also think 3 kills a night are a no so its gonna be 1 team + sk or two teams.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1751, Nero Cain wrote:@GM-Why is Foz scum?

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:09 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1784, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1777, T S O wrote:
dayvigged scum

which game was that?

In this recent game you
day vigged town.

Shot
Flip

The shot, and the flip.

Good thing I asked a question then eh.
When you made the shot, what gave the scum away? was it the mod confirmed post http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6306849

Actually, it was TierShift's scummy play - but yes, Axle, that's what it was.

Did you read the part afterwards?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:10 am

Post by T S O »

wait I said I wasn't going to talk about outside games, ignore the above.

nice dig at the end, Nero. Show off your maturity.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:12 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1795, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1791, Aneninen wrote:I find this speculation a bit pointless. First of all, there might be an SK, regardless of the size of the scum team(s). Second, a 17:2:2 would be way to swingy, in my opinion. Unless all the scums are x-shot bulletproof or something like that but, we'll never be able to find these things out until we see a scumflip (or more)..

not really speculating. I'm backing up my accusation that scum already know the size of their team and thus have a good insight into weather the game is mb or not. This was also a reply to Garmrs accusation that I was contradicting myself 'cause I was (slightly) backtracking that scum knew if it was mb or not. I also think 3 kills a night are a no so its gonna be 1 team + sk or two teams.

thank you for your generic set-up speculation - I feel much better knowing you have a basic grasp of how Mafia works.
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”