Aeronaut, hephaestus, TierShift, Izariael

With 21 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline:
(expired on 2014-10-18 22:12:03)

Mod Notes

PeregrineV is V/LA until the 20th.
Thor is V/LA until the 19th.
TierShift is V/LA until the 18th.
Last edited by Aegor on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Aegor »

WBOCampfire1104 replaces Cho and Slandaar replaces Aeronaut, both effective immediately.

Deadline is tentatively set at five days, but PM me if you feel that that needs adjustment.

(expired on 2014-10-22 20:42:43).
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1719, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1718, Garmr wrote:Ironically this picture is how I feel about the post it's in.

sorry
he says somethings shit without reason,
his actual evaluation that its shit is presumably based on he doesn´t understand why i want to know
and has assumed a priori anything he doesn´t understand is shit....
and I am the monkey?

I point out the game relvant fact of him not answering questions about the game

and I am mindlessly flinging shit?

ur funny.

He said the question itself was bad which it was just like how i think your meta read escapade was bad and scummy. No it's not that he doesn't understand it's the fact it's town wouldn't have a clue because unless they have a role which wouldn't even be in a standard game they would not have any information to tell them other wise and they'll think it's a odd question. While scum would lie and say they don't know, the best answer is the same for both alignments that's why it's bad question.

In post 1722, Flubbernugget wrote:@garmr why do you think axle is shit slinging?

I was referring to the fact that tso accused axle of shit flinging which he didn't deny.

In post 1699, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1691, T S O wrote:Axle literally keeps throwing shit no matter what I do,

The one thing you have not done yet is show the plenty of posts that show Aneninen to be scummy.
I asked for them a very long time ago. As you still have not provided them I conclude they do not exist.

I'm more concerned condescending/aggressive tones to people that oppose his views even if it's just criticism that his picked up recently when his come under fire. It's not shit slinging but it's something to note.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1721, Nero Cain wrote:I've commented on the PV/Thor slap fight (which has dominated the day up until this point.

Hi you are calling it a slap fight.

Which means to me, you think both participant are not putting their shoulders into the fight and throwing punches.

SO PereV is slapping thor....

why are you voting Thor over PereV if it is as you say a slap fight.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you are reading WAY TO MUCH into that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1721, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1363, Garmr wrote:Nero cain I pretty much don't like doing meta cases because I suck with them. I'm saying your objective looks scum orientated and you provide no real content. I'm accusing you of forcing yourself into arguments to look town,Using cases with role pms and additional information that town don't have so people can't refute them so you can find a reason to vote them, while also providing little content as possible on the current game state. If your saying your meta is your defense then you can go fuck yourself.

Can you give me an example of me using additional info that town doesn't have?

I've given my reads and commented on posts that I felt needed to be commented on. I've commented on the PV/Thor slap fight (which has dominated the day up until this point.) What do you feel that I need to comment on and talk about?

I also said nothing about my defense being meta....

You misread the post a bit my fault for the wording. I meant you used accusation which town couldn't answer because they don't posses that knowledge.
when i say you provide no real content i talk about your fluff to read/push ratio is really off out of 35 post I would consider only 3-4 had content or a push but I will admit you really have took it up a notch lately.

and I know you didn't say anything about meta being a defense it was more a I don't want to hear that from you because I would tear my hair out.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1729, Nero Cain wrote:you are reading WAY TO MUCH into that.

the psychology term for it, is projecting,
I was projecting as I think its a slap fight,

which is one reason I want to lynch elsewhere today.
If slap fight meant to you what it means to me I thought you should want to as well.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1730, Garmr wrote:I will admit you really have took it up a notch lately.

that light is not the end of the tunnel
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok what accusation did I make that town couldn't answer?

I currently have 86 posts. At the time of your post I had 83. If you felt like my first 35 lacked content but my next 48 had more content why would you fuss about my first 35?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1731, AxleGreaser wrote:If slap fight meant to you what it means to me I thought you should want to as well.

It doesn't. I'm calling it a slap fight just 'cause they are bitching back and forth. Of the two I think Thor is the scummier, but I also think its a bunch of noise. What is your current read on Thor?

In post 1732, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1730, Garmr wrote:I will admit you really have took it up a notch lately.

that light is not the end of the tunnel

I really don't think I've been "fluffy" and I resent the accusation.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1460, The Fonz wrote:PV: NO! You still haven't answered the question of why you assumed insider knowledge rather than error.

'cause town scumhunt and therefore don't assume error. Its like if you get a guilty, eventhough false positives happen you are still assuming that its correct.

In post 1465, AxleGreaser wrote:If
people purposefully play in such a way that I cant tell if they are town or scum
, I lynch them or try too.

^^^^
how I feel about current site meta

yeah, TSO evading Axle is p horrible.

on 65 so nearly done

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1733, Nero Cain wrote:ok what accusation did I make that town couldn't answer?

I currently have 86 posts. At the time of your post I had 83. If you felt like my first 35 lacked content but my next 48 had more content why would you fuss about my first 35?

I thought you read my anwser and would click but. Your 1179 and the discussion that followed it. I don't know what information scum would know
Recently means after I was using the first 35 as an example. but out of you 83 I would say 20-25 would be relevant so basically 1/4.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by WBOCampfire1104 »

Hey. I'm the replacement for Cho.

It's been 8 months since I've played a game. Wow.

I'm gonna go back and investigate.

Peace.
Buy gold and search for the blindeye.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1736, Garmr wrote:Your 1179 and the discussion that followed it. I don't know what information scum would know

Based on the size of their team scum already have a pretty good idea if a game is mb or not. This is not an advanced concept and it feels dishonest coming from a player with a years worth of experience.

WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:02 pm

In post 1737, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Hey. I'm the replacement for Cho.

Peace.

I have NO idea what's going on here.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1738, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1736, Garmr wrote:Your 1179 and the discussion that followed it. I don't know what information scum would know

Based on the size of their team scum already have a pretty good idea if a game is mb or not. This is not an advanced concept and it feels dishonest coming from a player with a years worth of experience.

This concept is new to me I started a year ago like you said and was banned for more than half it and the mafia i was on (pokemon online) had every role listed it was a open set up. I still disagree with this concept as I listed an example a scum team legit thought i was scum in another game and the fact you contradict yourself

In post 1252, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1250, Scripten wrote:I guess I just don't see the link between the size of the scumteam and whether or not the game has multiple scumteams. (Or are we including SKs in that definition?) Or are there other aspects I'm missing?

multiball is traditionally 2 mafia teams and that's the context that I've been using it in. Its a 21 player game and there's only going to be like 5 or 6 scum max. If its a 4 or 5 player team then you know there's not going to be another. If its 2 then you know there's going to be another.
3, maybe.

This is very basic game logic and I'm not sure this is a scum whine or a new player just being new and not understanding.

Which gets me curious why your so convinced that scums knows if it's multiball or not when you brought up the possibility it's not?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not really a contradiction: maybe I misspoke a lil;

like if scum is 4 or 5 then its to big for a 2nd team. If its a 2 man team (mods are doing all kinds of big team v. little team these days.) then they know its to small. If its a 3 team then there could realistically be a mirrored team or a smaller 2 man team.

ok yeah, maybe they don't
know
, my point still stands though: scum already have a p good idea of the game state based on team size.

So that's why I didn't really like your whining about Boons "softclaim" 'cause is not like its giving the scum info they didn't already have.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1739, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:

Peace.

I have NO idea what's going on
here

is there some particular where you dont understand?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Nero Cain wrote:So that's why I didn't really like your whining about Boons "softclaim" 'cause is not like its giving the scum info they didn't already have.

Well they know boons isn't a vt. But hey, there's a lot that could go worse than a boons nk.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:44 pm

In post 1742, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1739, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:

Peace.

I have NO idea what's going on
here

is there some particular where you dont understand?

Well, my internet is RLY trippy so I was only able to read a few pages,

I've never been in a game with more than 20 people,

so I don't know If i can handle it. I'll try.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1741, Nero Cain wrote:not really a contradiction: maybe I misspoke a lil;

like if scum is 4 or 5 then its to big for a 2nd team. If its a 2 man team (mods are doing all kinds of big team v. little team these days.) then they know its to small. If its a 3 team then there could realistically be a mirrored team or a smaller 2 man team.

ok yeah, maybe they don't
know
, my point still stands though: scum already have a p good idea of the game state based on team size.

So that's why I didn't really like your whining about Boons "softclaim" 'cause is not like its giving the scum info they didn't already have.

Wait you thought I was whining about that? God your dense I was whining about the fact boon softclaimed in the first place. I was using the example that the information about it being multi scum would of been found out the next day so the information was not needed.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not really 'cause two kills=//=knowing weather the second kill is from an sk or a 2nd mafia team. Even one kill doesn't prove anything 'cause roles n jazz.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1744, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:I've never been in a game with more than 20 people,

so I don't know If i can handle it. I'll try.

handling it:

play the game.
read.
post words (I like lots of them)
avoid monkey dung, it both smells and sticks.
trust that if you are town then other townies will work it out, you dont have to be the hero
even if you are town and get mislynched make that expensive for scum

aka. play.

if you are not town, fake it well enough, not to need to make excuses.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1746, Nero Cain wrote:not really 'cause two kills=//=knowing weather the second kill is from an sk or a 2nd mafia team. Even one kill doesn't prove anything 'cause roles n jazz.

Point taken but was it really worth outing a role?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

read on Thor Axle.

@Garmr no

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”