Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1323, goodmorning wrote:Nero is not actually reading words.
You also are not actually reading words, but it's harder to catch you at it.
I, on the other hand, am actually reading words. I'm just not writing very many. Subtle difference, I know.

:lol:

I'll accept that you're getting to my one question and will just 2nd Fonz as far as my second question goes. I find the whole concept odd, so I am looking to see it expanded on as an idea.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Egg »

Thor665 wrote:
If Null or Towny - are any of the counter wagons remotely on scummy players? Vote them then.

Goodmorning wrote:You're Scum and all the potential wagons are on Town, is that it?
Did I guess right?

It's OK, you don't have to tell anyone.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Egg »

Ignore that. Hit submit instead of preview. Also, I'm working on a post lol
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by T S O »

I might get to this tomorrow.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1324, The Fonz wrote:How would you have expected town-Toby to react, had she not been in the process of flaking out of the game? How do you think scum-Toby would have been different?

People tend to be most concerned about themselves, so I would have expected her to notice on a similar timescale regardless of alignment.
However, I think that Town-Toby would have been curious, possibly tried to draw me out with questioning, maybe wondering (as dave) whether I was Scum looking for an excuse not to talk about a specific player.
Scum-Toby might have insinuated the latter, but would have been most likely to fall on more extreme ends of the scale: either paranoia about my "reaction test" or a lack of concern given her lack of inclusion on my list of concern.

There was, of course, the added bonus that an unspecified reaction test can make newbier scum paranoid. Or anyone, really.
On that note, your curiosity about it was interesting. Thor's was even more interesting.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay. So I just read the whole thread front to back. Brain is kinda fried.

Does anybody have a non-meta or non-PoE town read on Thor right now? I would love to hear about it.

TSO can you push a secondary scum read for a little bit?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by T S O »

mmm.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by T S O »

I don't really feel like playing Mafia one bit tonight - maybe tomorrow.
-Marquis
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1329, goodmorning wrote:
In post 1324, The Fonz wrote:How would you have expected town-Toby to react, had she not been in the process of flaking out of the game? How do you think scum-Toby would have been different?

People tend to be most concerned about themselves, so I would have expected her to notice on a similar timescale regardless of alignment.
However, I think that Town-Toby would have been curious, possibly tried to draw me out with questioning, maybe wondering (as dave) whether I was Scum looking for an excuse not to talk about a specific player.
Scum-Toby might have insinuated the latter, but would have been most likely to fall on more extreme ends of the scale: either paranoia about my "reaction test" or a lack of concern given her lack of inclusion on my list of concern.

There was, of course, the added bonus that an unspecified reaction test can make newbier scum paranoid. Or anyone, really.
On that note, your curiosity about it was interesting. Thor's was even more interesting.

What reaction tests have you tried in the recent past, and how did those play out?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Egg »

So. I want this to be pretty readable, so I'm turning it into two posts. Non-Pere stuff and Pere stuff. Shouldn't look like a wall at all that way, hopefully. I'm through 41 pages:

Thor665 wrote:
If Null or Towny - are any of the counter wagons remotely on scummy players? Vote them then.

Goodmorning wrote:You're Scum and all the potential wagons are on Town, is that it?
Did I guess right?

It's OK, you don't have to tell anyone.

^This is forced as hell. You are clearly grasping at whatever you can find to make Thor look like scum. He's actually right. A week may seem like forever, but if in 3-4 RL days, Pere is still around L-5 like he was at the time of that post (admittedly 3 RL days ago), and he gets rush wagoned and claims something not very lynchable, there aren't really other options at that point without an extreme flash wagon. Or, if maybe the rush wagon doesn't come. Now we are kind of fucked. Really, the three wagons at L-9 that Thor pointed out should be either voting Pere or consolidating if they are sure Pere is town. The time to compromise is now, not 72 hours from deadline.

TSO wrote:You've literally got everything there which made him vote-worthy. Randomly accusing me of doing stuff he didn't like, and when I checked it out they made no fucking sense at all. I hadn't really agreed with anything he said so far and that was the final straw for me, really.

Dude. TSO. You're better than this. Aneninen is scum for a bad case on you and other reads you disagree with? Come on. You know that has nothing to do with alignment unless you can show that he doesn't honestly believe this so called bad case or that his reads aren't genuine. Simply disagreeing with someone doesn't make them scum. (And I see now that Axle touched on this). Ok, in your answer to Axle, you said it's because he can't back his reads that you disagree with. So is flimsy reasoning with conclusions you agree with a town tell to you? I hope the answer to this is no because this is flawed as hell. But I don't see where you are coming from otherwise. Also, can you show specifically where his reasoning is flimsy? He seems fine to me. Is it possible that you are reading him differently because he called himself a VI?

Gamr wrote: tbh I don't understand why scum would reveal they have a role that could confirm multiscum because that would make them more likely to be targeted in the night phase

At first, I wanted to call this town thinking because it shows that you are trying to understand where boon is coming from and admitting you may be wrong. Buuuuuut. Why are you thinking/talking about NKs?

Noting Heph's naked vote. Hope to see an explanation. Someone bother me if I forget to revisit this. Also bother me about post 1011 at some point. Aaaaaand, I see an unvote from Heph. Heph, care to explain that vote and unvote?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Egg »

Pere wrote:It sounds like you have a problem withthe person I sheeped, then had a problem with sheeping. What's your position on Scripten, the subject of the vote?

As I said in the post you quoted while making this post, I had no issues with you sheeping at Izar. I was trying to understand your position. It seems that you claim to have mostly voted for lolreactions and failed to show us what reactions you got (unless I missed that part, which is entirely possible and if so please point me in that direction). And as I also said, there's possible scum motivation in adding momentum after a case is made if Script is town and you are scum. As for my specific read on Script, I've started to lean more town now that he's started posting some pretty good content. I liked Izar's case at the time it was made, but those points aren't really relevant anymore.

Me wrote:Pere, why is your entire reads list either scum vibes or started town but now scum? You realize there are town players in this game, right?

Pere wrote:Noy sure what you mean. Here's my old list, so who started as town and is now scum (not entire list, to be sure).

My point is you are implying that quite a few players are either scum reads for you, or you imply somewhere that they could be scum. Here's your list with color coding on how I interpret your reads. Should be obvious, but red=scum, green=town, black=null. And, I freely admit that I'm redding any mention of scum because my point is that even your "town" reads seem to leave room for the thought that they are scum:
Pere wrote: 1. Aeronaut*- In some twist of irony has fewer posts than me. We'll see what the catchup police have to say about him, I suppose.
2. Alina- replaced? being replaced?
Aneninen- early scumvibes. Later, saying and doing the right things, but taking the meticulous post-by-post approach with no analysis of the posts along with the stunningly empty conclusion of Pere is scum (418). This can easily be compared to Thor's 477 with actual reasons (even if wrong).
4. Boonskiies- Probably scum

5. Cho- thought the mafia claim was good discussion starter. However, it never went anywhere after that, nor was it used to start discussion. For that, downgraded from town-rvs to null (I think psychologically that when scum claim scum it helps relieve their conscious about being scum. If others take it as fake/humor, so much the better. In any scumclaim cases, esp. RVS, I look to motive) Nothing has improved the null read, including the wagon on him.
6. GrayfoxxxxCsareo- I liked for town at the start. That diminshed somewhat by the TSO tunnel. Grayfoxx is still got some town sheen, and has not degraded it any since taking over. We'll see how it goes.
7. davesaz- Early scumvibes. Improved somewhat, but still hits me when I read some of his posts. There is scumhunting there, but it seems of the cautious type.
8. Egg- Liked his early push on me. His later self-doubt I read somewhat as town, but keeping your vote there after expressing that doubt takes away the town cred. This is one I'm be exploring more of later.

9. Garmr- probably town.

10. goodmorning- Another player I usually start reading with a town bias towards their posts. So when I read them and feel icky, not a good sign. Leaning scum.
11. Goofyd00d- Early scumvibes. Some of the things he says are contradictions in and of themselves. (295 and 455 are examples)

12. hephaestus*- skimmed and will catchup later
13. Izariael- Already discussed. early townlean, but high expectations expected.

14. Muffin- Torn here. Outing neighborhood protown, but votes Cho as scum same post. claims I scumposted without a definition of why it's scumposting (very similar to Aneninen).

15. Nero Cain- early townvibes. We'll see if these stay.
16. PeregrineV- So town! My God, so town!

17. Scripten- early scumvibes. Some wording makes me wonder.392- A vote on him for "town cred" can only be town cred if Scripten is scum. Stuff like that keeps me from calling you town.

18. T S O- I think he's town this game. Probably means he's scum. Not my issue, but not voting him right now.

19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball (261 and 265) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun. :]
20. TierShift- very early scumvibe, went away slowly. I see peeks of town, but not enough. Null for now, looking for more.

21. TobyLoby- Early null. The styling of some of her posts I think is town, but their delivery and followup are not there. It's like a one-way questioning but I don't think I've seen responses to the responses to her questions. Slight null-scum, but waiting for a strong read to pop.

And actually, my disclaimer only applies to Aneninen, Gray, and Muffin. But I also gave you the benefit of the doubt on Cho, Nero, TSO, and Toby and greened your self read. So the numbers still come out about right, if not a little in your favor. So, I repeat my question. You realize there are town players in this game, right? I mean, even if you are town, this should be an eye opener. You should probably re-order the list from towniest to scummiest and figure out who your top scum reads are even if this means having a pile who you don't like, but have to admit are town. Another thing that stands out about this list:
Everyone on your wagon as of Page 7 is in red
. Do you honestly believe your 7 player wagon is ALL scum?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

That reminds me, how come nobody took issue with Thor's reads list that was all town\lurksack?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: Thor
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Noise to reads ratio anyone?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Is your avatar from a game or a movie or something?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Cannibal Corpse's second album.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by davesaz »

Flubber, welcome! The different view on Thor is thought provoking. I'd be interested in your thoughts on goodmorning.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1336, Flubbernugget wrote:That reminds me, how come nobody took issue with Thor's reads list that was all town\lurksack?

Issue with it for what reason? Calling too many people town? Too many lurksacks? Or too many of each?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1341, davesaz wrote:Flubber, welcome! The different view on Thor is thought provoking. I'd be interested in your thoughts on goodmorning.

remind me of your view on Thor.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1342, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1336, Flubbernugget wrote:That reminds me, how come nobody took issue with Thor's reads list that was all town\lurksack?

Issue with it for what reason? Calling too many people town? Too many lurksacks? Or too many of each?

Are all of your scum reads PoE?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1341, davesaz wrote:Flubber, welcome! The different view on Thor is thought provoking. I'd be interested in your thoughts on goodmorning.

I should probably ISO her. All I remember is someone bitching about a bad reaction test. Not reading anymore today/tonight.

Is this your first large?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1344, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 1342, Thor665 wrote:

Are all of your scum reads PoE?

No.

Also, I'm pretty sure that didn't answer my question.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1338, Flubbernugget wrote:Noise to reads ratio anyone?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Wow.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

What was the point of an incomplete reads list anyway?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”