Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok.....but I don't get why you are being caustic here and it makes me think you lack social skills or are scum and since I have played with you before and don't think you lack social skills I'm going with scum.

In post 1227, The Fonz wrote:1.Primarily, calling Aneninen's voting reason 'fake' yet doing jack shit about this. 2.Questions TSO's obviously not-serious vote. 3. The only other part of that post that is in any way content is in saying Csareo's posts are 'refreshingly direct' when he kind of hints that he might have a problem with Thor but asks an empty question instead, the obvious answer to which is 'because he's fucking terrible.' It's a glaring filler post.

1. Looked like a joke to me
2. This is the only part of your "385 is bad" that stacks up.
3. I don't think that's an empty question at all.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

so yeah, looks like your PV vote was a scum hop.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

1. Didn't look in any, way shape or form like a joke to me.
2. I got an incredibly strong scumvibe off that post. Like, it leapt off the page at me. Are you telling me that when you look at it, it doesn't scream scum to you?
3. Would you like to explain how it's a scum hop (presumably, onto a wagon) when I hadn't even got to the point where the wagon built at that stage? I mean, the existence of the wagon is fine, because he's scum. But still.
4. It was obviously empty. What the hell could you expect Thor to say in response that would be in any way enlightening?
5. You're ignoring the 'it's full of filler' point.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:11 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1288, goodmorning wrote:
In post 1281, Thor665 wrote:Walk me through what I'm supposed to see?

You're not supposed to see anything. That's the point.

So let me get this straight. You were reaction testing Toby by
not communicating
? And you expect us to believe that? Or are you just saying that your reaction test involved Toby perhaps as an experimental subject, and you were really looking for the reactions of someone else to that non-communication?

If you were looking for whether there was a response or not, I'd think you would have posted something provocative in order to generate, or not generate, that response. No evidence of that kind of activity with regard to Toby.

Let me guess, the reaction test was saying there was a reaction test? To find out who, if anyone, responded to that? Or aimed at a specific player?

I think it makes a dandy way for scum to deliberately not say anything useful for a few days. From a scum motivation, if someone calls you out on it it gives you an attack point. And if nobody calls you out on it, then you get to skate for a while. I think I like this explanation a lot better than what I've seen in your responses to it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

1. It was an RVS vote and therefore "fake" Also he was calling Boon scum and NOT Anen.
2. Nope.
3. Saying you hadn't seen it yet =//= having seen it yet. Scum lie. But like there was still plenty of PV talk up to p20 and there was no way to miss that.+ on p23 there was a vc that showed PV as tied for the leading wagon with 4 votes, however none of those 4 votes came between pages 20-23 so you are lying that you didn't see that.
4. Not sure but asking PV to explain why he thought Scripten was scummy seems like a p legit q to me.
5. I disagree that its filler.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So who wants to claim to be Fonzies scum buddy?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

Looks like my predecessor was bang on the money... you can swing next.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

mod, pls change your vc style.

ex.

In post 1075, Aegor wrote:
[7]PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Muffin, Aneninen, Scripten, davesaz, Tiershift
[3]Aneninen: T S O, Garmr, Cho
[3]Cho: Grayfoxxxx, Goofyd00d, Boonskiies
[3]Scripten: Izariael, PeregrineV, AxleGreaser
[2]Thor: goodmorning, Nero Cain
[1]Nero Cain: TobyLoby

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Hey Fonz, wanna explain to me how PV had a 4 man wagon on him but you claimed to not have seen this?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1307, Nero Cain wrote:
mod, pls change your vc style.

ex.

In post 1075, Aegor wrote:
[7]PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Muffin, Aneninen, Scripten, davesaz, Tiershift
[3]Aneninen: T S O, Garmr, Cho
[3]Cho: Grayfoxxxx, Goofyd00d, Boonskiies
[3]Scripten: Izariael, PeregrineV, AxleGreaser
[2]Thor: goodmorning, Nero Cain
[1]Nero Cain: TobyLoby

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Garmr »

Note to self

Fonz- gets the townie tick of approval
Nero- is starting to look suspicious.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is fonz townie, why am I suspicious?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1304, Nero Cain wrote:1. It was an RVS vote and therefore "fake" Also he was calling Boon scum and NOT Anen.

Erm, this is untrue. What PV appears to be saying is that Anen had motive other than his declared 'lolRVS' reasoning. If I'm wrong and he's just derping around, then that still points to a lack of scumhunting intent. Because why bother? Unless he's s, and this feels like a stretch, he's saying that a fake Boon vote is bad, because it should have been a REAL Boon vote? That would be alright.

2. Nope.

I find this hard to believe.

3. Saying you hadn't seen it yet =//= having seen it yet. Scum lie. But like there was still plenty of PV talk up to p20 and there was no way to miss that.+ on p23 there was a vc that showed PV as tied for the leading wagon with 4 votes, however none of those 4 votes came between pages 20-23 so you are lying that you didn't see that.

No, I'm obviously not lying. I mean it's fairly clear from the timeline of my posting that I was in the process of catching up. Some talk =/= obvious leading wagon. You're trying to paint me as piling on a PV lynch. BS.

4. Not sure but asking PV to explain why he thought Scripten was scummy seems like a p legit q to me.

Sorry, WHAT? Who are you saying was asking PV to explain anything? We're talking about a PV post. Do you mean asking Thor? The problem here is it's really really obvious what the 'problem' with Csareo is, and PV can't have not seen it.

5. I disagree that its filler.

*Shrug* You're wrong. It was outstanding in its lack of town motive.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1308, Nero Cain wrote:Hey Fonz, wanna explain to me how PV had a 4 man wagon on him but you claimed to not have seen this?

Because I don't count votes in my head as I re-read, I look for scummy things. Obviously I wasn't entirely unaware some people had expressed some suspicion. But the Thor/Peregrine hatefest begins pretty much precisely from the point at which I paused my re-read.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1311, Nero Cain wrote:Why is fonz townie, why am I suspicious?

Because I don't see what's wrong with what fonz is saying. I actually can see the thought he puts behind some of answer even if I don't agree with every read.

While on the other hand your just Like why are you scum reading him why is this guy a town/scum read even if they already explained it that or basing arguments on assumed knowledge which can't be proven or disproven. You also don't seem natural it's like you force yourself into a situation were you label someone as scum and then get in a heated debut. Sure people get into debuts all the time but not by going. "Me nero, why are you town/scum reading? oh that anwser you scum, Me debut, me look town *beats chest.*" or "Me nero, me assume you have more knowledge, you can't debate that since you can't prove don't have knowledge, You scum Me debut, me look town *beats chest.*" That's how I feel when I read your game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1295, Nero Cain wrote:ok well...TBH that case doesn't sway me but ok, lets say that I'm wrong and PV is scum. Who are the non PV scum in this game?

It's Day 1 and my top read is the largest wagon by a vast margin. I currently have no need to entertain compromises or to sideline myself from pointing out how scummy Pere is.

In post 1295, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1291, Thor665 wrote:Nero - scummy for reason stated, but a lesser read than Pere.

What made me go from townish to your second highest scumread?

In post 1297, The Fonz wrote:^ Clear evidence Nero isn't bothering to read the thread

Go back and click that post you're asking me about - it doesn't say what you are asking me to defend it saying.
Holy cats dude, this is annoying and frustrating. You need to pick it up and actually read stuff as opposed to skimming for your name and tossing out one liners - it is NOT helpful.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Aneninen »

Happy Birthday, Thor!

Also a preemptive prod dodge because If I don't have time to post tonight (GMT+1) I may run out of the 2-days-limit. Sorry for that.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:28 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1303, davesaz wrote:
In post 1288, goodmorning wrote:
In post 1281, Thor665 wrote:Walk me through what I'm supposed to see?

You're not supposed to see anything. That's the point.

So let me get this straight. You were reaction testing Toby by
not communicating
? And you expect us to believe that? Or are you just saying that your reaction test involved Toby perhaps as an experimental subject, and you were really looking for the reactions of someone else to that non-communication?

If you were looking for whether there was a response or not, I'd think you would have posted something provocative in order to generate, or not generate, that response. No evidence of that kind of activity with regard to Toby.

Let me guess, the reaction test was saying there was a reaction test? To find out who, if anyone, responded to that? Or aimed at a specific player?

I think it makes a dandy way for scum to deliberately not say anything useful for a few days. From a scum motivation, if someone calls you out on it it gives you an attack point. And if nobody calls you out on it, then you get to skate for a while. I think I like this explanation a lot better than what I've seen in your responses to it.

Sometimes a complete dearth of communication is far more provocative than any words, particularly when one is interacting with every other player. Toby was reasonably active at the time and not someone that I'm aware of having played with, so the perfect candidate.

If you think I haven't been participating then I think you need to reassess.

In the meantime, this Fonz/Nero thing is starting to make me think the people calling multiball might be right.

In post 1315, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1295, Nero Cain wrote:ok well...TBH that case doesn't sway me but ok, lets say that I'm wrong and PV is scum. Who are the non PV scum in this game?

It's Day 1 and my top read is the largest wagon by a vast margin. I currently have no need to entertain compromises or to sideline myself from pointing out how scummy Pere is.

This is bad.

In post 1295, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1291, Thor665 wrote:Nero - scummy for reason stated, but a lesser read than Pere.

What made me go from townish to your second highest scumread?

In post 1297, The Fonz wrote:^ Clear evidence Nero isn't bothering to read the thread

Go back and click that post you're asking me about - it doesn't say what you are asking me to defend it saying.
Holy cats dude, this is annoying and frustrating. You need to pick it up and actually read stuff as opposed to skimming for your name and tossing out one liners - it is NOT helpful.

This is better.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1316, Aneninen wrote:Happy Scumday, Thor!

FTFY.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Garmr »

happy scumday thor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1317, goodmorning wrote:This is better.

This is the *exact* sort of thing I have been saying to you that you were complaining was discrediting you and making me more scummy.
But when I point out that Nero isn't reading gak and playing poorly suddenly it's "better"
:neutral:
I'm good with the idea of lynching Goodmorning now.

In other news, you also didn't address any questions I asked you in my last big post communicating with you. The one I regret not seeing an answer to was a deeper explanation of saying Fonz wasn't offering reads, and also when, specifically, you decided to get a read off Toby by choosing not to interact with him.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Aegor »

flubbernugget replaces Goofyd00d, effective immediately.

Looking for an Aeronaut replacement; deadline will be extended once one is secured.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:14 am

Post by TierShift »

announcing that I have trouble staying caught up in the weekdays and am thus likely not to post during them.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:27 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 1320, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1317, goodmorning wrote:This is better.

This is the *exact* sort of thing I have been saying to you that you were complaining was discrediting you and making me more scummy.
But when I point out that Nero isn't reading gak and playing poorly suddenly it's "better"
:neutral:
I'm good with the idea of lynching Goodmorning now.

In other news, you also didn't address any questions I asked you in my last big post communicating with you. The one I regret not seeing an answer to was a deeper explanation of saying Fonz wasn't offering reads, and also when, specifically, you decided to get a read off Toby by choosing not to interact with him.

Nero is not actually reading words.
You also are not actually reading words, but it's harder to catch you at it.
I, on the other hand, am actually reading words. I'm just not writing very many. Subtle difference, I know.

That's true. It's because those are pretty much the only two questions you asked. The former is one I'm getting to. The latter is one that I assumed was solvable by inference: I directly interacted with Toby once, so that would have been before I made the decision not to do so, and Toby started getting less active later in the Day, which was after. There was no one post that triggered it, if that's what you're asking.

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

How would you have expected town-Toby to react, had she not been in the process of flaking out of the game? How do you think scum-Toby would have been different?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”