Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:41 am

Post by goodmorning »

Who would have thought my vanity vote would spark some actual looking into Thor?

I'm rereading today, should have decent reads on people by the end.

P-EDIT: I find daytalk a little unlikely given that the neighbourhoods seem to all be Night-only, unless nobody bothered to share that gem. I'd like to think that someone would have taken the Cabd-NY169 route and gone "yeah we're daytalking
masons
neighbours so scum probably have daytalk."
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:46 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1199, TierShift wrote:At all. It was quite recent, though.

lol, I suck.

If you desperately want to see it, I can try looking for you, nero.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1200, goodmorning wrote:Who would have thought my vanity vote would spark some actual looking into Thor?

TBF, I think Thor is just extremely argumentative. My vote on him was more me being goofy than anything but I guess him not explaining his town read on me is rather silly.

What do you think of Fonz?
dave?
tso?
scripten?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1191, TierShift wrote:
Stop. You're no better than anyone here. Keep that in mind.

I don't think I'm particularly great at all - I just think their play is really awful right now.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 am

Post by TierShift »

And there are others who don't think so. You don't have to scream the loudest.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 am

Post by T S O »

Fair enough.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1115, T S O wrote:
In post 421, T S O wrote:
In post 418, Aneninen wrote:
TSO. What I don't like is here:
– it's just a feeling but these seemed to be fake.
"I don't lurk as scum. Aneninen, Cho, Egg, Thor and Pere have all seen my scumgame when it's working decently. You can ask them."

"I really don't agree with anything Aneninen is saying right now."
– soooo, if I posted I knew how you played as scum would you disagree with me? ^_^
– whattafukk was that bullshyt? A quote-wall which contains nothing from or about me and asking Thor about me? How does that make sense? ( – what kind of explanation was that?
"That quote string is me going through the thread convinced I was right - ignore it."
– What did you examine?)

That's trash.

#304 - It's your opinion, you might be entitled to it - but it's wrong.
#381 - What possible problem could you have with this? Are you reading what you're posting?
#383 - What the hell is this meant to mean? I have literally no problem with you talking about the scum game of mine you played in. Is this meant to make me look scummy or something?
#400 - Get this, right? You see that quote string?
Those were the posts I was looking at!
No, really!

In post 422, T S O wrote:You got your day of grace, Aneninen, it's gone.

Unvote
Vote: Aneninen

These were Aneninen's reasons for scumreading me. To a point, they are fluffy bullshit which is no way indicative of me-scum.

When I called him out, he literally did nothing relevant to refute anything I said - ergo, he knew it was true.

Why would Town do this?

I'll put to you what I put to Axle - can you answer it?
-Marquis
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1172, TierShift wrote:
Spoiler: for pere, my love
In post 1001, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 869, TierShift wrote:catch-up sorta finished.

Boon, claim your role if it confirms multiball.

As much as I hate voting with thor, peregrine's read on thor for the multiball comment is actually scummy as fuck.

VOTE: pere
Shit.

closer looks at anen, muffin and iza coming up tomorrow.

Quote my read on Thor to show you understand it.

Sure, sunshine.
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball (261 and 265) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun.

I still don't like the fact that you found Thor's 'multiball is a safe assumption' as too strong for town.

In post 1015, hephaestus wrote:
In post 918, Thor665 wrote:
At least three people who read his situation with me have come back with scummy - and multiple others are at least voting him.
Why is your read null?

Meh, this multiball shitstorm means nothing to me tbh. Getting a few scummy vibes from his ISO but I'm not so sure you're town either.

I like this palyer. Do more shit tho.

According to history, randomly, there is a 75% to not be two scumteams, so once again the fuss raised about my read is not proportionate to the read itself.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1178, TierShift wrote:Another empty post by scripten. This happens too often. I've played with town-him before, in which he very clearly stated opinions, took sides and was very proactive.

They are all like that, even when directly asked questions there are words but not answers.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Aegor »

Aeronaut has requested replacement.
Last edited by Aegor on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Aegor »

Votecount 1.10

[3]
Aneninen:
T S O, Garmr, Cho
[3]
Cho:
Grayfoxxxx, Goofyd00d, Boonskiies
:right: [6]
PeregrineV:
Egg, Thor665, Muffin, Scripten, davesaz, The Fonz
[2]
Scripten:
Izariael, PeregrineV
[2]
Thor:
goodmorning, Nero Cain
[2]
T S O:
AxleGreaser, Aneninen

[3]
Not Voting:
Aeronaut, hephaestus, TierShift

With 21 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline:
(expired on 2014-10-18 22:12:03)

Mod Notes

Aeronus is V/LA until Thursday
GrayFoxxxx is V/LA until Friday
Last edited by Aegor on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1207, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1172, TierShift wrote:
Spoiler: for pere, my love
In post 1001, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 869, TierShift wrote:catch-up sorta finished.

Boon, claim your role if it confirms multiball.

As much as I hate voting with thor, peregrine's read on thor for the multiball comment is actually scummy as fuck.

VOTE: pere
Shit.

closer looks at anen, muffin and iza coming up tomorrow.

Quote my read on Thor to show you understand it.

Sure, sunshine.
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball (261 and 265) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun.

I still don't like the fact that you found Thor's 'multiball is a safe assumption' as too strong for town.

In post 1015, hephaestus wrote:
In post 918, Thor665 wrote:
At least three people who read his situation with me have come back with scummy - and multiple others are at least voting him.
Why is your read null?

Meh, this multiball shitstorm means nothing to me tbh. Getting a few scummy vibes from his ISO but I'm not so sure you're town either.

I like this palyer. Do more shit tho.

According to history, randomly, there is a 75% to not be two scumteams, so once again the fuss raised about my read is not proportionate to the read itself.

You're quite fond of that history-based read, aren't you? While the historical proof only came after the fuss, am I right?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 am

Post by T S O »

TierShift, please talk to me - if you're going to sort Aneninen one way or another, it's pretty necessary.
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:48 am

Post by TierShift »

Oh hey, I forgot.

So it goes like this:
1. Anen calls you scum for reasons
2. You refute said reasons
3. Anen ignores you refuting said reasons
4. Anen is scum?

I didn't bother to check if 1-3 are correct, but there is still a major disconnect between 3 and 4.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1211, TierShift wrote:You're quite fond of that history-based read, aren't you? While the historical proof only came after the fuss, am I right?

Actually, given the number of these games I played in, and the fact it's 21 players, I immediately thought it unlikely to have 2 scumteams (hence the Thor statement). Thor pretty much challenged that assertion, so I pulled the games.

So proof, yes, because it was requested. Opinion was part of the the .
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:10 am

Post by TierShift »

all right.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:12 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1213, TierShift wrote:Oh hey, I forgot.

So it goes like this:
1. Anen calls you scum for reasons
2. You refute said reasons
3. Anen ignores you refuting said reasons
4. Anen is scum?

I didn't bother to check if 1-3 are correct, but there is still a major disconnect between 3 and 4.

Aneninen calls me scum for awful, shitty, obviously false reasons. He didn't misunderstand shit - he was just plain lazy wrong. I called him out, he
didn't refute anything I said whatsoever
, and his posts got worse and worse from there. The post where he votes me in the last while is bull about puppets trying to hide the opportunism the vote contains. His original scumread on me was for "creating noise", whatever that's supposed to mean.

In short, none of his stances about me this game have made any sense, from his original weird scumread to trying to push me when I was an easy target and getting called out on it, to not responding to what I said but
still not changing his read,
, to continually voting for Peregrine until Axle votes me and then magically changing his vote. with. no. reasoning. whatsoever.

This thing is so goddamn scummy it could hang itself.
-Marquis
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:25 am

Post by davesaz »

I've seen a few people quoting this post.

In post 739, davesaz wrote:Scum will have knowledge of all neighborhoods they have a member in. Town does not have general neighborhood knowledge, unless we reveal the neighborhoods before any of us are eliminated. The only knowledge that scum* gain from reveals is any neighborhoods they don't have members in. It doesn't seem to help scum.

Things which reduce the gap between what scum know and what town know is good for town.

(*) Scum and other factions <if any>

You have to ask why the footnote? Really?

I don't enjoy being tunneled. Too many people in this game appear ready to tunnel folks because their posts do, or do not, seem to have setup knowledge. You know, the posts which say something about multiball. If I don't like something, I do things that I hope will avoid it.

For the record, since there is so much (IMO distracting and really unnecessary) discussion about the topic:
  • I define multiball,for the purpose of this discussion, as more than one non-town faction. I
    don't care
    if you agree. I don't care what the wiki says.
  • The odds favor more than one faction.
  • Some people could read the townie role PM, quoted in as implying that there are multiple factions.
  • The quoted post by me says that scum (and other factions) gain knowledge of the neighborhoods they don't belong to. Town gains knowledge of all neighborhoods. Therefore I think that town gains more from revealing than non-town.

When I post something which requires precise language, I use it. When caveats are needed, I post them.

End of PSA.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1214, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1211, TierShift wrote:You're quite fond of that history-based read, aren't you? While the historical proof only came after the fuss, am I right?

Actually, given the number of these games I played in, and the fact it's 21 players, I immediately thought it unlikely to have 2 scumteams (hence the Thor statement). Thor pretty much challenged that assertion, so I pulled the games.

So proof, yes, because it was requested. Opinion was part of the the .

A difference of opinion does not automatically make one of you scum and the other town.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:40 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1200, goodmorning wrote:Who would have thought my vanity vote would spark some actual looking into Thor?

Umm, I think vanity is right, if you think it has anything to do with people looking into Thor. Thor is the cause of people looking into Thor. You're almost a non-issue to this point.

I'm rereading today, should have decent reads on people by the end.

By the end of what? The game? And what do you mean by decent? Will you be providing anything other than gut / meta reads?

P-EDIT: I find daytalk a little unlikely given that the neighbourhoods seem to all be Night-only, unless nobody bothered to share that gem. I'd like to think that someone would have taken the Cabd-NY169 route and gone "yeah we're daytalking
masons
neighbours so scum probably have daytalk."

If there is daytalk, I'm sure not seeing any evidence of it. Though TBH I'm not sure what evidence would be.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1148, Aneninen wrote:I looked up to sky to see the dark grey cubes flying.
The dark grey cubes of double standards, of puppetshow authorities, of inverted telescopes.
Thought control punishes the one who still dares and drives into caves those who dare not.

Things like this:
"Town don't seek to discredit cases for the sake of trying to make another player look bad."
make me think things like these.

But, nowadays I need not care.

I should not care.

There are puppets who are able to dance with no one.

Time passes.
It's time to give you a bone so that you will search more meat on it.
This.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: T S O

I'd have more ideas. That has not been a bad idea. Even if I have better ideas too. I could post more. I could post in a sensible way. But no. Not yet. You would not believe me. Not yet. The puppets are made of Regardless-Of-Cards. The more they use them, the smaller they will be.

Hint.

The events make sense. Especially if it's a Multiball.

How do you define "talk to" vs. "talk at"?

As for this post, I can see that you threw something literary sounding around the vote so that the vote is not naked, but I'm not getting the drift of what the words say, if they say anything of substance.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by TierShift »

Ah, you're talking about this post, TSO. Let me break it down for you.
In post 418, Aneninen wrote:TSO. What I don't like is here:
304–306 – it's just a feeling but these seemed to be fake.
381 "I don't lurk as scum. Aneninen, Cho, Egg, Thor and Pere have all seen my scumgame when it's working decently. You can ask them."
383 "I really don't agree with anything Aneninen is saying right now." – soooo, if I posted I knew how you played as scum would you disagree with me? ^_^
400 – whattafukk was that bullshyt? A quote-wall which contains nothing from or about me and asking Thor about me? How does that make sense? (402 – what kind of explanation was that? "That quote string is me going through the thread convinced I was right - ignore it." – What did you examine?)

For starters, anen does NOT present a scumread here. He's pointing out individual stuff he doesn't like, not that makes him scumread you. Such as your over the top reaction to csareo getting replaced, or the fact that you mistakenly posted a quote wall.
The 381-383 thing is a stupid "contradiction".

It's more fluff than anything.
In post 1216, T S O wrote:Aneninen
calls me scum
for awful, shitty, obviously false reasons.

Does not
He didn't misunderstand shit - he was just plain lazy
wrong.

Well, the stuff he pointed out
was
annoying, technically.
I called him out, he didn't refute anything I said whatsoever, and
his posts got worse and worse from there.

This doesn't work. X 'sucks' or 'got worse' just doesn't work as a reason.
The post where he votes me in the last while is bull about puppets trying to hide the opportunism the vote contains.

I don't understand this
His original scumread on me was for "creating noise", whatever that's supposed to mean.

Well, you were clogging up the thread and picking a fight with csareo, so that's a valid point.

If he called you scum for those reasons, tehre is something wrong. But I don't think he did.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 250, Aneninen wrote:TSO knows how terrible Csareo is on Day1 and he also knows that he was town in that game. I simply don't understand why TSO's maintaining a long interaction with Csareo – he must have known that by getting involved in that would increase the "noise" in the thread. It's definitely anti-town and – in my opinion – scummy too.
There's something else which is merely an intuition. What if both of them are scum(s) and their Day1 is purely intentional?

Yeah.
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by TierShift »

I meant reasons in 418, the creating noise part was valid, as I explained.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by T S O »

You think me getting annoyed at Csareo was ...scummy?
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”