AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:30 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 922, Aneninen wrote:Where do you think I omitted full arguments? (Everywhere is not an answer. Whenever I post walls players call my gameplay bad and they don't read my posts at all.)

I did even though I wasn't playing in the game where you made them but just reading along.

In post 924, Aneninen wrote:Walls with zillions of post-links haven't been popular either.

Is being popular important to you? Why?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:37 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

EBWOP:
In post 925, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 922, Aneninen wrote:Where do you think I omitted full arguments? (Everywhere is not an answer. Whenever I post walls players call my gameplay bad and they don't read my posts at all.)

I did even though I wasn't playing in the game where you made them but just reading along.
Thus in replying to this feel free to write any length of post or number of quotes as comes
natural
to you. I WILL read it.
Spoiler: stuff
Is a way to fold up any big pile of stuff you write, that youd like me to read but know/suspect others wont be bothered with.

In post 924, Aneninen wrote:Walls with zillions of post-links haven't been popular either.

Is being popular important to you? Why?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I can't speak of any games with Anen, no (to all who asked).

On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear. I don't expect anyone to believe/follow me and I'm fine with that (to all others who asked).

I continue my reaction test. I begin to despair of it working.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

If it's a reaction on me - I was planning to ignore you other than to occasionally point out how your vote is useless and that you don't appear to be scumhunting in any functional way at all.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by davesaz »

@Boonskiies: your Cho read is getting stale. What do you think now? Have you even considered questioning anyone or doing other scum hunting?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Aegor »

TobyLoby and Goofyd00d have been prodded.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I haven't really gotten many reads. I keep falling behind and meaning to catch up, but I've been constantly missing a few pages. I'll have some time this week to go over things, and will come to eventually be a player in the game.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I kind of feel I already said Boonskies was a fine lynch.
If I haven't, I'll say it now.
Considering the state of the Pere wagon though I'll simply note a bullet to his face would not leave me sad.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Are you suggesting that I'm policy lynch that you think I'm a fine lynch? I wasn't (still not completely) caught up with the thread so my posts couldn't have had actual content. There is absolutely no reason to lynch me other than a policy lynch at this point, so I'd like you to expand on your thought of why you feel I'd be a fine lynch please.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 924, Aneninen wrote:Walls with zillions of post-links haven't been popular either. And I hate long-long-long quote-walls. Besides, there are players here who haven't been doing anything useful and you call a readlist which was a result of ISO-ing everyone? Hmmm...
I'm telling for the last time: ask a question (eg. why do you have a xxx-read on yyy?) and I'll answer. If not, I'll finish this conversation because we're getting nowhere.

My advice would be to just make a wall of quotes and then put them in spoiler tags. You can PM me if you need help with it.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 927, goodmorning wrote:On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear.

Is that the best you can come up with?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

FWIW, going through reviews of various players. I reviewed some posts of Muffin. I would call this town with some pretty good confidence.

Spoiler: muffin
stupid tablet ate the reference but Muffin said wrote:i mean it's pretty obvious that if scripten meant "trying to look town by doing lazy scumhunting" rather than "he's bussing me and we're scumbros" then everything is copacetic

i disagree with that description of Iz's post; but that doesn't mean i need to scumread scripten for it. the "leading" cho wagon wasn't much of a wagon at all so attacking someone for being like the 4th person onto a wagon in a 21p large is pretty meh.

the problem with the meta on this site is that a lot of people are too fucking rigid, god damn open your minds, not all scum or town play will fit into your pre-existing mental schema

In post 582, Muffin wrote:scripten's a big boy, he doesn't need me to defend him despite your burning desire to argue with me about scripten's motives

ask him yourself, perv

In post 630, Muffin wrote:Reminder that throughout this entire exchange where PereV is calling Thor scum, Pere has had his vote parked on a go-nowhere wagon.

What's the matter Per? Scared to vote Thor?

In post 919, Muffin wrote:
In post 893, goodmorning wrote:trading vanity for vanity

Vote: Thor

maybe i'm crazy

In post 896, goodmorning wrote:like, i'm not exactly convinced pere's not scum but i find you quite a lot more so

Hi

I would like you to explain this vote. "Gut" or "I don't know" is not a sufficient explanation for a 35+ page read.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 933, Boonskiies wrote:Are you suggesting that I'm policy lynch that you think I'm a fine lynch? I wasn't (still not completely) caught up with the thread so my posts couldn't have had actual content. There is absolutely no reason to lynch me other than a policy lynch at this point, so I'd like you to expand on your thought of why you feel I'd be a fine lynch please.

I find people consider policy lynch such a dirty little word...yet many of these same people defend themselves as unlynchable because they're not really providing content.

Hint - that makes it scummy. You're playing in a way to make yourself hard to lynch while also not providing help to town. That is scum play.
If it helps you disprove and dismiss my case you can call it 'policy'.
It is my policy to lynch scum.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Aneninen »

@Axel (and Muffin too): whenever I posted long walls I experienced that many players hadn't read them at all, regardless of using spoiler tags or not. That's what I meant by "unpopular".
Also, posting that comes "natural" lead to a terrible gameplay in my very first game here. Even if I technically solved the game by Day3, we lost because I had so little town credit that noone believed me that I was telling the truth. Post-game I checked the dead-topic so as to find that even the townies wanted to see the remaining scum win because "he's an ace in this game" – while there were about 2 posts about me like "lol, check out that, Aneninen's solving the game in the end". By the way, Thor can remember that game quite well, despite of my annoying "natural" gameplay I managed to drive a wagon against him to achieve a Day1 mislynch. La wow!

Also, Axel, why do you think Scripten is scum? I've read that thread thoroughly and I can see nothing there, apart from the fact that Izariael's case had been very weak when he started voting for Scripten.

@Goodmorning. What exactly do you want to "reach" with that vote? If you don't provide a case against Thor, I doubt anyone might follow your vote. I also doubt that Thor will be "scared" of your vote.

@Boonskiies.
"I haven't really gotten many reads.
– how is it possible? There are almost a thousand posts here, there are 21 players in the game. You
must
have reads on at least 6–7 players.
"Are you suggesting that I'm policy lynch that you think I'm a fine lynch?"
– Who told that you'd bee a policy lynch?! At least two players have scumread you so far, and to tell the truth, I don't like your recent two posts either.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Can you read please, Anenien? I've only read maybe 12 pages max, and periodically throughout the thread. I'm going to read the thread throughout on Tuesday, so until then I'll be posting as a lurker.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm not sure it holds water that you can reply when your name comes up at the end of the thread and then say you're still reading the history. There are other strategies besides slogging through it post by post. You could try ISOing and then peeking at the context around interesting posts. Heck, you should be able to get some reads off the posts you're replying to.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 938, Aneninen wrote:@Axel (and Muffin too): whenever I posted long walls I experienced that many players hadn't read them at all, regardless of using spoiler tags or not. That's what I meant by "unpopular".
Also, posting that comes "natural" lead to a terrible gameplay in my very first game here. Even if I technically solved the game by Day3, we lost because I had so little town credit that noone believed me that I was telling the truth. Post-game I checked the dead-topic so as to find that even the townies wanted to see the remaining scum win because "he's an ace in this game" – while there were about 2 posts about me like "lol, check out that, Aneninen's solving the game in the end". By the way, Thor can remember that game quite well, despite of my annoying "natural" gameplay I managed to drive a wagon against him to achieve a Day1 mislynch. La wow!

That sounds like the 'towny' reason i expected.

Also, Axel, why do you think Scripten is scum? I've read that thread thoroughly and I can see nothing there, apart from the fact that Izariael's case had been very weak when he started voting for Scripten.

Referring back to my original post and vote

Scripten said: "Everything about Izar's vote was based on pedantic "You use words that I'm going to construe as scummy because I said they are" logic and hyperbole."
That is not how I understood Izariels vote.
That the post by Scripten said some words is not my problem with it. Its that it didn't say for example Scripten: "Nero Cain looks a little suspicious. ", yeah but which posts looked suspicious and why? If he is town and says why, other people can comment, or notice hes town and thinking. Their comments may clarify his own read and reinforce or change it. Saying more as town has upsides. Posting just the bald reads is doing exactly what he accused Izarial of which is posting and voting just to be seen doing so.

Scripten: "Also, Cho was tied with TSO at three votes. I think I can deal with the guilt of putting someone at L-8 or so."
Thats not the problem with just voting the lead wagon. The lead wagon needs more votes and pressure if what it has is insufficient to start getting better reads.
The lead wagon needs more votes, if your up yep I am sure thats the guy I want lynched today. Reasonless me too votes worry me. They are low risk in every way possible.
For person that is having trouble getting reads I dont see a whole lot of trying and intent to get more.

Just dont like the feel (ooh i said the word too, but...), it feels like he has rolled scum and is just coasting because hey he knows other peoples alignments so hes one up on everyone else.

One other reason I am not spending more time on it, is the cross vote PereV and Scripten, and Thors wagon on PereV, which I don't quite get, but Thor is Thor. So that needs thinking about too.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 863, Aneninen wrote:
Garmr
– Hard question. He's been after the wrong players all the time (not only because of his vote for me, I mean Toby and Boonskiies too) and I don't know whether it comes from a town or a scum mindset. Unsorted.

Everyone can be sorted into three mind sets town,third party and scum. I operate from a scum mindset (In any game) and that changes the way I hunt for scum. Basically my filters different but it has worked in past games. Because of that I enjoy scum games more and if you look into my past scum games you can see the effort and time I put into each masterpiece. I'm currently trying to improve my town game since I feel like I mastered scum and tbh to me it looks like you have town mindset playing a scum game. People with town mindsets tend to have difficulty hiding flaws as scum.

anyway

some reads I haven't really talked about.

Scripten
- I don't know what think of this guy his post are dull and i'm curious about his defenation of town cred is and why anyone who is voting him would get it. and tbh his vote on pere looks like a little bit of a off.
null-scum

EGG- Egg is a weird read I like some of his posts(452 for example) even through I don't agree with his conclusions (his veiw on pere). But him being wrong doesn't make him scum -I feel comfortable placing him as town.

davesaz- tbh he has a lot of wording in his post and I don't like some of conclusions. In my eyes he hasn't really impacted the game so null.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Post by Garmr »

I was supposed to do my reads in different colours what happened forum:(
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:23 am

Post by Egg »

Prod dodge. Can't keep up while I'm working doubles. Give it a couple of days.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:51 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 928, Thor665 wrote:If it's a reaction on me - I was planning to ignore you other than to occasionally point out how your vote is useless and that you don't appear to be scumhunting in any functional way at all.

GOLLY GEE MISTER

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FIGURED ME OUT

I don't have any real need to question anyone at the moment. Reads are forming based on reading, it's all quite fun.

In post 935, Muffin wrote:
In post 927, goodmorning wrote:On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear.

Is that the best you can come up with?

Were you expecting Thor to fuck up bad? Because I'm not. You may have noticed he's good at this game. He's not going to make any pushes he doesn't think he can justify, he's not going to overstretch his hand, and with this being a Large there's plenty of room to hide in.

I figure if I keep on about it then by the time we hit D9 he'll get lynched. Of course, if he gets NK'd then great, I can move on.

In post 936, davesaz wrote:FWIW, going through reviews of various players. I reviewed some posts of Muffin. I would call this town with some pretty good confidence.

...really?

That's incredibly weak. Muffin has been asking easy questions and flying low, and you want to call that Town?

In post 938, Aneninen wrote:@Goodmorning. What exactly do you want to "reach" with that vote? If you don't provide a case against Thor, I doubt anyone might follow your vote. I also doubt that Thor will be "scared" of your vote.

I don't know what you mean with the first question. To the latter stuff:
In post 927, goodmorning wrote:On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear. I don't expect anyone to believe/follow me and I'm fine with that (to all others who asked).

If I was trying to scare Thor, I would have wasted a couple days constructing a massive case full of bullshit and yelled it at people until they believed me. It turns out that if you repeat yourself often enough, no matter how many times you get discredited, SOME PEOPLE WILL STILL BELIEVE YOU.
I find that incredible, but it's true. It's happened to me enough times.

I find that Garmr has affirmed himself out of the uncomfortable list.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 938, Aneninen wrote:By the way, Thor can remember that game quite well, despite of my annoying "natural" gameplay I managed to drive a wagon against him to achieve a Day1 mislynch. La wow!

I actually don't remember it at all - but if I got lynched Day 1 then I suspect I made many comments about how bad and newb town was and probably wasn't overawed by you spotting scum after such a terrible play which they were probably salivating for.

I agree with Goodmorning about the Muffin read being weak, but find Dave better for it.

She also just finished admitting how bad her plan was because to do it she's checking out for an estimated nine days. So, y'know, lack of scumhunting and useless vote ahoy :lol:
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:38 am

Post by goodmorning »

I'm not stopping scumhunting, as I said to you. I just find that my vanity wagon on you is the best place for my vote for the foreseeable future.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Aneninen »

@Axel, as for your case against Scripten. (1) I still don't see the strong "case" of Izariael against him. (2) Posting suspicions without reasoning is a thing I don't like either and may come from a scum mind. Unfortunately, I've seen townies doing the same a lot of times. (3) That
"I think I can deal with the guilt of putting someone at L-8 or so."
is indeed a bit WTF. (I mean, it makes no sense.) (4)
"he knows other peoples alignments"
– only if it's not a Mulitball. (Oooh, I've just used that word, what's gonna happen now! ^_^)

@Garmr. In theory, everyone can be sorted. In pratice, it's not always that easy for me. In your case, you seem to have a town mindset. However, a town mindset can be mimed by a scum too. Since I don't really get your votes and reads, I'm not sure whether you're town reading the game in an entirely different way or a scum, imitating a town mindset. Your latest post suggests the first possibility, on the other hand.

@Goodmorning. What if Thor's right? Remember, during my catchup I found PeregrineV scummy too, even if I can't prove it because Thor's vote came earlier.

@Thor. So, you don't remember. Well, you won't miss that memory. Ever. ^_^
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:45 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 945, goodmorning wrote:Were you expecting Thor to fuck up bad?

I was expecting something better than "tone" which is basically just a gut read. If you can't come up with more than a "tone" read ( :roll: ) from 35 pages, then maybe there's a better place for your vote, hey?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”