AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 590, Thor665 wrote:
In post 126, Goofyd00d wrote:Considering 4 is the meta for almost garunteed, I would say 5 people in a hood contains a scum, and maybe even multi factions.

Here's another mention of multiball that didn't bother Pere.

That is on one level a factually true statement, You make lots of those habitually. ta.
(but I suppose its possible it may have bothered him but not been publicly examined yet for some reason. but never mind.)

It didn't 'bother' me much either.

I find this comment of yours to be quite different in nature to the other one.
In post 261, Thor665 wrote:Well...first off multiball is a pretty safe assumption, and second off being wishy-washy is actually pretty solid scum play.

@Thor

Do you actually think they are so very similar (tone, context, intent, and what not) and thus that anyone reading you saying one of them ought, form the same conclusion as when they read Goofy said the other?

I am rather curious because I don't think you think that. I even think you wouldn't actually claim to think that as town or scum or 3rd party.

My conclusion either you are 4th party, or I misunderstand something. I know which is more likely.

I am rather interested in the answer that you choose to give me to this question.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 692, Goofyd00d wrote:I was trying to point out that a 5 neighborhood is suspicious
in a time of the game where people were trying to deny that the neighborhood even had one mafia any
. I wasn't implying this game had to be multiball

(I'm catching up and still at post 601, sorry if this is no longer relevant.)

Correct me if there was a different post you were referencing, but the closest I see to this is goodmorning's post:
In post 61, goodmorning wrote:I was ignoring the Neighbourhood claim because it's not particularly beneficial to out it atm.

Yes, I'm in a Neighbourhood with 3 others and Cho. No, I don't think we can say there's absolutely Scum in the Neighbourhood, though it is likely.

Neighbour claim is indeed completely irrelevant to what's been posted thus far.

in which
she doesn't deny the possibility of mafia in a neighbourhood
but does not want to scumhunt on the assumption that there is, which I find to be a far townier perspective that what you are saying she said. It's borderline misrep.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 699, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of scum being in the hoods?

Do you think that if there's more than two hoods they should claim so town atleast knows the number of hoods?

At this point, it's become clear that there are multiple neighborhoods. If the wording of the opening neighborhood post is the same for everyone in such a hood, then I think we may have 4 neighborhoods in total (possibly with 1/4 players each?), each neighborhood being a different "corner" of the room. Is there anyone who isn't part of a neighborhood that could shed some light on this? (Yes I am in one myself)

Regardless, I think it might behoove us to go ahead and lay out the neighborhoods on the table since their existence is already known. Does anyone object to doing this?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Post by Izariael »

:up: That post was me saying "yes" to Nero's question and then basically rephrasing his suggestion because I think the neighborhoods should claim regardless of how many there are, be it one, two, three or more.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Izariael »

Hmm, looks like Muffin also suggested it in . I don't think I saw this previously :o This post gets a thumbs up from me.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 547, PeregrineV wrote:
Izariael
- Check out
her
posting in the linked Newbie game.

Completely off-topic, but I shed a tear of joy when you finally spelled my name correctly and a tear of sadness when you got my pronoun incorrect. It's a whirlwind roller coaster of emotions right now. :giggle: :D :( :facepalm: :oops: :igmeou: :cool:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:53 am

Post by davesaz »

I don't have any previous backgrounds with neighborhoods to say whether it's good to completely out them or bad. I read the wiki article which gives odds of scum in a hood depending on hood size, and assumed that the article is based on totally random hood assignment. My approach to it will most likely be to just ignore them and hunt scum the same way I would normally. The night talking thing is interesting, though the sites I played on before tended to allow private communication unless the game rules said otherwise, not like this site which prohibits unless allowed.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 665, Izariael wrote:
In post 660, PeregrineV wrote:You saw the reactions to the Scripten vote. What do you think of them (the reactions)?

I have to jolt over to work, but there were a couple of other players that I'd townread for their reactions, I just need time to find the posts in question. I'll get to this later.

So I did initially like AxleGreaser's as it brought up a question that I had not thought of or addressed in my response to the post (). However during some re-reading tonight I noticed that it did bear a resemblance to your [PeregrineV's] comment from earlier:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:17. Scripten- early scumvibes. Some wording makes me wonder.392- A vote on him for "town cred" can only be town cred if Scripten is scum. Stuff like that keeps me from calling you town.
Whether it is coincidence that he chose to address a similar concern or if it was hiding a scummy vote is something I have yet to decide. For now I'm giving it a townread.

I did like Egg's reaction to the votes, as well as the post in general. () His Aneninen segment struck me as a bit odd in tone/motive, but overall it felt like a town thought process.

I thought I had another reaction I specifically wanted to comment on, but I can't find a post that is reminding me of who it was... so I'll just leave it at these two additions for now. Maybe my memory will get jogged later :facepalm:
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 702, Izariael wrote:Does anyone object to doing this?

Given they've already been exposed, I definitely agree that the pro town move is to lat out who is in which neighborhood.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 698, Nero Cain wrote:no

In post 695, Thor665 wrote:When did you claim to be in a neighborhood?

This just seems really silly though. Like what was your point?

I asked it because the way you phrased it didn't come across as a claim, but rather a comment on a previous claim.

Why did you wait to claim to be in a neighborhood till this moment?

In post 699, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of scum being in the hoods?

Do you think that if there's more than two hoods they should claim so town atleast knows the number of hoods?

That it is likely.

Yes, i do think this.

I have said both of these things before and was even debating it with Goodmorning - why didn't you hop in on that?

In post 700, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 590, Thor665 wrote:
In post 126, Goofyd00d wrote:Considering 4 is the meta for almost garunteed, I would say 5 people in a hood contains a scum, and maybe even multi factions.

Here's another mention of multiball that didn't bother Pere.

That is on one level a factually true statement, You make lots of those habitually. ta.
(but I suppose its possible it may have bothered him but not been publicly examined yet for some reason. but never mind.)

It didn't 'bother' me much either.

I find this comment of yours to be quite different in nature to the other one.

In post 261, Thor665 wrote:Well...first off multiball is a pretty safe assumption, and second off being wishy-washy is actually pretty solid scum play.

Why?

In post 700, AxleGreaser wrote:Do you actually think they are so very similar (tone, context, intent, and what not) and thus that anyone reading you saying one of them ought, form the same conclusion as when they read Goofy said the other?

Pere claims to find both of them scummy, so I suppose the answer is 'yes'.
I'm actually bewildered he finds either of them scummy, but he claims he does and is being strange about explaining them.
You seem to have missed all of this discussion though, and are asking me something meaningless.
It doesn't matter if I think he should or shouldn't - what matters is he claimed he did. Would you like to discuss that?

In post 700, AxleGreaser wrote:I am rather curious because I don't think you think that. I even think you wouldn't actually claim to think that as town or scum or 3rd party.

Pere *has* claimed this...so what do you think that makes him?

In post 700, AxleGreaser wrote:My conclusion either you are 4th party, or I misunderstand something. I know which is more likely.

:neutral:
What is a 4th party?

In post 700, AxleGreaser wrote:I am rather interested in the answer that you choose to give me to this question.

I am interested in your response now as well..
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 666, Scripten wrote:
In post 658, Izariael wrote:
In post 612, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 606, Scripten wrote:It's actually hilarious how badly both you and PereV are missing what Thor has been saying. I'm just pointing out how obvious it should be to everyone else. All of these attempts to outguess the mod/setup are really just moot points.

What has Thor been saying? In your own words.

I'd also like this clarified, since it seemed directed at me but I don't actually understand what Thor comment it's referring to. Thor's address of Peregrine and I are two separate topics, so clumping them in together to say "[we're both] missing what Thor has been saying" seems like an attempt to buddy up with Thor.
My point was that the discussion was centering on an argument over whether or not this game was multiball on one side, while the other side was examining the motivations behind the discussion. PeregrineV was accusing Thor of being scum for bringing up multiball, but Thor was not claiming that PeregrineV was scummy because he disagreed. There was this cognitive dissonance between what Thor was saying and what everyone else involved seemed to be hearing. He's since explained this better than I can. (After all, I'm not in his head.)

I'm still not quite sure why your statement in 606 was directed at me then... I don't recall being involved in their multiball discussion, but have been observing that discussion from the sidelines. How did I fit in with all of this?

In post 606, Scripten wrote:
In post 595, Izariael wrote:
In post 565, Scripten wrote:
In post 559, Thor665 wrote:@Everyone - Pere claimed scum. I caught him. You may sheep me now.

Heh. I like this. Not yet ready to sheep Thor, but this is a good post.

And this is a terrible post. :neutral: If I say "@Everyone - Scripten claimed scum. I caught him. You may sheep me now." will you think this is a good post too?

If
you actually had anything and
I didn't have a sexy green role PM
, maybe.

Given that this is completely non-confirmable outside of your dying role-flip, how do you expect anyone to hold this as a townread for you?

@PeregrineV:
I'm actually very curious to know your stance on this. :up: Do you think his bolded statement is something that should reassure us of his towniness?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:21 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 701, Izariael wrote:
In post 692, Goofyd00d wrote:I was trying to point out that a 5 neighborhood is suspicious
in a time of the game where people were trying to deny that the neighborhood even had one mafia any
. I wasn't implying this game had to be multiball

(I'm catching up and still at post 601, sorry if this is no longer relevant.)

Correct me if there was a different post you were referencing, but the closest I see to this is goodmorning's post:
In post 61, goodmorning wrote:I was ignoring the Neighbourhood claim because it's not particularly beneficial to out it atm.

Yes, I'm in a Neighbourhood with 3 others and Cho. No, I don't think we can say there's absolutely Scum in the Neighbourhood, though it is likely.

Neighbour claim is indeed completely irrelevant to what's been posted thus far.

in which
she doesn't deny the possibility of mafia in a neighbourhood
but does not want to scumhunt on the assumption that there is, which I find to be a far townier perspective that what you are saying she said. It's borderline misrep.

This was basically the post I was going to make, so instead of making that post I'm quoting this.

I think perhaps the number of Neighbourhoods would be useful to know, but then I think if it turns out everyone's in a neighbourhood then they could easily have been generated randomly, which would tell us nothing.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 708, Muffin wrote:
In post 702, Izariael wrote:Does anyone object to doing this?

Given they've already been exposed, I definitely agree that the pro town move is to lat out who is in which neighborhood.

Muffin you silly beaannnn, you already suggested this. ... let the other kids come up to the counter.
At this point in time I don't think it's alignment-indicative any more
so I don't know why I bothered to ask really. There's really no town motivation to hide the neighborhoods any more, and scum would be silly to try to stop it from happening. Revealing them is more just a formality than anything now.

The way I see it, scum will be talking amongst themselves on night 1 (if they didn't already do so on night 0) and revealing to one another who is in their neighborhoods, if applicable. Town may as well be on the same page now by opening up before we've lost any numbers. The more people we lose the easier it would become for scum to fabricate details.

My neighborhood consists of Aneninen, Boonskiies, Cho, goodmorning and me.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:38 am

Post by TierShift »

Spoiler: I don't like this post
In post 368, Izariael wrote:
In post 356, GrayFoxxxx wrote:I'm seeing TSO as town. I have been in some pissing matches (looking at you Thor), but TSO took it to another level. I know effort doesn't indicate alignment but TSOs effort and willingness to respond to everything indicates null town at the least.
The content of his effort doesn't
feel
scummy.
I think he should try not to tunnel so much because it gives scum some leverage when pushing a wagon.

Cho or tier could be scum but Chos posts are horrible. I think he jumped on an easy wagon and he has been ambiguous about it.
Sheeping isn't towny at all this early.
youre hiding behind someone else's actions with out even having a real read on the person you are sheeping.
Has a slight buddying feel to it as well.

This is after a quick read and a phone post. I would liketo touch on the Nero/Toby duel after I reread.
My strongest town read is good morning
. Not any easy reads either way.

-shitty phone post

I find myself agreeing with most of this post upon catching up on the thread. Even beyond this post, I'm willing to give the slot a town pass for now. Csareo seemed like he dove off the deep end but forgot his little floaters...

-------------------------------------------------

On my first read-through, goodmorning was top townread, but now that I've gone back I'm kind of second-guessing that read. Didn't care much for 239 in particular, her defense of T S O seems a bit excessive, and then it gets followed up by this:
In post 349, goodmorning wrote:So I've found myself defending TSO. That's pretty strong for me. This is where I figure out whether it's because of circumstance or is an actual townread.

In post 365, goodmorning wrote:I seem to have concluded that TSO is Town.

I'm putting her as town for now, but this did smell a little funky. Smells like goddamn "eau de oiseau" or something...

I'm hesitant to lean town on T S O. I'm not sure that his interaction with Csareo is alignment-indicative, but it seems genuine. Probably gonna hold back on a read for now until something piques my interest from him.

Top scumread would be Scripten. I'm irked by everything in his ISO. Non-committal, flimsy reads and a lackadaisical vote on top wagon are raising my hackles.

VOTE: Scripten

In post 376, Thor665 wrote:
Well, your presented case on him is pretty paper thin as stands, so it's not like you're even seeing anything.
My read on him is more one of gut and 'I agree with that' but I like how he singled out Tier as looking town and didn't mention GM - which is where I'm at and feels a logical town place to be rather than a scum looking to toss out some easy town reads.

I like you, thor. You're probably town. I like the non-read on gm that I am feelng myself.

In post 388, Thor665 wrote:[@pere:]
Your post here is shockingly empty.

Agreed.
In post 391, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 46, TierShift wrote:Disclaimer: this is my first large game and I have no idea how to approach it.

In post 75, TierShift wrote:
VOTE: TierShift
Deal with it.

This would be the scum approach to dealing with a previously unknown environment.

If this is a serious post, please elaborate.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:40 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 710, Izariael wrote:
I'm still not quite sure why your statement in 606 was directed at me then... I don't recall being involved in their multiball discussion, but have been observing that discussion from the sidelines. How did I fit in with all of this?

Misunderstanding why I liked that post of Thor's is directly related to misunderstanding the nature of that post. That is, you looked at it only in the most superficial fashion. He was (as I interpreted it) indicating that PeregrineV's motivations were in question more than his stance on whether or not the game is multiball.

In post 710, Izariael wrote:
Given that this is completely non-confirmable outside of your dying role-flip, how do you expect anyone
[else]
to hold this as a townread for you?

I don't. You specifically asked me a question and I replied from my specific PoV. Do you see where the context of Thor's case on PeregrineV differs from yours?

My neighborhood is davesaz, Nero Cain, and TSO. I believe this may have already come out, but I'd like it in my ISO for people to see.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 am

Post by goodmorning »

ey

ey tier

you wanna stop kissing ass for five seconds and read thor again?
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 am

Post by T S O »

I hope you weren't expecting to get towncred or something from that.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 714, Scripten wrote:My neighborhood is davesaz, Nero Cain, and TSO. I believe this may have already come out, but I'd like it in my ISO for people to see.

Given that it is no longer alignment-indicative to be revealing ho is in your neighborhood, why is it important to you that this is in your ISO?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 am

Post by TierShift »

Yo yo gm soon I'm only on like page 18
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 717, Izariael wrote:
In post 714, Scripten wrote:My neighborhood is davesaz, Nero Cain, and TSO. I believe this may have already come out, but I'd like it in my ISO for people to see.

Given that it is
was never
alignment-indicative to be revealing
who
is in your neighborhood, why is it important to you that this is in your ISO?

EBWOP.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Scripten »

Given that it is no longer alignment-indicative to be revealing ho is in your neighborhood, why is it important to you that this is in your ISO?

Because an easily-compiled list of neighborhood composition is pro-town.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 713, TierShift wrote:
Spoiler: I don't like this post
In post 368, Izariael wrote:
In post 356, GrayFoxxxx wrote:I'm seeing TSO as town. I have been in some pissing matches (looking at you Thor), but TSO took it to another level. I know effort doesn't indicate alignment but TSOs effort and willingness to respond to everything indicates null town at the least.
The content of his effort doesn't
feel
scummy.
I think he should try not to tunnel so much because it gives scum some leverage when pushing a wagon.

Cho or tier could be scum but Chos posts are horrible. I think he jumped on an easy wagon and he has been ambiguous about it.
Sheeping isn't towny at all this early.
youre hiding behind someone else's actions with out even having a real read on the person you are sheeping.
Has a slight buddying feel to it as well.

This is after a quick read and a phone post. I would liketo touch on the Nero/Toby duel after I reread.
My strongest town read is good morning
. Not any easy reads either way.

-shitty phone post

I find myself agreeing with most of this post upon catching up on the thread. Even beyond this post, I'm willing to give the slot a town pass for now. Csareo seemed like he dove off the deep end but forgot his little floaters...

On my first read-through, goodmorning was top townread, but now that I've gone back I'm kind of second-guessing that read. Didn't care much for 239 in particular, her defense of T S O seems a bit excessive, and then it gets followed up by this:
In post 349, goodmorning wrote:So I've found myself defending TSO. That's pretty strong for me. This is where I figure out whether it's because of circumstance or is an actual townread.

In post 365, goodmorning wrote:I seem to have concluded that TSO is Town.

I'm putting her as town for now, but this did smell a little funky. Smells like goddamn "eau de oiseau" or something...

I'm hesitant to lean town on T S O. I'm not sure that his interaction with Csareo is alignment-indicative, but it seems genuine. Probably gonna hold back on a read for now until something piques my interest from him.

Top scumread would be Scripten. I'm irked by everything in his ISO. Non-committal, flimsy reads and a lackadaisical vote on top wagon are raising my hackles.

VOTE: Scripten

Would you care to be specific about what you don't like? This is an incredibly vague criticism that leaves a lot to the imagination.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 715, goodmorning wrote:ey

ey tier

you wanna stop kissing Smurf for five seconds and read thor again?

After he does I look forward to hearing what he should have seen.

A neighborhood just got claimed, how are you feeling about that?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 720, Scripten wrote:

But the time for being up-front and pro-active about neighborhood composition is long past. Throwing it out there now is a formality more than anything, since everyone is aware that multiple neighborhoods are in play. It might be pro-town, but I would expect scum to follow suit as well because it would be blatantly scummy not to.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:52 am

Post by T S O »

In post 720, Scripten wrote:

What's pro-town about it again?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”