Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 424, Aneninen wrote:@Gammrnmhrm
"Well if the only thing that strikes me are scum points thenwhy should I think his town?"
– You don't have to. But, frankly is he your strongest scumread now?
"You just made my point even stronger. Dodging subjects is town how?"
– No, I don't like that either. I just don't understand why you mentioned the Csareo-subject. You could have talked about anything else too.

1.Yes he is
2.Because I was asked about my thoughts at the time or at least I took it that way and that was the most relevant subject at the time. The cho subject was still ongoing (still kinda is) and not at it's peak.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 am

Post by T S O »

What would you grade your reading ability, out of 10? Right now it's a 3 and going down constantly.

#381 - Aneninen, and others, know I do not lurk as scum - they'll back me up if asked.
#383 - I don't agree with anything Aneninen is saying right now.

Those statements do make sense together! Wowzers!

I presumed #402 was self-explanatory, but apparently not. I'll break it down.

Thor and I had an argument.
I found quotes from other games.
He said they were irrelevant.
I thought that he was moving the goalposts/misrepping me, so I went back to look, quoting points I felt relevant.
Halfway through this exercise, I realised that Thor seemed to be right.
I posted the quotes by accident in my next post.

What part of this very basic sequence do you have a problem with? More to the point, how exactly would this lead to me being scum in any possible scenario?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Muffin »

The pigeon thing is getting really old, really fast.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 427, Muffin wrote:The pigeon thing is getting really old, really fast.

I dunno, it makes me chuckle a little.

Also, PeregrineV is mighty scummy, but he feels like almost too easy a lynch. Does the normal setup allow for vengeful scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 427, Muffin wrote:The pigeon thing is getting really old, really fast.

You should have tried living through it's creation - I think I was over it by the third reference. When it showed up this game... :cry:
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Aneninen »

@Grmmrnmhrm: Okay. I understand you. Even if I disagree with you.

@TSO: I know that I'm a genius but was very far from a self-explanatory post. It's not self-explanatory either that you was asking Thor about me. My previous post had been and there were a lots of things in this thread afterwards, before your .
As for reading, you must remember that I FoS-ed you earlier too, when you were interacting with Csareo.

@Muffin. Here is something for you then. (Even if Thor will vote for me as soon as he sees it.)

TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

@Aneninen

In post 418, Aneninen wrote:Toby, 407 – also, why are you townreading TSO?
"Anen coming into the thread after RVS and posting Csareo meta while not commentating on his personal feelings of Csareo's play is more weird than backing off. It's excusing Csareo's behavior using meta without commenting on what is going on here. Also, when I see town meta used as reasoning to maybe excuse someone's play, I feel like I should be reading it as townie and not to read as null."
Maybe I failed to express myself before. Csareo's gameplay in that game was &#@%!NoobScum and he was town. I simply don't think that he could perform (or now: could have performed) a better gameplay as scum. That'swhy he was null. Do you understand it now?

I haven't been town reading TSO. I don't see the scum intent in his actions though.

I can understand your own reasoning of why and how you read Csareo's gameplay as a null. You have been consistent with that. What I think is weird was you laying that meta down without discussing Csareo's game play here and how it relates to that game. It's not actively engaging or commenting on the specifics on what was going on, while excusing his play using an outside resource. At the time, you also didn't explain why null over town. When I see town meta being brought up and relating it between games, I personally feel like I am expected to read it as town.

You show me Csareo town meta in Mini 1601 and relate it to his play here. Why should I think it indicates his play here is null and not town?

Why Pere over TSO?
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

In post 418, Aneninen wrote:381 "I don't lurk as scum. Aneninen, Cho, Egg, Thor and Pere have all seen my scumgame when it's working decently. You can ask them."
383 "I really don't agree with anything Aneninen is saying right now." – soooo, if I posted I knew how you played as scum would you disagree with me? ^_^

I took it as him saying he doesn't agree with what you have said, not necessarily disagreeing with everything you may end up saying. What is your interpretation of it?

In post 426, T S O wrote:What part of this very basic sequence do you have a problem with?
More to the point, how exactly would this lead to me being scum in any possible scenario?

I didn't see him saying the last part. Did he say this?
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

I have time for a few ISO's

Cho: 22 posts and she hasn't said anything of content. Seriously, ISO her, you can argue ISO #2 has some content, but absolutely nothing after that has been anything but question evasion and no reasoning behind her latest read on TSO. I'll ignore her latest vote at her request.

PV: his catchup post #385 is full of fluffy garbage, there is very little here of any value to the game. Now that I've read the rest of his posts, none of his recap votes have meant anything.

TL: Toby is the closest thing we have to a leader so far. Posting often and steering the day in a way that is generating answers. I hope for more reads from her than just questions in the future though.

Nero: It took about half of his ISO to get some content, but even then it was light, so much so that I can't pull much but a null from him.

GM: Morning is being very nitpicky, but in a good way. Not letting odd things slip by, and reasoning his picks with simple truth. It makes me feel that he has nothing to hide. Out of this craziness, he's the most clear town read in my opinion.

In post 298, davesaz wrote:
In post 295, Goofyd00d wrote:About flying under the radar, I tend to do that when there is a lot of action. I'll soak it up and give some reads later. If you want something specific just ask, however that usually leads to me getting a lot of questions. I'll give some thoughts after work.

How do you feel on giving truthful reads with shaky foundation, vs. just waiting to say anything at all?

Truthful reads are great, it's the easiest way to show people you are town, shaky foundation or not. I was waiting because unless I am able to find the time to dig through thoroughly, my brain goes mushy after reading a ton of posts.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

EBWOP "recap votes"="recap posts"
Also sorry GM I checked everyone's pronouns but yours, many apologies.
That's what I get for forgetting to preview.

VOTE: Cho

I feel like this is the best place to park, maybe it will lead her to actually give content.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Could you vote Pere instead? You seemed to paint him with the same brush, and at least I know he's better than that. From what some people have said 'useless as Matthew McConaughey's shirts' is somewhat par for the course for Cho.
Request him to a Vig pool and vote Pere?
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Cho »

Hey!

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Cho »

I think I'm fairly town for outing the neighborhood. Scum wouldn't do that.

Arden

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 418, Aneninen wrote:Goodmorning, – can you explain your townread on TSO?

Like I said, for me it's mainly the overall impression I get from his posts. It's incredibly nonspecific - a dash of tone here, a bit of meta there.

In post 437, Cho wrote:I think I'm fairly town for outing the neighborhood. Scum wouldn't do that.

Sure they would, if they thought it would make them look Town.

Players I am currently uneasy about: Garmr, Thor, Pere, Boonskiies.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 376, Thor665 wrote:
In post 373, Izariael wrote:
In post 371, Thor665 wrote:And I townread Scripten.

Could you elaborate a bit? What are you seeing that I'm not?

Well, your presented case on him is pretty paper thin as stands, so it's not like you're even seeing anything.
My read on him is more one of gut and 'I agree with that' but I like how he singled out Tier as looking town and didn't mention GM - which is where I'm at and feels a logical town place to be rather than a scum looking to toss out some easy town reads.

I don't understand what is so logical about throwing out:
In post 301, Scripten wrote:Nobody is really pinging hard either way.
In post 362, Scripten wrote:TSO
seems
mildly town. Toby and Tiershift
feel
town. (Tier feels quite town, in fact.)
Nero Cain
looks
a little suspicious. Cho
feels
like scum to me.

There is no analysis. It's just using "buzz words" as you said :down: and trying to be a convincingly active player.
----------------------------------------------------
In post 376, Thor665 wrote:As far as I can tell your case on him is made up of buzz words and dings him for being non-committal more than anything.
On Page 16 of a large.
After you just got done being non-committal in some of the reads you were offering.
Meh.
Which reads were non-committal? My T S O read was a wholly-committed null at that point. Too much of his content was interaction with Csareo to provide a read I felt comfortable following. The other reads were clearly committed. Having a committed read doesn't mean you set it in stone, but it does require some sense of an explanation or analysis that can show WHY you have listed a player as leaning town or scum.

We had players who were 'non-posting' at that stage.
We had players who had been strongly committal and then reversed.
Sure, but I haven't posted my reads on every one of the other 20 players yet. Doesn't mean I don't have reads on such players though. I still found Scripten's "here are some minor reads - look I'm participating" to be the scummiest read I have.

We haven't had a decent wagon yet (showing how non-committal most of the players are, quite frankly).
We have no town leadership.
I say that with an awareness that I am known for early crusades, and I haven't felt my teeth bite in yet.
So, basically your case is, to my mind, 'he is a player in this game'
Mmkay.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 437, Cho wrote:I think I'm fairly town for outing the neighborhood. Scum wouldn't do that.

Sure they would. Being in a neighbourhood isn't alignment-indicative, so it's not really skin off their back to out it, especially if it gets them towncred. I view outing it as null, since I see motivations from both sides of the equation.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 440, Izariael wrote:

Sure they would. Being in a neighbourhood isn't alignment-indicative, so it's not really skin off their back to out it, especially if it gets them towncred. I view outing it as null, since I see motivations from both sides of the equation.

Oh shitballs... gm beat me to it I think. I didn't see her post until after :mad:
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

In post 435, Thor665 wrote:Could you vote Pere instead? You seemed to paint him with the same brush, and at least I know he's better than that. From what some people have said 'useless as Matthew McConaughey's shirts' is somewhat par for the course for Cho.

I don't see the point of pressuring Pere until he catches all the way up, like I said, pressuring Cho will pay off more right now.
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Cho »

If you think I'm caught up with anything besides half of this page, you'd be pretty wrong.

I tend to post even if I haven't read everything yet. The difference between me and players like PeregrineV is that I try not to make empty promises.

Arden

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Meh. If that's your laurel I stand by my comment.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 392, Scripten wrote:
In post 368, Izariael wrote:
Top scumread would be Scripten. I'm irked by everything in his ISO. Non-committal, flimsy reads and a lackadaisical vote on top wagon are raising my hackles.

VOTE: Scripten

This looks like a vote for town cred rather than a vote based on actual scumhunting.

It's fairly early into D1, and you want solid reads on people? In a large?

Also, Cho was tied with TSO at
three
votes. I think I can deal with the guilt of putting someone at L-8 or so.

I'm not expecting solid reads of OBVTOWN or OBVSCUM, but at least give a bit of insight about why you think such and such person is town or scum. Don't just fake active participation by throwing out reads a four year-old could vomit.

I didn't like your Cho vote because "Cho feels like scum" was weak... Cho's had enough posts to at least give a better reason than that. I'm sure that if you truly
feel
that she's scum that you could probe a little deeper and explain why her actions
feel
scummy. Gut feels don't just happen. Something they've done or said sets off red flags along the way to tweak the gut-strings. So find it and get back to me. Kthxbai.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 442, Goofyd00d wrote:
In post 435, Thor665 wrote:Could you vote Pere instead? You seemed to paint him with the same brush, and at least I know he's better than that. From what some people have said 'useless as Matthew McConaughey's shirts' is somewhat par for the course for Cho.

I don't see the point of pressuring Pere until he catches all the way up, like I said, pressuring Cho will pay off more right now.

:neutral:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I want to lynch Pere - get with the program.
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Cho »

In regards to your previous comment, Thor665, the fact that I'm self-aware shouldn't be equated with me being scum.

While we're both here, is there anything specific that you want me to look at? My computer is at 10% though so I'm not going to promise that results will come in the next 30 minutes.

Arden

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 439, Izariael wrote:I don't understand what is so logical about throwing out:
In post 301, Scripten wrote:Nobody is really pinging hard either way.
In post 362, Scripten wrote:TSO
seems
mildly town. Toby and Tiershift
feel
town. (Tier feels quite town, in fact.)
Nero Cain
looks
a little suspicious. Cho
feels
like scum to me.

There is no analysis. It's just using "buzz words" as you said :down: and trying to be a convincingly active player.

Nah, using emotions to get reads isn't a buzzword. Saying 'I feel' is no better or worse than saying 'I think' and it makes you *feel* more scummy to me for even trying to paint it that way.

In post 439, Izariael wrote:Which reads were non-committal? My T S O read was a wholly-committed null at that point.

Is this sarcastic irony?
I hope it's sarcastic irony.

In post 439, Izariael wrote:Sure, but I haven't posted my reads on every one of the other 20 players yet. Doesn't mean I don't have reads on such players though. I still found Scripten's "here are some minor reads - look I'm participating" to be the scummiest read I have.

Your reads are not very impressive to me then.
Want to sheep me on Pere? Maybe he's alternate scum team to you, yeah?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”