Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 374, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 370, Thor665 wrote:I don't think you get to naked vote at this stage of the game - reads and thoughts please.

It's not naked, it's more an acceptance that Izraeil probably knows better than I at this point, and last time I thought they were scum, ignored them, and we lost.

Of course, an actual read will give me a better idea. Is there a reason you think he is particularly town?

I'm not sure why you'd sheep me at all, honestly. I'm also a late-comer here, playing catch-up just as you are. :neutral:
Did something about Scripten's behavior make you put more weight on my read or something?

Also, in the game you linked, you were my top scumread and you were town... so there's that. I'm sure that's probably a reason why you were inclined to ignore my 5-Off scumread.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 373, Izariael wrote:
In post 371, Thor665 wrote:And I townread Scripten.

Could you elaborate a bit? What are you seeing that I'm not?

Well, your presented case on him is pretty paper thin as stands, so it's not like you're even seeing anything.
My read on him is more one of gut and 'I agree with that' but I like how he singled out Tier as looking town and didn't mention GM - which is where I'm at and feels a logical town place to be rather than a scum looking to toss out some easy town reads.

As far as I can tell your case on him is made up of buzz words and dings him for being non-committal more than anything.
On Page 16 of a large.
After you just got done being non-committal in some of the reads you were offering.
Meh.
We had players who were 'non-posting' at that stage.
We had players who had been strongly committal and then reversed.
We haven't had a decent wagon yet (showing how non-committal most of the players are, quite frankly).
We have no town leadership.
I say that with an awareness that I am known for early crusades, and I haven't felt my teeth bite in yet.
So, basically your case is, to my mind, 'he is a player in this game'

In post 370, Thor665 wrote:I don't think you get to naked vote at this stage of the game - reads and thoughts please.

It's not naked, it's more an acceptance that Izraeil probably knows better than I at this point, and last time I thought they were scum, ignored them, and we lost.

Of course, an actual read will give me a better idea. Is there a reason you think he is particularly town?

:neutral:

Unvote: TSO
(who still owes me more links)
Vote: Pere
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 375, Izariael wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd sheep me at all, honestly. I'm also a late-comer here, playing catch-up just as you are. :neutral:
Did something about Scripten's behavior make you put more weight on my read or something?

Nope, haven't read the thread yet.

Also, in the game you linked, you were my top scumread and you were town... so there's that. I'm sure that's probably a reason why you were inclined to ignore my 5-Off scumread.
If I had listened to you about 5-off, he could have been gotten that much earlier.

It could all be wrong, but for now, your being sheeped.
Yes, I took my
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 335, TobyLoby wrote:I gave my read on Csareo here.

HAHA. So you are voting me for being wishy washy/fence sittery whatever you want to call it when you say its looks "kinda townish". Such a hard stance. pls get to dying hypocritical alt scum.

In post 361, TierShift wrote:He eventually says he thinks csareo is town and the wagon is scummy but refuses to vote on the wagon

refused is the wrong word. I had a gut scum read on Toby 'cause I felt like she was just kinda hanging around and doing nothing. Her 171 felt pressure pointy. So I voted. I don't understand why I should vote one scum over another scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

This is like my 4th or 5th game with TSO. I think the first game I played with him he was like brand new and, as scum, lurked it out. Yes, he's constantly angry or atleast comes off as angry. Could he fake that as scum? Sure. He'd be better than a no lynch but I don't have a ton of cofidence that flips scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:27 am

Post by T S O »

"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:28 am

Post by T S O »

I don't lurk as scum. Aneninen, Cho, Egg, Thor and Pere have all seen my scumgame when it's working decently. You can ask them.

I don't lurk in general, though.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:31 am

Post by T S O »

Last time you ignored Thor, he was lynched in LyLo and Marvel Avengers and Town lost. What makes Izzy more reasonable to sheep than Thor, given you've been in the same situation with both?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:39 am

Post by T S O »

I really don't agree with anything Aneninen is saying right now.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:46 am

Post by T S O »

In post 349, goodmorning wrote:muffinnnnn

muffin whyyyyy

So I've found myself defending TSO. That's pretty strong for me. This is where I figure out whether it's because of circumstance or is an actual townread.

what exactly convinced you in the interim time that I was a townread?
-Marquis
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I know it's only page2, but I so liked it!

In post 36, Thor665 wrote:I now support Csaro's lynch also.

Scripten's drunk post is also a policy lynch.

People should vote one or the other, my RVS stage is over.

I found Csaro's post refreshingly direct. What about them makes you want to lynch him?

Since when have drunk posts been a policy lynch?

In post 37, Goofyd00d wrote:VOTE: Muffin for making me hungry

Ok, that made me laugh. :lol:
In post 42, Aneninen wrote:Hi,

I haven't fokking read anything and won't do so right now because I'll go to work soon. However, I like the fact that there are 21 players here. Obviously, I won't self-vote so I can roll a d20 for a RVS vote.

VOTE: Boonskiies

Oh. Reasoning for the vote. We want to adopt a kitty and my sweetheart is talking about one who was posted on Facebook yesterday. If we had that kitty right now, he would vote on you. We must respect the kitty's will.

Your reason for RVS is fine. The fact that it is fake is not fine.

In post 43, Cho wrote:Cho claimed Mafia 2-Shot Even-Night Bulletproof Vigilante in the neighborhood last night.

VOTE: Cho

I believe the claim.

Is the even-night apply to the vigilante part or the Bulletproof part? The town vig needs this info to coordinate your termination.

In post 44, Nero Cain wrote:
daykill:Thor

Too early. :P

In post 48, T S O wrote:Caesar, you elephant, stop being serious so early!

We've got about 150 pages for that shit.

VOTE: CAESAR

You voted Caesar for being serious in his efforts to scumhunt?

In post 49, Boonskiies wrote:
unvote

I like this.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:25 am

Post by T S O »

My vote did exactly what it said on the tin.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:25 am

Post by T S O »

Its seriousness can probably be discerned from the way I misspelled his name.
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

I still have yet to see you vote parking someone while calling them town and/or defending them.
Do you do that too?

In post 385, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 36, Thor665 wrote:I now support Csaro's lynch also.

Scripten's drunk post is also a policy lynch.

People should vote one or the other, my RVS stage is over.

I found Csaro's post refreshingly direct. What about them makes you want to lynch him?

Since when have drunk posts been a policy lynch?

1. I found it annoying that he was taking derp fake claims serious and extending the derp fake claim discussion.
2. Since always, for me.

Your post here is shockingly empty.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:33 am

Post by T S O »

In post 388, Thor665 wrote:
I still have yet to see you vote parking someone while calling them town and/or defending them.
Do you do that too?

To the best of my knowledge, not usually, but I can guarantee if I went through all my games I'd probably find a pile of examples of me doing it.

I'm not fucking looking anything else up for you, though, since you were so kind as to make me waste my time before explaining that the examples had to be specific.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:35 am

Post by T S O »

I don't get how Joke RVS vote + defence = disconnect, seeing as my mindset in the vote wasn't actually serious, but go ahead and call that scummy too.

Why do you ever talk to people if you have no fucking interest in their responses?
-Marquis
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 46, TierShift wrote:Disclaimer: this is my first large game and I have no idea how to approach it.

In post 75, TierShift wrote:
VOTE: TierShift
Deal with it.

This would be the scum approach to dealing with a previously unknown environment.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 368, Izariael wrote:
Top scumread would be Scripten. I'm irked by everything in his ISO. Non-committal, flimsy reads and a lackadaisical vote on top wagon are raising my hackles.

VOTE: Scripten

This looks like a vote for town cred rather than a vote based on actual scumhunting.

It's fairly early into D1, and you want solid reads on people? In a large?

Also, Cho was tied with TSO at
three
votes. I think I can deal with the guilt of putting someone at L-8 or so.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 388, Thor665 wrote:1. I found it annoying that he was taking derp fake claims serious and extending the derp fake claim discussion.

So you vote was because you found him annoying, but not scum?

2. Since always, for me.

I'll keep an eye out for that, since I see quite a few of them.

Your post here is shockingly empty.

It's page 2, what are you looking for from a page 2 read?

I could continue the discussion of the reviver and supersaint claims, but someone beat me to it. But, those don't interest me like Cho's claim.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 389, T S O wrote:
In post 388, Thor665 wrote:
Do you do that too?

To the best of my knowledge, not usually, but I can guarantee if I went through all my games I'd probably find a pile of examples of me doing it.

I'm not fucking looking anything else up for you, though, since you were so kind as to make me waste my time before explaining that the examples had to be specific.

I kind of expected them to be specific, honestly. My issue with you was not 'he left his vote somewhere for a long time'
My issue was 'he left his vote on someone that he was calling town'
If you did that as a common thing (as you said) I expected the examples to reflect that you often had your vote on people you were defending.
What you have shown is that you don't move your vote a lot, and that in one game you were claling someone scum while voting someone else you also were calling scum.
I have no idea why you thought your links were an answer to my issue - am I missing something?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 87, Garmr wrote:
first read of the game.
a medium town with high chance of idiocy.

Pretty harsh page 4 criticism. What were the top 5 posts inthsoe 4 pages that points you to "town idiocy"?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 392, Scripten wrote:
In post 368, Izariael wrote:
Top scumread would be Scripten. I'm irked by everything in his ISO. Non-committal, flimsy reads and a
lackadaisical vote on top wagon are raising my hackles

VOTE: Scripten

This looks like a vote for town cred rather than a vote based on actual scumhunting.

It's fairly early into D1, and you want solid reads on people? In a large?

Also, Cho was tied with TSO at
three
votes. I think I can deal with the guilt of putting someone at L-8 or so

I actually missed the bold and like the bold response to it.
Yeah - that's a terrible value call from Izarieal.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 366, PeregrineV wrote:I'll probably be catching up today. Anything I should look for?

In post 369, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Scripten

Holy shit this is scumposting.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: PerV
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 394, Thor665 wrote:
I have no idea why you thought your links were an answer to my issue - am I missing something?

Unfortunately not. I thought I was right here and was all ready to lord it over you, but no.

In post 390, T S O wrote:I don't get how Joke RVS vote + defence = disconnect, seeing as my mindset in the vote wasn't actually serious.

Can you go through this?
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:51 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 384, T S O wrote:what exactly convinced you in the interim time that I was a townread?

I went back through your ISO, then I slept on it, went through again and decided that was it. It's not the strongest townread I've ever had, and it's based on more body of work than any specific post, but it's a townread I feel comfortable with.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”