Micro 392: The Assassin has regained control of the village!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 am

Post by Maxous »

stop panicking.
i'm here now.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Maxous »

i like nikanor + scripten.
kinda like mantis + grayfoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

don't like sabbath-hydra.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 51, Nazarene wrote:why tho

i'll just go with gut reads until i can substantiate better.
though scripten's #52 was chock-full of townie arrogance labeling multiple people as idiots
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Maxous »

i don't mind how you play, i was explaining a town-read.

-
In post 56, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 54, Scripten wrote:At least each head of the hydra can't be individual scum. :P

Yeah, I like the idea of executing Nikanor. What do you think of that idea, Mantisdreamz?

The first thing I notice is that Nikanor was pushing for your execution.

uh-huh, but this isn't an opinion of nik's play.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Maxous »

i still want that biscuit though
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 68, Quinoa wrote:Quinoa is more nutritious than a biscuit that is just mainly carbs.

hrm, a bit of research shows there actually might be a best of both worlds

In post 67, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 65, Maxous wrote:
In post 56, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:The first thing I notice is that Nikanor was pushing for your execution.

uh-huh, but this isn't an opinion of nik's play.

Your point?

that you're effectively writing fluff.

In post 77, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:Maxous what makes Mantis less likeable than Fox and Nikanor?

idk how to answer this really? i didn't feel mantis was as town as nik.

-

only skimmed through grayfox's iso things on my read-through but town point for sheer effort.

still thinking sabbath should be the shot after #77 tbqh
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 154, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Fluff. Then calls Sabbath's posts fluff.

difference being my fluff wasn't
pretending
to be content.

In post 164, Nazarene wrote:Max, what part of post 77 pinged to you?

In post 77, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:Town cred for anyone that shoots Nik and scumclaim for anyone that gives him the gun(should we call it a gun?) Shooting from the hip on P1, without scum hunting,
I don't expect his contributions to be any greater than that for the rest of the game.

they're adding a disclaimer to the scum-read: if nik flips town, 'ah well he wasn't gonna contribute anyway'
it's seems more like a policy lynch they're pushing.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 174, GrayFoxxxx wrote:My point is you backing of off Script the way you did seems scummy on your part.

In post 79, Nazarene wrote:Scripten I read the start of your scumgame. I'm pretty much convinced you're not scum now.

hrm, they're read on scripten does seem over-the-top.
naz thinks it beyond possible that scripten could mix up his scum-game?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 177, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
(1)
Mantis is the Day1 named king, by either flavor or by role. Don't you think that's effectively a IC confirmation by the mod?
(2)
Which also brings me back to Nik's gambit choice. The named king? Very Ballsy.
(3)
Can you point to further Nikanor contributions? I'm pushing a scummy gambit that was played in poor taste. Is that policy?

1) no.
2) why is "ballsy", scummy per se?
3) i don't have a problem with his reads

@sabbath: do you have any other reads?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 0, Aronis wrote:Clusk92 ☆

??
@MOD
: prod/replace pls
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Maxous »

too much info to process, just gonna write a brief summary here for now:

i like scripten's early play a lot particulary #52 as i mentioned, last half a dozen posts have gotten weaker but still have a moderate town read here.

grayfox, kinda towny feeling with all the ISO's, seems like a lot of unnecessary bother as scum. town read on fox got stronger when he started whipping nazarene around the thread, #206 + #210 are good. moderate town read here too.

mantisdreamz, by here own admission she is struggling for reads. I appreciate her effort to get into the game from #227 - #240. I have a feeling her struggling for reads and over-reliance on questions could be because she's scum though. Null, i'm not sure here.

quinoa, no read honestly. he mentioned a few reads he has but it didn't give me a feeling either way.

nazarene, certainly came off considerably worse during the grayfox argument, i do like their controlled aggression and persistence in dealing with their scum-reads however. Slight town feeling

honestly, i lean town on nikanor because i just feel he's town. i tried but i can't articulate that.

sabbath is still my only scum read. they're putting the effort in but their reads are just so messy, hell i barely understood their explanation of a scum-read on myself.
In post 219, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:I don't feel like Greyfoxx's ISO reads line up with the content inside them. I'm very hesitant to follow the crowd in that the action over rides the content. I think he has been very buddying towards the King and that his attempts to be overly towny are fake. Someone may have told him to "try to look like a good little villager(see post 1 for reference)" because IMO, his actions have been a little over the top. I am hard claiming this as SCUM.

Greyfoxxx is obvscum.

i quoted this here because it comes across as over-confidence in the scum-read. their explanation does not look to match up with 'he is obv-scum'
the manner in which the nikanor read was dropped was pretty awkward too. they really tried to quickly sweep the issue under the carpet and pretend it didn't exist after focusing so much of their early game on it.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 206, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
Naz
Is now my strongest scum read.

In post 291, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Also Script is not my main town read anymore. Null until I see a response

ftr, i'm liking this kind of thing.
suggests his reads are being very reactive instead of calculated/strategic
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 287, Scripten wrote:This is saying that GF is suggesting a scumteam between a player and someone he believes to be town based on associative POE reads. It's nonsensical and was the first, biggest problem I've had with GF's play.

oh, i just seen this at me.
ok
In post 151, GrayFoxxxx wrote:post 79

Don't like this post at all. Uses meta way to strongly here. Makes me look at Script as poss. scum if Naz is scum.

don't have a problem with it, he's just speculating on a hypothetical i think. IF naz was scum, he would look at you...I(and other players) draw those kinds of connections between players in our mind from time to time even though we think one or both of the players is town.
if he was using the link to pursue a scum-read on you that would be a different story, but he made it clear he wasn't.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Maxous »

can't actually quote the post but here is a game from (wow 2 years ago :/ ) where i did something similar - read the om and RBD part.
worth noting i got into a really big mess with the speculation too i suppose.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 310, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:Scripten cannot be simultaneously town and scum partners with Nazarene.

..did you just totally ignore my last 2 posts?
Sabbath - post#219 wrote:One is that to believe the D1 king may not be town, is creating WIFOM against a preconceived notion that he is.

just because she was chosen as king or queen w/e, mantis is not necessarily town, this has been pointed out several times already.
you said mantis is town by play? why? this interests me considering I'm scummy for merely
questioning her alignment

post#219 wrote:He doesn't seem to give a crap that I want Nikanor killed, (or at least he didn't mention it)(wanting Nikanor killed is pretty scummy right?)(He didn't even say that my reasons for wanting Nikanor killed were off.) (At this post, I'm actually trying to encourage someone/anyone to shoot Nikanor) Anyways he completely bypass the things that are blatantly scummy in favor of saying that I want a policy lynch. In my experience policy lynches are pretty null as far as alignment goes. But to focus on that above everything else, tells me that his motivations are off. This is my second pick for true Scum.

uhhh no. you were giving policy lynch rationale to push somebody as a
scum-read
. that is not alignment-null.

-

In post 298, Nazarene wrote:What do you mean? (Note: this is not me being cocky, I want to understand your read on us for real)

as in, greyfox's posts during that flurry came across as stronger and more town, while you seemed to be struggling to justify the scum-read on him.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:27 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 338, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:Greyfoxx says that his highest town read is scum buddies with Nazarene. This is awful.

...why do you keep refusing to adress my #294 + #295?
i'm getting tired of it.

My post about giving town cred to anyone that shot Nikanor was blatently scummy. Nothing was said about me wanting him shot and the scumminess of that in itself. A new reason saying that I wanted a policy lynch was invented.

and regarding this, I didn't say you were pushing a policy lynch, I said you were using the logic of a policy lynch to push a guy as a scum-read.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Maxous »

happy to see nazarene is town :)

i don't think scrip is scum, i like that he has been very willing + open to discuss all viewpoints at any the time. (he might be a bit stubborn)

shooting sabbath i'm okay with atm
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 362, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 360, Maxous wrote:happy to see nazarene is town :)

i don't think scrip is scum, i like that he has been very willing + open to discuss all viewpoints at any the time.

Except my main point in 332.

I've looked at #332 three times and I Don't get the argument..help pls
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 367, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:I think I said a lot of complicated shit, but I was calling Greyfoxx scum for multiple reasons. being
Attempting to use the game flavor to appear town.
Creating the ISO reads as an attempt to appear town. because the ISO's
1. have Poor evaluations of posts and leave out the more important parts of the posts.
2. are Describing the posts rather than giving opinions on their content, and
Contradictions.

ok..this part is understandable

This is the comment that was being questioned. Greyfoxx thinks Scripten is town, thinks Naz is scum, thinks scripten may be scum with Naz.
This is a lot different than Maxous's example.
Maxous thought both parties were town, but still suspicious. In this case GF says Scripten and Nazarene are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

and then we're back to what????
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Maxous »

-___-

scum does have the shot, i think.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Maxous »

well i'm not scum anyway. mantis could be.
scripten is a bit surprising, i'll have a lookie in a bit
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:55 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 472, Nazarene wrote:Does anyone have theories regarding the nightkill?

so..what's
your
theory on the night-kill then?
i would imagine you are aware scrip was scum-reading you for his last 10-15 posts yes?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Maxous »

so mantis, i think she's scummy because she has overly struggled for reads.
the start of this game was difficult i feel, it wasn't really easy to get reads. And if it was difficult for town, imagine how hard it would be for scum.
a lot of her content is asking questions that didn't really seem to lead to much. she gave reads in #396 + 398 but none were explained in detail.
having a flaking scum-buddy would mean it's reasonable that the remaining scum would feel somewhat apathetic towards the game. Though you could level this accusation at quinoa also.

In post 475, Nazarene wrote:I had a theory you were setting me up for today's execution.

yeah, no.
"setting up" lynches almost never work.
if i was scum i wouldn't be messing around killing scripten, yourself or nikanor would of been out the door.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 478, Quinoa wrote:it would be easier for scum to get reads because they are aware

not really mate, it's harder to lie than truthfully probe at someone and I remember feeling trapped myself as scum in a couple of games where reads were hard to come by.

In post 477, Maxous wrote:if i was scum i wouldn't be messing around killing scripten, yourself or nikanor would of been out the door.

circular reasoning is unreliable

what do you mean circular reasoning?

In post 479, Nazarene wrote:I thought you were insinuating we killed scripten because he scumread us. But you weren't doing that?

not particularly, i'm still curious of why you asked for night-kill theories when the most obvious theory was yourself though.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 490, Mantisdreamz wrote:max, you said you were going to take a look at theories on the script nightkill.. will you?

i did. which is why i questioned nazarene afterward. there was nothing else apart from that. well maybe greyfox i guess.
this answers #493 as well i think.

also @max - this is the 2nd time you've made a point to state that i was struggling for reads and using it as indicating scumminess

yes?
i'm re-iterating a read i have?

In post 491, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 477, Maxous wrote:
if i was scum i wouldn't be messing around killing scripten, yourself or nikanor would of been out the door.

also what makes you say that in particular? (the last part of the sentence)

because tier was accusing me of killing scripten, which is silly because

1) he is an inexperienced weaker player compared to the two i mentioned.
2) he town-read me in his last reads
3) he was seemingly going to tunnel on nazarene

I (helpfully :giggle: ) pointed out who would of been night-killed if i was scum.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 495, Nazarene wrote:Because we're not scum. So there must be another reason for the nightkill. Why shouldn't we ask gor another theory when the most obvious one is myself?

1)what's *your* other theory
2) it's more of an issue you didn't address the most obvious culprit being yourself when asking for a theory. I wouldn't put it past you to pull a cheeky night-kill here and claim 'scum is setting me up'
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by Maxous »

Nope
If anything I'm questioning the reaction
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Maxous »

yeah i've cooled off on thinking mantis is scum. don't think it's quinoa.
it's naz or nik IMO. they would be good enough not be overtly scummy.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Maxous »

Sorry I forgot the deadline was last night. Was busy.
It's not quinoa or greyfox anyway. Doubting it's mantis.
Which leaves yeah, nik and naz.
gut would lean nik but eh, good luck :]
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”