Micro 392: The Assassin has regained control of the village!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Scripten »

VOTE: Grayfoxxxx

That's a lot of x's. Like, one more than there should be.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Scripten »

No official voting, no. I think it's beneficial to have votes out at all times, though. After all, a King who doesn't listen to his subjects at all may not be a particularly good king, don't you think?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 14, Nikanor wrote:
In post 12, Mantisdreamz wrote:woohoo!

VOTE: nikanor
grovel at my feet

i'll do more than that (winkwink??) if you execute scripten today

Ooh. A scum, m'lord, a scum!

If the king executes a villager first day, don't you think that the kingmaker's going to choose a different king?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 18, Nikanor wrote:well it's actually mandatory for the km to nominate a different monarch every day so yeah.

Repeats are allowed when there's five or fewer players left.

In post 19, Nikanor wrote:also lol if you think that there is any chance at all of mantis lynching me today c:

Why's that? You two on a team or something?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 21, Nikanor wrote:
i think that we probably have the same alignment yeah.

You know something the rest of us don't?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 25, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 20, Scripten wrote:
In post 18, Nikanor wrote:well it's actually mandatory for the km to nominate a different monarch every day so yeah.

Repeats are allowed when there's five or fewer players left.

so the king maker could just nominate themselves continuously...

seems kind of iffy

Pretty sure kingmaker can't be king. Confirm anyone?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Scripten »

Got some super-duper preliminary reads for y'all.

SABBATHonSABBATH - Played with both heads of this hydra. Seems to be using a different playstyle from both. () is smart. Thinking I'm figuring out which head is which. Not that it matters. Null, slightly town read.
Nazarene - Smart hydra. Feeling townie, but I know one head is slick as scum. Watching due to meta, but open to the town read my gut is giving them from their single content-y post.
Maxous - Quick to come up with scumteams. (Are those scumteams? Kinda vague there.) Leaning slightly scummy, but mostly null.
Nikanor - Scummy as hell. May just be VI, but I hate most early game gambits, so might be conf bias. Would love to see Mantis execute him later on if he doesn't start generating town-sided content.
Clusk92 - Nuttin'. Null.
Mantisdreamz - Scummy. Trying to play VI or good cop? Seemed like she was setting up a precedent to quick-execute me, which is lulzy.
GrayFoxxxx - Solid poster. Might be smart scum or smart townie. Either way, need more to move out of null.
Quinoa - Lurky/contentless. Null for lack of posts, leaning scum for the active lurking/crap posting.

Now, let us lose our shit and quicklynch Scripten for making reads lists this early.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Scripten »

At least each head of the hydra can't be individual scum. :P

Yeah, I like the idea of executing Nikanor. What do you think of that idea, Mantisdreamz?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 58, Nazarene wrote:Scripten do you have any finished scum games?

Yup. Check out newbie 1524. It's here. I'm on the scumteam with BBT. Aimed at a few townies who categorically gave up, leaving us with a perfect scum win. Tunneled and annoyed the more experienced players to victory.

In post 61, Quinoa wrote:Quin oa talk about quinoa?

This looks like some crumby crumbly crumbing.

Maxous:
I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings, but players who act like jokers ping my scum radar. Confusing play is bad for the town. If you aren't scum, what's the point of trying to aim gambits all over and muddy the waters for your team? (This is a rhetorical question, but if you can answer it, I'll give you a cookie.)

SABBATHonSABBATH:
He sure was. I'd like to see him lynched by Mantisdreamz because I'm getting a vibe of them being on the same team, just like Nikanor said. I'm not a morning person, but early buses are fun.

Also I hate D1 gambits. So, like I said, may be confbias on my part. We'll see when the game gets rolling.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 66, Maxous wrote:i still want that biscuit though

Now, let's not get too demanding. I said cookie and a cookie you'll get. ;)

Spoiler: Maxous' cookie

Code: Select all

EtablecookiescookiesCREATE TABLE cookies (creation_utc INTEGER NOT NULL UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY,host_key TEXT NOT NULL,name TEXT NOT NULL,value TEXT NOT NULL,path TEXT NOT NULL,expires_utc INTEGER NOT NULL,secure INTEGER NOT NULL,httponly INTEGER NOT NULL,last_access_utc INTEGER NOT NULL, has_expires INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, persistent INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,priority INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, encrypted_value BLOB DEFAULT '')A]indexdomaincookiesCREATE INDEX domain ON cookies(host_key)-A\00indexsqlite_autoindex_cookies_1cookies';\00indexsqlite_autoindex_meta_1metaf/tablemetametaCREATE TABLE meta(key LONGVARCHAR NOT NULL UNIQUE PRIMARY KEY, value LONGVARCHAR)

SoS:
What I saw from the beginning of the game were Nikanor and Mantisdreamz setting a precedent to execute the only confirmed townie I know. Both are displaying a sort of VI-style play that rubs me the wrong way. If it was just a case of one buddying the other, I don't understand why they are both so happily in on it.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 71, Nazarene wrote:Oh god this is bbt and tiershift buddying all over again

I'll read your scumgame. And BBT finally won a game good for him!

-Tier

Ouch. But no. I'm just not feeling this out-of-the-gate alliance stuff that's flying between them.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Scripten »

I take back what I said about Nikanor trying to employ VI-style play. Looks more like he's trying to lead town with bemused superiority. Which is great and all except that it relies entirely on the skills of one player. Town's a team, so trying to play lone ranger isn't going to cut it. That is, assuming he's town, which I, for one, am certainly not about to do.

Mantisdreamz:
No, that's not how it works. There's an otherwise VT player who is also Kingmaker. They choose the next king.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 109, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 107, Scripten wrote:
Mantisdreamz:
No, that's not how it works. There's an otherwise VT player who is also Kingmaker. They choose the next king.

you sure?

lemme read the wiki again

i was under the impression that the king for whatever day puts in the nomination for the next king...

I'm 100% sure. Still unsure if the Kingmaker can choose themselves, though.

Mod:
For some reason I was thinking the Kingmaker couldn't king themselves. Is this the case?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by Scripten »

I'm gonna clarify. Nik's posting is reading like, "Come on, I'm scumhunting super hard here. Why won't you all listen to me? Sheep me, you silly kids." Doesn't sit well with me.

Also, are we just going to banter until deadline? I mean, I guess I can deal with that, but we might as well hand scum the game at that point.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 132, Nikanor wrote:
In post 131, Scripten wrote:I'm gonna clarify. Nik's posting is reading like, "Come on, I'm scumhunting super hard here. Why won't you all listen to me? Sheep me, you silly kids." Doesn't sit well with me.

how on earth could you get that impression

Iso yourself from a vanilla town POV. From where I'm coming from, your play is either what I said or 90% of everything you've said has been banter. The only one being more useless to game state is Quinoa.

What impression are you trying to give?

In post 134, Mantisdreamz wrote:
but.... who was the confirmed townie that you saw that i was willing to execute? i haven't been willing to execute any..... it's way too soon

Keep in mind that I said from my point of view. I'm conftown to myself, after all. When I made my first few posts, you and Nik seemed to be setting up a way to justify a lynch on a townie. He pushes you hard for a quick execute and you softly discredit me from the sidelines. Having never played Kingmaker mafia before, I wasn't sure on the meta. Your posts ping less scummy than Nik's, if that makes your feel better.

GrayFoxxx:
I wouldn't say that being King really nullifies play. To me, it's more like having an eternal quickhammer on every player. Come next day, your scummy actions can bite you in the rear.
In post 134, Mantisdreamz wrote:
can you explain the VI style

Trolling and banter is how I see it. Other players might see it differently.

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Scripten »

Quoting this again because what the hell happened to my post? Sorry Grayfoxxxxx:

In post 143, Scripten wrote:
GrayFoxxx:
I wouldn't say that being King really nullifies play. To me, it's more like having an eternal quickhammer on every player. Come next day, your scummy actions can bite you in the rear.

Mantisdreamz

In post 146, Mantisdreamz wrote:script, when did i say i was willing to execute you?

I don't think I said this? What I meant was that the way you and Nik were bantering back and forth felt like a sort of good cop, bad cop setup. He tunnels and you softly discredit to justify an execution later on.

That said, more recent posting discredits that a bit. We'll see.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 151, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
Nazarene

Spoiler:
-snip-

Careful. Naz is a hydra of two players who are quite good at scumplay. Well, one head is pretty good by my estimate and the other is alleged to be good and I'm inclined to believe.

This iso is suspicious. I don't like that you would instantly scumread a hard town read based on another player whose also reading them as town flipping scum. (God that sentence hurts. Lemme know if it doesn't make sense.) This particular post rubs me the wrong way entirely.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 176, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 129, Mantisdreamz wrote:thing is though... and this is in general. his push for execution was pretty much like a vote. in normal terms of mafia... ppl don't generally get freaked out over someone placing a vote.

But Nik's post was actualy like calling for a quick hammer, or trying to pressure a dayvig to act without reasoning.

~ozzy

Interesting point. What do you think, comparatively, of my ()?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 183, Maxous wrote:
In post 174, GrayFoxxxx wrote:My point is you backing of off Script the way you did seems scummy on your part.

In post 79, Nazarene wrote:Scripten I read the start of your scumgame. I'm pretty much convinced you're not scum now.

hrm, they're read on scripten does seem over-the-top.
naz thinks it beyond possible that scripten could mix up his scum-game?

I'd like to add that the last time I played with Tiershift, whom is one of the heads of Naz, he played a pretty townie scum. I was particularly caught up in confirming him as a town read in our last game together. (Hence my "ouch", since I'd either noticed him buddying another player or thought I did, and the subsequent backup from that probably helped him get that town read.)

That said, the ISO Grayfoxxxxx gave on Naz makes me kind of suspicious of a GF/Naz scumteam. I didn't like the way GF implied that Naz flipping scum would implicate me as scum because of a read Naz gave. Felt massively fake. A little WIFOM-y, though, so I'm on the fence there.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Scripten »

Nikanor:
So what's your read on SoS? You think they're scum. Why?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 189, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 185, Scripten wrote:

That said, the ISO Grayfoxxxxx gave on Naz makes me kind of suspicious of a GF/Naz scumteam. I didn't like the way GF implied that Naz flipping scum would implicate me as scum because of a read Naz gave. Felt massively fake. A little WIFOM-y, though, so I'm on the fence there.

You would not be autoscum. Naz's reason was scummy, and I was speculating he could be killing two birds with one stone. 1.A False read 2. Make you seem more town. Again just speculation.

Is that the only part of that ISO that is bothering you?

I'll be honest, almost the entire ISO you made for Naz felt off. I might be affected by having a different read on several of the posts. (Specifically, some you found as fluff I saw as mildly more useful.) I'm not scumreading you hard, but got me eyes on you.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 219, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:But it goes along with: Nikan is quite an experienced player, and VI is overly harsh. Scripten on the other hand is a newer player, so I'm offering some forgiveness here, but it's very mild. Along with some advice: Know the players that you are talking about before you start talking about them like this.

Not that this has any bearing on the game, but I'd like to just mention that I am using the term VI as a way to reference a certain playstyle choice, not as an insult. I think I explained before why I used the term, and I certainly don't intend to attack anyone's character or intelligence.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 222, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
You say below he could be my scum partner but you say above you understand why Script got defensive. I dont think you can have one with the other.

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be eliminating any suspects entirely from our scum lists. Likewise, this is pretty misrepresentativ of SoS's statement. He said that your posts lean toward you trying to implicate me as your scum partner (Assuming you are scum) and said that my reaction and push back suggest my innocence.

FoS: Grayfoxx
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 226, Quinoa wrote:
In post 191, GrayFoxxxx wrote:he people. I did it for the people.

Good answer.

Forgive my presumption, but have you contributed anything to this game at all?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 230, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 23, Scripten wrote:

You know something the rest of us don't?

i will say up to this point, i don't think i like script's posts.

a little overly pushy on trying to find something sus

You don't find that quote at all suspicious?

Are you suggesting that scumhunting is scummy?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 20, Scripten wrote:Why's that? You two on a team or something?

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 am

Post by Scripten »

I don't understand why people are confused about the mechanics of this game.

Kingmaker is a random townie who keeps the role until they die. When they die, another player takes up the role secretly. King is chosen by the Kingmaker every night. The King ONLY has the power to execute someone that day and, until five or fewer people remain, cannot be chosen again after that first day of being King.

Nikanor feels more towny to me now. Not a solid read either way, but certainly more of a teetering read than solid scum. Quinoa's reads appear to be pulled from nowhere. Mind explaining them, Quin?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 286, Maxous wrote:
i like scripten's early play a lot particulary #52 as i mentioned, last half a dozen posts have gotten weaker but still have a moderate town read here.

Yeah... I spent eight hours writing essentially a third of my college's newspaper yesterday. I've just not had time to keep up.

That said, my play may look weaker because my reads are evolving. I'm having trouble with the Grayfoxxxxx/SoS argument that's going on. On the one hand, SoS's claim of GF buddying Mantis is BS and should really be dropped. On the other hand, I feel like GF isn't understanding what SoS said.

"Greyfoxx's evaluation of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at Naz and linking him as scum with his bestest town read. This is aweful."

This is saying that GF is suggesting a scumteam between a player and someone he believes to be town based on associative POE reads. It's nonsensical and was the first, biggest problem I've had with GF's play.

If Quinoa doesn't stop active lurking, I'm going to push until he gets executed, because his current play is crap. (Am I wrong, peeps? If so, please tell me why.)
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Scripten »

What? How are you seeing this as a change in interpretation?

Okay, let me explain my suspicions and we can compare notes:

1) You said that if Naz flips scum, then you would suspect me as being their partner.

2) This is suspicious because you were town reading me, so you are simultaneously reading me as likely to be town and likely to be scum. That's really inconsistent and suggests that you may be scummy.

3) I responded to this is a manner that SoS interprets as town-indicative. Therefore, he is not scumreading me as your potential partner.

Is there anything that doesn't make sense about this situation?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Scripten »

Associative reads have their place, even on D1, but what I found odd was just how far from town to scum I'd swing on his scum radar if Naz flipped. It just seems like a convenient way to guard if he needed to bus later on.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 301, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Still on my phone so I can't format like I want.

Script FoS me for misrepresenting what San said.
Sab says script was correct in his read. Which would make me wrong.
I ask how did what Sab said translate to what script said.
Sab hasn't commented since.

Suddenly me and Script have the same interpretation.

Script is looking really bad. Sab hasn't elaborated, and I'm not what that means.

-Shitty phone post

How are you having cognitive dissonance between my posts? And why are you suddenly going so OMGUS'y because I put a FoS on you for something I've fully explained?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 304, GrayFoxxxx wrote:You just switched your stance on what Naz said.

WHERE?

Like, seriously, I must be totally misunderstanding you or you're not reading what I wrote.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Scripten »

Quinoa:
Could you chime in on the current happenings? Does it look like town-headbutting-town, scum leanings anywhere? Something? Because I'm currently confused as to why there's any confusion. I feel like I've been clear.

GrayFoxxx:
I still don't get how I'm being contradictory or changing my stances. I said that you suspected me of being on a scumteam with Naz, which doesn't fit in with your prior town read of me. THEN, SoS said that you were suspicious and that he might've suspected me as being your partner but for my reaction to your suspicions. I have tried to explain this as clearly as I can. I just don't see what you're getting so flustered about.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 311, GrayFoxxxx wrote:script is outright ignoring the evidence.
I can't argue with that.

Sab - it's odd for you to expect my reads to have been so concrete, that early. Your voting me on the grounds I shouldn't be able to change my mind.

Are you serious right now? What evidence am I ignoring? Tell me, with quotes, where my position changed.

You put me as hard town literally five posts before you posted your ISO on Naz. Both myself and SoS have explained what's wrong with your ISO and how you misinterpreted SoS's reasoning for not pegging me as your potential scumbuddy. If anyone is ignoring things, it's yourself.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 314, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Why won't you acknowledge scripts flip floppy behavior? You said his first understanding of you post was right. So Ipoint out that it doesn't make sense and you have avoided it.

Oh this is golden.

Are you going to accuse me next of OMGUS?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Scripten »

^ This man does know how to play mafia. Got myself some Festbier and a night devoid of responsibility. Finally.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 328, Nikanor wrote:
In post 326, Scripten wrote:^ This man does know how to play mafia. Got myself some Festbier and a night devoid of responsibility. Finally.

I'm drinking Boreale (cheap Quebecois red ale). I'd never heard of Festbier but judging by your name and its name I'm assuming it's a German Oktoberfestbier?

Delicious malty dark goodness, yep. It tastes just like autumn should.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 338, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
Greyfoxx says that his highest town read is scum buddies with Nazarene. This is awful.

This.

This is what your ISO on Naz read like to me. When this got brought up, you misrepresented SoS and, when I called you out on it, you suddenly saw me as scum when you'd literally just been townreading me. I FoS'd you because you did something scummy and, when called on it, you denied that it could possibly have been based in poor logic. Do you not see the inconsistency?

In post 333, GrayFoxxxx wrote:post 219
Script and Sab both said it really meant that I was trying to seem scum while also making Script seem like my scum buddy. I don't even.

Wrong. You are putting two statements, by two different people, into a singular point.

Nobody said you were "trying to seem scum." I said that you may know that Naz is scum due to the way you wrote the ISO post about them. (How would you know this for sure? By being scum yourself.) Then, I said that the reason you would put a hard town read (Me) as a possible scumbuddy would be to implicate me if your partner (Naz) ever got executed and flipped scum.

Now, ENTIRELY SEPARATELY, SoS mused that you looked scummy and that, if you were indeed scum, I might be one of your possible scumbuddies but for the way I responded to your ISO of Naz. I have explained this several times, but you continue to conflate that into the above point.

Now, do you understand? I, frankly, find it hard to believe that you haven't been following along just fine and aren't merely pushing this because it wastes time and further muddies the town's scumhunting waters.

UNVOTE: Nikanor
VOTE: GrayFoxxxx

For posterity.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 341, Nazarene wrote:Scripten is not looking very town :(

Just pointing out that tomorrow could be MyLo if both today's shot and clusk flip town. I highly recommend not shooting clusk, though. That will give us close to zero information to work off.

Mantis, stop being lazy please thx
-Tier

Is that so?

What changed your mind, then?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Scripten »

Replies in bold.

In post 343, Nazarene wrote:Script, come out and play.

How do you view grayfoxxxx's changing reads?
It looks to me like he was trying to push a mislynch or link a townie to a later scum flip.

Why do you take issue at him attacking the people who attack him?
I take issue with him scumreading people who are calling him out on faulty logic.

How do you feel about him antagonising people?
I don't think he's being exceptionally antagonistic. Just pushing a bad case in a way I read to be scummy.

Do you think him misrepping your and SoS's arguments is alignment indicative or indicative of bad reading comprehension?
Depends. I don't know how good a player he is, tbh. I read him as a good player at the start of the game, so him misunderstanding our posts to this extent feels forced and fake.

Answer all, please.

P-edit: hey you posted here have this post in response
-Tier
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Scripten »

His points in the first few pages seemed pretty solid to me. Most of his reads didn't look too bad until he got to you and our (GF's and my own) reads were -totally- divergent. I had been reading you as null leaning town until the exchange that GF spawned.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 347, Nazarene wrote:What do you currently think of nik? SoS?

Nikanor is feeling more town as we go into the game. I didn't find his play to be particularly compelling at first, and it felt like scum trying to pretend to be a VI/troll to active lurk. SoS I'm on the edge about. On the one hand, they're pushing a case against GF that I agree with. On the other, they've pushed some really crappy points as scumtells. Saying that GF was buddying the king was ridiculous, though they did relent on that point. Also, Nikanor's execute early game was not really a gambit. It broke the rules, but I don't think it's worth bringing up as a case.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #42) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:43 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 349, Nazarene wrote:I've found the case on gray to be particularly boring and based on misunderstandings more than anything, but I'll read it thoroughly now.

It's not even so much that there IS much of a case on GF's misunderstandings. He did something scummy and, when called on it, defended himself by attacking and accusing those calling him on it scum. His reaction to being called out is as telling, if not moreso, than the problem I had with his play before.

I suppose this could be a case of town-vs-town, but I'm leaning away from that the more he tries to push a case on me for disagreeing.

In post 349, Nazarene wrote:
Thoughts on max? mantis? Heel while you're at it just gimme all your reads :)

Max is null leaning town. I haven't had any problems with his interpretations of events for the most part. I disagree that effort = town, though. Effort may equal appearing to look town, but it's not a towntell any more than it is a scumtell. I find myself agreeing on a lot of his points about SoS. I may also be more suspicious of them(SoS) because they are agreeing with me.

Mantis is null. She has posted enough, I suppose, but she hasn't really said much in the way of content.

Quinoa is practically useless and has been active lurking/trolling all game. Would not be sad to see him executed today, either, policy lynch or not. His few posts with content appear to be pulled from his backside.

You are... teetering. I'm starting to see a pattern of people assigning scumminess on account of associative reads all over this game, though. I'm going to go with null leaning town. Your contributions seem mostly genuine.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #43) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Scripten »

Ugh GF you just don't get it do you?

I didn't switch interprestations. Stop trying to push that shit. Seriously. I'm just not talking about it any more. This is it.

1) No one said you were trying to look like scum. WTH is this supposed to mean? I said that you were trying to nail me alongside Naz. I extrapolated thast you might be scum trying to bus your partner in a shitty manner and frame another townie alongside a scum flip.

2) SoS said that I might have been your scum buddy. He said that my reaction to (1) makes that unlikely.

Why don't you get this?

Jesus. I'm done talking about this subject.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #44) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Scripten »

Yep

You just don't get that I can hold two viewpoints about two different things and have them still be consistent. okay

I just don't even you right now.

I may have had too much beer for this but jesus this cannot be that hard to understand. Dudes am I being unreasonable to expect that GF get this?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #45) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 374, GrayFoxxxx wrote:OK I'll play your game. Why FoS me for sharing the same view as you?

In your last 2 posts you went from

"I never said you are trying to be scum while making me look like your buddy" to

"I did say that but for a different reason"
We weren't talking about anything but my read on Naz.

But I'm curious. Where have I tried to seem scummy? And how did it envolve you?

No.

You still don't get it. I am not accusing you of trying to appear scummy. I am trying to say that you were setting up a precedent such that if Naz flipped scum, I would be scum.

SoS said that your behavior/logic was scummy and that I might have been implicated as your scumbuddy by process of elimination. However, due to my reactions to your logic, he decided that such a case was unlikely.

I FoS'd you because your actions were scummy AND you reacted to being called out on them in a scummy manner.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #46) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 376, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
he said that your posts leans towards you trying to implicate me as your scum partner

In post 224, Scripten wrote:He said that your posts lean toward you trying to implicate me as your scum partner
(Assuming you are scum)
and said that my reaction and push back suggest my innocence.

Can you please not partially quote me? Important bit in bold. That is, were you to flip scum, this could be seen as a way to protect your actual scumbuddy by implicating me instead.

My FoS on you was not limited merely to the points I'd brought up in that post. Your behavior
as a whole
suggested that you should be put under suspicion. Stop trying to weasel your way around this with pedantry.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #47) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 380, GrayFoxxxx wrote:BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT SAB SAID. I'm done.

Alright, this is getting us nowhere.

I want more from Quinoa, Nikanor, and Mantisdreamz.

Quinoa:
Explain your reads, please. Why do you expect the scumteam to be what you do?

Nikanor:
You wanted Naz executed. Said it would change. Has that happened? If so, who is your vote on right now?

Mantisdreamz:
You've been pretty quiet. Since you hold a hammer over each of us today, don't you think you should be engaging with the other players more? Would you scumread another player if they were king and weren't contributing to the game?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #48) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:43 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 384, Nazarene wrote:
-Snip-

No. We're done with this. Continuing to argue about this is not going to advance the game in any way. Pushing it is stalling. Stop stalling.

Grayfoxxxx:
I'm starting to lean toward this being town-vs-town. Help me get my read on you back in order by telling me what you think of Naz standing on the sidelines and egging our argument on?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:19 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 389, Nazarene wrote:Egging on? I'm trying to fucking solve it, as you can see in 351. Read it, ffs.

What's left to solve? What about this situation do you not know and want to find out?

Btw, your 351 is terrible. If you don't understand my 224, I just don't know what's left to say to you. I've tried over and over to explain it.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #50) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 397, Nazarene wrote:Please not gray, I'm positive he's town.

Why do you think sabbath is town?

This makes me think GF is actually town.

Gut is leaning toward a Naz/SoS scumteam. It would really make sense, considering each of them is on an opposing side in an argument I'm reading more and more as town-vs-town. Guess we'll see.

Mantisdreamz:
Keep in mind that both Naz and SoS are hydras with relatively experienced heads. I just have trouble with the idea that either of them are genuinely naive, so any hint of such play suggests intentional VI/troll play. (Is there a better term for this? I don't want to insult people with a different playstyle, but I want to be able to refer to it succinctly.)
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #51) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 403, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Clusk will probably be mod killed. Don't lynch him as it would be a waste of a lynch.

Keep in mind that if we lynch town and clusk is town, that brings us from 9 to 6 players with 2 scum. That's from a 2/9 to a 1/3 scum/town ratio. Not sure which way I stand on this just yet, but point to consider.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #52) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 407, Nazarene wrote:
In post 405, Scripten wrote:
In post 403, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Clusk will probably be mod killed. Don't lynch him as it would be a waste of a lynch.

Keep in mind that if we lynch town and clusk is town, that brings us from 9 to 6 players with 2 scum. That's from a 2/9 to a 1/3 scum/town ratio. Not sure which way I stand on this just yet, but point to consider.

I explicitly do not want a PL. I want to solve this game tomorrow. And we can't do that by a PL.

From what I've seen, it looks like we're losing Clusk regardless of who we lynch.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Scripten »

Deadline is today

Are we just going to idle until that time?

Quinoa:
You've done the least in this thread. How about you come back and contribute?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #54) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:12 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 442, Nazarene wrote:Script, why do you read gray vs sabbath as townvtown?

I don't. I read the Myself vs. Grayfoxxxx as town v town. You even mentioned what I had noticed a few posts back, where you said that SoS had started it but backed off when GF and I started going at each other. My tentative SoS+Naz scumteam read came from you doing something pretty similar to GF, by coming in from the sidelines to reignite the argument a few times.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #55) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Scripten »

Spoiler: Roughly through these posts
In post 324, Nazarene wrote:
@Grayfox:
Please explain with reference to particular posts how Scripten flip-flopped. I still see no inconsistency.

@SABBATH:
Your Grayfox read came after our charges of static reads, if I remember correctly.

And if mantis just killed someone, then he would be quicklynched tomorrow.

mantis, convince this Head that you are town and not scum coasting and avoiding committing to reads so that you will not be held accountable for the execution tomorrow.

-A

In post 341, Nazarene wrote:Scripten is not looking very town :(

Just pointing out that tomorrow could be MyLo if both today's shot and clusk flip town. I highly recommend not shooting clusk, though. That will give us close to zero information to work off.

Mantis, stop being lazy please thx
-Tier

In post 343, Nazarene wrote:Script, come out and play.

How do you view grayfoxxxx's changing reads?
Why do you take issue at him attacking the people who attack him?
How do you feel about him antagonising people?
Do you think him misrepping your and SoS's arguments is alignment indicative or indicative of bad reading comprehension?

Answer all, please.

P-edit: hey you posted here have this post in response
-Tier

In post 349, Nazarene wrote:I've found the case on gray to be particularly boring and based on misunderstandings more than anything, but I'll read it thoroughly now.
Thoughts on max? mantis? Heel while you're at it just gimme all your reads :)

In post 351, Nazarene wrote:Sooooo...I have read through a Scripten-Grayfoxxx-Sabbath ISO, focusing on the former two.
It seems the fundamental disconnect is to be blamed on......
-snip-
For this post:
-snip-
This is false! And causes all the confusion to follow. For instance this confusion, that I totally feel.
-snip-
Wait wait wait. How did what you said translate to what Scripten said???? "Greyfoxx's evaluation of tiershift seems to be clearly pointing a finger at Naz and linking him as scum with his bestest town read." I dont see it. So this really means "He said that your posts lean toward you trying to implicate me as your scum partner (Assuming you are scum) and said that my reaction and push back suggest my innocence." I call B.S. Someone else please give me some insight.[/i][/b]

and this, which is not confusion, but how matters truly have gone:
In post 288, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
Now you both are saying that quote somehow meant I was acting scummy, and trying to frame script as my partner. HOW HOW HOW

Hopefully having cleared confusion, I'll respond to this.
In post 292, Scripten wrote:
1) You said that if Naz flips scum, then you would suspect me as being their partner.

2) This is suspicious because you were town reading me, so you are simultaneously reading me as likely to be town and likely to be scum. That's really inconsistent and suggests that you may be scummy.

You somehow don't believe in associative reads on people you read as town. That's fine, but I do and max has already pointed out that he does as well. It's just a disclaimer: "
IF
Naz flips scum, I'm more likely to see scripten as scum as I see him now, because Naz's read on scripten looked fake." This doesn't mean: Naz and script are both scum. It just mean: I could see one as the partner of the other. It's not scummy to do this. It's just not.

Give my post a good read, scripten. Probably read it 3 times. And hopefully realise that what I pointed out is correct.

Also get totally ready to put me in your supaaarrr town category.

Focusing more on SoS now in this debate, getrekt.
-Tier[/quote]
In post 359, Nazarene wrote:Now gray, let them indeed reply.

Do you think they are scum together, pushing the same idea together? Who looks scummiest out of the two?

In post 384, Nazarene wrote:Gray can you please stop responding to scripten, since he is not listening, clearly.

Scripten, read my post 351. Now.
In post 367, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 151, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Uses meta way to strongly here. Makes me look at Script as poss. scum if Naz is scum.

Is NOT the same as
Greyfoxx is looking at Scripten as Nazarene's partner.

He only says 'makes me
look at
as
possible
scum' and '
if
Naz is scum'.
I even underlined the differences for you. Don't pretend they do not exist.
GF doesn't have any case on Scripten being scum except for one comment made Nazarene. And he still hasn't made any case on Scripten being scum except some OMGUS to being pressed on how the Sripten and Naz are connected in any other way.

He doesn't scumread scripten, so he doesn't need a case. He'll only reevaluate if I'm scum. Why'd you need a case for that?

In other news, I like the GF's response to my earlier question about the disconnect between what he chose to respond to, and the content in the posts.
something along the lines of "I can't help it if you think there's a disconnect" I think it's a pretty fair response, and I'm not going to press this matter further. There are too many misinterpretations at this point and most of them are probably based on my wordiness.

Are you just dropping one part of the accusation or the entire one?
-Tier

In post 389, Nazarene wrote:Egging on? I'm trying to fucking solve it, as you can see in 351. Read it, ffs.

I was reading Grayfoxxxx as scum for a while, since I couldn't see him genuinely misunderstanding me. With a reread, I can see where he would have been tripped up and we ended up butting heads, which is something I know I do a lot of, and almost exclusively with other townies.

I've found it helps to look at who's supporting each side and scan for scum in there.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #56) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Scripten »

I'll definitely admit that he looks like the scummiest.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #57) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Scripten »

And deadline is approaching fast. (I may not even be back by the time it passes.)

Meant to post those together. Hit the wrong button.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #58) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 451, GrayFoxxxx wrote:This isn't really alignment indicative, but it would make sense for a scum to act that.

:facepalm:

So you aren't scumreading me because it isn't alignment indicative, or you are because it is?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 454, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 453, Scripten wrote:
In post 451, GrayFoxxxx wrote:This isn't really alignment indicative, but it would make sense for a scum to act that.

:facepalm:

So you aren't scumreading me because it isn't alignment indicative, or you are because it is?

It doesn't make you auto scum, but I can't find a real reason a town would change stances after being so sure of themselves.

Because town likes to catch scum, not tunnel other town to mislynch.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”