Commonly Asked Questions on Mafia Theory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 97, reinoe wrote:OK this is something that has popped up twice now.

Some of you may have heard of something like "too scummy to be scum"(tstbs). While similar I've seen a phenomenon where someone will seem to hit "EVERYTHING THAT WILL TRIGGER SOMEONE'S SCUMDAR". Waffling on role claims, telling bald faced lies, voting for their townreads, not voting for their scumreads: just hitting every possible scumnote. And then upon their flip they turn out to be town.

I'm sure that this type of play has been around forever but maybe I'm just getting unlucky and everyone who wants to ping my scumdar is playing in my games of late? My ability to detect scum seems to be going straight to hell because distractions keep popping up.

What should I do when a player's actions just scream scum? Because I have the feeling that maybe there's an upswing of people playing up VI tendencies in order to slip through via "tstbs".

There is not one set standard for finding scum. It seems you had a set standard which worked in a small amount of games and then those standards failed in other games with different players. You should reevaluate what actions "scream scum" to you.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”