Revealing WHY you think someone is scum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Meh. If you expect other people to follow you, or if you want to be able to defend your actions later, it's often a good idea to give a reason or reasons eventually. Dosn't mean you have to do it right when you first cast the vote though, and there may be times when giving your reason is uncesseceary or not a good idea (just don't expect people to follow you without a reason, and don't be surprised if people want to question you).
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu May 31, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Simenon wrote:Occasionally, posting reasons ruins any possible reactions you could get because instead of reacting to the pressure, they simply reply to your points without any emotional response.
Right, which is why sometimes it's best to not post your reasons right away, or to only post some of your reasons right away.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh; I used to think vote-hopping was scummy, until I saw Baby Jesus demonstrate that intellegent hardcore votehopping with can be a great way to find scum. I've basically dropped it off my list of scum-tells now; move your vote around 20 times a day if you want to, that just makes it easier for me to figure out your motives.

Basically, asking for reasons is often a good idea, because otherwise it'd be too easy for scum to vote for whoever they wanted. But that dosn't mean that voting without reasons is always scummy. It all depends on what you want to do, and on what works.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Simenon wrote:Vote hopping makes sense as a scumtell in context.
Meh. Anything can be a scumtell in the right context. In general, though, I've found that scum are more concerned then townies about looking consistant with their suspicions and votes and such.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Adel wrote: Are there games on record where a normal townie successfully spoofs a power-role to draw the NK, not through fake-claim, but through subtle means such as having a strong opinion on a vote without good evidence? What other tactics might assist in that?
I basically did something like that in Comittee mafia; I wasn't a townie, I was a vig that had to kill every night, so I wanted the scum to kill me, as I thought my role might be a detrement to the town. I wasn't going to fake claim or actually lie, but I took bits of information I did have and implied that I got them from some tracker-ish ability, which was enough to get me nightkilled, while still giving the town useful information.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”