Yet Another Dance of the Title Fairy: Change Up

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3334 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Static Orange, lol i got a guilty lol jk, and "Metal Sonic" are all pretty fantastic lol. You can't give someone what they want, that robs them of the joy of an organically formed title by the masses due to chance, shenanigans, and the like. If you waltz in saying, "I want my title to be William Howard Taft, the greatest president who ever lived," well, tough cookies. I'd say you have to earn that shit, but that's not really how it goes.

Anywho, I'm team not the Blue Blur. THIS TITLE THREATENS THE SANCTITY OF ALL TITLE-HOOD.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3356 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 3344, FakeGod wrote:MS made an innocuous request.

There's no need to troll him.

It depends to what extent you mean "innocuous." Having titles dictated by the masses makes things less egocentric, and the titles convey more meaning and preserve memories that more people can enjoy than the owner. Naming myself "Chief Justice of the Walrus Court" or some such nonsense might be cool to me, but it does nothing but fluff my ego, really, and the rest of the community can't really enjoy it (and, at the end of the day, nor can I, because my title bears less meaning and lacks the quality of recalling fond memories with fellow players). Creating titles in this way (the way it generally is, it seems) allows things to be more down-to-earth. You can give someone a title based off of some blunder they had in a game and each party can have a good laugh at his expense. It becomes more humble at that point.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3479 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Klazam... Klazam, I'm gonna stop you right there.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3481 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Dance of the title fieire lol

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3487 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 3486, zoraster wrote:
In post 3478, Feirei wrote:
In post 3474, zoraster wrote:Is that allowed? I forget the Byzantine rules around the super serious titling method. Of not:

Nominate feirei for e before i

You're the one who butchered my name at least 20 times, 18 in a mish-mash thread in 2 posts.

I regret nothing.

I would be embarrassed if I butchered someone's name, dragged its corpse across the neighborhood, beat it into a pulp, then buried it in a remote part of Timbuktu, only to be found years later by a nomadic tribe that carved weapons out of its bones to perpetuate this kind of name-killing.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3519 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 3515, Metal Sonic wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm grateful for my new title, and I like it! :) I'd like to thank the scummers who have supported me by nominating, supporting, suggesting, and discussing my title in this thread.

These scummers include: N, Psyche, FakeGod, Marquis, Kublai Khan, Bicephalous Bob, zoraster, Faraday, Burning_Earth, AngryPidgeon, pieguyn, Formerfish, Nobody Special, InflatablePie, Klazam, phokdapolees, Rob13 and Scarab!

Thanks guys! :)

Wha-? I- Give me the real Metal Sonic back!

Or are you trying to pull something with your new title being in "sharp contrast"?

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Nth Glenn Peck

NOW LET THE SCIENCE COMMENCE!

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3677 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Just spitballing Aronis titles, just cuz:

Pun-flavored titles:
  • Aronly hope
    Rest in Pepparonis
    Erronis

Modified Greatest Idea-flavored titles:
  • Greatness, Modified
    Who are you to modify greatness?
    He's just the (modified) greatest.

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3680 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 3681, Guyett wrote:
Greatness, Aronisified?

Haha, that's pretty good.

Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 3679, Prof Fridays wrote:Just spitballing Aronis titles, just cuz:

Pun-flavored titles:
  • Aronly hope
    Rest in Pepparonis
    Erronis

Isn't there some semi-valid rule that they shouldn't be based on usernames?

BUT THEY'RE SO PUNNY. Srsly, how can you deny a whole field of wordplay comedy?

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3688 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

My avatar is a depiction of fancy-walrus-ized me, so, there's that. Whatever that's worth.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT ARONIS DAMMIT.

Nominate Aronis for Greatness, Aronisified
(credit: Guyett)

^^ That actually has legitimacy since he created Modified Greatest Mafia, and because, uhhh, he Aronisifies things.

I'll friggen Aronisify your bum.

THE LAB 4 is live!

Return to “Player Titles”