Metagaming

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue May 29, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote:*shrug* Lynch them for being a distraction/unhelpful
in that game
, not because they are always that way. One helps correct behavior (hopefully), the other is akin to stalking.
Agreed.

It is never a good stratagy (except, perhaps, as a page 1 random-ish vote) to attack someone just because you expect them to play badly. On the other hand, if someone is doing something specifically in this game that you think is hurting the town, then voting for them based on that is valid, although it still might not be the best move.

The goal should never be to get the player out of the game, it's to get the anti-town behavior out of the game, or to go after a player who you think is scum based on his anti-town behavior.

For example, still not naming names, there was one player who briefly decided to adopt a stratagy where every time he was a townie, he would claim townie day 1. It's a part of my stratagy that if someone claims townie without a good reason, I tend to be suspicious of them, and so I ended up voting for this player every single time he claimed townie; not because I thought it was a scum-tell in his case, and not because I had anything against him personally, but because it was anti-town behavior, and every pro-town player should try to deter other people in the game from doing and getting away with anti-town behavior.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”