Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oh good, the person I was going to vote for is dead. (Shiny)

Hi everyone!

I'll do another read through later armed with this information and come up with something useful. Cheers.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Oh good, the person I was going to vote for is dead. (Shiny)

Hi everyone!

I'll do another read through later armed with this information and come up with something useful. Cheers.

Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

BAD PHONE

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:34 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Octopus - I try to spell correctly even if I'm raging. I think that's a shaky tell.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

@Drew - you're the first person to ever comment on that and I've been on the forums sporadically for 6 years. Well done :D

Oh good, bjc is in this game, I remember. Sigh.

Today we were supposed to start cat-sitting (long-term) for a friend of ours. She was supposed to arrive 2 hours ago and hasn't yet, and my day has been on hold waiting for that. So the time I thought I'd have POST that has not materialised. My apologies to all. Tomorrow I will MAKE the time to do a thorough read, but I am going to need to sleep before I can write something satisfactory here.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

@Mod - V/LA til Thurs/Fri.
Half-year reporting in work means long days and I'm already sleep-deprived because stress.

Will attempt to check in when I can but I have another game close to deadline so that will come first.

Apols and thanks for understanding.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Happy to lynch lurkers for the time being. VOTE: theelkspeaks

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Ugh. VOTE: Boonskiies

Sorry but there's no way I can let you live if your defence for that is a semantic argument that "being scummy" and "thinking they are scum" are not the same thing. Semantics are exactly what I'd expect a scum player to resort to. Besides nothing else is happening so wagons roll.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 274, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 272, Fat_Tony wrote:Ugh. VOTE: Boonskiies

Sorry but there's no way I can let you live if your defence for that is a semantic argument that "being scummy" and "thinking they are scum" are not the same thing. Semantics are exactly what I'd expect a scum player to resort to. Besides nothing else is happening so wagons roll.
BASICALLY, what I am saying isn't a 'oh, i meant it this way!!' kind of thing. I literally didn't say those words. So using the semantics argument against me is null.
Boonskiies 59 wrote: I believe ILF and Shinobi are scum.
YOU SAID THESE WORDS.

This is absolutely a semantic argument on your part. I don't care if you were pairing the two, the fact is you "thought ILF (was) scum". You might not any more, and that's fine, but saying you never thought ILF was scummy is a lie unless you're using a semantic defence based around "is scummy" vs "is scum".

Choo fucking choo.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Broken quote and possible that I got the post number wrong +/-1 but phone posting so sue me

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

He's at L-1? Funny how that happened and nobody got told. Hey Octopus, hoping for a fast lynch?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

(Had I noticed this, I would have unvoted btw)

Theory - exactly one of Octopus and Boon is scum. If I ever get chance to reread d1 I'll work out who.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

I fail to see how you don't see that that is a semantic argument. I guess we are just not going to agree on this.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Situation - wait, first; UNVOTE:

Situation - bjc is behaving actively anti-town, will never get NK'd unless there's a vig, and even then seems just as likely to flip town as scum because his play is always this horrible from what I read about him.

You know what? I actually believe Boon is town. Sort of. I believe he COULD be town. I've unvoted. Drew, if you still want to vote for Boon, there's your chance. I have no intention of pushing anyone to L-1 with so long left before deadline, barring a solid scumslip.

If we can't find consensus pre-DL, bjc is assuredly the best last-minute lynch. He is either least valuable townie or scum - so we either win, or lose as little as possible. We should bear this in mind if the day goes late.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

I was going to say.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 337, Octopus wrote:
In post 296, Grib wrote:@Octopus

Yes. One vote. I'm trying to be careful about other people hammering. We have so much to discuss, no?
Ok, just curious as to whether it was a time limited ability..
In post 298, Boonskiies wrote:If I get lynched today, and flip town, might I add, scum will get another kill in the night,
and there's either a Vig or an SK in this game, as two people died in the night last night.
I die, I flip town. Then scum kills a town member. that leaves the vote count 3 scum, 4 town. BUT WAIT!!!!!!! There's another night kill happening. If that last night kill goes wrong, that's 3 scum, to 3 town, and game over.
So you didn't bother to find out what a Hider does, or maybe you just didn't care?

Ok there is a slim possibility of there being a vig or sk, but it's unlikely given what we know.
In post 283, massive wrote: (not to mention #73 now reads A LOT like ILF coaching Boon)
post 200 looks a lot like you coaching ILF, just sayin'.

In other news, I really don't understand why people come onto this board to play this game but spend game days going "I have no reads" or "I'm better after a lynch" and not participating. What's the point of even playing then?
QFT

To be honest though I'm now less inclined towards ILF/TT being scum. TT's posts are looking good at this point, it may have been ILF's level of play that was ringing bells, but that said I don't like this.
In post 308, Tattletale wrote: bjc also needs to claim NOW after that #YOLO hammer. I do not abide soft claims.
Asking for an unforced claim is more helpful to scum than town, IMHO.
In post 287, theelkspeaks wrote:Tattletales, willing to comment on your predecessor's play?
I don't like this.
In post 284, Boonskiies wrote: God fucking damn. How many times do I have to say? I can think people are scum without thinking they're scummy. Now I'm thinking Fat/Octopus are scum buddies for lack of paying attention to what people are actually saying, and just wanting the lynch. Puts me at L-1. Pfft.
In post 300, Boonskiies wrote:Fat Tony and Bjc are my scum reads. If I was scum, I would have tried to make a wagon on one of my scum brethren to try and get a lynch on them, and then it would seemingly clear my name. I even have done that in one of my most recent games.
How come I fell off your scumdar?
I didn't post anything between, what changed your mind?
In post 325, Grib wrote:@massive

Oh, I don't know about that. I'd say Hiding with possible scum to out them is
definitely
worth trading your life for. Hiding with a townread is useless, unless they turn out to be scum.

I highly doubt Shinobi chose to Hide with shinyskarmory, which means Shinobi Hid with scum. Based on Shinobi's post, the FoS falls heavily on you.
How would it out the scum? An NK is an information barrier, without
a priori
knowledge of who the hider's target was then the reason for their death can only be speculation, it's equally as probable that they targeted the NK as they did scum.

Without knowing Shinobi's motivation in hiding, you really can't say who he would have targeted, if he chose to hide for his own survival then I would have listed shinysk as a good choice, from his participation I wouldn't have thought he would be a particularly likely NK target. Then again, why would Shinobi have thought he would be targeted?
In post 331, Tattletale wrote: By the way, today may not be the day for this, but the double hammer that was discussed D1 may be worth doing at some point. It effectively gives the town an extra lynch. It has to be done on a day with an odd number of players, and the later we wait the more likely it is Grib will be shot (if town).
This would be hard to pull off with "the jolly hammerer" in town.

In post 281, Fat_Tony wrote:(Had I noticed this, I would have unvoted btw)

Theory - exactly one of Octopus and Boon is scum. If I ever get chance to reread d1 I'll work out who.
You now think that Boon is town?
In 333: I say I think he COULD be town. I can see a world in which that is the case. I need to read through to ascertain if this is indeed that world.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

@Grib - I am on board with this. No sense QLing here but I'm happy to vote massive as soon as I can see a clear VC.

@theelkspeaks - so you're scum too? Lovely. You're right about bjc but I don't think it will come to that.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

VOTE: Boonskiies

For comedy, you understand.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

I can get behind a Boonskiies lynch more easily than a massive lynch. I'm back to choo choo.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Annoying for sure. Town... Who knows.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Grib - do we know for sure that double hammering will work? Are your votes placed simultaneously or would the person who was voted first be lynched before the second? Probably important for us to verify that.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Boon is 100% certified scum. How to set up someone for a misylnch for dummies right there.

Kill it with fire.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Answer: my predecessor was apparently a douchebag and I'm not. As much. Or at least in the same way.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the double lynch. But I want boon deader than a dead dead thing that recently died. You're saying my slot is scummy? Have you even seen your own play?

Beh, fuck it anyway. This game is the drizzling shits. Can we kill boon already and just not worry about this fancy-shmancy double lynch business (especially since boon is no longer on the massive wagon) ? Gloating about staying alive is not a townie move.

I would rather lynch elk than massive if we are not taking boon to that lovely comfortable-looking rope.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Somehow managed to miss that gem of a claim from massive. Ha.

Well, look. Plainly this double hammer nonsense isn't going to happen because boon values living much too highly. Grib et al - should I move my vote across?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Somehow managed to miss that gem of a claim from massive. Ha.

Well, look. Plainly this double hammer nonsense isn't going to happen because boon values living much too highly. Grib et al - should I move my vote across?

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:07 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Picking up prod. Apologies, been super busy.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Because this game is the drizzling shits. Also because, as I said in that other post, I had a few minutes and clearly used all that time writing that wall in that thread.

My current view on this game? The fact we are in LyLo (as far as we know) means that we can't afford to fuck up. I want Octopus or Tattle dead depending on whether Octopus is town or scum. I have a hunch he's the latter. But I don't want to vote on a hunch at an important time like this.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

In post 498, Tattletale wrote:
In post 496, Octopus wrote:@Tattletale. No, I received it between you and your scumbuddies submitting your NK and the start of the day, as you well know. Ah, I remember those days well, back when I was hopeful that the town would participate in tracking down scum, and when I hadn't had time to think through the implications of your scumness, or my strategy for releasing the information. The long summer nights of believing Boon to be scum. [/nostalgia]

It must have taken a great deal of time to think through the implications of a PM saying 'Tattletale is mafia'

I can see how your immediate instinct upon receiving such a PM would be to vote Boonskiies. After all it is not as though I, allegedly confirmed mafia from your point of view, suggested a double lynch on him yesterday.

I also don't understand why tattle would be your choice of investigation.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Boon, re read the post. He is saying he is more inclined to lynch tattle than the claimed JOAT.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Cripes. Nice work town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”