Standardized Rules and Role PMs (Open Games)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon May 07, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by superstring91 »

this is going into sitewide standardization. which i am NOT a fan of. the idea of an open game is that all roles are made public right? i think a base set of rules is ok. but the mod should be able to slightly modify them if he/she feels fit. but as far as rules around here go, most are very similar, as new mods take them from old mods [for the most part].

as far as standard role PMs go, i think that is a very bad thing. perhaps some suggested PMs for inexperienced mods, but forcing people to standardize is bad.
We've got him now! There's no escape from the airport!

superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon May 07, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by superstring91 »

Thesp wrote:
superstring91 wrote:this is going into sitewide standardization. which i am NOT a fan of. the idea of an open game is that all roles are made public right? i think a base set of rules is ok. but the mod should be able to slightly modify them if he/she feels fit. but as far as rules around here go, most are very similar, as new mods take them from old mods [for the most part].

as far as standard role PMs go, i think that is a very bad thing. perhaps some suggested PMs for inexperienced mods, but forcing people to standardize is bad.
I'm only conceiving of standard role PMs as being
necessary
for Open Games, which are supposed to be standard anyway, and only available as a tool for anyone else that wants to use them. They wouldn't be forced upon anyone doing Mini Normals, Large Normals, or any sort of theme game.
i suppose i should really check out the definition of an open game. as far as i know, it just means that all roles are published.

as for the standardization leaking into minis and normals, before the server switch, there was some policy discussion wherre standardization was a big deal. i, as you can see, want minimal standardization [if any]

superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by superstring91 »

DaveMcW wrote:With a bit more standardization, we can have a bot do the modding. ;)
i sincerely hope this was a joke. and theres already a bot that does that. its more of a scumchat adaptaion.

if you check out the policy discussio threads, youll see that i am anti-standard.

i am in complete favor of mod creativity. also modding and creating the game is fun.

all the games would be mechanical. cold. heartless.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”