Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:46 am

Post by Mert »

Vote: Mariyta
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by Mert »

A couple of people have yet to have checked in - are you all just hanging out at the beach or something?

I'm interested in Panzer's "not so random" vote at the moment as well, to be honest.
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Mert »

Hi All,

Just to let you know, I'm going to be away from a computer after today until Monday evening (British time) so won't be able to post for the next few days. I will catch up upon my return and post opinions and answer questions directed at me then. If I need to be replaced as a result, then I'll completely understand, but if you can keep me in for that period of time then I'd be extremely grateful.

I'm posting this in all my games that are in the day phase.

Thanks,

Martyn
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #3) » Wed May 02, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Mert »

Lawrencelot wrote:My suspicion goes to...
(snip)
mert and mariyta, who don't post much content.
You must have missed the bit where I said I was away. I only got back yesterday and have been trying to catch up.
Lawrencelot wrote:Topics that don't need that much attention in my opinion: whether IH recieved his pm or not, he is posting now so it doesn't matter.
Erm, it was only you and Panzer that seemed interested to begin with, if memory serves.

You see, the best thing is that you have loads of posts saying "lurker hunting is wrong" but your posts don't appear to have much content that doesn't involve lurkers in some way.

Post 38
- "Lets vote for lurkers"
Post 48
- "I don't trust IH, the crash has been over for ages"
Post 67
- "Lynching lurkers bad, voting lurkers good"
Post 70
- "You didn't say why you were lurking like the others did"
Post 86
- "Let's stop the lurker conversation; here're some lurkers I don't like"

You've made eight posts in this game in total. One was a random vote, one was a slight addendum via-EBWOP, one was a question and the remaining five were about lurkers in some way or another.

Seems to me like you're lurking in plain sight, a far worse crime than your garden-variety lurking.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Wed May 02, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Mert »

Actually,
Unvote, Vote: Lawrencelot
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Wed May 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Mert »

Panzer, what happened since your [91] that changed your mind on Logicticus having "earned it"? What was the proverbial hat that dropped?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Wed May 09, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Mert »

Mariyta wrote:Anyway, 2 mafia groups, made of 2 each? Two kills Night One, one kill Night 2. So either no SK, unlucky SK, or quiet SK... Thoughts?
Obviously at least two groups (unlikely to be more than two, obv), probably each of two members I'd have thought.

On the number of kills, there was certainly
potential
for two kills on N2:

Night One - two kills. One member of "Internet Mafia" killed.
Day One - one lynch. One member of "High School Mafia" lynched.

By my calculation that means that there was one member of each group alive going into Night Two. Obviously there are a number of possible reasons why one kill didn't go through, but I'd be inclined to, at least for the time being, believe there not to be an SK.

One thing that is still intriguing me is the role of "paranoid converter". Someone suggested it could be a cult leader, which would probably reduce the chances of an SK presence even further, but the list of living players is listed as "the paranoid" so I'm not entirely sure what the role was that was killed off Night One... any theories?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Thu May 10, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Mert »

Vote: Panzerjager
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Sat May 12, 2007 2:04 am

Post by Mert »

Or: "Indeed, I should have remembered which townie I was voting for... I get so confused, with there being so many of them."

Still happy with where my vote is...
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Sun May 13, 2007 12:12 am

Post by Mert »

Unvote
while I contemplate the meaning of Panzer's self-vote. If I find the action to be indicative of anything suspicious then I will get back on, but I want to not have him at L-1 while I do so...
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Sun May 13, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Mert »

Panzerjager wrote:so since i figured I'd eventually die I'd move the game forward and lend the information of Mert is dirty scum to the town.
Sorry, how does your claim relate to you knowing my alignment? Or is this just something you're putting out there as your opinion?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #11) » Sun May 13, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Mert »

In that case, reasons?

In other news, I
really
wish I was at the beach in the sunshine - this crappy weather here is starting to bug me. [/off-topic]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #12) » Mon May 14, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Mert »

Vote: Panzerjager

I'd like you claim more fully by answering the following questions:
  • What
    exactly
    happens when protecting yourself? You originally claimed that you were permitted to do so but then later said that it did nothing. Please clarify what the action of protecting yourself achieves.

• What is the name of your character?

• Do you have a post restriction? If so, what is it and please point out all posts where this restriction has been implemented.

• Is there a restriction on the number of times you can protect yourself or can you do so in perpetuity?
My vote puts you at L-1. I have a few theories about your self-vote, which mean I'd prefer for somebody not to hammer just yet as most of them could be bad for the town in one way or another.
  • You could be a jester-type role.
  • You could be a bomb / kami-type role.
  • You could be lynch-immune.
  • You could be an SK with one of the abilities above.
  • You could know yourself not to be the last scum, so you're trying to end the day early.
I don't buy your claim as a protown role
at all
but the above scenarios are worrying me slightly. I'd like the other players to weigh in on the above suggestions before anybody hammers. Similarly, if Panzer unvotes, I'd suggest not immediately putting him at L-1 again in case he tries to self-hammah.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Sat May 19, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Mert »

I'm still happy with Panzer's lynch today - I don't find enough in his claim that I can truly believe - the self-selection thing particularly seems weird. Of course, people who have played / read a Freaktown game before seem to be indicating that it's more normal than it might seem...

I do have a way to check one smaller part of his claim for authenticity, so if he does live through today then I will have at least some information for this town tomorrow. Not enough for me to say I don't think it's best to lynch him, however.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Mon May 21, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Mert »

Friendly reminder that deadline is tomorrow, people...
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Mert »

scotmany12 wrote:After skimming through day 2, Mert jumps out at me a little bit. He has been lurking in plain sight, which I dislike greatly.
How so? If you mean my lower post count during the first day, this can be partly explained by my being away from a computer for several days during it. If you mean more generally, I'd appreciate a fuller explaination.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #16) » Mon May 21, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Mert »

I disagree.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #17) » Sat May 26, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by Mert »

I'm starting to wonder if the Paranoid Converter was a psychiatrist-type role.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Wed May 30, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Mert »

One thing that confuses me is the lack of nightkills. Each night has seemed to be one short if we have two scum groups
and
an SK.
  • Night One
    - two deaths (2 scum groups and 1 SK alive): Jack (Paranoid Converter), Vel-Rahn Koon (Internet Mafia)
  • Night Two
    - one death (2 scum groups and 1 SK alive, 1 scum group wiped out by night end): Metatron (Internet Mafia)
  • Night Three
    - one death (1 scum group and 1 SK alive, 1 scum group wiped out by night end): BillyTwilight (High School Mafia)
It seems to me that players "run over by a car" are the ones killed by an SK, so it begs the question of why nobody was run over on Night Two. If anybody roleblocked somebody (or similar action that would block) on Night Two then it is quite possible that you know who the SK might be (or can at least narrow it down).
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #19) » Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Mert »

Of course, all of those things you suggest could be true, IH. My point was that if somebody
does
have a protown blocking role then they could hold some very important information for us, possibly without even realising the extent of how important it is.

I wasn't suggesting that I believed it to definitely be the case that we have a roleblocker.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #20) » Thu May 31, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Mert »

IH wrote:(Also, you joined exactly a day before me) <.<;;
I would have joined the exact same day but I went and hung out at the beach instead, delaying it by a day.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Mert »

IH wrote:Mert, a day before. THat means it would have been two days had ou done that <.<;;;
To be fair, I didn't go to the beach at all, it was all pure fabrication. ZOMG LYNCH ALL TEH LYERS!!!1

Anyway, IH, was your post 247 intended to give reasons that Logi might be scum, or is this NAR's interpretation?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Mert »

Mariyta wrote:Oi. This day went by too fast.
QFT!

Mariyta, I support you claiming if it will help in the way you say it does, for the record.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Mert »

Yes absolutely. I personally support it but wouldn't want you to claim prior to at least a few more people checking in.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Mert »

I'm actually starting to lean toward a mass claim at the moment. We only have an SK to find from what I can tell so we have some flexibility if we do end up mislynching.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:53 am

Post by Mert »

Sounds good to me, though I don't mind going earlier if there's dispute over the issue.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Mert »

I am McKenna (aka Loveisadress, apparently?) and I am basically a vanilla townie except that each night I can ask if two players are my friends and I am looking for Megan and Katie. If I can find both of them then I gain the ability to speak with them at night, though I won't be informed of their alignment.

My choices for Night One were lost in the crash, but I know one of them was definitely IH. I can ask the mod to re-send my choices if anybody is interested to know who the other person was... Now I think about it, I have a vague feeling it might have been Mariyta, which is a little embarassing as I asked if she was my friend last night too :oops:

On Night Two, I was unable to send a choice as I had only made six of the required seven posts during the day and so was denied my night action.

On Night Three, I asked if Mariyta or NAR were my friends and neither of them were.

TL;DR version: I can look for friends to allow me to become unconfirmed-alignment masons with them. I'm really rubbish at finding my friends and have found precicely none of them to date.

I must also mention the beach at least once per day.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Mert »

Vote: Now A Ranger
, incidentally. Nobody has claimed vig, so we cannot avoid his claimed kami power unless he's not the SK and the SK plays ball.

NAR, you said your kami power wouldn't work if you're targetted by "Alex". Do you mean if she night-targets you or if she's on your wagon or if she hammers or what? If this is ambiguous, could you ask the mod if he can clarify?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”