Micro 329: Antihero UPick [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

So bodyguard is functionally useless as a scum role, and GG was pushing varsoon pretty hard yesterday. So the most likely scenario is that scum killed GG because they were conftown and had the only remaining unknown role, and blocked me.

kaboom, claim your action please.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by kabooooom »

I don't understand your and beli's power and their use.
Nothing to see here, move on! :P
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Belisarius »

You don't understand a tracker?

Mine's one I've not seen in Mafia before. I was just told how many night actions were submitted the night that I used mine.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 6:15 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 302, Belisarius wrote:You don't understand a tracker?

Mine's one I've not seen in Mafia before. I was just told how many night actions were submitted the night that I used mine.
i know what a tracker is. But i don't get his post 298 and i don't understand your power.
btw, i guess my power is not from mafia either. All i can know is what actions were performed on a particular player.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Belisarius »

#298 was referring to the difference between the N1 report on GG ("Went nowhere") and last night's report on me ("No result").

My ability isn't hard to understand, although how to apply it is. I PM'd the mod at night saying I wanted to use my ability, and my result was "5 actions."

(Well, four, at first, but then he clarified that it was 5 counting mine)

I'm not sure how a tracker would have been advised if I'd been tracked the night I used my ability, though. Maybe "visited everybody?"
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I found the FUD.

I realised while I was eating dinner just now that there was a big massive problem with my thought process from yesterday: I was treating LC as confTown because kaboom had confirmed the accuracy of his tracker result. Problem is, that doesn't mean confirmed town, that means confirmed
tracker
, and that's not the same thing, and I should have realised it sooner for two reasons:

1) I was just part of a review process where it was suggested that the scum be given a tracker instead of a rolecop to help them find Town PRs (I can't remember which game it is, but I think it's probably one that hasn't started, so even if I find it, I can't link the QT. It might even be one of mine, in which case it definitely hasn't started because the only reviewed game I've run was JCM)
2) Cabd pwned me with a similar trick in Cephrir's A Memory of Light

Here's where the FUD came in: LC seized control of the town yesterday with a plan. The only flaw in that plan is that it wouldn't work if I were a roleblocker. Thus was the seed of fear planted.

What happens today? LC claims to have been roleblocked, reinforcing the FUD instantiated yesterday.

I went nowhere last night. If I were tracked, I should be confTown right now. By claiming to be roleblocked, LC is keeping his options open to vote either of the other players should the opportunity arise. Depending on gamestate, he can try to kill either of us.

The original plan was to lynch kaboom yesterday, and Varsoon or I today. I fell for it and would have gone along with it quite cheerfully, unless I was designated as the 3p lylo lynch. As a scum plan, it would have worked flawlessly.

If I'm right, that play is worth 1,000 Magnificent Bastard points. It's very Seventh Doctor.

There's only one reason I'm not voting right now, and it's as follows:
In post 297, kabooooom wrote:Yeah, i have a surprise for both you as well.
Gimme surprise. Is it candy? I love candy.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Lying Cat »

That's cool, but it fails the razor and the balance test. It would really be a sweet scumplan though.

I'm super busy at work so i'll be back later to explain in depth.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

My post 297 was just a precaution, so scum cannot claim his result using my result.
also who are the heads of LC?
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 11:56 am

Post by kabooooom »

Also,
sorry beli but can you explain your role in detail. Im not able to understand it. Also when you used it and result. Same goes for LC.
and LC, you tracked me to majify on n2, so why didn't you track me last night? Why GG?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Belisarius »

What I've explained is all there is to it. I had a one-time night ability that told me how many night actions were carried out the same night; I used it Night 2 and got a result of five night actions.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by kabooooom »

Yes. I found that post when i was re-reading.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Belisarius »

Back to this, then:
In post 306, Lying Cat wrote:That's cool, but it fails the razor and the balance test
Both stipulations rejected.

The razor: Night 3 there is a claimed roleblock. Nights 1 and 2 there are not. Simplest explanation: There is no roleblocker and the claimant is lying.
The razor doesn't apply to the alignment of the tracker role. It can be and has been assigned to both alignments.

Balance: How the fuck is that unbalanced? it's a role madness game!
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 am

Post by kabooooom »

Lc?
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 307, kabooooom wrote: also who are the heads of LC?
Sthar8 and Jingle
In post 308, kabooooom wrote:LC, you tracked me to majify on n2, so why didn't you track me last night? Why GG?
We targetted GG on n1 because AP was townblocking, and I have enough respect for his scumgame not to let him manipulate me like that. Plus, if we had been able to confirm a few of his block, it would have won the game for town.

We tracked you on n2 because you were a universal scumread of our townreads. Easy as pie. Then you walked to the kill and I was 100% sure you were scum until this discussion with Beli.

Last night, we tracked beli for two reasons:

1. Beli's claimed role does not target. If we got a result on him it would have been a 100% guilty. We also discussed the possibility that scum might no-kill. That would have been a major risk with GG's role unknown, unless they could block GG. Which would mean that our action would resolve. We knew that you had a targeting action of some kind, but we had no such confirmation from beli.
2. it was fewer keystrokes to send in the beli track.
In post 311, Belisarius wrote: The razor: Night 3 there is a claimed roleblock. Nights 1 and 2 there are not. Simplest explanation: There is no roleblocker and the claimant is lying.
If I had been scum I would have claimed a guilty on kabooom and suggested that AP copied varsoon's power and protected me, dying in the process. Instead, I truthfully pointed out that it was very unlikely that this was the case. Why would I drag this out when I could have just claimed a guilty and been done? You already pointed out how strongly you were townreading me; it would have been the simplest and easiest play as scum, with the fewest chances for complication.

Also, most of the town would not have noticed if they had been blocked. On night 1, Majiffy and aronis had no night action, varsoon obviously didn't protect bert and if you're telling the truth, you didn't use your shot. Same with kabooom. Night 2, Varsoon forgot to send his action and we don't know how the results of GG's are reported. In fact, the only three people who ever
could
have reported being blocked are you, me, and kabooom. And one of us is LYING. The simplest explanation is in fact that last night was the only night where there was any decent probability that town would even notice a block being used.

In post 311, Belisarius wrote: Balance: How the fuck is that unbalanced? it's a role madness game!
Role madness means swingy, not unbalanced.
Go look again. In the flipped roles, we have the ability to make four people unkillable for a night, with all of those roles being obviously town. And if I'm a scum tracker, scum had NO WAY TO INTERACT WITH THOSE ACTIONS. The game would have been solvable by mass claim on day 1. That's not swingy, its straight up broken.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 313, Lying Cat wrote:Go look again. In the flipped roles, we have the ability to make four people unkillable for a night, with all of those roles being obviously town. And if I'm a scum tracker, scum had NO WAY TO INTERACT WITH THOSE ACTIONS. The game would have been solvable by mass claim on day 1. That's not swingy, its straight up broken.
I hadn't thought of that. Point conceded.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

Soooooo. :shifty: Anyone else really underwhelmed by the surprise we were promised?

Anytime now kabooom.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by kabooooom »

In post 307, kabooooom wrote:My post 297 was just a precaution, so scum cannot claim his result using my result.
also who are the heads of LC?
^this. But i realised just now that, it was useless.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Belisarius »

I doubt there are any game-changers forthcoming, and somebody's got to stretch their neck out.

VOTE: kabooooom

It looks pretty clear; LC's a confirmed tracker, they tracked you to the N2 kill, and their point about the game being broken by massclaim if they're a scum tracker is solid.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Lying Cat »

VOTE: kabooom

:shifty:
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Antihero »

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day.

-The Simpsons

Final Vote Count of Day 4

:right:
kabooooom - 2 (Belisarius, Lying Cat)

Not Voting: kabooooom
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Antihero »

kabooooom - Town 2-shot Voyeur - has been lynched!

The Mafia - Lying Cat and Guyett - have won the game!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Antihero »

God, I'm only going to ask you this one last time: Don't let this child die. Has he sinned against you? He can't have sinned against you. He's not even had a life yet. How can you take him and let me live? After all I've done... really, if you want someone to suffer, take me. We both know I deserve it. Selfish and weak. I have failed so many people. And I have killed. I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I'm just asking that you spare the life of this innocent child. Don't take him, take me. Take me, please.

Antihero: Gaius Balter
Alignment:
Town

Role: Role Replicator

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE EXPERT
: One-shot. At night, you may target a dead town-aligned player. You will then inherit their ability.

Win condition
: You win when all mafia aligned players are dead.
The day my father Odin banished me from Asgard, I was bitten by a vampire and had radioactive waste dumped into my eyes. To make matters worse, my mutant ability to control weather activated just as I was hit by a blast of gamma radiation. Nah, actually, I got this way by volunteering for the Weapon X program. They promised to cure my cancer. And they cured it all right, by giving me an outrageous healing factor. Then they labeled me psychotic and tossed me into a prison lab. So I escaped and became what some people might call a 'mercenary'. I prefer the title 'cleaner of the gene pool'. And I've made a lot of good friends along the way: like Arcade. He's always sending me to his amusement park.

Antihero: Deadpool

Alignment:
Town

Role: Bulletproof

REGENERATIVE HEALING FACTOR
: One-shot. The first attempt on your life, excluding lynches, will fail.

Win condition
I just want to know how long I've been napping. Nothing important.

Antihero: Geist

Alignment:
Town

Role: Bodyguard

MOST DANGEROUS SOLDIER
: At night you may target a player to protect. All kill attempts on your target will be redirected to you.

Win condition
Grayson Burrows was a Terran privateer who operated around Gemini Sector during the final years of the Terran-Kilrathi War.
Operating on both sides of the law, Burrows started his career as a privateer using an old Tarsus ship inherited from his grandfather.
Following an encounter with pirates in the Troy system, one of his stray missiles hit an ancient Steltek drone, awakening it from dormancy and causing it to wreak havoc within the sector.
Burrows later hired himself to a New Detroit fixer named Sandoval. Being paid a mere 5,000 credits, Sandoval gave Burrows an alien artifact as a forward payment. Before the mission was completed, Sandoval was murdered and a lady named Tayla offered to keep Burrows out of trouble with the law, in return of running some errands for the pirates. Working for Tayla, Burrows smuggled Brilliance while getting involved in some skirmishes with the InSys militia.
Afterward, Burrows was directed to work with Roman Lynch, the leader of Gemini's organized crime network. Working for Lynch, Burrows was promised information regarding his artifact, but Lynch betrayed Burrows by sending his henchman Miggs to attack him.
After evading Lynch's forces, Burrows decided to seek information on the artefact himself, and Burrows travelled to the Oxford Library in Oxford System. The information he discovered there led him to the Palan blockade, then scouting new jump lines for the Exploratory Services, and finally to landing on a derelict Steltek base. There he salvaged a Steltek weapon from a ruined fighter, and soon found himself being chased by the Steltek drone.
Approached by Sandra Goodin of the Terran Confederation Navy, Burrows went to Perry Naval Base and met Admiral Terrell. Terrell requested Burrows' assistance in destroying the alien ship that had been following Burrows throughout Gemini by acting as bait for the combined Confederation forces in the sector.
During this mission, Burrows become one of the few humans to make direct contact with the enigmatic Steltek race. In exchange for information on where Burrows obtained his Steltek gun, the Steltek agreed to boost the power of his gun in order to destroy the Steltek drone.
In 2669/2670, the Steltek gun was stolen by Mordecai Jones, the new leader of the Church of Man. He was killed by Burrows near the uncharted planet of Eden and the gun was recovered.
By the year 2700, Burrows is still active as a mercenary and a wanted man. He still possesses the Steltek gun he recovered from the derelict Steltek base.

Antihero: Grayson Burrows

Alignment:
Town

Role: Census-Taker

UNDERWORLD CONNECTIONS
: One-shot. At night, you may activate your ability. You will then learn how many actions were taken that night.

Win condition
We've been shooting so many rounds for so many years, at all these bandits, all these militias, we're running low. We're gonna have to ration. Or start using swords. We'll be like pirates.

Antihero: Sebastian Monroe

Alignment:
Town

Role: Double Voter

CHARISMATIC LEADER
: You will command two votes.

Win condition
My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and kill a certain someone.

Antihero: Sasuke Uchicha

Alignment:
Town

Role: Voyeur

MASTER NINJA
: Two-shot. At night, you may target a player. You will then be told what type of actions were used on that player [PROTECTIVE, INVESTIGATIVE, KILLING, MISC.].

Win condition
That was the turning point. Since that day, I've lived a lie: The lie of living. My name, too, was a lie. My personal history, a lie. Nothing but lies. I was sick to death of a world that couldn't be changed. But even in my lies, I refused to give up in despair. But now, this incredible power, it's mine.

Antihero: Lelouch Lamperouge

Alignment:
Town

Role: Delayer

GEASS
: One-shot. At night, you may target a player. Any action that player takes that night will be resolved the following night.

Win condition
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Antihero »

No, it gives me joy to kill people. Killing's the sweetest thing there is.

Antihero: Sandor Clegane

Alignment:
Mafia

Partner: Lying Cat

Role: Lynch Resistant

STRONGEST WARRIOR
: One-shot. During the day, you may activate this ability and it will take an extra vote to lynch you. You may only use this ability outside of MYLO/LYLO situations. I'll inform you if it's a MYLO/LYLO situation.
DAYTALK
: You may talk in this private topic any time:

Win condition
What kind of assholes bring a kid into worlds like these?

Antihero: The Will

Alignment:
Mafia

Partner: Guyett

Role: Tracker

LEGENDARY BOUNTY HUNTER
: Two-shot. At night, you may target a player and learn who they targeted that night.
DAYTALK
: You may talk in this private topic any time:

Win condition
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:34 am

Post by Antihero »

Night 1

Belisarius - No Action
Perpetual Nonsense - Delay Belisarius (success, no effect)
Varsoon - Guard guilty gunsmith (success, no effect)
Guilty gunsmith - No action
Lying Cat - Kill Perpetual Nonsense (success) and track guilty gunsmith (success, he went nowhere)
kabooooom - No Action

Night 2

Belisarius - Use action (success, 5 actions)
Guilty Gunsmith - Target Perpetual Nonsense (success)
kabooooom - Watch Majiffy (success, KILLING)
Lying Cat - Kill Majiffy (success) and track kabooooom (success, he visited majiffy)
Varsoon - No action

Night 3

kabooooom - Watch self (success, nothing)
Lying Cat - Kill Guilty Gunsmith (success)
Guilty Gunsmith - Delay Belisarius (success, no effect)
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Bert »

Good game

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”