Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Accuse DOS
because
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I've got Mrs. White, in the Panty, with a polish sausage.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
unaccuse

Let's hear from Ectomancer! Name claiming this early is indeed baaaaaad...

suspect ectomancer
Who said I claimed?

unaccuse, accuse chaotic_diablo
for jumping on a joke. Mrs. White in the
panty
with a
polish sausage
. Hello?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Fri May 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:I think Ectomancer's post was overdefensive. Quite an aggressive counter againt a fos. Even with the exaggerated and repeated letters in one word, he failed to catch the looseness of the accusation and tried to exaggerate the action as a "jump" and falsely accused me of "failing to catch the joke".
Blah blah blah. I realize you are trying to stir up conversation in a very slow thread here, so whatever.But if there is anything we should look at, it is your claim that "you didnt notice" al_ko's post that was only 2 before mine and made
3 days before
. You are trying to say that you aren't actually reading the thread, but are making replies anyhow? I dont find that to be a town tell, more of a lazy scum one.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:50 am

Post by Ectomancer »

al_kohaulec wrote:CD has been scummiest in this game so far. Of course, there's also little else to go on, but
unaccuse, accuse: CD
CD is just trying to stir up a lagging game.
unvote, vote: al_kohaulec
for attacking CD instead of helping him put pressure on me.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP

unaccuse, accuse: al_kohaulec

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Tue May 15, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

al_kohaulec wrote:So.. your voting me for not attacking you?
Exactly.

BM always reads scummy.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Tue May 22, 2007 11:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I was hoping for a vote count myself. There is stirring conversation, and then there is pressure that can result in a bad move for town.

unaccuse, accuse TCS
for badgering the easily pressured BM until he claimed.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Thu May 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Did TCS get tired of the clue games?

unaccuse, accuse: TCS

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

We have a vote count? I think Im voting TCS.

al_ko, Mr Body is dead N0. That leaves one more.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:55 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
The 36 hours without posts vote count!

MrBuddyLee
- (Cogito Ergo Sum, Battle Mage)

Ectomancer, how can you be voting TCS? You all lynched him Day 1.

Please pick up the posting, this is ridiculous. If you are going to be away, please pm me to let me know. Otherwise, this lack of posting is unexcusable.
Can we not lynch the dead body again? At least drag it through the streets?

vote CES
What makes you believe the soup could have been useful? If MBL is town and drank poison soup, wouldnt that be a bad thing? And afterwards, it's not as if we will have another opportunity to eat the soup, or use it at all for that matter.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:wow thats a lot of speculation.

1. What makes you think the soup was poisoned? It could have given some sort of immunity. of course, your assumption that MBL is town is also a big leap imo.

2. Who says there wont be more soup? if it is a power-role of some kind, i expect it will be offered again tomorrow, although maybe to someone else.

BM

Ectomancer wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
The 36 hours without posts vote count!

MrBuddyLee
- (Cogito Ergo Sum, Battle Mage)

Ectomancer, how can you be voting TCS? You all lynched him Day 1.

Please pick up the posting, this is ridiculous. If you are going to be away, please pm me to let me know. Otherwise, this lack of posting is unexcusable.
Can we not lynch the dead body again? At least drag it through the streets?

vote CES
What makes you believe the soup could have been useful? If MBL is town and drank poison soup, wouldnt that be a bad thing? And afterwards, it's not as if we will have another opportunity to eat the soup, or use it at all for that matter.
Talk about speculation.....
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:I don't really understand the significance of this soup thing.
Exactly. I dont see why they are up in MBL's case about pitching some unknown random variable in the game. (so far as we know)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

dahen wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: Exactly. I dont see why they are up in MBL's case about pitching some unknown random variable in the game. (so far as we know)
Well, I guess you can see it like this: Say it's 50% that it kills you and 50% that you get some fancy power. Would you take the chance?

If you were SK, you would have a 50% chance of losing right away.
If you were scum, your team would suffer quite badly from being killed.
If you were town, your team would suffer, but not that badly.

If the soup would give you a fancy power, you would benefit from it no matter what role you are, but if any information about it leaks out, then you would probably be helping town the most.

This reasonin say to me that scum would probably be more inclined to throw it away. Of course WIFOM applies as usual. Players that prefer to be alive at all costs will probably be more inclined to pitch it, while curious players would drink it.

My point is that the discussion is valid, and that I don't like when people are turning down such a discussion. Maybe it's a bad idea to lycnh solely based on the soup issue, but to disregard from what's happening; no, that's generally not good.

I realize I have posted way too little in this game, and it's not that fair for me to vote Ancalagon for being quiet, but could you please explain your posts Anca, they don't make sense to me.

mini-fos: Ancalagon
Really? And where exactly did you get the information that the soup has a 50% chance of giving the recipient a power?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Ectomancer »

The rest of your post makes sense, but it annoys me that people leapt to the supposition that the soup gives you a power and then used it in their argument as if it was a given fact.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:23 am

Post by Ectomancer »

vote MBL

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Ectomancer »

My primary suspects after this reread are Ancalagon, al, and ectomancer.
I'm thinking that this piece here will probably yield us a scum.
TCS went after Ancalagon a little strong, too strong unless it was meant to set up a bus IMO.
Al_ko he only gave a generic "Looking bad to me".
I know I'm clean.

I realize this is a weak thread of suspicion, but Im betting that TCS wouldnt put all townies on a prime suspect list of 3 people.

A fact to condemn/praise al_ko is that he suggested this connection thread possibility, while of course leaving himself to be analyzed by someone else.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Are you really going to go into semantics over how or whether I come out and say "Im town."? Clearly when I am talking about a choice between 3 of us, Duh, Im town.

The phrase you want elaborated means you bringing up the idea of looking for connections is a non-tell, as is the fact that you didn't explore a connection between you and TCS.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

That definitely sounds like it's going to be a blast. Have fun! Scum it up while you're there :wink:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:
unvote,vote:CES

let's just lynch him already, we're getting nowhere.
Im with Jack.

unvote: vote CES

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Are you going crazy? Why would you say this then if you
did
investigate and get an innocent. This made it sound like you are saying you didnt.
Battle Mage wrote:why would i claim an investigation on you atall?
you've seriously lost the plot dude. I'll give you a day to think about what you are saying. :roll:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Like I said, Im following Jack.

unvote, vote MBL

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Since you asked nice.

unvote

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

vote MBL
Scum for sure.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:oh...you unvoted mbl before voting him
Indeed he did, a scummy move to be sure :P

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:No...
:P = joking

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:bah, that sucks.
Although, at least we learnt one thing. The food is almost certainly good, and DoS should eat it for potential hidden powers! :D
/agree

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ditto

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
dahen wrote:I've been prodded. I will not forget about this game, but neither will I focus on it when we have an end-game situation in Clue 3 and a dead-line in Clue 1.
wtf?
endgame situation in Clue 3? You've GOT to be kidding me. :roll:

Unvote, Vote: Dahen
A vote for his appraisal of the situation in another game? You've GOT to be kidding me :roll:

vote BM

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Ectomancer »

DragonsofSummer wrote:
accuse Ectomancer
I think that dahen makes a very logical arguement here.
Really? I saw speculation that these games match up with the movie. While Clue 3 seemed to have matched perfectly, I seriously doubt that MOS would have allowed a mass claim in all 3 games to reveal the scum.
The other speculation was WIFOM over whether scum would list 3 townies on their suspicion list.

Please detail this logic you agree with, I didn't find any logic myself.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I like the logic of TCS not putting 3 townies on his suspect list. (And tbh even after a reread its my best lead... since BM looks scummiest to me, but I am unwilling to vote a claimed cop)
Like I said, that's not logic. You are guessing whether he would or not. It's a poor basis for a decision.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm still alive.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I wanted to get fresh eyes on this game, so I went back to page 1 and started reading, trying to determine who scum might be. We were building a TCS wagon when BT chimes in with some dirt tossed TCS way, but not vote or fos. I thought distancing, someone else thought the same thing.
BillyTwilight wrote:I don't like TCS' post either. I despise MBL's post. MBL, how about you actually address the issues raised instead of misrepresenting what I have said. I am
not
showing a double standard. I attacked you in Clue 1 because you posted little in Day 1 then came out with a full attack against the most lynchable player on Day 2 while misrepresenting my arguments in that attack. I attacked you in this game because you were obviously active in the game as a whole, but posting nill in this thread. If you can't see that as suspicious play then... I don't know, I guess we won't see eye-to-eye very often.

FoS: Ecto
. TCS didn't "badger" a claim out of BM. In fact in the post before BM claimed TCS told BM that he was not asking for a claim. BM claimed in fear of a speedlynch when the only person (or persons, if you take MBL's version of events as truth) who have shown a propensity for speedlynching were
already
voting for him. BM's play was bad, plain and simple.

Still, something seems odd about TCS' current posting. I don't specifically agree with Jack, as I don't see TCS claiming that his pressure vote is a sign that he is town, but I don't like how TCS backed up my FoS of MBL so quickly. I think maybe he thinks that buddying up to me in this game after defending me in Clue 1 will make me think he is town here as well.
Then TCS' wagon builds some more until finally he asks to be able to claim. BT counterclaims and we lynch TCS. The thing is, TCS didn't even fight. His was the very next post after BT countered and he says "Damn" ie I'm scum. Now roleblocker can be proven, but he didn't offer that up (not that he could have, but he could have bought some time). I would say let's see if BT can prove his roleblocking ability, but he was very careful back then to say he had
not
claimed a role at all, only the name.
Jack asked if this was a bussing, BM asked the same question later but what happened then was that the soup came out. We got on to that discussion, and the question of Billy never was answered by anyone. On a side note, Billy was offered the soup and turned it down. Dahen later posted a breakdown of why scum would be more likely to turn down the soup than town would be. I couldn't refute his logic then, nor now.

Now later on BM does get an innocent investigation on BT, so he's ok right? No, he then tries to get BM lynched with this deal about a "fake claim". Now I admit that it is plausible what he is saying (which makes it even better for scum), but he really wants to lynch a claimed cop with 9 still alive and 1 scum down? I dont think so. He wants his cake (an innocent investigation) and wants to eat it too (lynch the cop and get 'confirmed' while doing it).

Now think back to TCS, why would he fold so easily? He knew that BT would come up innocent on the counterclaim and knew his role. When TCS claimed Billy's name role, Billy spotted the setup (TCS was going down) and took advantage of the situation for a little "confirmation" on Billy.
I think BT is the Godfather, whether he really is the Singing Telegram Girl or not.

vote BillyTwilight

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Whether his vote was the hammer or not and so TCS' lack of defense could be attributed to it is irrelevant, it was still a bussing setup and the collaboration angle still works. BT didnt want to put his vote on until TCS basically said lynch me by claiming BT's role.

Either way the today goes, Billy shouldn't get away with it.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Bussing. Scum lynching scum. It's so later they can defend themselves as town for voting for scum, just as you are doing right now. Whether TCS had a chance to defend himself is a small part of the case. He claimed Billy's role. That's the communication that says "Go ahead and lynch me Billy, Im dead anyhow. Here's your reason for doing it."

Speaking of which, did Billy lose his keyboard? Or are you the appointed public defender?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I didn't have the current vote count when I was reading. Sue me. It still doesn't matter if BT's vote was the hammer or not. It was a setup and call by TCS for BT to vote for him by simply claiming BT's role. BT's vote being the hammer, and me missing that doesn't make the argument full of BS.

I already explained how TCS claim was scum chat.

You sir are straw manning the overall argument. It certainly doesn't hinge on TCS having the opportunity to fight harder afterwards. In fact, since there was only 1 vote left to get on him, it makes even more sense for TCS to force the hammer on himself when he did by claiming BT's role. He had very little time to try to pull something positive out of his lynch.

Thank you for completely ignoring his attempt to lynch BM later. If you were doing such a bang up job of assessing the argument you might try addressing the entire argument. Twice you stated that you would "get back to this" after a re-read. How about finishing your re-read before nitpicking what is a minor point overall. That's a straw man and really is full of BS. How can you say you are trying to determine whether the argument is valid or not when you twice admitted that you didnt go back to read it?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

It was already shown that Clue 3 was the one that matched the ending exactly. I seriously doubt that the other 2 would follow the movie exactly as well, however, if you like, I can check it out from the library and watch it again so i can remember exactly how ending 2 turned out.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I'll try to explain my thoughts on TCS and BT in a more straightforward manner. C_d is right that as explained, and with BT giving the hammer, it would seem to weaken the case, but it boils down to the following:

TCS requested a chance to claim, then claimed a role other than his own.

The question follows, did he choose a specific role for a reason, or was he just hoping he could find a role not being used?

If a specific role, why that one?

I suppose in the end I'm not wrong, but what I have here is a WIFOM. Would TCS roleclaim his buddy's role for the townie confirming counterclaim and hammer vote? Or would he roleclaim a townie so that someone like me would come up with this specific case to lynch them?

Personally I give the latter much less likelyhood than the former, making the choices not quite equal and thereby not quite qualifying as WIFOM, but I am going to concede the point.

unvote

9 players left and 1 scum down. Still time to make mistakes. Still, also time to wait on this. Just don't give him a free ticket because of the counterclaim.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Ectomancer »

If 3C is accurate, then I would drop it. That's a point that I didn't recall and would be the more likely reason for "Why did TCS choose STG?", at least Occam's razor would say so.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm wanting to hear the points Dahen mentioned, right now my BT case is on wobbly legs. I don't particularly want to move on yet, because if we do, I suspect BT will coast to the end. Just not ready to give up a free ride yet.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You could give him the opportunity to make his points before saying your vote stands at least. Don't forget that I started that push anyhow, not Dahen.
Speaking of Dahen, where is he?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Ectomancer »

dahen wrote:This is a good point. Ecto, you realize that you have made a complete turn-around regarding the soup, don't you? This definately speaks against Ecto.

The soup argument says that Ecto, BT and MBL were scummy. Let's see if BM thinks I'm scummy now for mentioning MBL here since he was unlynchable and therefore more likely pro-town.
No, I did not do a complete turnaround. As I stated when I brought it up again, you made an argument back then that I could not refute. In other words, I lost the argument. Meaning that your assessment that scum would be more likely to pitch the soup had some validity to it. Unless you never argue a point in order to sway others to your position, I'm not certain why my acknowledgement that you had won the point would be considered scummy.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:
unaccuse

Let's hear from Ectomancer! Name claiming this early is indeed baaaaaad...

suspect ectomancer
Who said I claimed?

unaccuse, accuse chaotic_diablo
for jumping on a joke. Mrs. White in the
panty
with a
polish sausage
. Hello?
Phbbt, my mistake. I caught the joke, but thought it was quite possible that you would actually give us your real role name and claim it to be a joke so that we wouldn't believe you. I got this mostly because we were talking about Mrs Peacock then all of a sudden a Mrs White came out. I didn't catch al_ko's post.
FYI, I am Mrs. White. I didn't like how quickly c_d jumped on what was a softclaim of sorts. I still don't see what his point was back then. If you are town and suspect someone is couching information in the guise of a joke, why dont you file it away for future reference? Why make such a big deal of it?
I'm also not impressed by your defense of Billy. I noticed that you really didnt come to life until a fairly easily deflected case was given, and then you were ALL over it. Seriously, getting an investigated innocent lynched is tough to do. My wild accusation now is that c_d is choosing an easy topic to defend to get all active in this game with an opportunity to look pro-town.

Go back and re-read c_d please. It's only 1 page, so shouldn't take long.

unvote, vote chaotic_diablo

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP: Good post Billy.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I never said I was guaranteed town, what I did was name claim with no doubt or joke involved this time.

I do things to get reactions. You reacted to my joke in a manner that makes me wonder why you would do that if you were town. It was you who said anything about that "joke" being a name claim at all. Neither I, nor anyone else had done so.

You miss my point I suppose on the 2nd half of my case, which is it took an easy argument to draw you out, and you chose one that let you take an easy "pro-town" approach to the question. You did it despite the case being directed towards BT. It was his response that I was looking for. But you chose to take advantage of that moment to attribute some pro-town statements to yourself.

Everyone else can look at your participation this game. It stands out.

HC, it might be worth looking into to see if someone did save him. I also think it worth noting that C-D's phrasing when talking about the mechanic gave me the impression that he was trying to lean us towards trying to lynch MBL again, since he is pushing the one shot prevent a lynch theory.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Heheh, I can buy laziness. That's been true for 90% of us playing in these 3 Clue games.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ok, trash me for blatant game setup speculation here, but in trying to go back and refresh and look again at things, I noticed a few things. I watched the movie again about a month ago, and I noticed 2 things about this game and the other 2 as well.

MOS chose different dialogue to use at the beginning of each game. At first I thought it was random flavor, but I begin to wonder now. I re-read our intro scene tonight and it was the initial "killing" of Mr. Boddy. One significant version of that scene has Prof. Plum lie to everyone, telling them that Mr. Boddy was dead, when he really wasn't.
I tried to go back and see if anyone had claimed Prof Plum this game or not, but I dont have the time to continue tonight. I also believe I may have found a clue to verify 1, if not 2, name claims. FYI, this refers to in game clues, not trying to imply I have recieved any from the mod.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Personally I just need to go back and make a consolidation post so I can remember who has claimed who/what/and actions.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Ok, trash me for blatant game setup speculation here, but in trying to go back and refresh and look again at things, I noticed a few things. I watched the movie again about a month ago, and I noticed 2 things about this game and the other 2 as well.

MOS chose different dialogue to use at the beginning of each game. At first I thought it was random flavor, but I begin to wonder now. I re-read our intro scene tonight and it was the initial "killing" of Mr. Boddy. One significant version of that scene has Prof. Plum lie to everyone, telling them that Mr. Boddy was dead, when he really wasn't.
I tried to go back and see if anyone had claimed Prof Plum this game or not, but I dont have the time to continue tonight. I also believe I may have found a clue to verify 1, if not 2, name claims. FYI, this refers to in game clues, not trying to imply I have recieved any from the mod.
still waiting on this.
I'll try to take a look at it tonight. I'm a born procratinator and nothing inspires it like a re-read...

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I know, lot's of things going on in life here. I'm "caught up" on one game, so it's easier for me to stay active. I've got this one and another that are re-reads. There are just a lot of things on my plate, which is why I reduced myself from 8 games to 2 in the last few months (well, plus a replacement added recently). I'm still game to pick this up again.
I'm not scum of any sort. I'll see who I can find who I believe might be.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Just need one more. You can do it. I have faith.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Other than an unpopular theory for a BT scum from me, have you got a case for having me at L-1?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:I'm tempted to just lynch Ecto and go on with night, but I haven't been paying close attention to this game so I'm not really sure if that's the best choice. I'll reread and post something.
Almost felt like a "don't blame me if he turns up town" post.

/vote Professor Plum

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yes, because lazy is a classic scum tell.
I've started a couple times looking for a Prof Plum claim, haven't found it, didnt get all the way through. There was also a potential problem with the possible name verifications, which is why I didn't just state it plainly then. I haven't gone back to find those clues again to figure out what I thought the problem might be.
FYI, unless your memory fails you, I was the last person to put forth the effort of making a case on someone. You can get off your own lazy ass and make one yourself. I could care less if you put your vote on me or not, it wont make me move any faster.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #54) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I doubt that they will, but that could make it tricky for them trying to figure out a safe claim.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I know, and I don't even have the decency to self-vote. It's just that I couldn't come up with a case on me either...

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
vote Ectomancer
You're 2 days too late. Try something more productive.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Really? You could have lynched me, but you chose not to do it. You waited until 2 people fell off my wagon. So why now? Why did you vote for me? It shows me that you don't really mean it if you didn't use it when it would have counted.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Really? You could have lynched me, but you chose not to do it. You waited until 2 people fell off my wagon. So why now? Why did you vote for me? It shows me that you don't really mean it if you didn't use it when it would have counted.
I was prodded and I really didn't want spend time to create a good post, so I skimmed the vote count and added my vote.
I believe those players unvoted because they thought your bandwagon wasn't going to go anywhere. If they decide to add on their votes again, then I don't think my vote is unproductive.
vote chaotic_diablo

That's a load of crock. What the fuck did you add a vote for if you didn't want to spend time on the game? Once again, why didn't you add it when I was at L-1. You're wasting my time and everyone else's.
All you did was look for a "safe" move and since everyone was on Ecto's wagon, may a well vote him right? Well it wasn't safe, it was scummy. You were just looking for a hole to hide in.

vote chaotic_diablo

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

In case you hadn't noticed, I could give a rat's ass about being in the "safe zone". Those 2 didn't unvote to pursue a more productive wagon, they unvoted me because there is no case on me in the first place, so no, I have no problem with people unvoting without reason when they had no reason to vote in the first place except to get me to post a review. You on the other hand, have made the scummiest move that I've seen all game. You have no idea why you are voting me either, except to "keep me on the radar" in a game you have stated you don't have time for.

My vote is staying on you. If the rest of the town wants it off, they can remove it by lynching me.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #60) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I know why BM was on my bandwagon, and I know why he got off of it. Do you? Clearly not, yet you have no problem tossing your vote around, despite admitting that you have no clue at all of what is going on this game. You aren't keeping me on the radar, you are just trying to keep you OFF of it by joining the bandwagon with the most votes without even understanding the bandwagon in the first place. You don't even know WHY you would want to keep me on the radar, other than you hope people don't slide off of my wagon and on to you. "Oh shit, this wagon is falling, better shore it back up quick and save my own ass"

The bottom line is, you didn't have the balls to lay down the hammer. You didn't want the attention when I turn up town. There is very little else to go on this game, so the hammer would surely garner some attention.
Oh, but after a couple votes dropped, allowing you to put me at L-2, you had no problem laying down your vote in a safe slot on the wagon.

As I said, vote stands until I get lynched or you do.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Are you Prof. Plum HC?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #62) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

No, because you would have a reason to list my pursuit of Prof Plum as reason to vote against me, in the case you were Prof Plum and were town.
In the film, Mr Boddy was also supposedly dead, but he wasn't, not at first at least. Prof Plum checked him and falsely reported that he was dead.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #63) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Erg0 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:No, because you would have a reason to list my pursuit of Prof Plum as reason to vote against me, in the case you were Prof Plum and were town.
In the film, Mr Boddy was also supposedly dead, but he wasn't, not at first at least. Prof Plum checked him and falsely reported that he was dead.
Do you actually think that would be a valid reason to vote for you? It's only a flavour-based theory, which I wouldn't call a scumtell exactly.
We are voting for far lesser infractions this game Erg0, so yes. I do believe that it might merit a vote from the real Prof Plum if he were actually innocent.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #64) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

As it was a theory derived from looking at the clues in the flavor posts in this game (they are different in all three games), and I have no real backing, then I wont be able to pursue it. I believe we can find out for certain without lynching you anyhow.
I really don't think I have anything else.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #65) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

And the newest cleared town member is.....

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm hoping for a guilty result from him, as we are at LYLO by all indications. I suspect he investigated me though, and so we wont get one. I hope not. We are in serious trouble if so.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #67) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

vote BillyTwilight

I may be wrong, but meh. Interest in this game is lagging from all participants and the BT GodFather thing was the best I had. Who did you Vig last night MBL?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

2 kills every night, so Im assuming mafia + vig/sk. I thought that you were saying you had a choice of all those roles, but had probably used the vig one twice.

Lynch BT, it will make you all feel better. Then vig Battle Mage, because that will make you feel even better.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

The one thing I can agree with is that at this point Ecto has become extremely lackadaisical.

Yes, I fully expected BM to investigate me after all the crap he blows my way. I'm disappointed
and
suspicious that he did not. It opens the way for an Ecto lynch. To back up your suspicion of BM, I also thought it
very
suspicious that, not only did he not investigate me, but he investigated someone who is conveniently dead.

As far as my re-vote on you, as I said, without another re-investment of time, that was the best I had, therefor I went back with it. Why not? The game sat here for an entire week after BM finally chimed in. It started April 09 last year, and here we are 9 months later with only 23 pages. Yes, I am underwhelmed with the lack of enthusiasm, as much my own fault as anyone else's. At this point, I'm just ready to lynch someone, though I'm not quite so lame as to simply vote myself.

If we think there is good reason to look at BM, then I'm willing to put in the effort myself, though right now the only thing I had to add to yours about him is that his investigation last night conveniently was an already dead townie.

I'd also like an explanation for the 2 nightly deaths. Vig or SK?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Oh my.
unvote

I am still lackadaisical, but Billy has me enthralled.

vote BM

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You are claiming investigations as the Doctor and have the gall to ask who wants to lynch me?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Ectomancer »

accuse battlemage
in case my vote didnt count.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #73) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:You are claiming investigations as the Doctor and have the gall to ask who wants to lynch me?
I never claimed any results that i wasnt sure of. -.-

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”