The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16425 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Klazam »

Vanilla has been paid for another month
Osota
Osota
Watcher
Osota
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #16426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Osota »

Been traveling a bit for work. Back now. Anything interesting going on?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 16426, Osota wrote:Been traveling a bit for work. Back now. Anything interesting going on?
Not really I don't think. I haven't been on much lately either as I've been pretty busy with work and have been watching the olympics when I have free time. I popped on once and noticed someone got my maze creepered and I haven't fixed it yet, and I've tooled around on the modded server for a couple minutes as well.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #16428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Maestro »

Modded is suffering from activity slow recently. I'm pretty sure that it's the school year - most (but not all) of both playerbases are in school.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Drunken Lies »

My laptip broke.

Edit: oops. This is ETL.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Oso »

I'll be back on modded this weekend. Combination of real life and being cheesed off over losing a princess that took about 4 hours work to get the traits into it I wanted.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #16431 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 16428, Maestro wrote:Modded is suffering from activity slow recently. I'm pretty sure that it's the school year - most (but not all) of both playerbases are in school.
Also, I'm currently something like 100 miles off of the east coast atm, and we get pretty shitty cell service out here, as you can expect considering the distance to the closest tower, so I have no way to get on either. ;)
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16432 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Maestro »

k?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16433 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:03 am

Post by Rhinox »

Still pretty slow activity all around eh?

I've been getting back into a minecraft mood lately and have been spending an hour or 2 playing each night this week. I've been spending my time on modded though. Not abandoning vanilla obvs just wanted to see what the other half of the community was up to. I still need to repair and finish up my maze in vanilla if I do nothing else.

Lots of fun stuff on the modded server, but I'm still approaching it as if it could blow up at any moment :P. With the ore density and mods like morph and essence berry bushes/better enchanting it really leads to laid back quasi-creative play anyways. Its a nice change of pace.

What has everyone else been up to?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16434 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I'LL BE BACK TOMORROW YAY!!!!!!!
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16435 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Has shittons of money because FEBRUARY IS AWESOME, now to pay off a credit card, or buy a bunch of video games/video game related things.

hmmmmmmm
Show
Join Now!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16436 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:47 am

Spoiler: Picture frames! :D
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16437 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Maruchan »

:D HOW WHATMOD I WANT
Show
Join Now!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16438 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 am

In post 16437, Maruchan wrote::D HOW WHATMOD I WANT
Forge Micro Blocks. Look up the handsaw recipe. Then you can use it in a crafting grid with a block, either above the block to slice down, or beside the block to slice across. You can slice slices too, until you get the piece you want. What I have there is obsidian strips with glowstone nooks. :]
Art is cool.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Oso »

I've been doing a lot of Single Player, pure Survival on one world and Creative on another. Mainly, messing with Mekanism to see what it could do. Thought I'd share some of the things I have observed about it. Some of the information is stuff that I have observed, that I found on the web and confirmed it through observation in-game or other information is strictly from the web that I haven't been able to confirm yet because I haven't built the required machines or because I haven't figured out a way to test it yet.

This is done With Mekanism v6.x instead of v5.x (the server has v5.x) simply because v6.x has a bunch of neat new stuff :) and it has improved the GUIs throughout the whole mod. It is now possible to see power generation AND machine power use directly in the GUI. Unless there has been a fundamental change in the mod though, all the stuff I put here should apply to the server version of Mekanism (v5.x) as I don't plan on putting anything in this post specific to v6.x unless we actually upgrade the server to that version.

I'll spoiler this as I plan to add to the post (if folks find it helpful) as I learn more about it.

Please note
:
Because of the confusion caused by MJ (Minecraft Joules - Buildcraft power) and MJ (Mekanism Joules and 1 Million Joules - Mekanism power), I'll leave BC power at MJ and if I have to refer to Mekanism Joules I'll use MekJ or MegaMekJ.

Spoiler: Conversion Ratios
-
MJ (Minecraft Joule - Buildcraft):
1 MekJ = 0.04 MJ. Meaning it takes 25 MekJ to equal 1 MJ.
-
EU (Energy Unit - IC2/GregTech):
1 MekJ = 0.1 EU. Meaning it takes 10 MekJ to equal 1 EU.
-
RF (Redstone Flux - Thermal Expansion):
1 MekJ = 0.4 RF. Meaning it takes 2.5 MekJ to equal 1 RF.

These values, I got straight off the web and have not confirmed yet through observation...they sound about right though. At least the scaling factor between MJ and RF is right :D

To give some examples to make it a bit more understandable:
- Combustion Engine running Fuel (Buildcraft): 6 MJ/t equivalent to 150 MekJ/t.
- Standard Generator (IC2): 10 EU/p equivalent to 100 MekJ/t.
- <Any> Dynamo (Thermal Expansion): 80 RF/t equivalent to 200 MekJ/t.

Power Generation

A quick explanation of the Power Generation GUI. There are three lines that may show different information but really do show the same thing.
  • Line 1: Stored Power (also shows exact power output when running but storage buffer is empty).
  • Line 2: Fuel Level (This varies by machine as they use different fuels: Hydrogen, Sun, ect).
  • Line 3: Max Output. Not to be confused with generator output. All generators can output 2 times their rated output provided there is power in their storage buffer. An example might be the Advanced Solar Panel. It generates 180 MekJ/t but if it has energy stored in its buffer and something in the network is demanding more than that 180, it can pull what it needs from its buffer to output a max of 360 MekJ/t.
Spoiler: Heat Generator

Unless you are using another Mod's power and converting it to Mek power, this is likely to be the first Mekanism machine you build.

It has 2 Modes:
Active (150 MekJ/t) and Passive (up to 25 MekJ/t)

-In Active Mode, you are feeding it combustibles, it will output 150 MekJ/t. Fuel doesn't matter so long as it can burn. If you can put it into an IC2 Generator, a Thermal Expansion Steam Dynamo or even the Vanilla Furnace, chances are you can have this generator burn it as well. The quality of the fuel determines just how much MekJ you will get out of it. A stick will get you very little MekJ (1,500 total) where something like coal will get you more (24,000 total). Active mode is also very inefficient when compared to other Mod's power generators. In particular, Thermal Expansion's Steam Dynamo outclasses the Heat Generator in all aspects as far as total energy generated and output per tick for just about any fuel you can use in either of them. When in this mode, the Heat Generator would split the difference between an IC2 Standard Generator (10 EU/p) and a Thermal Expansion Geothermal Generator (20 EU/p) as the 150 MekJ/t converts out to 15 EU/p.

-In Passive Mode, you place lava, flowing or source it doesn't matter, touching up to 5 sides of the Heat generator. Each side that is in contact with lava will generate 5 MekJ/t for a maximum passive generation of 25 MekJ/t. Not great but enough to get started and they can be re-used later, after making better power generators, as sort of trickle charger for energy cubes if you want. This is 'build and forget' energy. Once built and generating power, it is maintenance free. When in this mode and generating the 25 MekJ/t, this generator is equivalent to a Buildcraft Stirling Engine as the 25 MekJ/t converts out to 1 MJ/t.

- Active and Passive Modes can be used simultaneously. If using them to generate the 25 MekJ/t passively, you can goose the generator to output 175 MekJ/t (25 passive + 150 active) by simply adding something burnable.

Spoiler: Bio-Generator
Active Mode Only
250 MekJ/t
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16440 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:57 am

big changes in moddedvilleHI! Some changes are occurring and you should be a part of it. :P

- Moved the quicktopic info to a blog where I can more easily keep it updated, pretty and organized. Also, blog has polls and slideshows for screen shots that quicktopic doesn't. It's here. Answer the poll!

-
MOD UPDATES!!!! NEW STUFF!!
I've checked out all the updates and reviewed the modpack. There are some changes I've made for testing. Nothing is set in stone. This is the time for you to tell me what you want. Come talk to me on IRC.

-
TESTING SERVER!!! WHOO!!
To check out some new things, updates to current mods, etc, I've purchased a testing server. Details are on the blog. You should come help me try out some of these things before we decide on the final product.

- Will this mean a world reset? Probably. Nothing's happened yet and we don't have to update if you really don't want to. That's what the poll is for. ANSWER IT! <3 I'm also looking into options for porting in some stuff, like clam's spawn castle.

edit: Test server is up and running!
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Maruchan »

>Only person opposed to a restart
Well I guess I'll be migrating back to vanilla eventually, as modded isn't conducive to my job's schedule. :P
Show
Join Now!

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16442 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Klazam »

Vanilla has been paid for another month, and with that, the total donations i've gotten just ran out, so unless if you want this month to be the last, somebody needs to step up.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16443 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Chevre »

To be honest, who all is playing vanilla? I would except I'm incredibly busy, but I don't know if anyone else is even considering it...
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16444 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Maestro »

Besides Klaz's friend Ovie and Claus's friend Osota, (and excluding Klaz who jumps on to check on it every time he restarts it) the only people who've been on the server since February are mist7676 and Untrod Tripod...for less then 5 minutes combined. Ovie himself has more playtime than every single other person who's logged in since 2013
combined

This is definitely not why we keep a server open - if it were free it'd be one thing. But it's not.
I see no reason for Klaz to pay next month for his friend to play on our server.

World files will be made available when the shutdown happens.
I'd be perfectly happy to Admin a restart when 1.8 is released.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #16445 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

:thumbsup:

I wish I had the time but I just don't
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16446 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Maestro »

\o/

#NoTimeClub
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16447 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Chevre »

I guess in this last month, visit Port Chevre if you can! It is east of the spawn I think, across the sea, and there are just a bunch of bits and babs that make up the quirky town. I was going to possibly implement some "quests" once I finished the town, but the complexity and resource requirements of that plus my continuous urge to add something new kind of prevented that from ever happening, lol
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16448 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 16444, Maestro wrote:Besides Klaz's friend Ovie and Claus's friend Osota, (and excluding Klaz who jumps on to check on it every time he restarts it) the only people who've been on the server since February are mist7676 and Untrod Tripod...for less then 5 minutes combined. Ovie himself has more playtime than every single other person who's logged in since 2013
combined

This is definitely not why we keep a server open - if it were free it'd be one thing. But it's not.
I see no reason for Klaz to pay next month for his friend to play on our server.

World files will be made available when the shutdown happens.
I'd be perfectly happy to Admin a restart when 1.8 is released.
:neutral:

people take breaks, people come back.

Over the past month, the time I've been spending on minecraft has been on the modded server mostly just to fool around a bit. Now that that server is in its twilight, I'll be back on vanilla next time I have time to play. I'm planning on getting on to repair my maze and hopefully finally finish the end of it this weekend, actually. The only reason I haven't done it sooner is because I was a bit miffed about it getting creepered in the first place and no one telling me it happened.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16449 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Klazam »

Thanks to a generous donor(i dont know if you wabt to stay anonymous lol), vanilla stays open another 3 months.

Return to “The Arcade”