Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Bert »

Got distracted by IRL today and got a weird weekend coming up, so nothing useful to say other than to
warn you guys that I tend to, in my past completed games, self-hammer/vote when put at lynch -1 [freak-out, irrationally think lynch is inevitable in a tunnel-ful fashion, etc., etc.] THEREFORE, please consider any potential lynch -2 votes, should they come (knock on wood), in essence a lynch -1 vote.

In post 749, Idiotking wrote:SSK's reaction ultimately was not to react. Poo. At least some town points for that, though, because
scum would likely have been more active in their defense, rather than literally saying they won't respond.
Uhh.....
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Hey, that's been my experience. True, you get overly-defensive townies doing it too, but then it's a matter of degree. Scum would try to keep it low-key without making a scene, while still trying to discredit the argument. Overly-defensive townies would make it an all-or-nothing struggle to the death. SSK's response just doesn't seem to mesh with what scum would do in that model.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Also, you have one vote on you. Isn't it a bit early for melodramatic warnings?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Bert »

I have decided that I need to give out a warning in my future games as well, as early as possible. Therefore, town is informed beforehand of my potential to self-hammer - this warning must then negate that. It is for the best of both worlds.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Or you could just not be a spineless little weasel and, y'know, play to your win condition. Seriously, if that's a thing you regularly do I don't know how you're not permabanned yet.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Bert »

Or, you could understand that I'm trying to prevent that via those statements/warnings/disclaimers to treat a lynch -2 vote as a lynch -1 vote - as self-hammer happens every once in a while and I'm not proud of it - and you could actually try to be considerate/understanding instead of calling me a 'spineless little weasel.'
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Idiotking »

For the sake of avoiding a flamewar, I am not going to respond. But you can probably guess what I'm thinking given my tone.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Bert »

Thanks for listening with empathy. :)
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 1.25

MafiaSSK(0):

Cabd(0):

Selkies(3):
Katsuki, kabooooomm, The Goodfather
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(1):
zMuffinMan
RossWilliam(2):
FourTrouble, Aronis
Aronis(4):
Cabd, notscience, RossWilliam, Bert
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(1):
Selkies
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(1):
IdiotKing

With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2014-02-04 21:00:00)

Prodding kabooooom.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 747, notscience wrote:@Katsuki, any ETA for a catchup?
Probably never. (while I'd love to say maybe, it has never happened in the 3+ yrs I've been here so)
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 743, zMuffinMan wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Bert
this vote confuses me.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

It confused me too at first but then I found Bert's reaction interesting. Can anyone skilled with meta confirm that he actually does freak out and self hammer alot?

Aronis, if you're town, show me you're town. Don't just give up.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 761, RossWilliam wrote:confirm that he actually does freak out and self hammer alot?
Yes and it's fucking annoying. As both allignmments.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 742, Katsuki wrote:I'm pretty sure it's also a proven scum meta of mine that if I'm providing concrete thoughts and cases I'm scum, so no thanks I'm not gonna do that this game haha.
so why are you an asset to the town if this is how you play? What reason should you stay in the game for. You only make conrete thoughts and cases when you're scum, so you are basically a useless townie...
In post 745, Katsuki wrote:Gamestate without reading the game? Damn this is gonna be a hard one.

I'd say, selkie scum is wagoned, partnerbert and selkiescum are doing all they can to get a counterwagon going but it's not working well.
Then you have a bunch of other ppl who are useless/scum. Not sure which were the ones who called me scum or a good policy lynch/jester outside of fourtrouble, but that's a really bad assessment to be making if town (who the fuck just leaves it at
"oh this jester or policy lynch is good watch me say this as I do not look for scum"
).
Actually typing this post right now I really need to go back and look (or you can do it for me <3). But yeah I at least found my scum, there are too many who aren't even scumhunting and looking for easy wagons or leaving the backdoor open
if a katsuki-wagon pops up (those are probably your selkie scumbuddies)
closest thing you've done that resembles scum hunting. You basically are only saying that if selkies is scum, then bert is scum too.

Oh and lets not forget you basically saying anyone who votes for me is scum. I can't ever recall hearing of a pre-meditated omgus, thats almost impressive... almost
In post 759, Katsuki wrote:

Probably never. (while I'd love to say maybe, it has never happened in the 3+ yrs I've been here so)
Is this how you typically play? Not making cases, putting pressure, or even reading the thread??

How does that work out for you?

I still am suspicious of selkies, and i realize the following two things:

1 - if i am suspicious of selkies, why vote for the same person as them?
- because i have been rethinking my initial selkies read for the last few days. In that time, katsuki has done less than nothing.

2 - If i am suspicious of selkies, why am i voting for someone that is also suspicious of selkies?

- because i don't get think katsuki's read is genuine. He even admitted that he wouldn't be making concrete cases, so at best his reads are gut instinct. It feels as if he is just agreeing with what a lot of people were saying at the time, that selkies was scummy.

UNVOTE: Selkies

VOTE: Katsuki

also not a fan of bert's self-hammer threat, but i understand the tactic. I just happen to disagree with it in this case.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 742, Katsuki wrote:I'm pretty sure it's also a proven scum meta of mine that if I'm providing concrete thoughts and cases I'm scum, so no thanks I'm not gonna do that this game haha.
so why are you an asset to the town if this is how you play? What reason should you stay in the game for. You only make conrete thoughts and cases when you're scum, so you are basically a useless townie...
In post 745, Katsuki wrote:Gamestate without reading the game? Damn this is gonna be a hard one.

I'd say, selkie scum is wagoned, partnerbert and selkiescum are doing all they can to get a counterwagon going but it's not working well.
Then you have a bunch of other ppl who are useless/scum. Not sure which were the ones who called me scum or a good policy lynch/jester outside of fourtrouble, but that's a really bad assessment to be making if town (who the fuck just leaves it at
"oh this jester or policy lynch is good watch me say this as I do not look for scum"
).
Actually typing this post right now I really need to go back and look (or you can do it for me <3). But yeah I at least found my scum, there are too many who aren't even scumhunting and looking for easy wagons or leaving the backdoor open
closest thing you've done that resembles scum hunting. You basically are only saying that if selkies is scum, then bert is scum too.

Oh and lets not forget you basically saying anyone who votes for me is scum. I can't ever recall hearing of a pre-meditated omgus, thats almost impressive... almost

Is this how you typically play? Not making cases, putting pressure, or even reading the thread??

- because i have been rethinking my initial selkies read for the last few days. In that time, katsuki has done less than nothing.

2 - If i am suspicious of selkies, why am i voting for someone that is also suspicious of selkies?

- because i don't get think katsuki's read is genuine. He even admitted that he wouldn't be making concrete cases, so at best his reads are gut instinct. It feels as if he is just agreeing with what a lot of people were saying at the time, that selkies was scummy.

also not a fan of bert's self-hammer threat, but i understand the tactic. I just happen to disagree with it in this case.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 764, The Goodfather wrote:

).

Because I find scum.

Case-writing has never been a part of my playstyle, and is scummy (re: chamber's title). Selkie's push for me being scum early game was bullshit and ingenuine, and that is enough to make them scum. I mean I could continue scumhunting their posts and reading through a game that would probably make me repeatedly head-desk, or I could not waste my time wading through a marsh.

This isn't really one of those playerbases that I can easily influence anyways so I'm better off waiting until D3 or something before doing anything. It's my preferred playstyle and I've never been lynched for it.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Ha, no.

Vote Katsuki

Still working on my summary post, but I'm gonna go ahead and say no to intentional, blatant active-lurking.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I see you're still terrible at this game IK.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Didn't I get you lynched as a claimed cop once?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Katsuki »

It's sad because I'm never gonna get lynched this game anyways.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 768, Idiotking wrote:Didn't I get you lynched as a claimed cop once?
lol I'm pretty sure this has never happened before, I've only one game with you.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by Katsuki »

skimmed iso

Unvote, Vote: Acronis
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Ah, nevermind, it was as a vig. Still fun, though.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 771, Katsuki wrote:skimmed iso

Unvote, Vote: Acronis
so i hope the more experienced players can answer me this question:

is it sketchy for katsuki to jump onto the biggest wagon not even minutes after his wagon became the 2nd largest?

That seems scummy to me :mrgreen:
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Also a general question to people who have played with Katsuki:

Does this fit Katsuki's MO? The one game we played together was Katsuki's first game on the site, and it was hilariously bad. I'm assuming she's improved since then, right? At least some?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”