Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

/confirmed

I thought I was pretty hot shit being twice as important as everyone, but you guys are in a league above mine I guess
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 15, Selkies wrote:
In post 13, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 11, Selkies wrote:The number of votes you influence is the real test of importance. p sure
we're
going to own that metric.
wait. aren't you a hydra?
Did you think that was a royal we?
i just assumed you meant your scum buddies cabd and mafiaSSK :lol:
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@mod, that rule 6 is a doozie. So no majority and you play god and pick one of us mortals at random to throw your lightning bolt at??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

This may be just putting a huge kick me sign on my back, but i looked at rule 6 a lot differently...

It hurts the town worse in my estimation. 13 players,, probably 3 or 4 scum. The burden falls on us as the town to make a decisive lynch, otherwise, we're basically asking natirasha to kill us herself...If, for example, we do not have a majority by the end of this dp, 9/14 times, a townie will be killed (assuming 4 scum).

I'm frankly suprised that i am the only one who sees it that way...

alright, i've said my bit, here you go:Image
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I like how bert jumps in and went thru the thread with a fine tooth comb... this is for you bert:

I am also interested in the convo between RossWilliam and selkies about easy-wagons. I think that wagons that form too fast are very likely to have scum on them, but I am not sure that is the best way to find scum dp1. in my (very) limited experience, i have found that scum are more likely to do one of two things dp1:

1) lurk and try to blend. This is the bigger dp1 scum tactic imo. Trying to coast and get through the first few dps

2) form alliances and try to make friends dp1. That way they have someone to try and back them up if something comes up

I am unsure about selkies, but that is mostly because hydra's tend to confuse me with their multiple heads. i am also unsure of muffin man just coming in and throwing out seemingly random labels - he is town, he is scum, etc...

This could just be muffin mans meta, but it threw me a little bit. Most people don't just come in throwing around accusations... I can see this as being part of his playstyle tho, and it seems like a reasonably fair tactic to throw some suspicion on someone dp1... you never know, they may bite at the bait hard and slip scum.

Can anyone confirm that this is how muffin man plays?

I would also not say no to advice on how to read hydras too.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 63, Selkies wrote:
In post 61, Selkies wrote:
In post 55, Selkies wrote:
In post 52, Selkies wrote:
In post 49, Selkies wrote:jumping on the easy lynches already? that didn't take long.

Speak for yourself.
dude im town this game
And apparently an easy lynch. :/
I swear to god I
will
vote you.
:up: This is why hydras give me migraines... :facepalm:
In post 132, FourTrouble wrote:Seriously, you guys are playing achingly pro-scum so far, regardless of your actual alignment. It's basically 6 pages of meaningless clutter.
Agreed, the first 6 pages were almost entirely you three: {selkies, cabd, and mafiaSSK}. Given the sheer amount of spam, it is likely one of these three is scum, out of the three, I'd say SSK is my strongest town read because of his interactions with idiotking on page 11. Specifically post 270, in response from post 261 from idiot king. And on that note,

I get a strong town vibe from idiotking. His posts seem genuine, and his desire for justified votes is not only reasonable, its downright common sense. On a similar note, I find that ross williams has a similar post style to idiotking, I hope neither of you mind that association. I also liked his thoughts on selkies in 291.

In fact, selkies is my biggest scum read: spamming pages 1-6. Conversations between hydra heads like in the quote above, orcinus slipping and posting as himself several times, seeming to look for easy lynches, etc...

so, VOTE: Selkies

here is a tentative list of other reads:
Town:
Ross williams,
idiotking

null leaning town:
Bert
katsuki (asked some dec questions, although his initlal comment about rule 6 was more similar to my interpretation than that of others)
mafiaSSK (already talked about a bit.)

null:
muffin man (his post style really throws me off)
Four Trouble (been going back and forth on their posts. Gonna stay null til I hear more)

null leaning scum:
Cabd(overactivity first 6 pages, and then suddenly disappearing. Could just actually be sick. Could be avoiding the spotlight)
Selkies,
kabooooom and kingkenny and other lurkers
aronis (seems to be attempting to blend)

on a side note, I realize not all my null leaning scum leads are likely to be scum, but I prefer to be skeptical of people until I get a clearer town read. Its safer that way than assuming everyone is town until they act scummy.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 392, Cabd wrote:
In post 390, The Goodfather wrote:Cabd(overactivity first 6 pages, and then suddenly disappearing. Could just actually be sick. Could be avoiding the spotlight)
Listen up asshole, because I'm only gonna tell you this once.

Mafia is a game. You can insult my play. You can insult my reads. You can insult my logic. But you know what you don't do? You sure as fuck don't trivialize an illness I was born with, and can cite the existence of in plenty of other places, as me abusing my honor. I get stomach acid piped up my throat daily, and I've been having that happen since the day I was born. Some days are easier, some days are harder. This past week has been a flurry of "harder" ones. Go google "Gastric reflux" and then go sit in the corner and feel like shit until you apologize.
Up until I read the last line, i was prepared to apologize.
1) I have ever played with you before, so I would have no reason or occasion to recall your illness.

2)I never said anything about your honor, but the way you responded makes me think that you have none, or more likely, thatyou are scum.

Everyones got something to bitch about in their life, the difference is not everyone uses it as a crutch. Take a tums or some fucking alka seltzer. No need to rip off my head for an observation that your activity has decreased substantially. And if you really wanted an apology, you might try in the future to be less of a dickhead
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 396, Selkies wrote:
In post 390, The Goodfather wrote:In fact, selkies is my biggest scum read: spamming pages 1-6. Conversations between hydra heads like in the quote above, orcinus slipping and posting as himself several times, seeming to look for easy lynches, etc...
How is conversing between hydra heads scummy?
Its spam. I have never been in a hydra, but i've read that the heads of hydras can communicate with one another outside the game thread. If that is the case with you, then head to head conversations between hydra are literally spamming the thread with fluff. Scummy
How is hydra slipping scummy?
Yet again, its spam. Especially if you and your other head can talk to one another outside the thread. I don't know for sure that this is the case, but as this is my current understanding of how hydra's operate, it seems scummy to do these things. Correct me if I am wrong, and i will reconsider my read on you. @mod, can you clarify how hydras work in this game. Do they talk to one another off thread, maybe in a qt or pms, or is their only means of communication in the game thread itself?
How are we looking for easy lynches?

What is etc?
this is what I am talking about :down: I don't know which head i'm talking to, but you may say you are looking for scum on easy lynch wagons, but you may just be looking for a convenient scapegoat to lynch dp1.
In post 297, Selkies wrote:
In post 291, RossWilliam wrote:In regards to Selkies, pointing out who might be an easy lynch isn't good for the town. Even if you are town, you're giving information to uncreative scum about who would be a good target to pile on, and if enough people declare so-and-so to be an easy lynch, people are going to start seeing scum in them just because people are lazy
I'm not the head who made the observation out loud, but in many games players are familiar enough with each other to know who are likely lynchbait, who are bus-candidates if they are scum, etc. One of the places I look for scum is on the "easy lynch" wagons.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 398, Selkies wrote:I am the head who made the post you're pointing an arrow at. Our posting style are pretty distinct, so I think your case, if that's what you're calling it is pretty meh.

When I saw your earlier post, I thought that the post itself wasn't too bad, but the timing and the momentum look like where I would probably jump on a wagon if I were scum.

This last post, though, that actually comes off kinda scummy to me. I've been kinda tracking who complains about my posting content and quantity in games over time, and it is not a for sure tell, but the alignments are becoming statistically significant.

Zmuffin, you asked who is in my scumpile. When you asked me, I had concerns about Aronis. I still do. And I'll add Goodfather to the pile.

you completely avoided my concern of whether you talk to one another off thread? If so, I'd like to know why you talked to one another on the thread when you have other means of communication. If not, I can understand, the two heads need to act as one, so if your only way to communicate with one another is in this game thread, then there is no reason to be so suspicious of your inter-head communication.

and with regard to the timing, It had been a while since i had posted. I was trying to avoid needing to be prodded. I was obv too late, not that it matters much
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 402, Selkies wrote:
In post 400, The Goodfather wrote:
In post 398, Selkies wrote:I am the head who made the post you're pointing an arrow at. Our posting style are pretty distinct, so I think your case, if that's what you're calling it is pretty meh.

When I saw your earlier post, I thought that the post itself wasn't too bad, but the timing and the momentum look like where I would probably jump on a wagon if I were scum.

This last post, though, that actually comes off kinda scummy to me. I've been kinda tracking who complains about my posting content and quantity in games over time, and it is not a for sure tell, but the alignments are becoming statistically significant.

Zmuffin, you asked who is in my scumpile. When you asked me, I had concerns about Aronis. I still do. And I'll add Goodfather to the pile.

you completely avoided my concern of whether you talk to one another off thread? If so, I'd like to know why you talked to one another on the thread when you have other means of communication. If not, I can understand, the two heads need to act as one, so if your only way to communicate with one another is in this game thread, then there is no reason to be so suspicious of your inter-head communication.

and with regard to the timing, It had been a while since i had posted. I was trying to avoid needing to be prodded. I was obv too late, not that it matters much
I didn't "avoid" it. I didn't think it really warranted a reply because it's common knowledge that hydra talk to each other outside the game thread. Have you never played games with hydrae at MS before?

We do talk outside the thread, but we don't try to present a totally consensus "player" in the game thread. We're two people, arguably two strong players, and I believe it's pro-town to give town the benefit of both our thought processes and and conclusions.
thats fair, and it makes sense that players with different styles pair up. if two players with the same style played together, it would probably be fairly misleading. And I have come across hydras on this site, but i didn't think that the rules regarding hydras were the same universally, I figured there were different rules according to the mod. Like i thought that each head was supposed to sign their posts. I get that you and orc have different styles, so its probably not necessary to sign your posts if a new player like me can pick up on it. (Assuming that I am responding to a post from ffery)

And my ignorance on hydras I think mostly comes from having never been in one before. I asked about a hydra that SSK was in in another game (with someone named mastin i think), but i never got an answer about how it works.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 404, Selkies wrote:Just by the fucking way we will play our hydra how we want to play our hydra

Some hydras want to be unified. Others (like us) have two players with very distinct styles and we might not want to force ourselves into a playstyle that neither is comfortable with. That is our goddamn prerogative.

And yeah if you read any of our past games we do talk inthread a lot. We normally pull things to skype when we wanna match reads, but aside from that we sort of each do our own thing.

Also the argument that hydra slipping is scummy is the dumbest thing I've heard all day. I phone post a lot and so I don't always remind myself to switch accounts.

95% of my posts are focused on the game. The other 5% are "fluff" because I do play this game for fun. And guess what? I do have fun by having banter with fery inthread, by poking cabd. How on earth is this scum indicative?
haha, I'm not telling you how to play. That would be extremely hypocritical of me as a new member, and i don't think anything i've said can be viewed or construed as me telling you how to play. I was merely giving my reads and justifying my vote. You obviously disagree, as is your prerogative. As I've said, I am wary of hydras, and I will continue to be as long as they remain unknown to me. That may be simple minded, but i have found that skepticism is often justified in this game, especially this early in the game
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Don't get me wrong, I still think you are scum, and it is not just because you are a hydra. You may have called it the stupidest thing you've seen all day, but I still think you guys unnecessarily spammed the first 1/3 of this thread. Also, I will not change my vote just because you are trying to belittle my read by saying its the stupidest thing you've heard all day. You confirmed my thought that you communicated with one another outside the thread. Just because you say you converse with one another in thread for the sake of the other players being able to differentiate between the two of you does not mean your posts are any less spam. I have gone over the first 6 pages several times now, and each time i feel more confident in this.

Add to the fact that my one vote has both hydra heads biting at me further confirms my belief that you are scum.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:37 am

Post by The Goodfather »

alright @selkies, It should be said now that I am a bit of a math nerd, and i have spent some time looking over this post of yours, and i will be honest and say that looking over your meta has undeniably shown that you are far more active when town. There are also fewer hydra slips when you were scum, lending some credibility as well. I find statistics to be a better indicator of typical behavior than what someone says is their typical behavior. Words can be easily manipulated, but data and figures are harder to fabricate, and is usually a stronger basis for establishing meta in my opinion.

Please answer these questions tho, and depending on how you answer them, i may recast my vote:

1) were these the only other 3 games you have played together?

2) Does ffery typically post more often than orcinus? (this is just an observation I think is true. it may not be)
In post 428, Selkies wrote:Selkies games:

Borkgame Micro, town: 671 posts http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go - survived LYLO
Total Posts: 2306, your hydra posts: 671, hydra slips: 14 from orcinus, 0 from ffery.

Total percentage of posts: 671/2306 = 29.1%

this game does fit your playstyle for this game. I admit that.
AMoL mini, town: 370 posts http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go - died night 4
Total posts: 1698, hydra posts: 370, hydra slips: 5 from orcinus, 16 from fferylit( i think that is the other head, correct?)

Total percentage of posts: 370/1698 = 21.8%

You had the most posts in this game as well, followed next by someone with a little more than half of your posts
Pinnipedum mini, scum: 208 posts http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go - survived LYLO (xmas holidays)
Total Posts: 1672, Your posts: 208, hydra slips: 4 from orcinus, 2 from ffery

Total percentage of posts: 208/1672 = 12.4%

You were also not the largest poster in this game, lending further strength to your defense and criticism of my claim.

This is the only game you were scum together? And nati's current game is your 4th game as a hydra with one another, correct?

thanks for answering these questions
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:30 am

Post by The Goodfather »

thank you for answering my question @selkies.

I get now that you were trying to show that post count is not entirely indicative of alignment, but I do think that some players tend to be more active as town, and others attempt to be more active when they are scum in an attempt to appear pro-town.

From the few examples you've provided, it seems like you (both orc and ffery) tend to post more as town. This leads me to believe that the current game is more inline with your town meta than your scum meta. That may be a flawed conclusion, but I think that the data from the other games where you were a hydra together would indicate I
might
be wrong with my current read on you.

That being said, i am not just going to remove my vote. You are in no real danger of being hammered, so for now, i am going to keep my vote on you while i reread the thread and re-evaluate my read to see if anyone else sticks out more as scum.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 441, Bert wrote:
In post 438, The Goodfather wrote:From the few examples you've provided, it seems like you (both orc and ffery) tend to post more as town. This leads me to believe that the current game is more inline with your town meta than your scum meta. That may be a flawed conclusion, but I think that the data from the other games where you were a hydra together would indicate I might be wrong with my current read on you.
Well, I think it's flawed in that if it's true from the past, they should be aware of it.
agreed, good players should be able to manipulate their playstyle at will, but I am not getting a vibe that they are trying to fit their playstyle as town, so I am leaning towards their post style being genuine.
In post 442, Selkies wrote:This entire page had me cringing the whole way through

Goodfather, do you have experience playing mafia offsite?

441 was the most open pile of WIFOM I've seen for a bit

In 440: out of curiosity can you tell the difference between our posts? Because I feel like Fery's play this game is on the same level of activity, if not more, than all her other games and idk what you're talking about
I have only been playing for about a month, and my completed games are all on another site where the phases are typically 24 hours or less and there are no hydras. I am still adjusting to the longer phases and I am really slow with my adjustments to hydras. And I like to think I am able to distinguish between heads. Orc tends to post shorter more emotional posts that can be perceived as more aggressive than ffery. If I had to guess, I would say that this is orc's post i am responding too, but I am not sure. Am i wrong??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 481, Bert wrote:
In post 406, The Goodfather wrote:As I've said, I am wary of hydras, and I will continue to be as long as they remain unknown to me.
That may be simple minded, but i have found that skepticism is often justified in this game, especially this early in the game
This feels either unbelievably innocent-sounding or manipulative, depending on how you look at it.

I'm trying to think about Goodfather. My only inkling so far with perspective is that he can ramble on a lot, and often not really scumhunting-based, if you get my drift...
In post 438, The Goodfather wrote:That being said, i am not just going to remove my vote. You are in no real danger of being hammered, so for now, i am going to keep my vote on you while i reread the thread and re-evaluate my read to see if anyone else sticks out more as scum.
Ffery, this is the type of post that really got to me in Newbie 1415 (past game). I get bothered when people just go "let me take a long, long moment before I place this really, really tactical vote." Exaggerating, but......
In post 445, The Goodfather wrote:If I had to guess, I would say that this is orc's post i am responding too, but I am not sure. Am i wrong??
My observation is that you're preoccupied with discussing Orc and Ffery and their hydra, and I don't see how this discussion is going to do any good...
what do you say to that?

all of these observations of yours are just examining small aspects of my posts that have to do with my suspicion of selkies, but i'll answer your question

@bold, I was answering selkies questions as to whether i could tell the heads apart. I never got told if I was right tho.
And I am admittedly new to both mafia as a game and to this site specifically, but I am adjusting to hydras by asking questions and trying to get a better understanding. I prefer to be informed and make reasoned posts rather than simply relying on gut instinct, and the best way to do that is to ask questions. also, asking questions is a good way to get a better read on someone.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 am

Post by The Goodfather »

Please do not talk about ongoing games.

--Nat
Last edited by Natirasha on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:15 am

Post by The Goodfather »

sorry nati.

and @selkies, in response to 524, I have been lynched, and it was a majority. Sorry for referencing an ongoing game, btw
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:20 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 538, Cabd wrote:GF, we're asking if you have games off site that are completed.
yes, I was modkilled in my first game cause i hinted to hard at my role and hinting was forbidden that game. I also got majority lynched in another game off site. I started by playing a handful of mafia academy game on another site. Basically 9 players, 7 town 2 mafia, and a specific set of roles.

Currently on MS tho, all of my games are active

Can i say the other site, or is that against the rules? (i ask because on the other site you can't reference other websites wihtout getting an infraction cause they consider it advertising)
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 am

Post by The Goodfather »

Academy games:
http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/showt ... ight=mafia
-town, cop; town win

-mafia, no pr, mafia win

-town, but this game never finished because of on-site maintenance.

Mini-mafia game:
-mafia, indie win

Full Game:
-indie with a day kill

This last game got interrupted because of site maintenance, so this is only half the game thread because the other half is missing.

This is everything completed on the other site. And the site One Piece Bay (OPB) has mafia as a secondary aspect of the site, whereas it is the primary focus of mafiascum.net
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I fell behind on this game, sorry everyone. I am gonna try to catch up tonight before i go to bed and make a reads list in the morning(which is more like afternoon since its gonna be 4 am by the time i get to sleep. xD
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 736, Katsuki wrote:kinda sick and forgot about game iwll post
someday
maybe
... :facepalm: ... take all the time you need :igmeou:...
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 742, Katsuki wrote:I'm pretty sure it's also a proven scum meta of mine that if I'm providing concrete thoughts and cases I'm scum, so no thanks I'm not gonna do that this game haha.
so why are you an asset to the town if this is how you play? What reason should you stay in the game for. You only make conrete thoughts and cases when you're scum, so you are basically a useless townie...
In post 745, Katsuki wrote:Gamestate without reading the game? Damn this is gonna be a hard one.

I'd say, selkie scum is wagoned, partnerbert and selkiescum are doing all they can to get a counterwagon going but it's not working well.
Then you have a bunch of other ppl who are useless/scum. Not sure which were the ones who called me scum or a good policy lynch/jester outside of fourtrouble, but that's a really bad assessment to be making if town (who the fuck just leaves it at
"oh this jester or policy lynch is good watch me say this as I do not look for scum"
).
Actually typing this post right now I really need to go back and look (or you can do it for me <3). But yeah I at least found my scum, there are too many who aren't even scumhunting and looking for easy wagons or leaving the backdoor open
if a katsuki-wagon pops up (those are probably your selkie scumbuddies)
closest thing you've done that resembles scum hunting. You basically are only saying that if selkies is scum, then bert is scum too.

Oh and lets not forget you basically saying anyone who votes for me is scum. I can't ever recall hearing of a pre-meditated omgus, thats almost impressive... almost
In post 759, Katsuki wrote:
In post 747, notscience wrote:@Katsuki, any ETA for a catchup?

Probably never. (while I'd love to say maybe, it has never happened in the 3+ yrs I've been here so)
Is this how you typically play? Not making cases, putting pressure, or even reading the thread??

How does that work out for you?

I still am suspicious of selkies, and i realize the following two things:

1 - if i am suspicious of selkies, why vote for the same person as them?
- because i have been rethinking my initial selkies read for the last few days. In that time, katsuki has done less than nothing.

2 - If i am suspicious of selkies, why am i voting for someone that is also suspicious of selkies?

- because i don't get think katsuki's read is genuine. He even admitted that he wouldn't be making concrete cases, so at best his reads are gut instinct. It feels as if he is just agreeing with what a lot of people were saying at the time, that selkies was scummy.

UNVOTE: Selkies

VOTE: Katsuki

also not a fan of bert's self-hammer threat, but i understand the tactic. I just happen to disagree with it in this case.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 742, Katsuki wrote:I'm pretty sure it's also a proven scum meta of mine that if I'm providing concrete thoughts and cases I'm scum, so no thanks I'm not gonna do that this game haha.
so why are you an asset to the town if this is how you play? What reason should you stay in the game for. You only make conrete thoughts and cases when you're scum, so you are basically a useless townie...
In post 745, Katsuki wrote:Gamestate without reading the game? Damn this is gonna be a hard one.

I'd say, selkie scum is wagoned, partnerbert and selkiescum are doing all they can to get a counterwagon going but it's not working well.
Then you have a bunch of other ppl who are useless/scum. Not sure which were the ones who called me scum or a good policy lynch/jester outside of fourtrouble, but that's a really bad assessment to be making if town (who the fuck just leaves it at
"oh this jester or policy lynch is good watch me say this as I do not look for scum"
).
Actually typing this post right now I really need to go back and look (or you can do it for me <3). But yeah I at least found my scum, there are too many who aren't even scumhunting and looking for easy wagons or leaving the backdoor open
if a katsuki-wagon pops up (those are probably your selkie scumbuddies)
closest thing you've done that resembles scum hunting. You basically are only saying that if selkies is scum, then bert is scum too.

Oh and lets not forget you basically saying anyone who votes for me is scum. I can't ever recall hearing of a pre-meditated omgus, thats almost impressive... almost
In post 759, Katsuki wrote:
In post 747, notscience wrote:@Katsuki, any ETA for a catchup?

Probably never. (while I'd love to say maybe, it has never happened in the 3+ yrs I've been here so)
Is this how you typically play? Not making cases, putting pressure, or even reading the thread??

How does that work out for you?

I still am suspicious of selkies, and i realize the following two things:

1 - if i am suspicious of selkies, why vote for the same person as them?
- because i have been rethinking my initial selkies read for the last few days. In that time, katsuki has done less than nothing.

2 - If i am suspicious of selkies, why am i voting for someone that is also suspicious of selkies?

- because i don't get think katsuki's read is genuine. He even admitted that he wouldn't be making concrete cases, so at best his reads are gut instinct. It feels as if he is just agreeing with what a lot of people were saying at the time, that selkies was scummy.

also not a fan of bert's self-hammer threat, but i understand the tactic. I just happen to disagree with it in this case.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 771, Katsuki wrote:skimmed iso

Unvote, Vote: Acronis
so i hope the more experienced players can answer me this question:

is it sketchy for katsuki to jump onto the biggest wagon not even minutes after his wagon became the 2nd largest?

That seems scummy to me :mrgreen:
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

my understanding of neighborhoods is that not all members necessarily have the same affiliation.

So can the three of you really be sure of each others affiliation? I doubt that you would have outed yourselves if you were the scum team, so it is likely that 1 or more are town, but there is also no guarantee that you are all town. Is this understanding of neighborhoods correct @natirasha??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

last question about the neighborhood, is one of you a neighborizer?

like did you all start the game knowing you were in a neighborhood, or was it something that you were notified about after the game had started??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 862, Cabd wrote:
In post 858, The Goodfather wrote:last question about the neighborhood, is one of you a neighborizer?

like did you all start the game knowing you were in a neighborhood, or was it something that you were notified about after the game had started??
How would this be alignment indicative at all?
it is not necessarily alignment indicative, but it might make more sense of muffins early day phase play.

I am still a bit thrown by his initial post where he seemingly arbitrarily decided a few reads.

He didn't name either of the members of his neighborhood
In post 152, zMuffinMan wrote:katsuki is town, foutrouble is town, mafiassk is maybe town, selkies is scum
Plus it would help analyze early town reads from the three of them. What if they made reads before they were all invited to the neighborhood? and what if those reads changed after talking in the qt?

Knowing the sequence of events will help when analyzing early day phase posting. That seems pretty straightforward to me. I also want to have a better understanding of the game mechanics. i have not come across neighborhoods firsthand before, and asking questions is the best way for me to learn how it works
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

responding to a prod. Sorry everyone, lost track of time this weekend with the superbowl and stuff irl. Catching up on the thread now
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1179, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1172, Aronis wrote:
In post 1171, Katsuki wrote:A SELKIE WAGON??!?

VOTE SELKIE
Could you at least explain this vote?
Katsuki wrote:
selkie wrote:you stupid fucker.
That is rude, mean and utterly uncalled for. Natimodpls
is this supposed to mean that you jumped on the selkies wagon simply because she upset you by saying 'you stupid fucker'??

its like 5 am now, but i am all caught up. i am gonna try to post a list of reads tomorrow after work

i voted for katsuke yesterday, and it seems like his/her scummy behavior has not stopped with a new dp.

I hope there is a better explanation for your vote other than ^ that post in reply to aronis.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

So I am gonna be busy taking care of family stuff irl for the next day or two, so i thought i'd post now before i won't have a chance to. Seems like i have a wagon on me, and it seems like its nobody's fault but mine for not being particularly active this game. I don't wanna to be lynched today, so here a breakdown of how i see the game so far:

1. MafiaSSK* - 135 ( seemingly blindly accepts a case on katsuki), 166 (another blind acceptance of a selkies lynch), 231 (gets convinced by selkies of a muffin lynch) 236 and 914 (defends aronis the first time, then jumps on the lynch)

over 100 plus posts with almost no content, multiple vote shifts with little to no justification except for blindly accepting other arguments. 270 is the only semblance of scumhunting

SSK is one of my scum reads

2. Cabd - town; seems to be scumhunting in earnest

3. Selkies(fferyllt+orcinus_theoriginal) - null; not sure about selkies. Still adjusting to hydras

4. zMuffinMan - null leaning town; his playstyle is very foreign to me, a lot of his posts lack justification, but it seems as if he reserves his reasoning for posts like 590. out of the three in the neighborhood, he is 2nd most likely to be town imo (after IK and before aronis)

6. notscience King Kenny - null leaning town; this read is a lot my read on bert. Their posts, also kinda like nachos are more conversational than i am used to. i am also thrown off by the whole in thread qt thing they have going on.

7. The Goodfather** - town

8. Nachomamma8 kabooooom - like bert and NS, i am getting a mostly null vibe, but i am leaning scum just because that was how i read his slot while kaboooom was playing.

9. Bert Karlos4 - same as not science, null leaning town

11. Aronis** - scum (most likely scum in the neighborhood). He has changed his votes almost 10 times, altogether voting for 6 or 7 different people, with little to no reasoning each time. seems to just hop on whatever wagon is convenient

12. Idiotking* - like his playstyle, and i think he is the most likely town in the neighborhood

13. Katsuki* - scum - seems to be trying to skate by without doing anything. Maybe his meta, but if this is his town game, he is not an asset to our game at all

those are my thoughts.

I am gonna try to post more in the next couple of days, but i may be busy.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Katsuki, yet another vote with no justification putting me at l-1. Wtf?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

sure, that this lynch on me has been started with almost no explanation. Nacho says he's got his reasons, but he isnt gonna share em apparently. Katsuki just seems to do whatever the hell they want. Not sure about why you and selkies are voting me.

I would feel compelled to claim if this felt like a real wagon. The pressue on me is pretty high, but no one has backed it up other than by saying i have not been contributing, That is partially true, but i am trying to pick it up now. I had hoped that my last post (1297) would speak for itself.

And i am especially not inclined to claim because revealing my role would put a more important role in jeopardy.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

You forgot SSK bert.

try not to selectively vote me if at all possible.

Aronis is either really scummy or really newb. i have only played for 2 months, but i know better than to just throw my vote around without justification. I disagree that frequent vote changes with no justification except for the occasional "oh, good point" are not scummy. i will admit that it is not a 100% guarantee, but it is more than Justified to view people who play that way with suspcion.

why am i scum bert? Since you've got your vote on me, you must have valid reasons, right??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

and i don't know what you are referring to with "scummiest playstyle" @bert
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 550, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 1.19

MafiaSSK(1):
Idiotking
Cabd(0):

Selkies(4):
zMuffinman, Katsuki, kabooooomm, The Goodfather
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

King Kenny(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(0):

RossWilliam(2):
FourTrouble
Aronis(1):
Cabd
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(2):
Selkies, Bert
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(3):
King Kenny, RossWilliam, Aronis

With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2014-02-04 21:00:00)
In post 528, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 1.18

MafiaSSK(1):
Idiotking
Cabd(0):

Selkies(4):
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

King Kenny(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(0):

RossWilliam(1):
FourTrouble
Aronis(1):
Cabd
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(2):
Selkies, Bert
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(5):
King Kenny, RossWilliam, Aronis

Deadline:
In post 625, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 1.21

MafiaSSK(1):
Idiotking
Cabd(0):

Selkies(5):
zMuffinman, Katsuki, kabooooomm, The Goodfather, Aronis
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(0):

RossWilliam(1):
FourTrouble
Aronis(2):
Cabd, notscience
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(2):
Selkies, Bert
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(1):
RossWilliam

Deadline:
In post 732, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 1.24

MafiaSSK(1):
Idiotking
Cabd(0):

Selkies(4):
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(0):

RossWilliam(2):
FourTrouble, Aronis
Aronis(4):
Cabd, notscience, RossWilliam, Bert
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(1):
Selkies
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(0):

Deadline:

Prodding Katsuki
In post 781, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 1.26

MafiaSSK(0):

Cabd(0):

Selkies(1):
kabooooomm
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(1):
zMuffinMan
RossWilliam(2):
FourTrouble, Aronis
Aronis(5):
Cabd, notscience, RossWilliam, Bert, Katsuki
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(3):
Selkies, The Goodfather, IdiotKing
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting():

Deadline:
I'm not great at VC analysis, but i'll give it a shot in the morning if i have the time before my doctors appointment. Assuming i haven't been lynched by then.

I still think that judging based on playstyle is fair. You forget that i don't have experience with a lot of these players, so their style may be their town meta, but it appears scummy to me.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@nati, can you delete those vcs from my last post
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:15 am

Post by The Goodfather »

I agree with the ssk lynch. I said so in my post post 1297

It also looks like my vote on katsuki is not doing much. A lot of people have said they would policy lynch katsuki, but no one has acted on it

UNVOTE: katsuki

VOTE: SSK
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1418, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1414, The Goodfather wrote:I agree with the ssk lynch. I said so in my post post 1297
:(
that was a url failure...
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1623 (isolation #39) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

this game went kinda quiet. don't think i've heard from muffin, not science or idiotking.

I have liked seeing more of SSK, but his argument that lurking is not scummy is not convincing imo
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1625, Selkies wrote:
In post 1539, zMuffinMan wrote:i think when i stop being lazy (i say tomorrow, but i am the king of broken promises, so we'll see i guess)
i'll properly sort goodfather then go back and look at the end of D1 and the aronis/ross wagons

coz i still have this icky feeling that aronis was basically talked into upping activity to look town after yesterday and everything he writes makes me want to pl him[
/quote]
idk about goodfather but this sounds like a thrilling read
i'm interested in that muffin
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 781, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 1.26

MafiaSSK(0):

Cabd(0):

Selkies(1):
kabooooomm
zMuffinMan(1):
MafiaSSK
FourTrouble(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(0):

kabooooom(0):

Bert(1):
zMuffinMan
RossWilliam(2):
FourTrouble, Aronis
Aronis(5):
Cabd, notscience, RossWilliam, Bert, Katsuki
Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(3):
Selkies, The Goodfather, IdiotKing
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting():

Deadline:
In post 1258, Natirasha wrote:
Vote Count 2.5

MafiaSSK(0):

Cabd(0):

Selkies(3):
MafiaSSK, Katsuki, Bert
zMuffinMan(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(2):
Nachomamma8, Selkies
Nachomamma8(0):

Bert(0):

Aronis(0):

Idiotking(0):

Katsuki(3):
The Goodfather, Aronis, Idiotking
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(3):
zMuffinMan, notscience, Cabd

With eleven alive, it takes six to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2014-02-19 21:00:00)
In post 1656, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1651, Aronis wrote:
In post 1650, Katsuki wrote:Think I'm due for a proddodge.
@Natriasha, Can you force people to post content in order to avoid prods? Instead of just prod dodging.
Alternatively, I can just dump my vote on you for the rest of the game and never move it because I'm sure that will make you more happy amirite?

If I had my way, I'd shoot you, selkies, IK and goodfather before I start participating in the game.
thats some bloodlust there. Way to OMGUS every person whose voted for you in one statement... except for bert, you left him out....:facepalm:
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

i'm willing to say that you shouldn't replace out either even tho you have a scum read on me. I just want people to be participative and actively giving reads and justification. I am still new to this game so im sure I can only do so much, but it sounds like you could be a great asset to the town if you wanted to be.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1755 (isolation #43) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:54 am

Post by The Goodfather »

UNVOTE: SSK

not sure i like SSK at l-1, want to make sure there is no CC
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (isolation #44) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1756, Guyett wrote:How do you propose checking if the claim is legitimate?

I just want to hear from every player. I don't think nacho has posted since SSK claimed doc, so he may come back and say its bs.

i don't like to agree with aronis because his play has been spastic at best, but the only ways to verify his claim are if we all mass claim or if he dies. As of now i am not for a massclaim on dp2, and i think that selkies and IK are a little suspect for asking for one this early in the game (selkies is leaning scum for me and IK is leaning town for me tho). I will keep my vote off SSK til we hear from every player, then i will reassess my vote.

dunno if that makes sense, but so far none of the players have called bs, and i have my own reasons for believing his claim
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1943 (isolation #45) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:27 am

Post by The Goodfather »

with aronis' vote on selkies, both he and selkies are l-3. We've got like 3 days to figure out what to do this dp. If we can't decide by then nati will take a random shot to figure out who is lynched.

As of now bert, both nacho's vote for IK and ffery/selkies vote on me are not accomplishing anything.

I am inclined to say that SSK should targeted by the cop tonight. Ideally it would be a rolecop so we can verify his claim without having to kill him in case he is not bs with his claim
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:39 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1944, Guyett wrote:There's a cop now?
i should hope so. No one has claimed if thats what you're asking, but i would hope we have a cop in action to help us determine alignments. Is it that strange to assume there is a cop? fyi, i'd be fine with the cop (assuming there is one) to investigate me if i am truly as suspicious as selkies makes me out to be. I just feel like their vote is OMGUS for my suspicion of them dp1
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (isolation #47) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:41 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1946, Selkies wrote:
In post 1942, Bert wrote:Nacho if he really believed in an Aronis lynch could sway it.

Ditto with Ffery on Goodfather.
What do you think about Aronis voting to tie up our wagon with his?

And what would you think if I did the same thing and put him ahead and at L-2?
seems like an attempt to save his ass and even the tables. Not sure if its truly alignment indicative one way or another, but i am more inclined to think that he is scum than town
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (isolation #48) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:41 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1948, Guyett wrote:is selkies a hydra with ffery in it?

ffery and orcinus iirc
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (isolation #49) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2020, Selkies wrote:
In post 2010, Bert wrote:why are you confident in GF as scum, ffery

what has he done, and why havent you pushed that case if you believe enough to recommend he be vigged
You guys were lynching me without orcinus around to make his case for Aronis or IK. If we are getting lynched today I hope you'll give us both time to post well formed last thoughts.
doesn't look like you're gonna die today. Why not answer berts question? I would like you to elaborate on your read on me as well selkies/ffery/orc whoever i am talking to
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (isolation #50) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

didn't mean it in a negative way if thats what you're saying. I still have a difficult time differentiating between heads, but i am pretty sure this is ffery that has been posting since it sounds like orcinus hasn't been participative recently
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (isolation #51) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

You guys keep criticizing my reads because they are largely based on analyzing playstyle... maybe that is a valid reason to criticize reads for experienced players like you who have played with one another. i am not only new to the site i am new to mafia as a game. less than 2 months playing. I have no meta knowledge of any of you, so I'm not sure what else i should be basing my reads on. Playstyle incorporates many aspects of the game: number of posts, content of posts, voting analysis, reads lists, cases made, etc.

I am also even unfamiliar with roles in this game, so i have had no experience with hydras or neighborhoods in any of my experience. I apologize if that takes some getting used to.

I have been playing 5 games since i joined, and i had to drop out of one of them because i was unable to keep up with the thread and i let that game slip. I'm sorry if my posts lead you all to believe i'm scum, but i have been trying to contribute. I will endeavor to do more. Thats all i can promise right now.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2146 (isolation #52) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

VOTE: Selkies

My initial and continuing scum read. I'm not sure why 2 days is a very little amount of time ssk, when i started playing around christmas it was on a site with 24 hour phases. 2 days seems like a lot of time. I do agree that this dp shouldn't go to random lynch if we haven't reached a majority, but my vote is mostly based on my persistently scummy (although one time null) read on selkies.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2159 (isolation #53) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2147, notscience wrote:Cabd's been implying you-scum in his posts and Bert asked me for my vote
then let him shoot me if he is that convinced
In post 2149, Guyett wrote:GF you should claim
nope. I've already hinted at it. Thought that would be sufficient. Let just say that my reason for getting off of SSK is because my role makes me believe that he is not lying
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2161 (isolation #54) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2150, Selkies wrote:
In post 2146, The Goodfather wrote:VOTE: Selkies

My initial and continuing scum read. I'm not sure why 2 days is a very little amount of time ssk, when i started playing around christmas it was on a site with 24 hour phases. 2 days seems like a lot of time. I do agree that this dp shouldn't go to random lynch if we haven't reached a majority, but my vote is mostly based on my persistently scummy (although one time null) read on selkies.
Kindly stop ignoring my question about your Kabooom scum read.
sorry, wasn't avoiding it intentionally; it was just gut. I was playing with him in another game before i subbed and he seemed equally as scummy. Pure gut. If it were a stronger read i would have tried to pursue it further.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2165 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

no, kaboooms read and nacho's read are both based solely on their individual play.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (isolation #56) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

at the time nacho's post style was new to me.

Many consecutive messages in short succession; lots of what seemed like inside jokes that i couldn't understand; and lackluster reads

If you want to know my role so badly i'll claim and just let the cards fall where they may.

i'm a town nurse/back up doctor
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2168 (isolation #57) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

not that that role reveal helps me much. As long as ssk is alive i won't be a pr (assuming he is not lying about the doctor claim)
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2172 (isolation #58) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2170, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1318, The Goodfather wrote:And i am especially not inclined to claim because revealing my role would put a more important role in jeopardy.
although i think this is an overstatement since it doesn't _really_ put a doc in jeopardy and doc isn't _actually_ important if you're a back-up doc
No, but if i confirm nurse, it might confirm to mafia that SSKs claim is true, and from what i can tell doctors are never able to protect themselves.
In post 2171, zMuffinMan wrote:also why did it take you so long to unvote SSK after his claim? (he claimed #1644, you posted twice afterwards and then unvoted in your third post)
tbh, i was being a little seflish and wanted a pr... being a nurse is basically being a vt until the doctor dies. I got over that when i realized it would mean that the town loses a member and a protective role... plus ssk will probably pick better targets as i'm still new
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (isolation #59) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:11 am

Post by The Goodfather »

soooo... i'm not down with this iK wagon... i think aronis is most likely to be scum in the neighborhood.

i also really dislike the speed with which his wagon reached l-1, and even more so, i dislike the reasonings behind the lynch itself.

Why IK over aronis?

and more importantly, why IK over selkies?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (isolation #60) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:12 am

Post by The Goodfather »

Why do you want his vote back on you IK?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (isolation #61) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 am

Post by The Goodfather »

there's l-1 again. And my comment didn't specify cabd in anyway, so why bring him up?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 am

Post by The Goodfather »

my bad, i thought aronis voted for ik which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

so bert has 2, ik has 5, and my vote on selkies is about as useless as a car with 5 wheels
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2338 (isolation #63) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:45 am

Post by The Goodfather »

It seems like people don't actually think i am new to the game. to that i have a 37 point rebuttal (of which i will share the top 3)

1) I'm wicked smaht, so i learn quickly

2) since i started playing at christmas, i have basically been playing non-stop, like 5 games going at any given time. That allows me different perspectives on the game

3) here is my first game i played: part 1 - this was a thread recovered by a site admin because the game had a hiatus cause all of the threads got deleted while the forum underwent an upgrade. link: http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/showt ... ame-Thread

part 2: we resumed the game before the thread could be retrieved from the old DB, so here is the continuation of the game link: http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/showt ... Thread-0-2

(my username there is ShichiDrewKai. don't ask; unless you read One Piece it wouldn't make any sense)

I initally subbed into a game where i got killed almost immediately... like i literally got in two posts before i got killed... so i won't include that

oh, and feel free to join OPB, its a realtively small mafia community, but the dp's are quicker and there are always 3 games going on ( a regular mafia game, a mini mafia game, and an academy game for newbies) if you join, feel free to mention me as a referrer.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2380 (isolation #64) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

thats a weird thing to do ssk. You seem to be jsut going with other peoples opinions and not really making any of your own.

when my claim turns out to be true, you will be invaluable if people think your claim is true. I am one of those people btw. I don't know nati well enough to spec on the roles, but i have personally never seen a protective mafia role.

and my activity is not exactly lurker level. I may have less than 100 posts, but a large majority of my posts have been substantive. Can you say the same? {nacho/ssk/bert/notsci/ssk}
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (isolation #65) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

well, the only claimed vig roll is you, and from i can glean from your claim cabd, you can only use it every other night (even numbered days)... that doesn't exactly strike me as overly OP... in fact, most of the towns roles claimed so far are protective or informative:

protective: mine, ssk(possibly)
informative: neighborhood trio (this is assuming all three are town. I think it is likely that 1 is scum, and my reads in decreasing order of certainty are

muffin - town
IK -leaning town
aronis - null leaning scum
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (isolation #66) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

is it possible that the neighbors have other abilities besides being in a neighborhood?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2430 (isolation #67) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

there are only 3 and a half hours left. I don't think its a good idea to lynch ssk just in case he is not lying.
I suppose that its safe since his role is maintained with me around.

Why has the game died so close to the end of the dp??

And as it stands a random person will be lynched. Do we really want that?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2432 (isolation #68) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I am not opposed to that tbh. He hasn't been active at all recently, and even when he was active he was not giving justification and he refused to claim.... tho at the time a lot of people that have claimed haven't iirc
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2433 (isolation #69) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

it would accomplish more than my vote on selkies tbh.

Here, i'll start

VOTE: Nacho
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2439 (isolation #70) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2437, notscience wrote:yeah, it's IK or NL. That whole "oh he's MIA at DL" is bullshit
given Nacho's sitewide activity or lack thereof
meaning he is has been inactive these last 2 days all across the board?

it just seems weird that he was so active when he first subbed and now he has been quiet for the last couple days.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2445 (isolation #71) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2440, notscience wrote:
Nacho's been inactive during the weeks due to IRL stuff, ask Ffery, Cabd, Bert, etc.

And if Cabd touches a hair on Bert's head I'm running him into the ground no questions asked.

Then is this true @selkies? I faintly remember reading something along those lines
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2453 (isolation #72) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

a no lynch most likely, meaning a random lynch chosen by nati
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2466 (isolation #73) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@Nacho, will you at least claim like now like the rest of us? (has bert claimed?)
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2489 (isolation #74) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

theres less than an hour left people... so i guess we're going with random lynch?...
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2590 (isolation #75) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 am

Post by The Goodfather »

VOTE: Aronis

Most Likely Scum in the Neighborhood.

Muffin is one of my stronger town reads, and aronis' change between dp1 and dp2 does smell like coaching.

Is it possible that both cabd and mafia targeted the same person and that that person was protected by SSK?

The only other things that makes sense is one of three things:

1) cabd is lying about his claim (not very likely, but could be true)

2) SSK is a scum doc ( a few people brought up this idea yesterday, but i have never come across that myself)

3) one of the VT's is actually a scum roleblocker and the mafia went with a no kill for some reason (or once again cabd targeted the same player as the mafia)
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2656 (isolation #76) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

wasn't cabd supposed to say who he targeted after ask says who he protected?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2658 (isolation #77) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2611, Aronis wrote:VOTE: MafiaSSK

Tired of waiting, we have a nurse.
this does not give me town vibes, especially since cabd had literally just said that everyone was waiting to hear who ask protected
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2659 (isolation #78) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

oh, I missed that. Makes sense, doubt he targeted muffin
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2677 (isolation #79) » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:29 am

Post by The Goodfather »

So whats the deal? These posts don't count? For how long, and when do our votes start to be tallied again?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2694 (isolation #80) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

so have we reached the point where votes start to count??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2757 (isolation #81) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:43 am

Post by The Goodfather »

just caught up with the stuff since nati restarted that game. Seems like a lotta suspicion is being thrown around. I don't have the same experience that you all do with guyett, but i get town vibes from him. Nacho strikes me as playing scummier at this point tbh

I think aronis is the safest bet today tho unless there have been updates in the neighborhood that we haven't hear of

VOTE: Aronis

Bert is either really town or i have no aptitude whatsoever for this game, which is still possible I suppose.

Why has there been no suspicion of selkies today? Ever since they escaped the chopping block no one has really said anything. Cabd even got his last dance with them and nothing seemed to come of it.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2811 (isolation #82) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2809, Selkies wrote:No, I'm misremembering. The reason Cabd came down on SSK like a ton of bricks was the combo of trajectory on me with claiming to have protected me.
I think he specifically said that he didn't like that ask protected he had a weak read on you. He said it didn't make sense since you were not his strongest town read. Something like that
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2893 (isolation #83) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@zmuffin, anything you want to share from the qt that aronis is seemingly unwilling to share??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2895 (isolation #84) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Then you should maybe be a little more forthcoming. I didn't buy that 1 shot cop thing for a sec.

It seems a little like you are just trying to string us along so that you don't get lynched.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2917 (isolation #85) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

that was my impression of it as well. Especially since we started off dp1 talking about the game specific rules
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2918 (isolation #86) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Muffin, what do you think of aronis' claim swapping and play this dp? 1 shot cop, day vig, and then he waved this mysterious 'X' in our faces to try to keep himself from being lynched
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2920 (isolation #87) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

then who are your top suspects for todays lynch?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2925 (isolation #88) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I think guyett is right. Aronis has been acting suspicious, but it seems like an overeager townie. I just dislike his fake claiming and trying to use mysterious knowledge to prevent from being lynched, especially when that mysterious knowledge that was NS's comment

UNVOTE: Aronis
VOTE: Nacho
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3171 (isolation #89) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Is bert still trying to push thru a NL? doesn;t make much sense to me, but something he said indicated to me that there is a site rule where the game is called early if there are 3 nights without a death? Can anyone clarify this rule as i haven't come across it yet on site

Nacho - let me get this straight. You have been playing with complete and utter apathy this whole game.... and you find muffin suspicious for not voting you?? Is this how you won that best town performance? by being a super troll? tbh, i liked your interactions with NS in the last few pages

NS - I have been thinking about muffins idea that not sciences comment was a townslip. I can see that happening somewhat, but we talked about the game specific rules for a good portion of the first dp. I don't know how NS plays, but it could be just a way for him to try to be funny and make himself look town simultaneously. Obviously, the mafia members would know about the day talk aspect, so its not too far of a stretch to imagine them making a comment like that. I know this is kinda WIFOM-y, but its really not if you think about it
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3174 (isolation #90) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I'm pretty sure bert can't be considered a lurker with almost 600 posts.... maybe thats just me tho... :roll:
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3181 (isolation #91) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

UNVOTE: Nacho

VOTE: Selkies[/unvote]

I said before i don't understand why this wagon failed yesterday and why no one has pursued it today.

I still think its our safest bet.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3195 (isolation #92) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Thanks for letting me know i messed up the vote @bert. my bad

UNVOTE: Nacho (in case that didn't go through either

The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3196 (isolation #93) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@nati can we get a updated VC?

It seems like you might get the chance to cast your lightning bolts down from the heavens after all
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3198 (isolation #94) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Whats on your mind?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3200 (isolation #95) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Which one? The one that nacho started today and you followed?

Or the one yesterday on IK?

Im guessing that you are referring to yourself, but to be fair, i voted for you before everyone else iirc. I just voted in the wrong format so it didn't go through
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3203 (isolation #96) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

We only have 2 hours... it seems like everyone is content with a random lynch.

And what happened to us talking, selkies?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3205 (isolation #97) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

So are you gonna stick with a random lynch, or cast a vote @muffin?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3218 (isolation #98) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@muffin, i get that you are interested in a random lynch for shits and giggles, but with only 10 of us left, it is far more likely for a townie to be lynched than scum. It seems against the town win con to be fine with a random lynch
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3219 (isolation #99) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

How am i a better lynch? With me around, the town has a backup doctor
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3221 (isolation #100) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I'm just saying that a majority of the players alive are town, so if nati chooses someone at random, we have a 1/11 chance of no one being lynched. And every one of us has a 9.0909 (1/11) percent chance of being lynched randomly, and with 7 townies left (which seems to be the consensus) the chances of a townie dying are 63.6363%
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3223 (isolation #101) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

6. If a deadline is achieved and a player has not achieved the majority for lynching, then I will publically role a die with sides equal to the
number of
living
players+No Lynch
. Whoever's number is chosen will be killed.

from the first page^

10 living players, 1 extra for no lynch
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3230 (isolation #102) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

guys, theres only 10 minutes left iirc

we are officially at last minute
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3235 (isolation #103) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

last minute switch to aronis??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3238 (isolation #104) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

still 1 short i think. @Cabd, @nacho?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3241 (isolation #105) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

also ask and aronis. And what about that self hammer selkies?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3245 (isolation #106) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

interested to see how this dice roll thing happens tho.

I hope its selkies
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3246 (isolation #107) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

sorry i said aronis and meant NS, my bad
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3250 (isolation #108) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

agreed on NS, he hasn't contributed even tho he promised he would
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3257 (isolation #109) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 3255, Selkies wrote:if it doesn't count cabd please vig us if you can and scumhunt tomorrow.
cabd said he was even compulsive.... if you live thru the dp, what makes you think you'll live past dp4?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3263 (isolation #110) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

tonights np3 which means our cabd couldn't shoot you tonight. At least thats what i thought
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3287 (isolation #111) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I still like selkies lynch. Not sure who exactly Bert's kill would point at as I think he has suspected everyone at one point in time.

Those voting aronis - Is it just cause of his shitty play, or do you think bert's death implicates him in some way?

The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3291 (isolation #112) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

Thought you might have gone silent orci... glad to see otherwise.

What do you think of the aronis lynch?

And wanna give your reads since most of what we've heard from you and fiery has actually been ferry?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3295 (isolation #113) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

That is very weird about SSK/cabd. It makes sense that SSK protected cabd the night with no kill, but that still doesn't explain why SSK has not been targeted.

The only thing that makes sense is that SSK is a mafia doc and the scum no kill gambited to buy him credit.

That still doesn't explain how cabd's kill failed. He could be lying, but I am not so sure about that
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3298 (isolation #114) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

How is that not something to talk about?

outed doc's don't live very long in my limited experience, especially if there are no watchers or trackers to keep track of them. Nor any other town pr for that matter. I don't understand why the mafia would target professed VT's. If you can explain it to me I'd appreciate it.

My guess is you thinks its all a gamble that the mafia team is making to make you suspicious.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3300 (isolation #115) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

I am pretty confident about you being town SSK. My role backs that up and no one CC'd.

I am still unclear as to what happened np2 with no deaths when there should have been a faction kill and a vig kill. Still trying to make sense of that in my head i guess.

Why are you specifically voting Aronis? IIRC, you also started off with that vote last dp
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3314 (isolation #116) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 3313, notscience wrote:dodge until
D5
tomorrow
How are you still alive?? Are you actually trying??

You promise activity, doesn't come. The little activity you brought was you have a caps lock battle with nacho iirc...

Try giving 1/10th of a shit, k?
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3315 (isolation #117) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 am

Post by The Goodfather »

I have a question for everyone: Is there a way to view who is watching the thread currently? i haven't found a way to do so but it seems that people are able to, so I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3326 (isolation #118) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 3325, Guyett wrote:VOTE: notscience
So is 1/11th of a shit not enough for you either??
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3329 (isolation #119) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

Post by The Goodfather »

I understand selkies and ns.

Care to explain Aronis, Nacho, and muffin??

I believe the other claims made. With no cc this late in the game, it makes sense. Tonight will be interesting to see if there is 1 kill or two. That'll help me read cabd better. if there are 2 even nights with no deaths, then Its hard to believe he's a vig.

The fact that he claimed such a specific kinda vig makes me believe him: Compulsive even night vig.... never come across something like that in my experience, but it seems so specific that I can't imagine its fabricated
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3336 (isolation #120) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:46 am

Post by The Goodfather »

from jump. i hinted at it before anyone mass claimed
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3345 (isolation #121) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1318, The Goodfather wrote:sure, that this lynch on me has been started with almost no explanation. Nacho says he's got his reasons, but he isnt gonna share em apparently. Katsuki just seems to do whatever the hell they want. Not sure about why you and selkies are voting me.

I would feel compelled to claim if this felt like a real wagon. The pressue on me is pretty high, but no one has backed it up other than by saying i have not been contributing, That is partially true, but i am trying to pick it up now. I had hoped that my last post (1297) would speak for itself.

And i am especially not inclined to claim because revealing my role would put a more important role in jeopardy.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3373 (isolation #122) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 1734, Cabd wrote:
In post 1733, Guyett wrote:Hello all
someone fill me in on important stuff pls... 70 pages is a lot to read
There's a three man neighborhood; I'm a compulsive night two vig that plans on shooting your slot unless you obvtown it up, and SSK claimed doctor.
In post 1872, Cabd wrote:
In post 1868, zMuffinMan wrote:oh yeah i wasn't around when it was being discussed but i agree with whoever said mass claim today is a good idea
That was me.

Neighbors, Vig, Doctor. Expecting at most one more PR for town.
In post 1977, Cabd wrote:Okay. If you flip town i'll let you direct the shot. Name your target, and we'll mercylynch ya.
In post 2596, Cabd wrote:I'm not gambiting here. Still actually a vig.
In post 3355, Cabd wrote:Even-night Vig-Doc-(2 or 3) neighbors vs rolecop-(goon or neighbor)-RB?
i just assumed that night 2 big meant you shot every other night. Every game i've seen with a vig, the vig has been more than 1 shot. In fact, if i only had a 1 shot ability of any kind, I wouldn't say thats what I was. If I was a neighborizer with only one shot, then I wouldn't really call myself a neighborizer. if i only had 1 vig shot, I wouldn't really call my self a vig. I would say I am a 1 shot vig. You did that once, maybe twice, but not for quite some time. If my faulty memory and assuming when you say vig you mean vig (not 1 shot vig) seems like a scum slip to you, then you can do what you feel like.

know this, I am not a role cop, i am a back up doc. Never been anything other than that.

Id like to think that I could get a little leeway for misinterpreting your role cabd. It seems you make one mistaken assumption and you die. Oh well. Guess i'll live and learn
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3387 (isolation #123) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 am

Post by The Goodfather »

You guys forget that this is my first full game of mafia on site.... I get that mistakes get you killed but I was trying to read between the lines of cabd's post. You all seem pretty convinced tho, so if my lynch helps the town get to victory I am fine to be a martyr.

I just figure that we're at 6:3, mislynch today and we go into np4 at 5:3. If mafia get a kill and cabd mis shoots, its game over.

Just try to think carefully before moving on.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3388 (isolation #124) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:31 am

Post by The Goodfather »

Either way, I'm going to work for now. If I'm still alive when I get back, that'd be awesome. If not, GL everyone
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3391 (isolation #125) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 3389, Guyett wrote:Forgive obv scum slips because its your first full game?
Nope. Just try and remember your first game. Were you perfect? Did you try to read between the lines? Did you make false assumptions?

I frankly am surprised you guys didn't all kill me dp1. I don't spam as much as you all do, and that pointed a target on my back.

I guess If I wanna continue playing here i'll have to incorporate more fluff. Like I said, I obviously made a mistake. It seems like that is enough to warrant death. What else can I do?

I can't undo that mistake. I can't justify it any better than I have tried to because it was a misunderstanding on my part. I guess I die and hopefully learn my lesson not to read into things too much.

I am kinda looking forward to seeing the reactions when I don't flip role cop. I never lied about being a back up doc. If you are so eager to get rid of protection, than so be it.

Like i said, Good luck. I'll come back later to see how I died and the reactions.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4091 (isolation #126) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 am

Post by The Goodfather »

This was an awesome game Nati!

Selkies, Way to go! I can't believe you made it to the end. gj

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”