[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Re: Jungle Republic, I did have some ideas for making the win cons clearer and stopping stalemates a while ago. Since I wrote this I decided the best stalemate breaking system would be:
- If there's a no lynch followed by no nightkill, force a lynch on the next day
- If there's no nightkill followed by no lynch, force a nightkill on the next night
In post 6393, Leafsnail wrote:I'm intending to run an offsite Jungle Republic game, and I had a couple of ideas for rule changes/ clarifications. If anyone could give me their thoughts on them that would be great.

1. Win Conditions
The current Jungle Republic win conditions are a bit complicated, and also leave a case that I think is bad. Here is another version of the win cons that result in the same endgame rules except in that one case.

Town: You win if all threats are eliminated and at least one town player is alive. If you are the only surviving town player and there are still threats alive you will commit suicide. e: The suicide should probably only trigger in the morning to avoid changing some of the endgames too much.

Mafia: You win if at least half of the living players are mafia.

Wolf: You win if at least half of the living players are wolves, unless there are an equal number of wolves and mafia members alive.

The one situation that's changed by this is 2 mafia, 2 wolves, 1 townie. Previously the game would keep going and the townie could act as kingmaker (or the werewolves could shoot for a mafia member). Under these rules, it's a mafia victory, which seems more consistent with the wolf/mafia/townie endgame. This is a slight boost for the mafia, but I don't think it's too significant.

2. Lynching
Should lynching be compulsive even while there are still wolves alive? My instinct is yes, but I'm not sure if there are any absolute deadlock situations I've overlooked. If not, how does one resolve a stalemate?
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

As far as I can tell a 2-2-2 endgame is still perfectly winnable for town, although it does require them to work with mafia and then hope the wolves kill a mafia in the night.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”