Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by NJAC »

I'm reading and posting tonight... after skimming I like Bulba's case on mastin :), but don't fully understand the jump on Yuni :-|

More coming...
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Slandaar »

Mastin you didn't respond to my post from a few pages ago and I would like you to please.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 719, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 706, penguin_alien wrote::good:

Hey people, I should be caught up soon. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to address.
scum Deparado
scum Yuni
scum Gamerantz

Mastins alignment
I'll start by saying that I don't have any firm reads off the bat.

Having read those four ISOs more specifically:

Desperado: Well from my experience of his scum game, he sure isn't partners with Yuni. Neither the early game push nor the more recent game defense look like him interacting with scum partners. Overall his thought processes read as natural; not seeing anything I'd want to lynch there.

Yuni: From the start I don't like the reads list that talks about a lot of players and has no reads that actually commit one way or the other. All reads are qualified as 'for now' or some such; easily reversible across the board. The contrast with the firm read on Maxous is disconcerting. Overall if Yuni is scum it's Ice-scum and not scum with Maxous. There's no way she switched her vote from a committed bus to a likely mislynch (given one scum team's odds of nailing another) when it was going through anyways. The switch back to being waffly is surprising given the beginning of the day vindication of her scum read on Maxous being verified. Quite possibly Ice-scum.

Garmr: Overall I think his approach to questioning people is coming from a town mindset. At one point he asks someone about another player's motives, then realizes he fed possible answers to the person he asked. Indicates spontaneous thought processes. He goes after his cases with zeal, beyond what I'd expect for scum hunting in multiball. Probably town.

mastin: I don't see him trying to control the game flow the way he has as scum in my experience. He's giving reads without shoving them down people's throats as the unmitigated truth. Also don't think he'd out his Fire-scum read on Maxous as scum of any type. He's overall not a busser, and announcing a likely cross-kill attempt has zero payoff late in D1, especially since if he wanted town cred he'd have gotten it by virtue of his softer scum read on Maxous from earlier in the day. I'm OK calling him town.

Then the Fire NK of OGML: Nothing in his ISO seems helpful to me. The Toomai interest reads more like scum's at most considering setting up Toomai, but overall not much there.

I'll keep reading ISOs, more thoughts later.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 727, penguin_alien wrote:I'll start by saying that I don't have any firm reads off the bat.
And how much of the game have you read at the time of that post?
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 725, NJAC wrote:I'm reading and posting tonight... after skimming I like Bulba's case on mastin :), but don't fully understand the jump on Yuni :-|
(Because you're scum, and Bulb's also scum.)
In post 726, Slandaar wrote:Mastin you didn't respond to my post from a few pages ago and I would like you to please.
TSO's town because he is?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 729, mastin2 wrote:TSO's town because he is?
It is hard to find anyone who can actually give a reason for it which I find strange.
In post 614, Slandaar wrote: Now I know it is hard to believe, but I am town, so think about it from my perspective, coming into today as town would you expect me to say 'well thats OK TSO you don't need to explain your vote now because that would be unfair'? No.

What would you expect? exactly what happened.
I really wanted a response to this; I would like to know exactly what you think I would have done.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:50 am

Post by aptil »

How does Bulbazak go from making a case on Mastin and move on to voting someone completely different and only 1 person finds it strange ? UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bulbazak .
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

6 days left.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:19 am

Post by T S O »

I'm so genuinely conflicted right now.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Toomai »

In post 731, aptil wrote:How does Bulbazak go from making a case on Mastin and move on to voting someone completely different and only 1 person finds it strange ? UNVOTE:
Something is wrong with the situation yes, but I don't really think it means Bulbazak is scum, because while his YC vote is weirdly-timed isn't not exactly unexplained (due to several previous posts).
YuniChikako
YuniChikako
Goon
YuniChikako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 am

Post by YuniChikako »

In post 734, Toomai wrote:
In post 731, aptil wrote:How does Bulbazak go from making a case on Mastin and move on to voting someone completely different and only 1 person finds it strange ? UNVOTE:
Something is wrong with the situation yes, but I don't really think it means Bulbazak is scum, because while his YC vote is weirdly-timed isn't not exactly unexplained (due to several previous posts).
First, addressing aptil: That's not a bad place for a vote, but it feels a like you're distancing him a bit. Though I might be thinking about it too much, since the reason you're voting him isn't actually that bad. Eh, I don't know.

Now Toomai: I went through Bulbazak's mentions of me, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't any kind of real explanation. I mean, he's been saying I'm scum, but never
why
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by NJAC »

@Matias: this was adressed to you several pages ago and expected to be answered:
In post 525, NJAC wrote:
In post 505, Matias wrote:
Vote: Yuni

How about this instead then

I don't really like the quickwagon on you at any rate, and I've learned a lot of your game style from the C9++ that we played
This was adressed to Aptil, right? What game was that? What did you learn about his playstyle there? How that relates to THIS game?
On another note: I'm in the process of rereading D2 because I'm feeling clueless at this point... Good News is I asked to be replaced out of most of my games (except this and another one) because I couldn't follow them due to RL issues, so you may expect much more from me, from now on.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by NJAC »

BTW, I'm reading Toomai as town and agree with him in 734. More coming...
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 727, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 719, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 706, penguin_alien wrote::good:

Hey people, I should be caught up soon. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to address.
scum Deparado
scum Yuni
scum Gamerantz

Mastins alignment
I'll start by saying that I don't have any firm reads off the bat.

Having read those four ISOs more specifically:

Desperado: Well from my experience of his scum game, he sure isn't partners with Yuni. Neither the early game push nor the more recent game defense look like him interacting with scum partners. Overall his thought processes read as natural; not seeing anything I'd want to lynch there.

Yuni: From the start I don't like the reads list that talks about a lot of players and has no reads that actually commit one way or the other. All reads are qualified as 'for now' or some such; easily reversible across the board. The contrast with the firm read on Maxous is disconcerting. Overall if Yuni is scum it's Ice-scum and not scum with Maxous. There's no way she switched her vote from a committed bus to a likely mislynch (given one scum team's odds of nailing another) when it was going through anyways. The switch back to being waffly is surprising given the beginning of the day vindication of her scum read on Maxous being verified. Quite possibly Ice-scum.

Garmr: Overall I think his approach to questioning people is coming from a town mindset. At one point he asks someone about another player's motives, then realizes he fed possible answers to the person he asked. Indicates spontaneous thought processes. He goes after his cases with zeal, beyond what I'd expect for scum hunting in multiball. Probably town.

mastin: I don't see him trying to control the game flow the way he has as scum in my experience. He's giving reads without shoving them down people's throats as the unmitigated truth. Also don't think he'd out his Fire-scum read on Maxous as scum of any type. He's overall not a busser, and announcing a likely cross-kill attempt has zero payoff late in D1, especially since if he wanted town cred he'd have gotten it by virtue of his softer scum read on Maxous from earlier in the day. I'm OK calling him town.

Then the Fire NK of OGML: Nothing in his ISO seems helpful to me. The Toomai interest reads more like scum's at most considering setting up Toomai, but overall not much there.

I'll keep reading ISOs, more thoughts later.
Can I ask who are your strongest reads that you have given so far. Town or scum just so I can get some sort of angle where your thinking from.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Slandaar »

Currently Yuni is going to be lynched today.

If you think she is town you need to step up and defend her.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 am

Post by Desperado »

Unvote

Still think Yuni and Penguin are not on the same team and Penguin's initial reads look really good to me. Especially the Yuni bit, which generally would give me some pause but the point she raises is so damn good (and unique, unless I missed someone else already bringing it up) that it makes up for her coming in and FOSing her counterwagon.
;)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:49 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

In post 739, Slandaar wrote:Currently Yuni is going to be lynched today.

If you think she is town you need to step up and defend her.
There you go white-knighting again, jumping in to say that sounds like you have the town's best interest in mind when you're not actually doing anything to help.

What purpose does it serve if you, who are voting Yuni, ask for defense on her? If you were actually concerned with hearing a case, which cases concerning her towniness have been posted by myself and others, you would wait until after hearing something to decide where to place your vote. As it stands, you've already decided, so what's the point?

can we have a votecount

On it - City
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:56 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

how is anybody reading Slandaar as town god damn
ElectricSavages
ElectricSavages
Townie
ElectricSavages
Townie
Townie

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:06 am

Post by ElectricSavages »

Votecount 2.6

Yunichikawowwow [4]
- Matias, Bulbazak, Slandaar, Desperado

penguin_alien [3]
- Garmr, Toomai, evilpacman18

Bulbazak [2]
- mastin2, aptil

Toomai [1]
- Yiley

PeregrineV [1]
- NJAC

Desperado [1]
- PeregrineV

Not Voting [4]
-T S O, penguin_alien, Yunichikawowwow, RachMarie

With 16 alive, it takes
9[/i]
votes to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-01-22 11:25:02).

V/LA

Bulbazak : to 18/01

I am very, very, very sorry for the lack of votecounts for so long. Shouldn't happen again. - City
Last edited by ElectricSavages on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:13 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

This is pretty obviously a distraction to the good wagon on JKLM slot. Slandaar of course is part of the problem but Desperado looks bad too. Bulba is just misguided because of not believing in wagon speed and timing being relevant. Looking at the VCs, Yuni can be determined town without ever reading one of her posts. -_- I'll have to rethink teams. If anybody wants to talk compromises, I'd go for aptil or even Mastin before letting obvious town get lynched
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 741, evilpacman18 wrote: There you go white-knighting again, jumping in to say that sounds like you have the town's best interest in mind
Ah yes, good to see you again Pacman, maybe I am saying things which sound like I have the town's best interest in mind because I do have the town's best interest in mind, hm? that sure is hard to imagine.
In post 741, evilpacman18 wrote: when you're not actually doing anything to help.
But I am; This town is full of mice, I am trying to generate discussion on the subject of Yuni.
In post 741, evilpacman18 wrote: What purpose does it serve if you, who are voting Yuni, ask for defense on her? If you were actually concerned with hearing a case, which cases concerning her towniness have been posted by myself and others, you would wait until after hearing something to decide where to place your vote. As it stands, you've already decided, so what's the point?
To force people to take a stance on the wagon. You are right, I probably won't change my opinion on her but that really wasn't the point.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Toomai »

Hey mod can you prod some dudes while you're at it? And recheck that votecount, you have Bulbazak listed twice.

I have not seen much town from YC in general, and I still don't like the JKLM slot. I'll vote either of them if necessary to get a lynch.

There's a reason I usually let Jacob do the votecounts... Anyway, you're right, and it has been fixed. - City
Last edited by ElectricSavages on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:19 am

Post by T S O »

In post 740, Desperado wrote:
Unvote

Still think Yuni and Penguin are not on the same team and Penguin's initial reads look really good to me. Especially the Yuni bit, which generally would give me some pause but the point she raises is so damn good (and unique, unless I missed someone else already bringing it up) that it makes up for her coming in and FOSing her counterwagon.
No, not good.
In post 742, evilpacman18 wrote:how is anybody reading Slandaar as town god damn
he's so town misguided, though. you can see he was geared up to go after me because he was mad yesterday I wasn't answering.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:27 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

He's had the same reads all game and everything he posts is contrived and fake.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Slandaar »

Pacman on the subject of fake posting could you address my point on Yuni in .

She hadn't considered maybe Aptil is just a fool? I find it hard to believe; her stance change was too sudden and very awkward.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”