Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 73, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 72, Brian Skies wrote:Didn't realize this was based on the manga. Haven't read it.

Regarding Pie, I do understand where he's coming from based on how the first season of the anime ends. They don't explicitly say what Annie's true intentions were and it looked like a pretty big grey area.
Dude, Annie murdered her own teammates to steal their removal gear so she wouldn't get busted for sabotaging the Titans research. Grey area, it is not. She's bad news.

Alas, this is likely a distraction.
Maneuver gear, rather. I may be playing MtG whilst reading this. >.>

Anyway, Brian, do you think flavour is relevant here or no? I'm not sure where you stand on this since you seem to be arguing for both sides.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 75, Kazekirimaru wrote:Anyway, Brian, do you think flavour is relevant here or no? I'm not sure where you stand on this since you seem to be arguing for both sides.
I think flavor can be helpful, but not for directly specifying alignments. If the mod specified that flavor isn't alignment indicative, then there have probably been WIFOM traps laid out for us.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You also need to realize that Bert didn't just claim his role, he outright claimed his character as well.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Kagami »

The "Weak" thing is legit, it doesn't mean weak in the traditional sense. Since Bert is the first to mention it, he's town.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Kagami »

In case it's not obvious, I'm weak too.

Because flavor isn't alignment indicative, it is very unlikely that scum were given a fake-claim. There's no way bert would know to claim weak unless he is town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Kagami: Is the "weak" thing something that is only likely to come from town? I'm curious because you are making the assumption that he's town because of it.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Plum »

In post 78, Kagami wrote:The "Weak" thing is legit, it doesn't mean weak in the traditional sense. Since Bert is the first to mention it, he's town.
II;m currently willing to trust you on that one.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Kagami »

Yes, weak can only come from town unless ALL scum get the "weak" modifier.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by pitoli »

VOTECOUNT 1.2

Kazekirimaru
: Kagami, Brian Skies
ZMuffinMan
: Pieguyn
Bert
: Kazekirimaru
Pieguyn
: BROseidon
BROseidon
: Plum

Not Voting
: Tammy, zMuffinMan, ActionDan, Bert, Mykonian, F-16, Paschendale

Mod Comments:
Last edited by pitoli on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Plum »

And therefore okay if Bert passes on paraphrasing his Miller description from his Role PM.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Kagami »

Third person to claim weak has to say what it means, btw, so please don't give it away, bert.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

^

I like that Kagami. I wouldn't have trusted anybody that claimed weak after our discussion.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

I'm at a loss until it's proven than only townies can be "Weak" in this particular sense(and what that sense would be).
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 87, Kazekirimaru wrote:I'm at a loss until it's proven than only townies can be "Weak" in this particular sense(and what that sense would be).
I'll explain fully when/if there is a third weak claim.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Okay.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

See, what gives me pause is this:
In post 39, Bert wrote:I'm someone named Annie lionhart

Weak human miller aka miller

G2g though to watch bama sooners game at dinner
It sounds like he realized he said too much in some respect and tried to correct himself by saying he was no different from a normal miller.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Kagami »

Don't fish for this kaze, he's legit.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 68, pieguyn wrote:flavor doesn't determine alignment, which means that especially given annie's alignment in series was left unresolved annie's alignment in game could be just about anything

however roles should come from flavor and I'd expect smth like miller would

@F-16:
what made you sure on Bert-town? especially considering you said you don't trust early miller claims especially from someone like him. I still don't get the "weak" and there's still a chance annie as a character could be outright mafia based on the statement about flavor. did I miss smth 0.0
My "
I don't trust early miller claims
" was bait for Brian to see what he would do. In another game, Brian claimed miller and got lynched. Scum were both pushing on him. I felt that if Brian was town, he would sympathize with Bert and defend him. His fits that theory although it is matched with a good amount of paranoia as shown in .

Bert is a weaker townread based on his claim. I know Bert quite well now and he doesn't strike me as the gambiting scum type. He is very good at faking his town meta and paranoia as scum, and as such wouldn't want to risk being exposed. Also, Pitoli had a miller in her previous game so I wouldn't find it an odd role coming from Pitoli. I still need more interaction with Bert and for him to clarify what "weak" is supposed to mean in order to solidify that read.

Okay, so I read through Pitoli's last game and saw that Brian Skies immediately claimed miller upon entering the game. I thought it would be interesting to analyze the reactions there to here.

Mini 1501: We're on a Boat

1) Grimgroove
YYR
- Doesn't vote the miller but picks up on a different scummy player (Aeronaut) and votes him instead.

2) notscience - Says that miller claims are absolutely null and WIFOM but is convinced enough to vote Brian upon CDB's request.

3) Yates
ChannelDelibird
- CDB asks in post 17 why Brian is acting as if claiming miller will allow him to live for a while. The motivation is a push for a information and potentially a lynch that day. In hindsight this appears to be a town motivation.

4) fferyllt - fferyllt picks up on something that Brian said about dying anyways and then inquires about it. The notable point is that she wants to know why Brian is thinking the way he does and tries to understand his thought process.

5) Albert B. Rampage
SleepyKrew
Aeronaut
- Says nothing about the miller claim but votes Brian.

6) CrashTextDummie - Lynch all D1 miller claims!

7) Garmr - "
Everyone seems to be claiming miller these days maybe it's a new meta rolling in.
" No engagement at all with the claim. There is also a lack of opportunism or jump onto the wagon. Speaks more to the skill of the player as opposed to alignment.

8) LolWagons
Smudger
- Smudger never played in a game with one before.

9) Peabody
Kazekirimaru
- Kaze in post 27 says he is not sure how to feel about the miller claim and says that it could be coming from town or faking scum. There is a lot of caution that is expressed here. Says later that miller claims in general are not null in post 62.

10)
Empire
Maestro
- Maestro says "
lol D1 Millerclaim, u so cute. I'll post later when I care.
" - This post shows comfort in the assumption that a miller claim is nothing of concern while not caring about much else. Empire initially hedges on the miller claim in his first post but in his initial reads list (ISO him), he lists Brian as one of his suspects and takes issue with the presentation of the miller claim.

11) Plum - Plum comes into the thread much after the miller wagon has formed and had been talked about. She takes an interesting stance of "
Three acceptances of he Miller claim as legit in a row. Huh. Personally am of the Llamafluff school of first-post Miller claims, and there are a good few I'd lynch before Brian on scumminess merit.
" in her first post. Then she starts attacking people for believing the miller claim.

12) SpyreX - Says that the miller claim is legit and jumps onto Aero. Says that scum would be opportunistic about it. Since he was the SK, I am not entirely sure if he was scumhunting or just pretending to.

Out of the players here, I found Plum's stance the most townish on a gut level. She seems to be very inquisitive and wants to find out more information about the miller and asks Bert questions to figure out whether he is town. As scum in the Boat game, she seemed very evasive about Brian's game and seemed to sweep it under the rug and started attacking people for believing the miller claim without actually being inquisitive and probing for more information so she could figure it out. She also spent a lot more time justifying her stance "Lllamafluff school of thought" etc.

I found Kaze's initial reaction scummy becuase he was a lot more cautious to a previous miller claim. However, his insistence in the Boat game that a miller claim is not null followed by his push on Bert here actually makes a lot more sense as town because he seems to have differing reactions based on each claim. He doesn't believe that it is actually null, and in this game, he seems to believe that it is scummy. Kaze, I would like to know what your reasons are and how you differentiate the miller claims.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 91, Kagami wrote:Don't fish for this kaze, he's legit.
Alrighty then. I'm not exactly just going to take your word for it, though.
In post 92, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I found Kaze's initial reaction scummy becuase he was a lot more cautious to a previous miller claim. However, his insistence in the Boat game that a miller claim is not null followed by his push on Bert here actually makes a lot more sense as town because he seems to have differing reactions based on each claim. He doesn't believe that it is actually null, and in this game, he seems to believe that it is scummy. Kaze, I would like to know what your reasons are and how you differentiate the miller claims.
I was putting pressure on Bert hoping to get something out of him. I don't actually have a strong read on him yet though at the time I actually kinda liked how he dropped the claim and took off. Made me feel like he was doing it for reactions more than anything. All this jazz is kinda moot now that the "Weak" modifier talk is going on, though.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@F-16: Here's the only other game I can think of where I had to deal with a claimed miller. I mislynched her in 3p lylo. =(
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Kagami »

Don't worry kaze, I'll explain everything and we can revisit it once we get a third claimant, or it's clear that there is no third claimant.

I'd also ask that Bert, when he returns, mentions nothing about the weak discussion when he returns, even if he finds it confusing. I would really like to get a third claim before anything is revealed or any further public analysis occurs, which may well be setup-breaking. I think it's quite possible that this slipped through the setup review process.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 79, Kagami wrote:Because flavor isn't alignment indicative, it is very unlikely that scum were given a fake-claim.
I don't know about this. I think it's likely scum were given fake-claims if there are titan roles in this set-up.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 96, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 79, Kagami wrote:Because flavor isn't alignment indicative, it is very unlikely that scum were given a fake-claim.
I don't know about this. I think it's likely scum were given fake-claims if there are titan roles in this set-up.
Annie is a titan, that would be a terrible fake-claim =\
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

She's probably considered a shape-shifter. Check mod's opening flavor post.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 95, Kagami wrote:Don't worry kaze, I'll explain everything and we can revisit it once we get a third claimant, or it's clear that there is no third claimant.

I'd also ask that Bert, when he returns, mentions nothing about the weak discussion when he returns, even if he finds it confusing. I would really like to get a third claim before anything is revealed or any further public analysis occurs, which may well be setup-breaking. I think it's quite possible that this slipped through the setup review process.
Why are you so sure there's a third?

And, really? A game-breaking aspect of the setup that was missed by
four
different people? Unlikely. I find this all too hard to believe.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”