Everyone is an SK Mafia! 2 (All Die, 2 Win)

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Everyone is an SK Mafia! 2 (All Die, 2 Win)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I made it home from the parents just now, however i did some thinking regarding the running of "Everyone is an SK mafia!" with option B of protect and kill. Its a broken setup. Essentially I thought of the game type as a means of having players and Alliances battle it out for superiority. In the first beta variant it was theoretically possible for a lone wolf player to win it all, and for an alliance to win it all happily ever after style. By adding a protect to the game type that can't be used on yourself, I am guaranteeing an alliance victory, and if there are 2 alliances of equal size then its an even bigger tie. All lone wolves will have to join an alliance to survive with betrayal of one alliance resulting in another alliance victory.

With all talk in thread, any attempt to have all of an alliance gang up on the other alliance by shooting just one of their player will get thwarted by a group protect on that player. Any attempt for an alliance to spread 1 kill to each enemy will result in each kill getting canceled out by a spread out protect.

There is an option to allow outside the game thread talk. This will inevitably result in an open format "Ready aim Fire" Game where people pick their teammates. I am not sure if I want to run a setup like that. There would be alot of PMS and QT's flying around and I don't know if I want to try to moderate that or coheres players to post their QT's in thread at games end. I think i would have to post all the QT's myself and add them to the thread at end of game

Basically we got either a giant tie or a clusterfuck to moderate. If you disagree let me know why by posting why in the PF game queue. For now I think re-running the original game design while I drink alcohol is the only way I can re-run a balanced "Everyone is an SK mafia!" and kinda make up for the Udrink 6 ending. So I think I will create a new thread for that game and its signups will be in that thread. That game will start at 8:30 or 9pm (45 mins to over and hour from now)
This is the re-runing game and signup thread. Gonna start this at 9pm sorry if that is a little later than anticipated by some of you.

I the mod will be drinking but there will be no player requirements to drink or any alcohol influenced roles. But there may be some bad vote counts or some players drinking just because they feel like it

(expired on 2013-12-29 21:00:00)
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Everyone is an SK Mafia! 2

The Rules, Stolen from shaft.ed, TSQ, Mr. Stoofer, Flameaxe, Jdodge:

00. I reserve the right to edit these rules at any time should something truly unexpected occur.
01. All votes must be made bold. Unvoting is not required but I heavily perfer it. Any attempts at disguising your voting will be prohibited. If its treated as a vote and I think its a vote, its a a vote!
02. A majority of votes is required to lynch. If there is a lynch, no amount of bitching will prevent the lynch from happening. I am a moderator, not a charity.
03. When you live, live well. Live long. Prosper. When you're dead, shut up. Don't post or even pm me. Lie in a grave/furnace/corpse pile. Rot.
04. All days have a 40-minute deadline. All nights have a 10-minute deadline. The thread will not lock during night given the nature of this game
05. You can vote No Lynch during the day. Simply
Vote: No Lynch
. Should this vote reach a majority. It will happen. If no majority is reached during a day then there will be a no lynch when that day ends
06. Quoting or faking any PMs you receive from the mod will get you modkilled and blacklisted from any games I am running now or in the future. You may paraphrase anything in the pm. If you are worried you are quoting more so then paraphrasing you should probably pm me before I modkill you

07. This is a SEMI-BASTARD MOD type game. Your mod isn't evil or intentionally out to get you, but then he also isn't sober. Roles will be funny, crazy, unusual, unconventional and definitely alcohol related. But they won't be intentionally evil like a "Night 0 Suiciding Emo".

08. Don't talk to each other outside of the game thread unless your role says you can.
09. No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
10. This is a game. Have fun and respect the other players. Don't be a dick.
11. It is encouraged that you be under the influence of alcohol, but not a requirement. If you are underage, you should not drink but you can still play. Just know that due to the nature of the game, almost every other player will be drunk. The Mod will be shitfaced for one, so please be helpful and understanding when it comes to his vote counts. My ability to count is usually the first to go when I am drunk

12. If it seems like it should be illegal, it probably is. Considering the fact rules sometimes can't cover everything. Please use your common sense. PM me if you think something you are about to do could break the rules or possibly ruin the game.
13. I am human. If I fuck up and make a mod error that personally looses you the game, then I will give you a technical auto win at the end of the game to make up for it
14. I respect anonymity on the internet and in mafia. If there is a scum group with a QT, I will not be posting a link to it at the end of the game. It is that scum teams decision as to whether or not a link their QT will be posted

Link to Signup thread: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35503

Link to Game info: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p5507778

Link to Game 1: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35634

Disclaimer: This is a Killing Spree Mafia Game Type. Many people will die in a setup that is questionably mafia. Also I am going to be drinking. When I get drunk, the first thing to go is my ability to count. I will inevitably make bad vote counts in this game, its unavoidable! Please be kind, understanding and helpful
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

There is no real point in sending out role pms. Everyone is:
Everyone's Role PM wrote:Just as the title says. You and everyone else in the game is a serial killer. You can send one kill via private message to the mod each night. You can vote, lynch, and talk during the day. All deaths will be revealed as "XXX has died, he was a serial killer." You can also talk at night in the same game thread! Carefully pick your victims and make the right alliances.
Be the last standing to win!
If there are 2 people left alive and they die at same time, then both of them win. If 3 alive and die at same time then they all win. If 1 player is left alive then he claims full victory all by himself. The last standing wins or if those remaining all stop standing at same time, then each of them win
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Reserved for player listings and reveals

All Players:
1. who
2. Nachomamma8
3. pirate mollie
4. syndromeofadown
5. N
6. phokdapolees
7. clammy

Results:

Spoiler:
Day 1 has ended.
pirate mollie has been lynched she was an
SK

Night 1 has ended.
clammy has died he was an
SK

Night 1 has ended.
syndromeofadown has died he was an
SK

Night 1 has ended.
N has died he was an
SK

Day 2 has ended.
Nachomamma8 has been lynched he was an
SK

Outcome is inevitable

Night 2 has ended.
phokdapolees has died he was an
SK

Night 2 has ended.
Who has died he was an
SK

As they are the last alive, the both of them win^
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Vote count copy paste thing to help PF:

Night 0 start:
1. who (0) - who is voting them
2. Nachomamma8 (0) - who is voting them
3. pirate mollie (0) - who is voting them
4. syndromeofadown (0) - who is voting them
5. N (0) - who is voting them
6. phokdapolees (0) - who is voting them
7. clammy (0) - who is voting them
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I will try to pm those that signed up elsewhere in the comments of the last game or the main game qt thread.

if signups don't consistantly come in then maybe I will start the game early of cancel it pending how many join

Signups start.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by Who »

/in

Wait, so basically this is just like the original? That's cool.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 6, Who wrote:/in

Wait, so basically this is just like the original? That's cool.
yes gonna run it same as original until I can think Of a better way to introduce balanced new mechanics. Likly I will have a vote for new mechanic posted before next marathon weekend and have some debate about which mechanic is best before that marthon time. I may have to consider jingles idea of a 1-shot bp for everyone as well but i feel that may be a delay the inevitable scenario and not something truly new.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Can I in by PM?
sure, I will post this in the game thread thread though as a means of letting other players know you are playing
and in case anyone is wondering i did pm all those that expressed interest in this second running elswhere
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Who »

I think that 1-shot BP would make it worse.

As it stood, they could have brought down the alliance easily they just didn't. With one-shot BP, they would have had to form a counter-alliance just to take down one of us while we would still be able to kill any of them we wanted, and we would control lynches.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Yeah all I want is to kill and be killed
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 9, Who wrote:I think that 1-shot BP would make it worse.

As it stood, they could have brought down the alliance easily they just didn't. With one-shot BP, they would have had to form a counter-alliance just to take down one of us while we would still be able to kill any of them we wanted, and we would control lynches.
I think you might be right there. more reason why i said it may be fails

We currently got 2 people. If we don't get alot of people by 9pm I will cancel this and just have a mafia discussion thread relating to my games pre-next marathon day as a way of better picking the next mechanic and advertising pre-next marathon time
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

fuck, 14%.
I may just be a body
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

/in
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I got the sk role 4 times last night
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

in a row
whew!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mollie if I seem tone brain dead put me out of my misery please

syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by syndromeofadown »

/in
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 16, Nachomamma8 wrote:mollie if I seem tone brain dead put me out of my misery please
see nacho you always know the right things to say in order to make me want to keep you around

how do you do this
whew!
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by N »

I don't see how this is Mafia, but I'll give it a go.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

me me me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Not sure how well this will run but let's give it a go and see

Day 1 start:
1. who (0) - who is voting them
2. Nachomamma8 (0) - who is voting them
3. pirate mollie (0) - who is voting them
4. syndromeofadown (0) - who is voting them
5. N (0) - who is voting them
6. phokdapolees (0) - who is voting them
7. clammy (0) - who is voting them

GO!
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by clammy »

Is it too late to /in?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 22, clammy wrote:Is it too late to /in?
I will allow it just this once
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by N »

Who is voting everyone?! Haha I'm so funny
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)