Yet Another Dance of the Title Fairy: Change Up

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2760 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I've sort of been in an invitational for my lurking. Yeah, it's pretty cool.
And it's who I am, it's my playstyle. I'm glad its being recognized by the site again.
I'd gladly accept a title for my lurking were anyone to agree with it.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:24 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 2768, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 2767, Oversoul wrote:I'm suggesting a title based on a negative characteristic of MafiaSSK's playstyle that applies to a lot of players on site.

And I am serious. Do you think I am trolling?
What does one lurker in a game do to the game? Someone investigates him? Someone shoots him? Like a normal part of the game?
What do two lurkers do to the game? You policy lynch one and investigate the other? Someone shoots one of them? Like a normal part of the game?
What do six lurkers do to the game? The entire town grows apathetic when half the playerlist ceases to do anything of use? No one has fun? Like a normal part of the game?
What do ten lurkers do to the game? Well...never mind I guess there isn't much of a game anymore when you have everyone lurking... (Like a normal part of the game?)

I can think of many recent games in which the presence of a lurker improved my experience.

Lurking is harmful as town and thus a viable town strategy. You can say purposefully making your town and scum games match is against playing to your win condition and you would be correct if you did say so. I really hope no one does that because it ruins games and should not be rewarded with a title. I can't imagine why people are so against this. MafiaSSK plays in an intentionally anti-win con manner and is proud of it and that sounds to me like it's exactly what a title is about. Let's give it to him~
There, I fixed your post for you.
Are you seriously that stuck in site meta?
Lurking is a legitimate strategy and if you can't see how it is, then you're not as good of a mafia player as I thought you were.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Player Titles”