Mastin Academy

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Om »

/In as a complete noob student. I don't have any specific question in mind but I would love to get tips etc to make my way from Newbies to big leagues where I did below average compared to the newbie I played last time when I was around.
Evil sometimes wears pleasant face.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Om »

All right! I shall await for your help and till then play more newbies, just to build a good foundation.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Om »

Me?
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Om »

What do I do when I feel like reaching out of computer screen and smacking people?

-I jest.Dx

Real thing, let's say player X end's up bringing up one or two really good points but due to his other posts he is put in that dreaded VI category by whole town block and is easy to discredit, how does that player X convince others?
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by Om »

Well, I'm VI through and through. So, I'm looking forward to working together with you for my improvement.

Also, since my earlier trip to big leagues was not all that great, what do you suggest I should be working on before giving one more try?
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Om »

What do I do as a VI and idiot if I suddenly find myself in game where I think everyone is idiot and I wanna rage-quite hard?
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:06 am

Post by Om »

In post 83, kuribo wrote:Kill them all and let the devil sort them out
Fuck, yes! You need to open one academy too!
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by Om »

In post 85, kuribo wrote:No way my last apprentice on this site ended up killing a guy in real life
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Post by Om »

In post 100, mastin2 wrote:
In post 97, Wake1 wrote:*Knocks on academy door*
"Hello? Anyone in there?"
Sorry. Life has been getting in the way of me responding. I'm not going to be able to give anyone proper responses until tomorrow (far too busy today), but needless to say, I've not forgotten about y'all. The doors to the academy are going to remain open as long as I remain alive. (And if I'm lucky, even after then. :P)
In post 76, T-Bone wrote:lol mastin. "I'm average, but it's okay." Your hubris is failing you, and the board might have to strip you of your Ph. D
My new shiny title says otherwise. :P
In post 91, xRECKONERx wrote:jesus
Yes?

:P
In post 74, kuribo wrote:Ok mastin, we've played together a few times, do you have any advice for me?
It's possible, but I'll have to think about it.
In post 78, Landmind wrote:You should read my games in the future: I'd like to hear your thoughts, whether you join or just go over them after they're done.
Will try!
In post 77, JacobSavage wrote:How do I get people to join my games...?
This is actually a great general question. I'll get around to answering it in a bit.
In post 92, Majiffy wrote:Mastin should I keep making insane setups?
This is another fairly decent general question. (The specific answer is that so long as you keep the games at least somewhat-reasonable, you should be okay. Vi has a nice guide on it. The game doesn't necessarily need to be 100% balanced [virtually impossible even in tamer setups], but it should be as close as possible. The game can be swingy, but should be reasonable. But all that said--overall, my personal feelings are that if the game's fun, balance takes a back seat so long as it's a small accidental imbalance rather than "HA HA FUCK YOU" imbalance. :P That IS my
personal
feelings, though, and not what I recommend following in general. So, yes. You can be insane. Just not insane-without-reason. :P)
In post 82, Om wrote:What do I do as a VI and idiot if I suddenly find myself in game where I think everyone is idiot and I wanna rage-quite hard?
First, check to make sure you're not being the idiot and all of them knowing what they're doing. If you've done so and have concluded it's not you, but them? Celebrate. :P Maybe throw in a facepalm at the idiocy surrounding you, but relish the chance you've got. You've graduated from being a VI into being at least a decent player, surrounded by people stupider than you. :P (But again, this is only if you're not being arrogant and missing the fact that it's you who's wrong.) I'll see about giving a more in-depth detailed answer later.
In post 93, pieguyn wrote:how do I get people lynched?

whenever I try to push a lynch on someone I epically fail > < so generally I rely on other people buying my arguments on people and pushing the lynch themselves to actually get anyone lynched. it seems to work fine enough but actually pushing lynches is still a weak point for me and I want it to get better \:D/
This is actually much closer to the solution than you think. (Specifically, the bit about relying on others.) As with the others, it's something I'll be expanding upon later, but keep going down that route for the time being; it'll serve you well.
In post 99, notscience wrote:How do you lead a town
Same way you lead a lynch, something I need to expand upon some more. Basically, though, it boils down not to asserting yourself as a leader, at least not in the traditional sense. It comes down to you establishing yourself as reliable, treating the others with respect, working with them, and coming up with plans to unite them under your common banner.
In post 95, Wake1 wrote:Mastin, would you provide me with general principles and pointers?
I've played Mafia online for about six years, but there is different from here. It's extremely serious business here.
There's quite a bit I do know, but in order to be better on MS.net, I think I need more MS-centric advice.
Yes, I'm already partially in the process of doing so, though from what I've seen of you, you need a little more...heavy-handed...coaching. But to give a pointer that I'll expand upon in a later post--MS.net might seem like it's extremely-serious business (and it is! No other site has the same devotion to the game as MS.net has), but it's also incredibly-light-hearted in that people DO play here casually and for fun, and don't want that ruined by some asshole. :P (Not directed at any specific player.)
-_-
Thats pretty bad way to graduate. I was happy as a VI and I shall enjoy my status till I
actually
know what I'm doing.
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Om »

Uh, I've experimented with that ''little arrogant'' thing to put more power (Don't ask me why I thought it was a good idea) into my play but it only got me lynched faster.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”