ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

Post by ICEninja »

[quote=Slandaar"]
Can you explain the bolded please?
[/quote]
You called out a remaining scum team that is (I think) all town.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

Post by ICEninja »

God dammit, the ONE time...the ONE time I don't preview my post is when I fuck up the tags.
Mod, do me a solid?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Elyse »

Ok, that makes sense. (Leaving and coming back to MS)

I don't think Slandaar is scum. I really don't.

I think you are but honestly, I think Skelda's recent post was really scummy and he seems to be willing to lynch just about anyone but himself.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 am

Post by ICEninja »

Anyways, I'm feeling pretty confident in my reads. Even if you guys lynch me today, you're going to pretty much be forced to go back and read what I said which will put scum in a pretty bad spot.

Make your own decisions, town.

Skelda is in my possibly lynch pool and looking at the vote counts a Skelda/Garmr team makes some sense, but I'd REALLY much prefer a Garmr lynch over a Skelda one.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 996, toolenduso wrote: But I think this is the second time you've argued that scum killed fitz because he was a PR. How were they supposed to know he was a PR before he died?
There is a reason for killing Fitz that is completely plausible; he was a PR. That is a reason in itself.

Is it right? its a very plausible reason which means any talk about why he was killed is pointless.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 am

Post by toolenduso »

@Slandaar: From scum's point of view, there was no way to know whether fitz was a cop or not. Unless the mafia had a cop, fitz was just another townie to them. After the fact, yeah, I'm sure they were happy they killed a town PR. But during the night, how were they supposed to know?

@Elyse: Why don't you think Slandaar is scum? And why do you still have your vote on ICE?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1005, toolenduso wrote:@Slandaar: From scum's point of view, there was no way to know whether fitz was a cop or not.
How do you know this?

lol.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:13 am

Post by toolenduso »

A note to the remaining town players: If we mislynch today, tomorrow we're in MyLo. For that reason, we need to allow more time today before we lynch to allow Skelda to give us some content.

Because if we end up in MyLo tomorrow and Skelda still has very few posts for us to look over, it will be a very bad situation for us.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 994, Skelda wrote:
In post 937, Sir Bastion wrote:
In post 933, Skelda wrote: I don't know what I'm doing, I don't remember what was going on, and I've hardly read the thread. So yes, I imagine I would be.

I'd be putting more effort into this game if I were scum. As it stands, I overbooked myself. And I'm not really in the swing of things. I could just replace out if you don't want to bother dealing with me. Or I could stay and try to makd myself useful somehow.
Then just explain your post.

What do you mean by Ice being afraid of Thor incriminating him? Is there a particular post where ICE tried to shut day 2 down early or avoided chatting to thor?
Well, did Thor even post Day 2? Was he hammered before he had the chance?

I'd be down with Slandaar dying, I suppose. He seems to fit nicely with Thor as scum.
Uhmm Thor posted *alot* on day 2.
Based on what the wiki says I don't believe all 3 scum have free day talk regardless of who is alive or not.
it took me 5 minutes (during the night phase where we had 2 days) to put encryptor into the little italy search bar and check the other games they've shown up in.

with the exception of 1 (where no mafia QT was provided) every single game worked the exact same way.

Encryptor allows scum daychat, encryptor dies daychat is taken away. It's all in the same QT, its just after encryptor dies it reverts to a standard night time.

And now I am annoyed on two fronts.

Firstly because you are spouting complicated theory about the game set up without the common courtesy of *checking*

the wiki is lacking, then quickly search for the role in a game and see how it was used in game.

Why the need to complicate things and try to wifom the game set up?

Secondly and more so I'm annoyed at tool and Elyse for butting in and essentially leading you in answering my question. *thanks guys* grumble.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1006, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1005, toolenduso wrote:@Slandaar: From scum's point of view, there was no way to know whether fitz was a cop or not.
How do you know this?

lol.
Because I understand the fundamental structure of this game? lol.

It's not like the mod hands the scum a list of every townie's role at the beginning of the game. Therefore,
unless the scum had a rolecop
, there was no way for them to know that fitz was a PR.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Slandaar »

Or a tracker or a watcher etc or they POE'd him or picked up a crumb.

Yeah.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

in case anyone is looking for it, Skelda's only other scum game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31272

and after a day 1 lynch and a complete defeat of scumteam I quote:
What a failure of a game. Gosh, that was terrible.
I really, really hate being scum, I'm horrible at it anyway.
Well, good game town, even though the win was handed to you. I think all the scum were just bad at being bad, so yeah. Dessew was pretty obvious, I failed obviously, JKLM/Red were uggh, and then VA was there doing I don't even know what. I seriously think that without some more experienced scum players, we were toast.
Not a fan of meta, but if Skelda is such a bad scum player perhaps it would go along way to explain the constant absence and general idiocy.

I mean 10 posts and not a single one over 2 sentences long

unvote

vote skelda
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by toolenduso »

@Bastion: Good catch, that makes sense. Looking through Skelda's other games, I can't find a finished one that he (she?) has replaced into, so we can't really look at how he's acted after replacing in. He's definitely in a lot of other games right now, but it seems that in that situation he might contribute more if he was playing the alignment he enjoys, ie, town.

Plus it would solve our potential problem of being in MyLo tomorrow with a player who doesn't have much for us to look at. Obviously that's not a reason to vote for Skelda if you don't think he's scum, but if you do I think that's a nice cherry on top.

So, for now at least,

VOTE: Skelda.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Other than that, what does everyone think about the possibility that Slandaar made a scumslip when he said the reason fitz was nightkilled was because he was the cop?

In order to make that statement, Slandaar had to assume the scum either knew or had a very good idea that fitz was the cop. He wrote it into a post with what looked like certainty, which makes me wonder if he is scum who forgot to think like town while writing a post and gave the real reason scum killed fitz rather than the reason a townie would think scum killed fitz.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Slandaar »

And what is the townie reason then?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 1005, toolenduso wrote:@Slandaar: From scum's point of view, there was no way to know whether fitz was a cop or not. Unless the mafia had a cop, fitz was just another townie to them. After the fact, yeah, I'm sure they were happy they killed a town PR. But during the night, how were they supposed to know?

@Elyse: Why don't you think Slandaar is scum? And why do you still have your vote on ICE?
I don't think he would spent LITERALLY the entire Day 1 of this game tunneling on his scumpartner. Do you honestly believe that?

My vote is still on ICE because I didn't think there was an interest in a Skelda wagon but ok.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Skelda
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1014, Slandaar wrote:And what is the townie reason then?
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Well why was Fitz killed?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 1013, toolenduso wrote:Other than that, what does everyone think about the possibility that Slandaar made a scumslip when he said the reason fitz was nightkilled was because he was the cop?

In order to make that statement, Slandaar had to assume the scum either knew or had a very good idea that fitz was the cop. He wrote it into a post with what looked like certainty, which makes me wonder if he is scum who forgot to think like town while writing a post and gave the real reason scum killed fitz rather than the reason a townie would think scum killed fitz.
If Slandaar scumslipped, why aren't you voting him?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1015, Elyse wrote: I don't think he would spent LITERALLY the entire Day 1 of this game tunneling on his scumpartner. Do you honestly believe that?
Why wouldn't he? He's now pointing to that tunneling as evidence of him being town, so we know it's useful to him that he tunneled on Thor so much.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1017, Slandaar wrote:Well why was Fitz killed?
No idea. Could've been because the scum wanted to set up ICE. Could've been because ICE is scum and he wanted to remove one of the main people calling to lynch him. Could've been because the scum have an investigative role and knew fitz was a PR. Could've been because they thought fitz was an obvious townie.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1018, Elyse wrote:If Slandaar scumslipped, why aren't you voting him?
In post 1012, toolenduso wrote: So,
for now
at least,

VOTE: Skelda.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 1019, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1015, Elyse wrote: I don't think he would spent LITERALLY the entire Day 1 of this game tunneling on his scumpartner. Do you honestly believe that?
Why wouldn't he? He's now pointing to that tunneling as evidence of him being town, so we know it's useful to him that he tunneled on Thor so much.
That's a high-risk high-reward situation that seems silly to do on D1 with no danger on either of them.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 980, Slandaar wrote:
In post 965, zakk wrote: I mean, Slandaar, throw me a bone here. If you're such a profitable lynch that both Thor and IceNinja wanted out of the way (your very own comment on IceNinja's post 697, ring a bell?), then what's your brilliant hypothesis on why you haven't been killed at night yet?
The point is he tried shifting wagons off of someone he was confident is scum onto someone who he is less confident is scum AFTER the first person (ABR) had claimed VT.

That is pure profits for scum. Also ABR was already dead he was never surviving the make a case up stuff so my lynch was worth infinitely more.

Brilliant Hypothesis?
N1: HAR HAR LETS LYNCH SLAND TOMORROW KILL MAX HE OBVTOWN
D2: OH WELL THOR DIED
N2: Fitz is PR lets kill him.

N2 could be different for example: LET KILL FITZ HE IS OBVTOWN AND GONNA VOTE ICE JUST LIKE SLAND BY FITZ EVEN LESS LIKELY TO BE LYNCHED THAN SLAND.

Wasn't really a brilliant hypothesis more like common sense.
Well, okay. That's not bad at all actually. And I saw another post by you that gave me super strong town vibes so you are off the docket today methinks. I am liking the Skelda pressure. I want to read more of that slot... I have other priorities right now, but I will be back for sure.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I don't see Slandaar tunneling a scum buddy on day 1 under normal circumstances.

HOWEVER with daytalk it just makes so much sense. There really wasn't much risk of Thor being lynched and come on, who the fuck was Slandaar going to convince with the case he was pushing anyway? Thor was telling him to do it, and had Thor not been lynched and Slandaar instead been lynched (no encryptor flip) then Thor would have won the game. I wouldn't have likely voted for him, period, without setup information.

As per Skelda, I don't know. If he hates scum and replaces in to a game as scum, I can totally see him brushing off this game, but that makes me wrong about probably Garmr.

I suppose if I am indeed wrong about one of them, the thought of taking Skelda in to mylo is indeed terrifying, but I'm just so damn confident about Slandaar and don't want to vote for anyone else. If there's no way I can get a Slandaar lynch, I suppose I can resort to Skelda.

But if we're wrong you guys better damn well listen to me tomorrow.
zakk wrote: And I saw another post by you that gave me super strong town vibes so you are off the docket today methinks.
*Facepalm*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”