Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1061 (isolation #200) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Glork »

VitaminR wrote:I think PJ has a point about lynching the common denominator. Only the scum possibilities he cites all rely on me being scum.
Well of course it's the most logical thing for each player to do. The problem is, each player will have a different "common denominator," if they have one at all. You obviously don't suspect yourself, so you can't possibly be a "common denominator" in your possible scum-pairings... same with Fritz, Klebian, Dahen, and myself.

I still have no idea what's going on with regards to this flavor thing, so... you guys do your thing. From my past experience with Dahen, he's a pretty deliberate, methodical person when it comes to churning through endgame. On the other hand, of course, PJ's a renowned scumhunter and knows how to handle endgame situations, too.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1063 (isolation #201) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Glork »

You're definitely mixing up games, PJ. On either D4 or D5 (I forget which... could have been both), I was on Fritz for not paying attention and suggesting that we lynch AndrewS. Remember how you agreed to a certain extent, noting that Fritz has feigned ignorance as scum in the past?

You state that your way accounts for both of your likely scumgroups; my way accounts for both of my likely scumgroups. I see absolutely no compelling reason to move my vote away from Klebian at this point. I would much rather lynch scum and figure things out using my role than to potentially mislynch and reduce our chances of not losing to a mere coinflip based on whether I block Fritz or Klebian.

I'm actually starting to swing the other way to think that it's Fritz/Kleb instead of VitR/Kleb. Fritz pretty much hopped merrily along when I first claimed. "Crap, my scumbuddy is busted. Bus and move on, I guess." He very clearly voiced that unless concrete, compelling evidence arises to refute my roleblocking claim, he plans on voting for Klebian (Post 966). But lo and behold, when Kleb winds up with three votes and PJ is unwilling to hammer, Fritz suddenly wants to stop because he can't figure out who Kleb's scumbuddy might be (Post 1023). He further stalls by asking me who I would block if Klebian is lynched as scum -- which, now that I think about it, is completely irrelevant unless Dahen is Kleb's scumbuddy, in which case we'd probably just lose anyway (I die, mislynch Fritzler, PJ dies, VitR gets endagmed). I can't see any reason that Fritz would want/need to know who I plan on blocking beforehand unless he is looking for a way to no-kill (to frame VitR) and then try to go after me for gambiting.

Fritz, could you explain why you wanted to know my answer to "If Kleb is scum, who will you block?" I stated it earlier, and I said that I'd make it clear before we went into night so that the town could get info from a nightkill (or lack thereof).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1064 (isolation #202) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Glork »

Mod:
Could we have a prod on Fritz? He hasn't posted here in nearly a full week, but he's definitely active elsewhere on the site. Thanks.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1069 (isolation #203) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Glork »

Glork wrote:Off-hand, I would say Klebian/VitR or Klebian/Fritzler.
PJ wrote:In review:
1.) Klebian Town, Scum = {Glork, VitaminR}
2.) Klebian Town, Scum = {Dahen, VitaminR}
3.) Klebian Scum, Partner = {VitaminR}
4.) Klebian Scum, Partner = {Fritzler}
That good enough for you?

I suppose I could possibly see other scum pairings involving Dahen, but I find them pretty unlikely right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1071 (isolation #204) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Fritz, could you answer my question at the end of Post 1063?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1078 (isolation #205) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote

I'm still pondering PJ's plan. It definitely makes the most sense from his perspective, but the only reason I'm balking is because I still find Kleb/Fritz to be more likely than Kleb/VitR.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1090 (isolation #206) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Glork »

PJ can correct me if I'm wrong, but he seems to be of the mindset that because Dahen tried to use flavor-confirmation, he is more likely to be pro-town.

On the other hand, I would argue that if the scums have a Soldier PM (or, at the very least, heavy Gorilla flavor) -- which is likely, given that Klebian, Dahen, and VitR have all cited accurate Soldier flavor and Glork/Fritz is impossible as a scumpair -- then it would make sense to use that flavor proactively. See if you can get a townie to slip up (and go for mislynch) and see if you can get your partner (and yourself) "confirmed."

I should make it clear that I think that Dahen is more likely to be pro-town than Fritz, Klebian, or VitaminR, but *not* because of his confirmation behavior. That's something that I would absolutely have tried myself if I were scum with Soldier flavor/PM.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1094 (isolation #207) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm confused now, PJ.

Earlier (yet still after we postulated that Space Monkeys could have Soldier PMs), you stated this:
PJ wrote:And if Glork is scum, then Fritzler is not his partner, which pretty much leaves Dahen (which is more than possible, but the whole "let's compare role PM's" skit makes me doubt that), or VitaminR (making him the correct lynch again).
You stated that you thought that Dahen's role/flavor comparison bit made him more likely to be pro-town.

That is exactly the sentiment that I said you had expressed, and I pointed out that scum would probably try to do this if they had a Soldier PM.

Yet now you're stating that you would
expect
somebody to have breadcrumbed a Traitor role -- which I completely agree with. In fact, I think I even said something along the lines of "If Space Monkeys expected Gorillas to think they were Traitors [role PM or not], I would guess that at least one would breadcrumb having been a Traitor."

Could you make your stance on Dahen more clear? I have no idea what you're trying to say. You defended him based on the "role comparison" bit, and when I said "I think PJ thinks Dahen is pro-town because of the flavor comparison, but that's not why I think he's pro-town, because I would expect a decent scumbag to try this," you're telling me to "hold it"?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1096 (isolation #208) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by Glork »

I was just confused as to why you'd say "hold it, Glork" and then proceed to agree with me. I figured it was mere carelessness, that maybe you misinterpreted my post or didn't read it carefully. Despite what you say, being a confirmed innocent doesn't give you a license to say "whatever you want." You seem to be a little careless today, considering you made up attacks against me based on "inconsistent claims" that I never made, and I wanted to check your logic here. I don't care if you don't spell out what you're thinking to me or not; I just want to make sure that you're staying on the ball.

Re Dahen:
Post 1041 is a pretty good start. I also just stated that I find Dahen to be more pro-town than VitR/Klebian/Fritz right now, and I've said at least twice that I find Dahen's play to be somewhat similar to the end of Mini 358. Unfortunately, as I have also pointed out, I don't have a decent Dahenscum frame of reference to help balance my opinion of him. My stance regarding Dahen should be abundantly clear if you're paying attention to what I say.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1100 (isolation #209) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by Glork »

The reasoning for my initial "I agree that Dahen is probably pro-town" sentiment was based on his hint-dropping which you seemed to clear perfectly well. If you'll look, I even noted that I didn't expect scums to have a Soldier PM, so Dahen's hint-dropping seemed legit. It had not occurred to me at the time that SMs could likely hint-drop anyway, so I labeled Dahen as pro-town.

With regards to pressuring Dahen to post: This is something that I'm quite used to. In Mini 358, he was so quiet for so long that I actually threatened to
unvote and hammer myself
if he didn't speak up and come to a decision. You remember me complaining about how long and drawn-out that day was, PJ. In this case, I was more trying to inspire Dahen to post than anything else. The letter-format post was just me wanting to put pressure on him. Make him think that I suspect him more than I actually did so that perhaps he'd be inspired to post.

You're right that
NOW
hint-dropping means nothing. But if I
didn't think that scums might've had Soldier PMs back then
then yes, it was significant. Also, re: the "helpful" factor... I can't explain why I found it pro-town. I realize that scums will try to appear helpful, but Dahen's posts just struck me as genuine. I can't say much more than that. Call it gut.

More "let's hear from Dahen"... yes. Dahen is a pretty quiet poster. I wanted to hear from him. It's just a reflection of his posting style, I think.

I still didn't expect scums to have a Soldier PM. This isn't inconsistent in any way.

Okay, so I have the revelation that maybe scums would say "Gorillas probably think they're traitors... let's hint-drop!" I said that I didn't think that Dahen would be the kind of player clever enough to do that. My opinion of Dahen as a player has risen dramatically in the past month. SIHM "finished up" so to speak (it was abandoned), and Dahen performed reasonably well in that game. There's another game that I can't mention by name that has also improved my opinion of him as an intelligent player.
To make my stance about Dahen clear: On Feb 13, I did
not
think that Dahen would be clever enough. Now, on March 6, I
do
think that he could be that clever.

1) I said that about Dahen beacuse I know that I have tried to act pseudo-confirmed in the past when I've been scum. Look at Committee Mafia. I got strong support from an actual roleblocker, got the RB killed, and ran with the claim as a "pseudo-confirmed" player. That's just something I genereally expect scums to do. Dahen did not do that. Thus, I found it less likely that he was scum.
2) I would have expected Dahen to
attempt
to play the same way, but I would not necessarily expect him to
successfully
play the same way. It's often difficult to play your typical pro-town game when you're scum, no matter how hard you try.

You're right in that 1041 probably gives me every reason to think that Dahen is scum. And I am still keeping that possibility open. But I cannot shake my metagame towards him. I'm also taking that into consideration, and it's the biggest thing that Dahen has going for him IMHO.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1101 (isolation #210) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:
PJ wrote:1.) Dahen has not been investigated, so of course he is not going to act pseudo-confirmed regardless of his role. Nobody is or has acted confirmed except me, and that's because I am confirmed.
Alternatively, Klebian
has
been investigated, and
he
has never once acted like a pseudo-confirmed innocent. Does that make him more likely to be town?
Yes, it would. Except I believe that I've got role information that overrides that.

Incidentally, when I was glancing at posts just a moment ago, this one literally made me laugh out loud. Oh, how my opinions have changed. :lol:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1108 (isolation #211) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:I don't remember selling tickets to a "Glork and PJ Show"
I sold tickets.

The show is quite awesome. You should see it sometime.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1116 (isolation #212) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm back. Not much has happened since I left, so I don't have much to say right now. I still want to lynch Klebian the most, though I'd be willing to lynch VitaminR if nothing else is going to happen. I *do* think that we should lynch today, because I think a No Lynch would just get PJ killed and then we'd be in even more trouble, as nobody else can seem to decide what to do.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1126 (isolation #213) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: VitaminR

If he turns up scum, I block Klebian. If he turns up pro-town, I block one of Kleb/Fritz/Dahen (obv)... and I hope I get lucky.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1127 (isolation #214) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Glork »

Unvote

Before we lynch, can I get a quick statement from everybody on whether they think there are one or two scumbags left?

I think there are probably two left.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1133 (isolation #215) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Glork »

Well, Fritz said earlier he thought we were in LyLo. Klebian, I'm guessing, would also name two scums.

The afore-mentioned blocking plan is what I'll be using. Had anybody thought or made a strong case for only one scum, I may have been convinced to block Klebs outright, as I still find him to be the single most likely scumbag ... but since that doesn't seem to be the case, I'm just going to leave my "VitR town" target as ambiguous as possible and we'll operate under the assumption that there are two scums left.

Vote: VitaminR
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1138 (isolation #216) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Mod, can we get an extension on the deadline? Maybe 48 hours?

*Mashes the computer repeatedly*

PJ, could you explain why Kleb/Dahen is unlikely in your eyes? I think I'm missing something. Is it Dahen's willingness to lynch Klebian, or is it something else?

If VitaminR is scum, I think I know how this game is going to end up. The way I'm seeing things right now, unless the scumgroup is VitR/Klebian, I think we lose. Because like PJ said, if Klebs dies as a pro-town player (or is cleared via a kill this coming night), I'm pretty much lynched the next day. So if it's VitR/Dahen, we're screwed unless I would be able to convince everyone that Dahen needs to die instead of me. The thing is, I don't see myself doing that. Of course, in everyone else's eyes, it tests two possible scenarios: VitR/Klebian, and VitR/Glork. And, of course, there's that whole WIFOM situation that PJ brought up. It's times like these that I curse myself for ever talking about how unorthodox I tend to be.

If VitR is lynched as a pro-town player, it's pretty much either Kleb/Dahen or Kleb/Fritz. This puts me in the unenviable situation of having to choose what player to block overnight. Do I pick the common denominator or do I choose one of the other players? I really have no idea what to do. (In fact, I plan on creating a thread about this scenario after this game to ask about this to other Scummers.) At this point, I'm seriously considering just picking up a die and rolling it if I have to, because I'm all jumbled up in WIFOM logic right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1140 (isolation #217) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Oh, I guess that makes enough sense. But you had them marked as unlikely
before
I put my vote back on VitR.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1144 (isolation #218) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm serious! I have written down Kleb/VitR, Kleb/Dahen, Kleb/Fritz, VitR/Dahen and I wanted to know if I should have been crossing Kleb/Dahen off my list. Knowing
all
of your reasons for thinking Kleb/Dahen is unlikely will help me figure out what I want to do if VitR dies pro-town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1146 (isolation #219) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Oh, and before Gimmick Day ends here...

PJ, I DEMAND THAT YOU =======[] VITAMINR!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1148 (isolation #220) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Glork »

No, I already glorked Stoofer in another thread. Flay, too.

I haven't used the ====[] gimmick yet. So I needed to do that one.

Plus, I'm the only one who actually glorks people. Unless Ether equips me. But that's another story altogether.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1157 (isolation #221) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Glork »

VitaminR wrote:aside from PJ, you're the player I see as most likely to be town.
Why?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1158 (isolation #222) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Glork »

Also, why can't you be scum with Dahen?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1162 (isolation #223) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Glork »

Define "by tonight." I want a lynch to happen somewhere; if you decide to go with Klebian, I'd likely drop the hammer, but I'd need to be able to do that sometime pre-deadline. If you go with VitR, then it's not a problem.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1164 (isolation #224) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, I still completely disagree with your assessment of how I've played the role. I don't think it was necessary -- or even beneficial -- to claim. That kind of info would've helped the scums far more than it would have helped us, since I think it might've given them the guts to go after Thok (again?) earlier. I probably should have claimed yesterday, because it made sense for the scums to try to kill Thok last night, but even that would have been a LyLo roleblocker claim which you still would not have liked. On D5, after Thok investigated Kleb and pronounced him innocent, it would not have been beneficial at all, I think.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1165 (isolation #225) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Glork »

No hammer yet.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1167 (isolation #226) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote

I want to think now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1169 (isolation #227) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Glork »

Which scumgroups I think are most likely and who I actually want lynched today.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1170 (isolation #228) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm currently trying to see how the game would play out from here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1171 (isolation #229) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, let's see. I'm still looking at the same scumgroups I mentioned earlier.

If you assume that I'm legit based on the lack of a hammer, then as long as we lynch scum today, we should auto-win.

If we lynch VitR as scum, I will block Klebian. I think this would necessarily force no kill, whether Klebs or Dahen is scum. Klebian would be lynched Day 8. If he's scum, game over. If he's not scum, I block Dahen. Dahen gets lynched as scum D9.

If we lynch Klebian as scum, I block VitaminR tonight. Again, I think this would necessarily force no kill. we lynch VitR as scum on D8. If he's scum, we win. If he's town, we lynch Fritzler as scum on D9.

So basically, PJ, I want to make sure we lynch scum today, because we win. If it's Kleb/VitR, it doesn't matter. If it's Kleb/Fritz or VitR/Dahen, we need to get this right.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1172 (isolation #230) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Glork »

By the way, tickets for the Glork and PJ Show (or was it PJ and Glork?) are once again for sale. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1174 (isolation #231) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Glork »

But I demonstrated that I was paying attention, and I made a post explicitly stating that I was not hammering. I think "
Vote: Klebian
" (which really could have been shortened to "
vote klebian
" if I were scum going for the kill/win) takes as little time to type as "No hammer yet." I realized that you were probably testing me, and I wanted to make a post saying that I'm not hammering so that hopefully we could actually work together and just get it right here and now. My goal was to put the issue of me being scum to rest, not to muddy it further.

So no, I'm not "cleared" until you say I'm "cleared," but I was
trying
to make things a lot less screwed up for the both of us.

Kleb/Dahen doesn't make as much sense to me anymore because Dahen could have jumped ship and hammered VitR if he and Klebs were scum by now. He's had more than enough time, and I made it pretty clear that I'm very undecided about who to block if VitR were lynched as town. I would expect Kleb/Dahen to risk it at that point rather than risk the lynch. Dahen/VitR is still one of the possibilities I have listed.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1175 (isolation #232) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote Klebian
in case that counted.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1177 (isolation #233) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Glork »

From Newbie 297, two posts on my quicklynch stance:
Glork, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=502974#502974]Post 151[/url] wrote:Okay, this has relatively little do with the game and more to do with general mafia theory and my attitude towards Newbie games. But I feel I have to present it anyway:

I don't know about Ether, but I see little reason not to end the game and teach you the hard way why you don't hastily put a vote on a player in a LyLo (Lynch or Lose) situation. I have no compunctions about ending the game, as I am perfectly free to join another one immediately thereafter. There is little reason to risk being discovered (and losing) because you want to extend the game. The cat toys with the mouse, and the mouse escapes.

Seriously... I'd go "Vote: Ecto. Okay, we win. Now, here's what you did wrong and why you did it wrong. Now go play another Newbie game and try not to make the same mistake again." The whole point of a Newbie game is to teach you folks about how the game works; toying with you not only risks losing the game, but it also gives a false indication that players will do the same thing in other games (which, in turn, only promotes carelessness with your votes in future LyLo situations).
Glork, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=503227#503227]Post 153[/url] wrote:Meh. If you want to believe that it's possible that I'm scum with Ether and that we're trying to keep the game alive, that's fine. I suppose it is a
possibility
, but I just want to point out how incredibly
slim
that possibility is in reality. In fact, it's probably a good thing that you're keeping an open mind, but I can assure of one thing: Scums will pass up an opportunity to win a Mafia game in maybe 0.01% of all possible situations. And I cannot honestly think of a single instance in which that has ever actually happened in a game.
If you want to be obstinate to the point of disbelieving me and lynching me later on, fine. The loss can be on your hands... because if that ends up being the case, I really wouldn't care if we end up losing.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1178 (isolation #234) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Glork »

Heh, okay, so we have a difference in opinions. Now are we sure we want to lynch Klebian or not?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1179 (isolation #235) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: Klebian
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1180 (isolation #236) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Glork »

Blocking VitR if he turns up scum, and one of VitR/Dahen if he turns up town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1182 (isolation #237) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Glork »

Yea, I made the decision for us. Sorry if we lose, mate. I think we have a pretty good shot, though. <3
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1194 (isolation #238) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Glork »

I'm just glad it's over. That game was
brutal.
But I must say, other than two things (PJ making up factually wrong arguments, and us nearly losing because of flavor-quoting), I had a lot of fun.

We didn't go into the game with any sort of plan or strategy. My personal strategy was just to create enough chaos and hopefully use the town's "scumminess" against them. It seemed to work out well enough. The one thing I was concerned about was that power roles would figure the game out first -- since they'd have abilities, some of which might be (highly?) unusual for Scum Traitors.

Killing MBL was probably a mistake and in retrospect, I don't remember why we decided to do so. I think the reasoning at the time was that it would create a lot of confusion if MBL and Bird both came up scum. If I remember correctly, I wanted to create the illusion of a killi having been blocked and a vig having killed MBLscum. It seemed to work out well enough... most players did something of a doubletake: "What? Both MBL
and
Bird were scum?"

As Stoof indicated, on Night Three, we almost killed Thok. I advocated a Thok kill, but Twito talked me into killing Zindaras, because he appeared to know too much about what was going on. I was upset when he basically claimed Cop and revealed that the alignments were backwards. Several of the players seemed to pick up on it, too... though PJ didn't, which surprised me. I also distinctly remember thinking, "We should test for the existence of a Doc by just targeting him tonight." Sadly enough, N4 was the night that we did not get to make a kill.

Juggling when to kill Thok was rough, and that's definitely where we made the biggest mistake (as I don't think killing Zindaras over Thok was a
mistake
per se... it made enough sense at the time). I figured that if we missed another kill for any reason, we were screwed... so I was trying to decide if there was a Doc or not. I figured three power roles, each of which would be fairly standard/typical. What we ultimately decided to do was to kill off a couple of unclaimed confirmeds who we thought might be potential Docs (SV, then AndrewS). N7 was our breaking point and we had to kill Thok.

For as little posting as Nightson did, we talked an awful lot, especially Night Six and Night Seven. I promised Stoof I'd post the chat logs from our conversations. I will go do that later on... it basically contains a lot of number-crunching and figuring out how to nightkill to best help our chances.

I don't know how the D7 Roleblocker claim appeared, but I pretty much made it up on the spot. I told Nightson that I was likely going to claim to be a Roleblocker partway through the day. As I read over the thread during N7, I realized that post-N4, I had called everybody pro-town or neutral at least once, so I knew I was going to have trouble justifying whichever "target" I chose. I ultimately chose Klebian for a few reasons:
1) I figured that my "I defaulted to Doc and didn't want to overplay my role like I did in Best of the Internet Mafia" excuse would hold up
well enough

2) I decided that the slow turning of "if there's a Godfather, PJ is it" to "if there's a Godfather, it's Klebian" would reflect my changing opinion that maybe I did block a kill afterall.
3) Attacking Klebian and having Thok investigate him as innocent the very next night gave me an excuse to not claim the result for the next couple of days.
4) I correctly guessed that if I claimed to have that result on an "unconfirmed" player, I would probably be lynched on the spot. And going after PJ like that probably would have been equally suicidal.

The flavor claiming D7 was awful. I had absolutely no idea how to deal with it, so I kept referring to my PM, PJ's claim, and the flavor in the opening post. When that pretty much failed, I had to resort to using "well obviously my role is laid out differently" excuse which I honestly did not expect to hold up. There was definitely a period of time when I thought I would be lynched based solely on flavor claims, and that bothered me a lot. As Stoof said, he eventually gave us the Soldier PMs and said we could cite/quote parts of it as we saw fit, but it was way too late by that point. Almost all of the relevant flavor had been claimed already, and I had already patentedly demonstrated that I new nothing of Soldier flavor. Furthermore, the two keywords that I saw which
hadn't
been claimed ("elite" and "capture") were contained in the same line that had "slaughter the crew"... and I had already stated that "slaughter the crew" was not contained in my role PM. (By the way, I think that bit of flavor claiming was the most modkill-worthy. Klebian posted that
exact
phrase, with the clear intention of saying "look, I have the role PM right here and this is how I'm proving it." However, Stoof had said that ending the game on a modkill like that was a sorry way to end a game, and I couldn't really argue with that.)

The whole thing at the end of the game, with PJ's attempt to get me to quick-hammer, was interesting. The reason I didn't quick-hammer was actually because not more than ten minutes prior, I realized that Fritz hadn't claimed to be anything. I actually became worried that he was a Vig (likely One-Shot, as I think he would have been much more active otherwise), and I thought that giving away the scumgroup could be suicide even if I did get the hammer. (Incidentally, two kills thhe next night -- one on scum -- would have basically cleared Fritz with an acceptable reason to have not claimed.) So I decided not to hammer, and the "Not hammering yet." post was actually more of a
reaction
than anything else because I
didn't
want to drop the hammer yet. I wasn't even sure if PJ was testing me either, though I suspected he might have been -- a post with just "Vote: Klebian" is not at all something I would expect to see from PJ if he were actually deciding to determine what could have been the last lynch of the game. My "unvote to think" was genuine -- I wanted to figure out what to do next -- and I used the opportunity to propose some lynch/kill scenarios because I wanted to see PJ's response. When he re-voted Klebian and stated that he wasn't going to change that for the next ten minutes, I figured he was telling the truth. I thought, "Well, he's throwing me a bone and seeing if I really am scum or not." I didn't hammer at first for the same afore-mentioned reason -- if Fritz could somehow stop a kill or kill one of us, we were screwed completely. After a few minutes of thinking, though, I realized that if that were the case and we lynched VitR that day, I was screwed anyway. I'd have to no-kill, get Kleb lynched, then no-kill and go after Dahen... but even if I got Dahen lynched, Fritz could have killed/stopped me.

Incidentally, the reason we killed Fritz on N8 was because we knew the others were claimed Soldiers and just didn't want to take any chances. Fritz being an Unkillable Gorilla didn't make sense to me, and I didn't see any other feasable role.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1198 (isolation #239) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Glork »

EBWODP:
Glork wrote:Incidentally, the reason we killed Fritz on N8 was because we knew the others were claimed Soldiers and just didn't want to take any chances. Fritz being an Unkillable Gorilla didn't make sense to me, and I didn't see any other feasable role
that Fritz could have to prevent us from killing
him
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1200 (isolation #240) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Glork »

bird1111 wrote:Town totally should have realized once MBL/me came up Gorilla, I mean, what scum would stupidly put his partner one from lynch TWICE due to a crash for stupid reasons? What I did would have been one horrible bussing attempt had it been that way.
Note to self: Go crazy and D1 bus one of my partners relentlessly so that people think "there's no way scum would bus like that."
Oh wait... I've done that in the past.

MBL and you both being scum would come as no surprise. Scumbags have done far, far crazier things when busing their scumbuddies.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1201 (isolation #241) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, and two big thanks to give out. Stoof, for modding the game, obviously; and VitaminR for replacing into the game in D7... given the situation he was replacing into, I think he did as well as he could have.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1204 (isolation #242) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Glork »

Absolutely. Having suspicion on you at the start of D1 -- even if it's pretty significant -- will not necessarily get you lynched. Players will wagon a few players, express a bunch of suspicion, and move on to see what else they can dig up against other players. It just so happened that the vast majority of this town thought they were scum, and they were quite happy to go after somebody recklessly for weak reasoning.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1209 (isolation #243) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Glork »

Klebian wrote:Hey, glork, fritz actually claimed vanilla in this post, and probably earlier if he was speaking in that manner.
Yeah, apparently I missed that. Oh well.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1222 (isolation #244) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Glork »

As promised, Glork/Nightson talk from Night Six:
Glork/Nightson, N6, wrote:
(17:57:47) GlorkTheInvader: You
(17:57:56) GlorkTheInvader: We need to talk
(17:58:54) Filiusnocte: that we do
(17:59:02) GlorkTheInvader: Thoughts?
(17:59:25) Filiusnocte: well, Thok needs to die
(17:59:32) Filiusnocte: except there might be a doctor left
(17:59:36) GlorkTheInvader: Right
(17:59:49) GlorkTheInvader: This morning (in my philosophy class, shhhh), I tried to run numbers on possible scenarios
(18:00:01) GlorkTheInvader: If we try to kill Thok and fail, we basically auto-lose.
(18:00:16) GlorkTheInvader: If we try to kill someone else, it has to be someone who might be a Doctor
(18:00:32) GlorkTheInvader: Because killing PJ or Klebian (Soliders) is really only a lateral move
(18:01:06) GlorkTheInvader: So if we elect not to kill Thok, our only kill option is basically AndrewS, with the hopes that he's a Doctor
(18:01:28) Filiusnocte: indeed
(18:01:38) Filiusnocte: hmm
(18:01:43) GlorkTheInvader: Now, our best-case investigation scenario is actually if Thok investigates one of the three of us
(18:01:53) GlorkTheInvader: because there will be fewer confirmed innocents (3... PJ, Kleb, Thok)
(18:02:24) GlorkTheInvader: I was thinking.. if we kill Andrew and, say, I get investigated, it's a mostly neutral trade, with the possibility of us nabbing the doc (if there is one)
(18:02:38) GlorkTheInvader: But regardless of what Andrew is, for tomorrow night, we probably have to take a shot at Thok or else we auto-lose
(18:02:48) Filiusnocte: yeah
(18:02:58) GlorkTheInvader: Now, as far as behavior goes tomorro
(18:02:59) GlorkTheInvader: w
(18:03:06) GlorkTheInvader: I expect Thok to investiate one of the three of us
(18:03:13) GlorkTheInvader: so prepare to attack/distance from both me and Twito
(18:03:45) GlorkTheInvader: I might suggest in-thread that Thok hold his result and let us talk for a while "So that we can get information on who suspects whom without the added knowledge"
(18:04:02) Filiusnocte: s good
(18:04:07) GlorkTheInvader: But I think we need to present cases against each other as well as Dahen/Fritz (who PJ seems to think are pro-town)
(18:04:24) GlorkTheInvader: Basically, we're walking a tightrope to the very end of this game, and our play has to be quite spectacular if we're going to pull it off
(18:04:39) Filiusnocte: I'm going to say I find Fritz the most suspicious to keep consistent
(18:04:41) GlorkTheInvader: But if we don't kill Thok, I fully expect one of us to get lynched tomorrow
(18:04:43) GlorkTheInvader: Right
(18:04:48) GlorkTheInvader: And I will, too
(18:04:55) GlorkTheInvader: since I voiced that I felt either StD or Fritz was scum
(18:05:10) GlorkTheInvader: But the problem is distancing without making it obvious that we're distancing
(18:05:45) GlorkTheInvader: Now, the one thing we *do* have going for us is the fact that the town is at LyLo from here on out (barring a vigging of one of us, which I do not forsee)
(18:05:49) Filiusnocte: hopefully me or twito are the investigation targets
(18:05:56) GlorkTheInvader: No offense, but I hope so too. :P
(18:06:07) GlorkTheInvader: Ideally, it'd be Twito, and we could both go after him hardcore
(18:06:14) GlorkTheInvader: But I suspect it'll be one of us
(18:06:26) Filiusnocte: Thok has been suspicious of me
(18:06:35) Filiusnocte: so I wouldn't be surprised if it was me
(18:06:45) GlorkTheInvader: Well, and my problem is that he thought I to be pro-town on a "breadcrumb" that never existed.
(18:06:53) GlorkTheInvader: So he might revise that opinion and decide to investigate me
(18:07:13) GlorkTheInvader: Basically you have to project "Fritz, Glork, Twito" and I have to present "Fritz, Nightson, Twito"
(18:07:24) GlorkTheInvader: And we have to hope that we can get the mutal lynch of Fritz at some point
(18:07:49) GlorkTheInvader: I'm pretty much going to tell Twito that he can expect to be bused, but I think it's necessary
(18:08:22) Filiusnocte: it probably will be
(18:08:23) GlorkTheInvader: ...my current philosophy is "we have one shot of winning, and it's only if we do this, this, and this." So I figure we might as well play to go for that shot
(18:08:28) Filiusnocte: you have the best chance of making it to endgame
(18:09:05) GlorkTheInvader: Well, I'm also hoping that if it comes down to PJ + Me + Someone else, I can bring back my case against him
(18:09:20) GlorkTheInvader: I really do think that it's pretty strong, but nobody gave it any consideration due to PJ's investigated status.
(18:09:44) Filiusnocte: it'll be an uphill battle but it could work
(18:10:08) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah... but right now, I see it coming down to one of us (or maybe Twito) plus PJ plus another confirmed innocent
(18:11:08) Filiusnocte: it's too bad we can't kill Thok tonight
(18:12:07) GlorkTheInvader: I really, really want to. But I just want to take one more shot at a potential doc
(18:12:13) GlorkTheInvader: If there's a doc and it's not Andrew, we will lose
(18:12:16) GlorkTheInvader: regardless of what happens
(18:12:43) GlorkTheInvader: So to maximize our chances of winning, our best shot is to go after Andrew, hope that one of us (ideally, Twito) gets investigated, and then take aim at Thok and hope for the best. :/
(18:13:05) Filiusnocte: I agree
(18:13:10) GlorkTheInvader: okay
(18:13:29) GlorkTheInvader: Good... I'll PM Twito, wait for a response from him, and then send in the kill
(18:13:46) GlorkTheInvader: I don't think it matters at this point who makes the kill, so I'll just send Twito or something
(18:14:13) GlorkTheInvader: Also, if I do die tomorrow, and you do end up in an endgame with PJ, suggest that I was distancing from him with the whole "Godfather" thing... attacking him when I know he can't/won't be lynched, etc.
(18:14:38) GlorkTheInvader: I just wanted to get that out in case we don't get to talk again. :(
(18:14:53) Filiusnocte: lts hope that doesn't happen
(18:15:25) GlorkTheInvader: Me neither
(18:15:32) GlorkTheInvader: But damn. This one's going down to the wire. >.<
(18:16:10) Filiusnocte: yeah, we would have had it in the bag if Thok had died earlier
(18:16:26) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah.. if I hadn't audibled from Thok to Zindaras at the last minute on Night 2.
(18:16:27) GlorkTheInvader: :(
(18:16:32) GlorkTheInvader: er, Night 3
(18:18:07) Filiusnocte: oh well, we stuill have a chance
(18:18:10) GlorkTheInvader: Yep
...and Night Seven:
Glork/Nightson, N7, wrote:
(08:34:46) GlorkTheInvader: *poke*
(08:34:58) Filiusnocte: *ispoked*
(08:35:03) Filiusnocte: *isnearly braindad*
(08:35:10) Filiusnocte: <-- can't spell
(08:35:12) GlorkTheInvader: So... if Thok dies, I think we have game in hand
(08:35:26) GlorkTheInvader: If Thok doesn't die, we lose.
(08:35:39) Filiusnocte: yeah, but I'm pretty sure wehave to try and kill him
(08:35:54) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah
(08:35:58) GlorkTheInvader: And if he *does* die
(08:36:03) GlorkTheInvader: then there's room for a roleblocker claim
(08:36:13) GlorkTheInvader: ....because of the lack of a Night 4 kill
(08:36:35) Filiusnocte: you could claim you roleblockd fritz
(08:36:54) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah... but I looked over my posts, and it makes more sense if I claim I roleblocked Klebian
(08:36:58) GlorkTheInvader: So I can either go after Fritz
(08:37:07) GlorkTheInvader: or I can try to make Klebian look like a GF
(08:37:38) Filiusnocte: hmm
(08:37:52) GlorkTheInvader: The thing is
(08:38:00) GlorkTheInvader: In my assessment of players during D4
(08:38:07) GlorkTheInvader: I say that Fritz looks "slightly pro-town" to me
(08:38:26) GlorkTheInvader: which doesn't make sense if I blocked him and there was no kill
(08:38:35) Filiusnocte: yes that would be a problem
(08:38:42) GlorkTheInvader: Even if I'm aware of the possibility of a Doc, I would be taking it into account
(08:39:03) Filiusnocte: what did you say about klebian
(08:39:16) GlorkTheInvader: I said that I wasn't sure what I felt and that I had to re-read his posts later
(08:39:22) GlorkTheInvader: and then I presented a case against him later in the day
(08:39:30) GlorkTheInvader: ...which, I'm guessing, prompted Thok's investigation of him that night
(08:40:43) Filiusnocte: well, I wouldn't be suprised if PJ went back to see what yourpossition has beenon fritz
(08:40:51) Filiusnocte: and that coud ruin thewholething
(08:41:09) Filiusnocte: he seemed fairly suspicious ofyou
(08:42:07) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah
(08:42:15) GlorkTheInvader: The upside to that is
(08:42:18) GlorkTheInvader: that if nobody can counterclaim anything
(08:42:28) GlorkTheInvader: he will have a hard time explaining the lack of a kill N4
(08:43:02) GlorkTheInvader: ...as I doubt he'd find a strategic no-kill plausable, he can't think that I missed a deadline (I've been far too active), and I seriously doubt that he would guess that the lack of a kill was part of the setup design
(08:43:19) Filiusnocte: thisis true
(08:43:34) GlorkTheInvader: So based on actions and numbers alone... it's possible that we've got this in the bag
(08:43:43) GlorkTheInvader: Fritz is careless enough that, if he's around, he'll probably be willing to just toss the hammer
(08:43:47) GlorkTheInvader: PJ will be a tough one to turn
(08:43:47) Filiusnocte: lets hope so
(08:43:58) GlorkTheInvader: Dahen I can probably swing if I say "Klebian + Nightson, obvobv"
(08:44:12) Filiusnocte: I'
(08:44:22) Filiusnocte: ll try to make it looklike I'm bussinghim big time
(08:44:29) GlorkTheInvader: Haha, okay
(08:44:33) GlorkTheInvader: Oh, the other thing I'm going to do
(08:44:39) GlorkTheInvader: I won't claim right at the start
(08:44:48) GlorkTheInvader: but I'll demand that everyone give me their top suspects with one or two reasons
(08:45:05) GlorkTheInvader: ...I know for a fact that PJ will be raising his eyebrow
(08:45:21) GlorkTheInvader: but when I claim, I'm going to say that I wanted to see who Klebian would point at without knowing he was going down in flames
(08:45:34) GlorkTheInvader: During that time, I think I want you to point at me
(08:45:36) GlorkTheInvader: so that if my claim falls through
(08:45:41) GlorkTheInvader: you can bus me adequately
(08:45:56) Filiusnocte: you'll be a the top of my list followed by fritz
(08:46:01) GlorkTheInvader: Sweet
Obviously I changed the "I'm not going to claim right at the start" part. I honestly can't remember why. I think I was worried that if I waited, PJ might see it as trying to gague suspicions to come up with the most convenient claim/target... or something.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1227 (isolation #245) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:45 am

Post by Glork »

It's true. I was sad. :(

But then I won as scum again. And I was happy. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1230 (isolation #246) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Glork »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Having more knowledge than one is supposed to is a scum tell, IH, not a town tell. And the same essentially applied to the mafia.
QFT. One of the points that PJ had against me was that I "figured things out" too quickly.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”