Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by N »

The following deaths happened during night 1:

F-16_Fighting_Falcon,
Town Non-Consecutive Night Hider

Maxous,
Vanilla Townie
Last edited by N on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by N »

Vote Count 2.00
havingfitz
(0)
ICEninja
(0)
zakk
(0)
Garmr
(0)
toolenduso
(0)
Sir Bastion
(0)
Slandaar
(0)
Thor665
(0)
Elyse
(0)
Skelda
(0)

Not Voting:
havingfitz, ICEninja, zakk, Garmr, toolenduso, Sir Bastion, Slandaar, Thor665, Elyse, Skelda

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-11-05 22:21:57)
Last edited by N on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 736, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Albert, if you really are town, I think Thor is the person town should look into if I die tonight.
VOTE: Thor

Too easy.

I am also deeply sorry for being wrong about Thor. I feel retarded and Albert is probably waving his fist at me in the dead QT.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 752, Elyse wrote: VOTE: Thor

Too easy.
Uh, could you elaborate please?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Well damn. OK. That sucks.

Neither Maxous nor F-16 feels like a vig kill to me. Slandaar would have shot Thor if he was a vig, and anyone else probably would have shot Slandaar.

I'm not going to assume anything, but this feels like either a two-family mafia game or we've got a serial killer.

I'm now having serious doubts about Thor. I obviously can't trust ABR completely, as I still don't understand why he played the way he played, but he might have been on to something.

My current biggest suspects are [zakk, fitz, Garmr, Skelda] because I'm almost certain there was at least one scum lurking throughout that entire debacle, and one of Thor or Slandaar but not both.

Looking at the votes for day 1, I'm feeling like Garmr is a good bet right now.

Vote Garmr
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I want some pressure on either Thor or Slandaar, too. But I only have one vote so...
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Elyse »

Really Ice?

F-16 was a HIDER. He said yesterday that we should look at THOR before if he died. He died. He obviously hid behind Thor.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Elyse »

The word before should not be there idk what that even means.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Ah, I got it. Good catch, Elyse. Didn't know what a hider was. Here it is for anybody else:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hider

VOTE: Thor665
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

this is straight forward

vote: Thor665

I am also deeply sorry for being wrong about Thor. I feel retarded and Albert is probably waving his fist at me in the dead QT.
nothing retarded about yesterday. Falcon was the smart one and his work paid off to give us a confirmed scum today on someone who regardless of what some might have thought would have been hard to pin down without some sort of night action.

But that I expect will be a discussion post game about a great many things, so for the sake of the current game, please save *I told you so's and Tsk bad town players* remarks until after we deal with the problem at hand.

In the meantime unless someone can magic a circumstance that shows that thor is not confirmed scum I suggest we treat him as such and move on to disecting yesterday in full with the new knowledge we have here and lynch him when we are happy that we have discussed day 1 and night 1 in full rather then quicklynching him and letting scum clog up day 3 with us chatting about day 1 leads and whatnots.

So can we get no more votes on thor please
, if we want to discuss today we must not give Thor or any of his buddies the opportunity to end the day early. I think 3 will suffice to keep him locked and ready to hung quickly when the time comes.

Which for me right now

FOS: Iceninja

his wishy washy attitude post alberts claim struck me as suspicous enough to keep an eye on him

Also
Well damn. OK. That sucks.
If there is *ever* a more universal day 2 scum tell in the world of mafia it's starting day 2 with this.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 726, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:If I die tonight, go for ICEninja.
Vote: Ice
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 760, Thor665 wrote:
In post 726, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:If I die tonight, go for ICEninja.
Vote: Ice
his other claim fits better.

first he made it after the one you linked (10 posts later)

secondly he specified if Albert flipped town he was going to check you.

If albert had flipped scum I expect he would have hide behind ice and we would be in a very different game right now.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, except he clearly hadn't settled on his thoughts because he was bouncing around and trying to give out final reads.
Also, I'm town. So, yeah, Falcon did something derpy. I'm guessing it's the semi-reasonable revert to the earlier suspicion rather than totally random hide.
Tell you what though, I won't call you a fool if you vow right now to lynch Ice tomorrow after my flip.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I've never encountered a hider before. It gets fake claimed a lot, so I typically lynch anyone who claims to be one.

If that's the case then yeah Thor should be lynched today. Which makes me feel a lot better about Slandaar.

I agree with Bastion about not quick lynching Thor, though, and I'm quite happy with where my vote sits.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 762, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, except he clearly hadn't settled on his thoughts because he was bouncing around and trying to give out final reads.
Also, I'm town. So, yeah, Falcon did something derpy. I'm guessing it's the semi-reasonable revert to the earlier suspicion rather than totally random hide.
Tell you what though, I won't call you a fool if you vow right now to lynch Ice tomorrow after my flip.
I find that hard to swallow.

Clearing you would have been the prime concern of any player in this game after day 1. I'm pretty sure you'll find that any player who had a similar ability would have checked you last night (and this is a call
not to reveal such results except in most dire of circumstances, we dont need confirmation
)

You're a strong player no one denies that and day 1 got very hung up with other players butting heads with you, cases got ridiculous and the day dragged, it would be insane not to clear you first and foremost so that day 2 didnt end up repeating such nonsense.

Falcon I will credit was clear in his motivations, which for me is the best credit you can give a town player

firstly he was well aware of the above dangers as he said so in this post:
In post 656, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote: As Albert himself shows, it goes both ways.
If Albert is scum, it will be difficult to get a wagon back on him later on
(possibly with Thor dead and Albert's detractors mislynched or killed). Albert's now a strong scumread. I want to lynch him today once Skelda and HavingFitz post their thoughts.
You would have been a very difficult person to deal with today. Falcon may have been talking about Albert in this case, but the thought process rings true for any player as capable as you or albert.

secondly Ice was a suspect with albert being scum. Every post he made on Ice being potential scum clearly tied him to albert:
In post 731, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:In particular, this is BS.
In post 631, ICEninja wrote:You're at L-2. I highly doubt you'll end up quicklynched. I as well don't like all the AtE you've been putting out.

And just to remind people, deadline is actually coming up soon. We've got a few days, but
if someone wants to derail this wagon on ABR it had better be right now, and damn convincing
He wants the wagon derailed but doesn't want to accept responsibility.
In post 697, ICEninja wrote:Because I'm quite happy with either lynch. As of this moment, I'm more confident in ABR flipping scum, though not by much.

If town really wanted to swing and lynch Slandaar instead today (as I believe I've alluded to before) I'd be alright with that. There just doesn't seem like much momentum for that.
He keeps his vote on the leading wagon while posturing to switch to Slandaar is the opportunity shows up.
In post 723, ICEninja wrote:That's a more or less decent case for day 1, Max. Why didn't you push it?
Wants Maxx to push a case against someone other than Albert.

He is positioning himself to look good upon an Albert scumflip while posturing to remove his vote at any point.
In post 726, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:This is a good wagon, likely on scum. I don't like ICEninja's constant efforts to subtly dismantle it. I am pretty sure Albert will flip scum and ICEninja is his buddy. If I die tonight, go for ICEninja.

VOTE: Albert B Rampage

before ICEninja pulls up more crap to try and dismantle it. HF and Skelda can post tomorrow.
All this points to a player who knew exactly what he was doing going into night 1. He wasnt derpy or unsettled.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 763, ICEninja wrote:I've never encountered a hider before. It gets fake claimed a lot, so I typically lynch anyone who claims to be one.

If that's the case then yeah Thor should be lynched today. Which makes me feel a lot better about Slandaar.

I agree with Bastion about not quick lynching Thor, though, and I'm quite happy with where my vote sits.
you agree with me on one point but you fail to show any interest in responding or discussing the issue that comes from that point.

We are not quick lynching Thor to discuss what night 1's results and the events of day 1

perhaps a bit more detail why you would feel garmr would be suspect numero 1 for you based on all the information we've collected?
Scum:

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Um..."the most dire circumstances" would be - Thor is town. So, yeah, anyone who investigated me yesterday and can clear this up should say so.
There is literally nothing else worse. I don't even understand the dire theory you're suggesting might be out there other than that.

And the day didn't go draggy because of me. it went draggy because Al decided to lie about a case, then reverse it, and then go back on me for nonsensical reasons. it's great now that we know he was...honest about his lying(?) but that doesn't make the fault of yesterday hang heavy on my shoulders. I suspect Falcon puzzled that out as well, even a brief glance at Al's last case on me makes no sense, it was just random blarg and besides bluster there was no reason to waste PR actions to disprove it. I find it odd to suggest otherwise - you might as well claim he should have investigated you because Al also thought you and I were the scum, remember? Yeah - all the cases were derptastic.

I still don't see a vow about Ice.
Why aren't you willing to give me that since you're so sure about me?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, how can that even go wrong. What, i'll flip scum and then you'll be forced to dance to my whims anyway?
Let's even make it 'If Thor flips town I vow to lynch Ice Day 3'

You can do it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by Garmr »

VOTE: Thor
I think it's obvious that his scum with falcons post 736 which elyse brought up. He also probably knew that slandaar wouldn't give up the thor lynch. Also if thors scum I think this proves Slandaar's obvious town.I would look back into more reasons for how's thor is scum but I don't want to go read that argument with Slandaar it gives me a headache.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Garmr - you can make the vow too.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 766, Thor665 wrote:I still don't see a vow about Ice.
Why aren't you willing to give me that since you're so sure about me?
I think you might need to back up and read my first post of day 2.

I dont need to make a vow to you because my intentions towards ICE are damn clear already.
thor wrote:And the day didn't go draggy because of me. it went draggy because Al decided to lie about a case, then reverse it, and then go back on me for nonsensical reasons. it's great now that we know he was...honest about his lying(?) but that doesn't make the fault of yesterday hang heavy on my shoulders. I suspect Falcon puzzled that out as well, even a brief glance at Al's last case on me makes no sense, it was just random blarg and besides bluster there was no reason to waste PR actions to disprove it. I find it odd to suggest otherwise - you might as well claim he should have investigated you because Al also thought you and I were the scum, remember? Yeah - all the cases were derptastic.
*sigh* Did I say the day went draggy because of you? I said it went draggy because 2 other players kept butting heads with you. They were the reason it went draggy, they were also the reason why you needed to be cleared.

You seem to work from the assumption that F16 would only hide behind someone to see if they are guilty you are not considering the great strength it would have given falcon going in today knowing that one of our loudest most experienced players is not scum. There is every justification to check you regardless of how stupid Al and Slandaar where yesterday, in fact their stupidity made it more crucial that someone cleared you today, so that we can put any further outbursts of said stupidity in the ignore pile and not seed minute seeds of doubt.

As for the *dire circumstances* yes thor is town is the obvious and clear elephant in the room. But it needs to be 100% thor is town, not *I tracked thor and he went nowhere last night, he cant have killed Maxous* which is of no help and just lets someone out of the bag unnecessarily But there are other blatantly obvious results that might be of dire importance such as *I tracked XXX to Maxous last night* which isnt a confirmation of what we know but obviously really important information.
garmr wrote:I think it's obvious that his scum with falcons post 736 which elyse brought up. He also probably knew that slandaar wouldn't give up the thor lynch. Also if thors scum I think this proves Slandaar's obvious town.I would look back into more reasons for how's thor is scum but I don't want to go read that argument with Slandaar it gives me a headache.

I still have no idea what you are trying to say most of the time.

but unvote you damn idiot.
Scum:

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Garmr »

The vows a little bit stupid through as in F16 case he knew he would die if you were scum and it was a crumb of his night actions your vow on ice isn't anything to do with your actions?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Garmr »

@Sir bastion
Why it's lynch 2???
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 771, Garmr wrote:The vows a little bit stupid through as in F16 case he knew he would die if you were scum and it was a crumb of his night actions your vow on ice isn't anything to do with your actions?
...what?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 772, Garmr wrote:@Sir bastion
Why it's lynch 2???
Thor is scum caught fair and square by his twinkly toes in a night action.

There is no case to discuss with other players, all there is is what thor musters as his defence.

So for the rest of his this is a good time to take in day 1 and night 1 and discuss other potential scum that will be pushed on in day 3.

but if you put him anywhere near hammer, Thor will hammer himself so we get no time to discuss and his scum partners get to skulk pass day 2 without contributing to the discussion.
Scum:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”