Stoofer's 3rd Law

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I agree with Yosarian's thoughts.

But I think it's quite possible that you could design a power-heavy game that is so confusing that the power doesn't help the town's accuracy to be better than under a mountainous setup.

I rate roleblockers as more powerful than doctors. They're like a hybrid cop-doc. Doctors are only stronger when they know who they need to be protecting.

Governor is the main role I think of as an example of a neutral-negative role in town hands. (Though I've seen a governor save someone who claimed in twilight. But that's a weird situation.)
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

jeep wrote:As to roleblocker, I strongly feel that it's not a positive town role unless it's an open setup. The roleblocker can never know if they blocked anything from happening or if it was just a fluke that the SK targetted the godfather or...
They don't need to know this to be useful. It's already useful to stop a kill. Same as with a doctor.

It's true that a doctor is less likely to accidentally make a move that hurts the town. But a roleblocker, like a vig, is trying to target scummy people. If we don't imagine they have an ability to pick out scummy people then a vig is not a very positive role either.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”