DoctorEagle
DoctorEagle
Townie
DoctorEagle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by DoctorEagle »

I'm inclined to vote Venrob because of the self meta and his attempt to make self voting looking like an alignment indicative thing rather than a playstyle indicative thing.

I need to ask DP on his read for Venrob. But I'll go ahead and vote him now

VOTE: Venrob

-BE

P-Edit: No scumhunting either, pieguy.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@everyone: Venrob is L - 1 watch out plz

yeah I agree about "no scumhunting". that said

JacobSavage, Venrob: may we have a list of your reads plz.
In post 211, thenewearth wrote:
In post 209, Brian Skies wrote:@TNE: What are your reads right now?
DE and Pieguy are town

Venrob is scum
thenewearth: explain your reads more plz?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 225, DoctorEagle wrote:I'm inclined to vote Venrob because of the self meta and his attempt to make self voting looking like an alignment indicative thing rather than a playstyle indicative thing.

-BE

I thought you guys were going to vote me?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Venrob is leaning town for me cause I like how he just straight up said "this is how I play" etc., and everything he's done so far seems to match that. in fact I said this already 0.0
Seriously this gives you a town read?
Venrob in [url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4666792#p4666792]Open 474[/url] wrote:Stupid internet... stopped letting me post! Fixed it. About the wiki: I cant write what i claimed in thread? I need to make people dig for my claim? That's stupid.

My play in one sentence?
Very odd with false scumtells seen where i cant tell and what people tell me is bad play, though i highly disagree because its just how i play.
Check it- run on sentence, but just one.

Now as for in a nice description:
I play odd enough for people to call me scum as town and town as scum (check open 428- absta was such an idiot). I can make good plays (472 i claimed mason as vt and scum shot me (in that game when scum shoots vt the scum dies)). I can be bad in LYLO (Phineas and Ferb mafia, to be fair i replaced in). Sometimes people get accurate reads on me (lylo of 428- all the town except absta thought i was scum). As for my scumhunting skills, not much untill day 2 or three, or when the first scum dies. My brain works differently than most, so i hunt differently. Dont try and have me explain how i hunt, it would take a while to type and also i dont really know how i do it myself lol. I'd have to ISO myself in several different games to figure it out (its mostly subconscious hunting).

LONG POST IS LONG

Anyway as i said im not much use untill day 2 or 3. Now, further questions about me?
That's pretty much what you've said he was town for.

(Spoiler: He was scum)
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

----Town
Alduskkel
Brian Skies
----Null
DoctorEagle
EspeciallyTheLies
Hiraki
Sakura Hana
thenewearth
Ankamius
------ Scum
Venrob
pieguyn
Viera Assassin
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

JacobSavage wrote:Seriously this gives you a town read?
hell yes :>

it'll be really suspicious though if D2 comes and he still doesn't do anything, tho

mind explaining why me/VA/Venrob are scum? given you only posted like 5 times and none of those posts had very much in them
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 229, JacobSavage wrote:----Town
Alduskkel
Brian Skies
----Null
DoctorEagle
EspeciallyTheLies
Hiraki
Sakura Hana
thenewearth
Ankamius
------ Scum
Venrob
pieguyn

Viera Assassin[/b]
Can you go into these two reads, please? I have a town read on pieguyn and Viera Assassin has been impossible for me to read so far.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

VA is scum because his name is last and I didn't see it when I was moving the names around, SO BY JOVE HE MUST BE SCUM.

Venrob is scum because of this self meta thing, that and he deliberately avoids his other scum games that he replaced out of which to be honest, given how he seems to be trying to cover it up.

You are scum if Venrob isn't for trying to white knight him over something stupid.
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 229, JacobSavage wrote:------ Scum
Venrob
pieguyn

Viera Assassin
This is curious to me, Jacob. I am personally reading him as town.
Art is cool.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 232, JacobSavage wrote:You are scum if Venrob isn't for trying to white knight him over something stupid.
I'm not actually white knighting him? I just said I was townreading him. not sure on the exact definition of white knighting but I don't think I've done any actual defense on his part o.o
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Yo

popping in to say I disapprove of Venrob being at L-1

Still have limited access.

Will respond to stuff later.

At least don't hammer in the next 7 hours. And obviously wait for Venrob to post again. Ideally, don't hammer him at all.

@Venrob: Scumreads?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Oh hey it's my scumday. 5th year here woo
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 235, Alduskkel wrote: popping in to say I disapprove of Venrob being at L-1
By this do you mean you just don't want Venrob on L-1 or what?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 224, pieguyn wrote:anyway, what's your opinion on Sakura? especially the contradiction I pointed in my post
Although I don't like how the wagon started on her (the lack of commitment thing is bs and Ald should feel bad), I'm leaning null-scum here. I don't really like her defense, especially the part about Ank. She already claimed to be a self-voter and even mentions ns self-voting all the time. So this raised a bunch of red flags for me. I acknowledge the light chainsaw too. However, she seems insistent that even though other people do it as town, it's still scummy. Part of me says that if we lynch her, she might flip town. Especially since both Sakura and notscience are players that seem to really want to change their metas.

Ald, however, seems pretty scummy to me. He sheeped his way onto the Venrob wagon with a shit reason and he sheeped VA's shitty Saki-meta vote with another shit reason. I haven't been impressed with his pushing either. To me, it just looks like scum trying to look busy. And I'm willing to wager that either Sakura or Ald will flip scum (not convinced of them being a scumteam yet at this point).

And what contradiction? You need to be more specific.
In post 224, pieguyn wrote:I was referring to that @_@ I thought this was saying Venrob voting Ank led to the wagon which in part got out of RVS. without him voting Ank, this wouldn't have happened
I'm townreading Ank because it looked like he was intentionally self-voting to get reads and push a discussion.

While it's true
Venrob's vote
contributed to getting us out of RVS, I don't see the same intention of
Venrob
wanting to move us out of RVS through his vote as Ank.
In post 224, pieguyn wrote:why didn't you pressure him farther then? you could have easily asked something like "why did you attack him and not me"..
Because I'm not an RVS player and I don't have any real experience initiating attacks. I'm better at letting other people take control, analyzing what happens, and making my reads accordingly. My Day 1 play is weak and it's something I need to work on.

Besides, I wanted to see other people's reactions to the Venrob wagon. It surprised me to see that only a few people realized I should have been wagoned too (and this happened much later). I was waiting for someone to attack me but it never came.
In post 225, DoctorEagle wrote:I'm inclined to vote Venrob because of the self meta and his attempt to make self voting looking like an alignment indicative thing rather than a playstyle indicative thing.

-BE

One of your heads was leaning town on him, and now you want to sheep onto the wagon?

Why? What's changed (besides what you already said in this post)?
In post 227, Sakura Hana wrote:I thought you guys were going to vote me?
I'm not sold on you yet.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Brian Skies wrote:And what contradiction? You need to be more specific.
see this post

there's some things in that defense that seem nervous 0.0
Brian Skies wrote:Besides, I wanted to see other people's reactions to the Venrob wagon. It surprised me to see that only a few people realized I should have been wagoned too (and this happened much later). I was waiting for someone to attack me but it never came.
^ this is a good idea. then why say this first? v
Because I'm not an RVS player and I don't have any real experience initiating attacks. I'm better at letting other people take control, analyzing what happens, and making my reads accordingly. My Day 1 play is weak and it's something I need to work on.
clearly your idea of watching the Venrob wagon was a good idea that happened in RVS. if you had an idea, better to stick with it :3 for me, the fact that you throw this in there before saying your intention means you're nervous...
Brian Skies wrote:Ald, however, seems pretty scummy to me. He sheeped his way onto the Venrob wagon with a shit reason and he sheeped VA's shitty Saki-meta vote with another shit reason. I haven't been impressed with his pushing either. To me, it just looks like scum trying to look busy. And I'm willing to wager that either Sakura or Ald will flip scum (not convinced of them being a scumteam yet at this point).
I find it weird how you mentioned Ald. can you explain why you did that plz?
DoctorEagle
DoctorEagle
Townie
DoctorEagle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by DoctorEagle »

I don't agree with DP's read on Venrob, not sure why he is townreading him at all.

Nothing changed, I didn't like Venrob to begin with.

@Sakura, DP wanted to vote you, but I was like "meh"
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

As per the contradiction, it's scummy. And if you were to ask my opinion, I'm pretty certain Ank's self-vote was for information gain and not confusion (hence my townread).
In post 239, pieguyn wrote:
Brian Skies wrote:Besides, I wanted to see other people's reactions to the Venrob wagon. It surprised me to see that only a few people realized I should have been wagoned too (and this happened much later). I was waiting for someone to attack me but it never came.
^ this is a good idea. then why say this first? v
clearly your idea of watching the Venrob wagon was a good idea that happened in RVS. if you had an idea, better to stick with it :3 for me, the fact that you throw this in there before saying your intention means you're nervous...
I'm telling you why I chose to go with my idea instead of attacking him outright. There is a direct correlation between the type of player I am and the decision I made.

Also notice how quickly the Venrob wagon formed and how little reason accompanied it. If I didn't have a firm grasp of what was going on, I would have called it interesting too (
looks at Sakura
). It's like, seriously, you have 4 votes on 1 person, and nobody says anything substantial. And we already know that there can be, at best, 3 mafia (or 2 mafia and a traitor). I was curious to see how the discussion would develop. This also leads to why I didn't like how the Sakura wagon started.
In post 239, pieguyn wrote:
Brian Skies wrote:Ald, however, seems pretty scummy to me. He sheeped his way onto the Venrob wagon with a shit reason and he sheeped VA's shitty Saki-meta vote with another shit reason. I haven't been impressed with his pushing either. To me, it just looks like scum trying to look busy. And I'm willing to wager that either Sakura or Ald will flip scum (not convinced of them being a scumteam yet at this point).
I find it weird how you mentioned Ald. can you explain why you did that plz?
Because I'm scumreading him based on his interactions with Sakura. I think at least one of them is likely to be scum, but I'm just not convinced they're a team yet.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ok I'm satisfied with that for now www
I'm telling you why I chose to go with my idea instead of attacking him outright. There is a direct correlation between the type of player I am and the decision I made.
oh I considered watching what happens to be a type of attack in some cases \:D/ just an indirect one rather than a direct one.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm satisfied with your attack on me so far. It's giving me a pretty solid townread on you. :D
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 240, DoctorEagle wrote:@Sakura, DP wanted to vote you, but I was like "meh"
I dont mind him voting me, in fact I wanted to engage with him and 1v1, since i can prob get a better read of your slot that way since I've hydra'd with him.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

Where is my Petalchaser?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

VA you were already voting Venrob. = = what the hell are you trying to do? LOL

also JacobSavage explain this plz
In post 228, JacobSavage wrote:
Venrob is leaning town for me cause I like how he just straight up said "this is how I play" etc., and everything he's done so far seems to match that. in fact I said this already 0.0
Seriously this gives you a town read?
In post 66, Venrob wrote:Stupid internet... stopped letting me post! Fixed it. About the wiki: I cant write what i claimed in thread? I need to make people dig for my claim? That's stupid.

My play in one sentence?
Very odd with false scumtells seen where i cant tell and what people tell me is bad play, though i highly disagree because its just how i play.
Check it- run on sentence, but just one.

Now as for in a nice description:
I play odd enough for people to call me scum as town and town as scum (check open 428- absta was such an idiot). I can make good plays (472 i claimed mason as vt and scum shot me (in that game when scum shoots vt the scum dies)). I can be bad in LYLO (Phineas and Ferb mafia, to be fair i replaced in). Sometimes people get accurate reads on me (lylo of 428- all the town except absta thought i was scum). As for my scumhunting skills, not much untill day 2 or three, or when the first scum dies. My brain works differently than most, so i hunt differently. Dont try and have me explain how i hunt, it would take a while to type and also i dont really know how i do it myself lol. I'd have to ISO myself in several different games to figure it out (its mostly subconscious hunting).

LONG POST IS LONG

Anyway as i said im not much use untill day 2 or 3. Now, further questions about me?
That's pretty much what you've said he was town for.

(Spoiler: He was scum)
first off this is a misrep. this isn't necessarily the same thing = =

anyway here you accuse me because I townread Venrob and cite a game he did this where he was scum, saying I should be scumreading him instead. but here
In post 204, Viera Assassin wrote:why does every game start with a sakura wagon
VA passes up a Sakura vote citing meta and you don't say anything. are you implying that Venrob has never done this as town? likewise, by not saying anything about VA, are you implying Sakura has never done this as mafia? plus, using only one game as meta reference seems really hazardous, so if you wanna use this reasoning, link more games plz.

plus, explain why you seem to post only when people ask you to or call you for lurking? and none of the first posts really had content either. IMO, this makes me think you're trying to lurk on purpose and then just threw the first scumread you could think of out there when you got pressured. = =
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 246, pieguyn wrote:VA you were already voting Venrob. = = what the hell are you trying to do? LOL
It's called a fake hammer reaction test, tho IMO it was pretty obvious.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

1. What I was saying is that your reasoning is shit. "Venrob is town for his self-meta" when I just gave an example of self-meta as scum, which makes your point null.
2. You seem to be misrepping now. I said your town tell is null because 1. and Venrob is scum for deliberately avoiding in his meta any scum games that would actually be useful for us.
3. I really wasn't paying attention, to be perfectly honest. THat and I don't think I've seen VA or Sakura play before meaning I can't comment.
4. That's how I roll.
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:08 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Vote Count 1.5

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Venrob (6): Brian Skies, Hiraki, Ankamius, Viera Assassin, thenewearth, DoctorEagle
Sakura Hana (2): pieguyn, EspeciallyTheLies
JacobSavage (1): Alduskkel
DoctorEagle (1): Sakura Hana

Not Voting: JacobSavage, Venrob,

Deadline: September 28, 3 PM EDT (GMT-4) ((expired on 2013-09-28 15:00:00))
Prodding: Venrob, Hiraki

yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!

Return to “Completed Open Games”