Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Venrob »

You won't see town motivation in me, you will see venrob motivation. I play how I play. One teensy thing that I think I should mention incase I didn't already is I have autism. This means I think differently. This means I act different than your average joe in the same circumstances. Read me with this in mind. Start of game on day 1 if game is daystart, my motivation is 'get out of fucking rvs' and then 'fucking end day 1'. I hate day 1, regardless of alignment; exception being nightstart games, which are the norm everywgere I have ever played except here. This has biased me against daystart, mainly because my main style for scumhunting works well with dead people existing, cuz flips are helpful. Given daystart gives town a lynch to start, it takes forever without me being able to scumhunt the way i'm used to.

One thing I noticed of this setup; mafia have a trick they could pull pregame when picking powers. If they pick 2 upgraded roles (not recruiting traitor) and get daytalk, goon cop becomes 100% useless. That can help maf considering they will have a cop who gets inno on everyone...

They can also fuck themselves. Recruit traitor, enable daytalk. Nothing else. 4 town powers, goon cop gets guilty on all mafiosos. High chances of goon cop, too.

Let's hope for the latter.

P-edit: Wait i forgot to unvote?
UNVOTE: [/vote]
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Venrob »

You won't see town motivation in me, you will see venrob motivation. I play how I play. One teensy thing that I think I should mention incase I didn't already is I have autism. This means I think differently. This means I act different than your average joe in the same circumstances. Read me with this in mind. Start of game on day 1 if game is daystart, my motivation is 'get out of fucking rvs' and then 'fucking end day 1'. I hate day 1, regardless of alignment; exception being nightstart games, which are the norm everywgere I have ever played except here. This has biased me against daystart, mainly because my main style for scumhunting works well with dead people existing, cuz flips are helpful. Given daystart gives town a lynch to start, it takes forever without me being able to scumhunt the way i'm used to.

One thing I noticed of this setup; mafia have a trick they could pull pregame when picking powers. If they pick 2 upgraded roles (not recruiting traitor) and get daytalk, goon cop becomes 100% useless. That can help maf considering they will have a cop who gets inno on everyone...

They can also fuck themselves. Recruit traitor, enable daytalk. Nothing else. 4 town powers, goon cop gets guilty on all mafiosos. High chances of goon cop, too.

Let's hope for the latter.

P-edit: Wait i forgot to unvote?
UNVOTE: [/vote]
I'm back!
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Venrob »

EBWOP UNVOTE:

BEDTIME FOR ME THEN! Uhg it's midnight I shouldn't fuckin be postin
I'm back!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Hiraki »

My vote is not moving.

Motivation has literally nothing to do with why you're scum here.
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by Viera Assassin »

why does every game start with a sakura wagon
VOTE: Venrob
Where is my Petalchaser?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 204, Viera Assassin wrote:why does every game start with a sakura wagon
what's your opinion on the contradiction I pointed out in this post? and explain better what ideas you got from the Ankamius/Venrob debate? obv you're siding against Venrob atm
DoctorEagle wrote:130 SO do you think Jacob is scum with them?
that would imply he's traitor or they recruited traitor cause the team would be Sakura+Venrob already, but it's possible
DoctorEagle wrote:126 So we are settling on a lurker vote? I liked your previous stances but now you choose to go for someone who might not have read the thread yet? And your post still indicates you dont like Sakura's posts. What gives?
I wanted to put pressure on him to make sure he couldn't just get by unnoticed. I'm still suspicious of him cause he went into active lurking right after I voted him = =
In post 203, Hiraki wrote:My vote is not moving.

Motivation has literally nothing to do with why you're scum here.
you're doing it wrong

leaning town on Venrob for now. I like the tone of his post and I like how he just went and said "this is how I play deal with it" instead of trying to play all defensive.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 205, pieguyn wrote:the team would be Sakura+Venrob already
In post 205, pieguyn wrote:leaning town on Venrob for now.
Let's play a game of who contradicts themselves more shall we?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by thenewearth »

prod dodge.

In school and shit.

Plus that server down didn't help.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Actually

Venrob and self-meta

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@TNE: What are your reads right now?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 206, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 205, pieguyn wrote:the team would be Sakura+Venrob already
In post 205, pieguyn wrote:leaning town on Venrob for now.
Let's play a game of who contradicts themselves more shall we?
wow you're trying really hard to accuse me aren't you
I thought he was scum before this post. then that question was asking about my thinking at the time I said that which was before that post, which if was true would imply you + Venrob. it wasn't until after the post Venrob made that I think Venrob is town. kthx

I think I've noticed some things, but I have to go for now = = so I'll read the thread and probably have more ideas later.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 209, Brian Skies wrote:@TNE: What are your reads right now?
DE and Pieguy are town

Venrob is scum
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 177, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 176, pieguyn wrote:we run Sakura up to L-1
Or i can self-hammer as town again -trollface-

Nah, not really, I really wanna remove that bad habit of mine.
Wow I've never seen you this fluffy before.
Makes me want to snuggle you to death.
Literally

You can add Sakura to Null-really-scum
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 174, Viera Assassin wrote:Sakura self-votes:

1. Is it RVS (specifically, >5 pages in?)?
yes -> null
no -> go to 2

2. Is it later on in D1 ~ sometime before LyLo?
yes -> 3
no -> Sakura wouldn't do that. Not in LyLo/MyLo.

3. Is it accompanied by AtE--specifically, frustration?
yes -> town
no -> scum
I'm... Confused.
Are you letting her answer? Or... what?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

k, I knew I saw something :>

@Brian Skies: answer my question plz v
In post 137, pieguyn wrote:
In post 136, Brian Skies wrote:I'm still not understanding the wagon on Sakura.
since when were you not understanding it in the first place? 0.0

after a quick check, I don't see you ever mentioning you didn't understand it. mb I just missed it > <
Brian Skies wrote:I can see this as a very real possibility when following the logic in your post.
Brian Skies wrote:Also, Pieguy is making a pretty solid case as town for me.
I only had 1 post in between the first quote and the second quote (2 if you count my post with just the original question) and there was no new information in there about Sakura. can you explain why the flip flop plz?
Brian Skies wrote:In the sense of what? Bandwagoning a self-vote because you thought you could get it lynched? Because you thought Ankamius was scum? Explain to me how you got us out of RVS. Because right now, it only seems like you're looking for towncred after getting pushed up against the wall.
Brian Skies wrote:I was already townreading Ankamius at that point, so I needed to move my vote. Venrob's vote looked opportunistic to me (I had already voted Ankamius so Venrob's vote looked opportunistic in the sense that either he was just jumping on the bandwagon or trying to get a similar response from post #20). I left the vote on him because I didn't like the responses in posts #24, 31, 36, or 37.
Brian Skies wrote:What's petty? The guy gets attacked and the best thing he could come up with was "OMG WE'RE OUT OF RVS, TOWNREAD ME GUYS!" Even though his vote and the ensuing wagon contributed to us getting out of RVS, I didn't see any town-motivation behind his actions and posts. And him asking for towncred looks like scum pleading the town not to lynch him.
I don't see you saying it helped us get out of RVS before. in fact you accused Venrob for making that claim
Brian Skies wrote:Also, I already had a vote on Ank. If he really wanted us out of RVS, he could have attacked me instead.
questioning Ank's actions implies you're suspicious of him. but I don't recall you ever being suspicious of Ank? in fact iirc you were townreading him. either way, I fail to see how him attacking Venrob was worse for getting out of RVS then attacking you, especially when he at least had some points for Venrob... this whole thing makes no sense 0.0

2 AM so something might be off. anyway all these flip flops seem really weird..
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Pieguy: I feel like it's easier if I just answered it all at once than trying to make a wall or whatever.

1) It was terrible wording, but what I meant to say at this point was I didn't understand why Sakura was getting bandwagoned (I realized my mistake immediately after I posted, but just decided to ignore it). I didn't like the reason Ald jumped on her (lack of commitment) and I still don't. It just looks like a terrible reason to sheep VA. Ald had already found a stupid reason to jump on the Venrob wagon before this. Also, some things got jumbled, I already sorted it out.

2) I don't believe I ever said I had a stance about RVS before I attacked Venrob. The problem I have is that Venrob is trying to use his vote as a reason to give himself towncred (something along the lines of he intentionally did it to get us out of RVS). But from his reactions, I don't see it. Ank's self-vote was the direct cause of us getting out of RVS and I already had a vote on Ank's self-vote. If he wanted to get out of RVS, Venrob could have (and should have) just attacked me. Instead, his vote on Ank just looks like an opportunistic and easy way onto the wagon (which was why I immediately voted him).

3) I'm suspicious of Ank (and everybody else, for that matter), but I never had a scumread on him. And the last quote is referring to Venrob, not Ank. This is my fault again for not using pronouns correctly.

I hope this clears things up. I'll answer any other questions you have when I wake up.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:50 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Prodding JacobSavage, but giving him 72 hours to post due to the recent server snafu.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:07 am

Post by JacobSavage »

sup, had a post.

Will get to this tonight.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:36 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 210, pieguyn wrote:wow you're trying really hard to accuse me aren't you
The same could be said about you. If you're town then the contradiction you pointed out is null, otherwise it's more probable we're both scum, which one is it then?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:05 am

Post by pieguyn »

nope. You said you knew something and then said you didn't know the same thing. I had an opinion and changed it after a post someone made. You can't have an "opinion" about knowing something or not, you just know it or don't know it. :>
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 219, pieguyn wrote:I had an opinion and changed it after a post someone made.
I would believe this if you didnt contradict yourself in the very same post.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:03 am

Post by pieguyn »

read my post plz
In post 215, Brian Skies wrote:2) I don't believe I ever said I had a stance about RVS before I attacked Venrob. The problem I have is that Venrob is trying to use his vote as a reason to give himself towncred (something along the lines of he intentionally did it to get us out of RVS). But from his reactions, I don't see it. Ank's self-vote was the direct cause of us getting out of RVS and I already had a vote on Ank's self-vote. If he wanted to get out of RVS, Venrob could have (and should have) just attacked me. Instead, his vote on Ank just looks like an opportunistic and easy way onto the wagon (which was why I immediately voted him).
what I meant was you claim Ank's self-vote was the direct cause of us getting out of RVS, then
Brian Skies wrote:What's petty? The guy gets attacked and the best thing he could come up with was "OMG WE'RE OUT OF RVS, TOWNREAD ME GUYS!" Even though his vote and the ensuing wagon contributed to us getting out of RVS, I didn't see any town-motivation behind his actions and posts. And him asking for towncred looks like scum pleading the town not to lynch him.
Venrob helped?

in fact I think focusing too much on "who got us out of RVS" is pretty much pointless. it's so ambiguous and sometimes there's a lot of things that go into it, plus scum can easily help too. = =

@1: still, you didn't understand why she was being wagoned, but then you said I was making a good case on her. can you explain that plz? mb I just missed it cause I just woke up @_@

@3: now that Venrob made a post explaining how he plays, what's your idea on how he acted?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:27 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

My point being that town can cotradict themselves too, so your point is null (unless you're scum then it makes sense for you to think that way), anyway i think my vote is gonna head in this direction now
Unvote
Vote: DoctorEagle
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 221, pieguyn wrote:read my post plz
In post 215, Brian Skies wrote:2) I don't believe I ever said I had a stance about RVS before I attacked Venrob. The problem I have is that Venrob is trying to use his vote as a reason to give himself towncred (something along the lines of he intentionally did it to get us out of RVS). But from his reactions, I don't see it. Ank's self-vote was the direct cause of us getting out of RVS and I already had a vote on Ank's self-vote. If he wanted to get out of RVS, Venrob could have (and should have) just attacked me. Instead, his vote on Ank just looks like an opportunistic and easy way onto the wagon (which was why I immediately voted him).
what I meant was you claim Ank's self-vote was the direct cause of us getting out of RVS, then
Venrob helped?

in fact I think focusing too much on "who got us out of RVS" is pretty much pointless. it's so ambiguous and sometimes there's a lot of things that go into it, plus scum can easily help too. = =

@1: still, you didn't understand why she was being wagoned, but then you said I was making a good case on her. can you explain that plz? mb I just missed it cause I just woke up @_@

@3: now that Venrob made a post explaining how he plays, what's your idea on how he acted?
I never said Venrob helped. In order for me to give Venrob towncred for pushing us out of RVS, I have to be convinced that he made his vote intentionally with that in mind. From his posts and reactions, I don't see it.

@1: So in the four hours between the two posts (assuming you mean Post 163), I can't go back, re-read, and try to make sense of it on my own? Also, I don't remember ever saying you were making a good case on her. If you are referring to the bottom of Post 163, I was saying that I was townreading you. And I did say in Post 161 that I was trying to catch-up.

@3: He seems quite intelligent and I feel like I can treat him like any other player. But I don't like the appeal to emotion. The other points he brought up were good regarding the set-up but I don't know why he bothered bringing it up. Speculation doesn't really help us at this point. His defense thus far has been weak and he hasn't done much to convince me he's town.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about Venrob.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Brian Skies wrote:@1: So in the four hours between the two posts (assuming you mean Post 163), I can't go back, re-read, and try to make sense of it on my own? Also, I don't remember ever saying you were making a good case on her. If you are referring to the bottom of Post 163, I was saying that I was townreading you. And I did say in Post 161 that I was trying to catch-up.
ok, I see www
anyway, what's your opinion on Sakura? especially the contradiction I pointed in my post
In post 222, Sakura Hana wrote:My point being that town can cotradict themselves too, so your point is null (unless you're scum then it makes sense for you to think that way), anyway i think my vote is gonna head in this direction now
Unvote
Vote: DoctorEagle
I didn't contradict myself. you on the other hand did
Brian Skies wrote:Even though his vote and the ensuing wagon contributed to us getting out of RVS
I was referring to that @_@ I thought this was saying Venrob voting Ank led to the wagon which in part got out of RVS. without him voting Ank, this wouldn't have happened
Brian Skies wrote:If he wanted to get out of RVS, Venrob could have (and should have) just attacked me. Instead, his vote on Ank just looks like an opportunistic and easy way onto the wagon (which was why I immediately voted him).
why didn't you pressure him farther then? you could have easily asked something like "why did you attack him and not me"..

Venrob is leaning town for me cause I like how he just straight up said "this is how I play" etc., and everything he's done so far seems to match that. in fact I said this already 0.0

Return to “Completed Open Games”