N's Notably Narcissistic Nonsensical Namesake (game over)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote: PeaceBringer

Reason shall be disclosed later.

/buddyofSleepyKrew
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 40, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 30, DeasVail wrote:
Vote: PeaceBringer

Reason shall be disclosed later.

/buddyofSleepyKrew
you do not need a reason... feel free to vote me without pretend reasons why
I like your attitude, but why do you think we would have a better idea than Sleepy Krew of whether it's best to specify his role?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 41, PeaceBringer wrote:we need to know what the "negative utility" is because he/she/it boldy proclaimed having it...
You did actually say it.

I think you are trying to follow the status quo in regard to SleepyKrew, but unlike others, you are trying very hard to rationalize it. The problem though, is that I don't believe you have any good reason to think that SleepyKrew should be run up to a claim (apart from the fact that it's what others are doing) and I don't think there is any good reason for it at all.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

I have quite a significant scumread on PeaceBringer now.

At first, PeaceBringer is wondering why people are voting for SleepyKrew. It is quite strongly suggested by his posts that he didn't understand why himself. However, he then decides that a negative utility claim needs pressure, and it's quite clear that this belief has been influenced by the votes of others. If he already believed before this game that negative utility claims need pressure, than he would have understood the pressure on SleepyKrew without needing to ask for it. So, I am pretty sure that he didn't. Then, when one of the original SleepyKrew voters reveals that there is actually no good reason to make SleepyKrew claim, PeaceBringer stands strong in his belief that negative utility claims need pressure.

This was very likely not a belief of his before, so how did it become so strong? I think that this is because he was scum under the impression that this is what the townies were doing (when it wasn't) and after having justified his vote on the SleepyKrew wagon in such a way, he couldn't suddenly decide as scum that negative utility claims don't need pressure after all.

Neroandmollie is not a bad vote either.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 87, Rail Tracer wrote:
dv wrote:I think that this is because he was scum under the impression that this is what the townies were doing
i'm reading it as a playstyle thing more than an alignment thing. and when i read it this way, his posts make sense as town (just misguided).
Hmm, I'm worried you may be right about that, but I can't really get over how he continued to stand by SKrew needing to be pressured after it was revealed that no one was really interested in that.
In post 88, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:
In post 86, DeasVail wrote:Neroandmollie is not a bad vote either.
*blinks*

I think I got mixed up and joined a newbie game.
:]
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:08 am

Post by DeasVail »

Neroandmollie, what is so town about you so far?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 93, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:
In post 91, DeasVail wrote:Neroandmollie, what is so town about you so far?
the mod told us we were town.

+

we are attacking your biggest scumread so its really nonsensical that you'd have scumreads on us both. Its maybe some potential hedging on your part.

Explain why you even have a scum read on us.
So, you yourself can't even think of a good reason to read you as town, but at the mention of you not being a bad vote, you accuse me of being a newbie?

Before, I thought that your scumhunting was superficial and that you didn't really look very town. Now, I think that you're faking a 'town' attitude because for some reason you think it's ridiculous for anyone to not think you're town when you don't even know why they should.

~~

Rail Tracer, but he didn't think anything of SKrew claiming it when he first read it, which is where my problem lies.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 101, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:
In post 97, DeasVail wrote:So, you yourself can't even think of a good reason to read you as town, but at the mention of you not being a bad vote, you accuse me of being a newbie?

Before, I thought that your scumhunting was superficial and that you didn't really look very town
Well, I have a tendency to not scum read the folks that are attacking my scumreads. So when you called us scummy I floored and shocked. I was "WTF?!? I'm scumreading his scumread and he's hedging his bets?"

And now you're claiming that I'm faking a
TOWN
attitude
SCUMHUNTING
I'm not going to assume that PeaceBringer is scum before a scumslip. If I think someone else is scummy too, I'll say so, regardless of how well I think you work together. I feel that multiball is reasonably likely here anyway.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

*scumflip
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 104, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:
In post 102, DeasVail wrote:I feel that multiball is reasonably likely here anyway.
In a 17 player game? Hello cereal killah.
So I could understand being accused of thinking it's multiball because I'm part of one of the groups or whatever, but as much as I wish I was a cereal killah, I don't understand how it makes sense of me to think that it's multiball as one.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I have a feeling I'm going after the wrong targets.

If someone with a townread on neroandmollie could explain why, that would be great.

Vote: Katsuki
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 173, Viera Assassin wrote:The person suggesting multiball is likely the Serial Killer.
Why have you not taken the two seconds to figure out who it is?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

Hi. :)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't really think much of the last few pages. I don't really know how to explain my vote on Katsuki very well. I guess I feel that it's all put on.

I would probably
FoS: Viera
too for not really caring who mentioned multiball, but then voting me for it after I called her out.

BBmolla gives me a similar vibe to Katsuki, but I'm more willing to wait on him.

There are lots of people that haven't left much of an impression on me too.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't really know what to think of it rail. BBmolla's behaviour regarding SKrew has just been strange to me, but I can't decide whether it's actually scummy or not.

SKrew, I don't think it's that unlikely that you'd wait a bit to contact your hydra partner about a game.

This argument about me thinking it's multiball is silly.

Nacho, I've seen Nero play, but I wouldn't say I feel confident reading him.

You're voting for me? What is this?

If you're still somehow town, we can win this game together. You just have to trust me. ;)

Katsuki is still fine for scum. PeaceBringer and Rail Tracer both bring up good points.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 330, SleepyKrew wrote:Hello my brain is broken why is Katsuki scum
PeaceBringer thinks his matches more with Katsuki-scum than Katsuki-town. I haven't looked into his meta completely, but I also feel that he's just fake and I was a scumbuddy of his before and he matches up with what I'd expect him to do as scum. I think seems to be a big deal for people too.
In post 331, Nani wrote:Why isn't Peace Bringer dead yet?

He voted a player who he thought he was town after he was pressured to make a stance, how obvious this can be?
I think that PeaceBringer has been pretty town despite also thinking that he was scum at the beginning. I think scum are more likely to pretend that they think who they're voting for is scum to be honest.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 am

Post by DeasVail »

Katsuki's replace out is pretty null imo.

Ooba, please explain .

is probably scummy. The town thought process is, "Hmm! This loser is attacking me for something that 5 other people did! Something dodgy is up here!', while mnemonic's is essentially, "No!! Don't attack me! 5 other people did what I did, so please read me as town!!!!' Well that's what he's barely managing to restrain himself from saying anyway. I could see myself voting that.

Andy, at the moment I get the feeling that your Katsuki read is an attempt to go against the trend rather than actually being genuine. And before someone asks, this is quite independent of Katsuki's alignment.

Nacho, I obviously think PB is town now, so I was most likely not right, but I don't think there were any big problems with the accusation that I made at the time. I really don't know why you're using as an example of town-me either. First, I think it was fairly apparent that I thought PB was town before that post, and it's just a pretty standard post for me to make as either alignment about someone I 'read' as town, which I feel you should know? Pet theory here is that you're looking for an excuse to townread me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Hopefully mnemonic finds it equally ridiculous then.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 439, theloveofneroandmollie wrote:
In post 434, DeasVail wrote:Andy, at the moment I get the feeling that your Katsuki read is an attempt to go against the trend rather than actually being genuine. And before someone asks, this is quite independent of Katsuki's alignment.
Well the confidence in his Katsuki townread doesn't match all that well with his reasoning, given the high level of suspicion against Katsuki. I can think of town reasons for this (else I'd be tunneling them), but I can think of scum reasons too.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Luna, you don't need an excuse to townread me, but it feels like you felt like townreading me so picked out that post instead of the other way around.

Mnemonic, I love people reading me as town, but I think Nacho is pretty good at reading me, so if he's beginning to townread me for something that I'm pretty sure is not relevant to my alignment, then I'm going to find it suspicious. I'm not amazingly confident of this, and there's even the chance that Nacho knows how to read me better than I do, but it is something on my mind.

PV, why would you ask about the suspicion of Katsuki over well, anything else you could ask?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:15 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 517, BBmolla wrote:Really sorry to hear that N, best of wishes to you.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Neromollie, I'm not going to explain why I think it could be multiball. If you want to think I'm scum for it, fine, but I am town.

I'm still pretty happy voting PV and don't really have much else to say.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Luna, I'm a bit confused as to why I'm on your nice list, but anyway:

was where I decided that PeaceBringer was just too town for me to pursue my scumread. I was less sure of neromollie (but suspected that I was going after town there too), hence asking for reasoning for a townread because I think there were a couple of people townreading them at the time.

My suspicion was based on PeaceBringer as scum thinking that the SleepyKrew votes were serious and trying to fit in, basically thinking that the townies were seeing something in SK's post so he should too. The reason I thought this was less likely to be a town reaction to the wagon was because it took him a while to actually react to the negative utility claim, which I felt didn't mesh with his strong stance later on when no one was actually very interested in running SKrew up.

I think it was the status quo because almost everyone was voting for SleepyKrew at the stage that PeaceBringer started going on about how SKrew should be run up. Obviously PeaceBringer-scum is not going to
say
he's doing it because everyone else is.

But I don't think PeaceBringer is scum so this should show just how much I want your heart to beat for me... :cry:

Also, is it a bad thing that I still think you could be scum?

Ignoring that though, what do you think of PV's replace-in alignment-wise? Obviously the lack of content so far is not very relevant, but I kind of expected more of a response to the suspicion of him, or some emotion or something like that. Eh, maybe I'm hoping for too much.

Oh, and is there a reason for your townread on Ooba?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think Nani is town, or at the very least, a bad lynch for today.

Take a look at Nani-scum and compare it to Nani here.

I'm usually really bad at using meta, but it seems fairly clear to me that there is just a lot more effort put into looking town in the scum game.

~~

Luna, why is dopog scum? I don't have a townread on him, but I can't find anything very scummy about him either.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this.
\
In post 569, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 560, DeasVail wrote:My suspicion was based on PeaceBringer as scum thinking that the SleepyKrew votes were serious and trying to fit in, basically thinking that the townies were seeing something in SK's post so he should too. The reason I thought this was less likely to be a town reaction to the wagon was because it took him a while to actually react to the negative utility claim, which I felt didn't mesh with his strong stance later on when no one was actually very interested in running SKrew up.
so your suspicion was essentially based on thinking I am a clues noob, not someone who has been playing one form of the game or another for about a decade?
Kind of, but I think you're town now, so it's ok!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Post by DeasVail »

You still haven't explained what you meant.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by DeasVail »

uhhh...?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:18 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so I'm really stuck for scumreads and PV is V/LA, which makes me not so happy with voting for him since I do kind of want to hear more from him before lynching him.

What about this?

Unvote: PeregrineV
Vote: Viera Assassing

She was kind of scummy anyway (which isn't too bad since there isn't really anyone I feel excited about lynching), and if we lynch then it's one less replacement for the mods to find.

I'd be quite willing to go back to the PV wagon if that's needed though.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Rail Tracer, it's not like we're that low on time. Flashwagons do happen, so I don't think it's a terrible idea to try a new one 4-5 days before deadline.

Also, your posts about vigging Dante are pretty disappointing.

Unvote: Viera Assassin
Vote: PeregrineV
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah, that's fair enough. I think Dante is kind of cool though. :)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Dopog is an ok lynch, but there's nothing exciting there for me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 687, PeaceBringer wrote:that kind of claim is spurious and cuts out the town from further evaluation. It is bad precendence to let anyone off on "comfirable power role." Period.
I think it's fine actually.
In post 690, Shadowy Poison wrote:Yeah you'd much rather votepark on someone getting replaced. I look forward to your analysis of Mitillos' replace in.
:] You can't complain about both me voteparking and moving my vote. It doesn't work that way.

It's a good post, but it could easily be from scum.

Unvote: PeregrineV
Vote: dopog

The people asking for more are silly.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

Des, I was referring to your comment on my change of vote to VA and the post that I quoted about voteparking. It's not a big deal though.

Ooba, I think PV is pretty obviously not the right lynch today (unless you have a really strong scumread on him, which I don't think anyone really does except maybe PeaceBringer?), so I'm not sure why you'd want me to want to lynch him. My read on PeregrineV right now is also more helpful to the scum than it is to the town so I'm not going to be commenting on that either.

You're also ignoring that:

1) The Viera wagon didn't work
2) Part of the reason for it was to save the mods finding a replacement for a scummy slot
3) There is nothing in my posts to indicate that there is someone I would want to lynch more than dopog
4) Part of my justification for the change of vote was still having a lot of time before the end of the day.

Someone's not really paying attention to my posts. Why not?

Part of the reason I said it was silly is because he's already locking himself down enough. It's more useful to the scum for him to claim further. Also, he's not even at L-1 and claimed out of his own initiative.

Diabolik, I'm not going to lynch someone who I think is more town just because the one I'm currently voting for is not around to claim. First, his V/LA ended on Monday (I'm pretty sure he's Australian too) and also, someone who has explicitly claimed to be a confirmable town PR is a much worse lynch than someone who hasn't claimed anything. Are you suggesting that optimal scum strategy is just to lurk for the last few days of each day?

Again, dopog's V/LA is over.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:01 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 759, DeasVail wrote:3) There is nothing in my posts to indicate that there is someone I would want to lynch more than dopog
Sorry, this is not true, but the others are.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:14 am

Post by DeasVail »

Townreads (note that some are weak):

Dante
Shadowy Poison
Rail Tracer
PeaceBringer
Nani
MuM
Diabolik

Read pending, but not interested in lynching right now:

Luna Lovegood
Ooba (I remember something about Ooba reading someone as town for sharing his thought process, but I've done that as scum so I'm not too comfortable using it)
PeregrineV
Nitillos (Probably the closest to going into my townpile after a reread, but I'm not sure)
BBmolla

Thinking of lynching:

mnemonicdevice
RadiantCowbells

Hmm, that's actually a pretty small list. Oh well.

I'm not too convinced about either of them, with RC in particular being a bit less safe than how I usually like my scumreads, but I think RC is particularly scummy for his lack of attempt to actually stop the dopog wagon () and the instructions for the event of dopog's scumflip in give me the impression that RC thinks dopog will flip town (the lynch molla thing is really extreme and I suspect it would only be said by RC thinking dopog would flip town). If RC wants to explain any of this, then I'd be eager to hear it.

Vote: RadiantCowbells

PEdit: I think I understand how you feel Luna, but I think there are just better targets for today.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:14 am

Post by DeasVail »

ugh *Mitillos
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 815, Shadowy Poison wrote:
In post 805, DeasVail wrote:Townreads (note that some are weak):

Shadowy Poison
When did this happen
Sometime during Day 1.
In post 818, Rail Tracer wrote:
dv wrote:Townreads (note that some are weak):

Dante
Shadowy Poison
Rail Tracer
PeaceBringer
Nani
MuM
Diabolik
this is mostly in line with my current reads. except add ooba to that list and replace my name with yours.
Awesome. I will probably end up fine with Ooba being a townread. I'm just more picky with experienced players. (I so wish I read you as town Luna :( )
In post 819, Diabolik wrote: @DV Ooba is bov town, dont' be silly.
This seems awfully unnecessary for someone hesitant to reveal their townreads.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 823, Diabolik wrote:
In post 820, DeasVail wrote: This seems awfully unnecessary for someone hesitant to reveal their townreads.
what? my town reads are well known.. you know the meaning of sarcasm?
Fair enough. You seemed to have more townreads than 3 (both MuM and Ooba seemed to be strong townreads from Day 1 for you), but it doesn't matter.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (isolation #38) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 851, BBmolla wrote:I'm a naive cop with a guilty on RadiantCowbell, so she should be fairly confirmed town unless anyone claims to have framed her.
:?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:50 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 830, RadiantCowbells wrote:I got a guilty on Peacebringer last night >:(
Can you clarify the truthfulness of this? I mean, your lack of vote makes me struggle to take this seriously, but others seem to think it possible you're serious.

I'm thinking of having PV fullclaim, especially since it's unlikely we'll ever be able to confirm him. What do you all think?

BBmolla, tell me to stop asking questions and I will, but otherwise I am confused.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 857, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 851, BBmolla wrote:I'm a naive cop with a guilty on RadiantCowbell, so she should be fairly confirmed town unless anyone claims to have framed her.
In post 854, BBmolla wrote:I guess there could be a Sanity Switcher that gives me an alternate result or some bullshit.
Naive means always gets innocent regardless of actual alignment.

How can you, as a naive cop, get a guilty at all?
Well, now that it's out, this is what my problem has been.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 862, BBmolla wrote:It says my result will always be innocent.

But I have a guilty on RadiantCowbells.

@mod: If a framer framed someone, and a naive cop investigated that player, what would happen?
To be honest, I thought it might have been some weird gambit.

In that case, my best explanation currently is that you were targeted by neroandmollie and are now a sane cop (especially since we've already had a framer flip and more than one framer in a setup is a bit.. :neutral: ). This might be wishful thinking on my part, but in my opinion RadiantCowbells is scummy anyway, so let's just lynch him?

PEdit: Aw, beaten to it.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Also, just so you all know, I'm pretty sure my role is useless, but apart from that it doesn't have anything negative to it.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 868, Diabolik wrote:more the fact radiant claims cop?
I'm taking this seriously for now, but it's not too important.

I also think there's a decent chance that BBmolla wouldn't be informed, but I'm not sure.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

*I'm not taking this seriously
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Oh, my bad. I missed that. Yeah, that isn't possible then.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don't think speculation as to who they normalized matters all that much at this point.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Well, whoever was normalized either knows they are, or had a normal role to begin with. Now that it isn't a viable explanation for BBmolla's strange claim, I don't think it's something that really needs to be thought about now.

As for BBmolla's claim, either he's lying or there's some weird role elsewhere that explains the result. I'm willing to believe either at this stage.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Post by DeasVail »

/shrug

My role has one component.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 am

Post by DeasVail »

RC has been around but hasn't posted, even though there is obviously stuff he can and should clarify.

RC is in no way town because of BBmolla's claim. The guilty is either BBmolla's mistake, or the influence of some other role.

The thing is though, I'm pretty sure BBmolla's played on EM a fair bit (I could be wrong though) and I think anyone from there would be quite familiar with the different kinds of cop, but again, I don't know.

Ooba, you're missing the fact that RC's guilty doesn't look serious. 'Why would he claim?' is a fair enough question though, and I'd be keen to see his rationale.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 908, BBmolla wrote:
In post 902, DeasVail wrote:The thing is though, I'm pretty sure BBmolla's played on EM a fair bit (I could be wrong though) and I think anyone from there would be quite familiar with the different kinds of cop, but again, I don't know.
Yeah, I have, I'm honestly not sure if even on EM cop sanity goes above framer though.

I'm not stupid guys, I just forgot I was naive and assumed I was paranoid because of the guilty result. That's where you're getting the lapse in logic.
I don't have time to check, but I thought you said you were naive when you first posted the result, so this doesn't sound too believable.
In post 909, BBmolla wrote:Oh

Well this is awkward

It was a mod error

>_>
Can you explain?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:36 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think that there are townreads on RC where there shouldn't be.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by DeasVail »

BBmolla, how has RC's neighbourhood posting compared with his thread posting?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (isolation #53) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 986, mnemonicdevice wrote:VOTE: Peregrine

Anything town about him?
Is there anything town about you?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I need more.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (isolation #55) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 993, mnemonicdevice wrote:Yup. I'm town. More town then you in fact. because I know for certain that I am town
What I am asking is, look at yourself from an outside perspective (without the knowledge that you are town). Is there anything more town about you than there is about PV?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm weirded out by everything right now to be honest.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (isolation #57) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

Post by DeasVail »

Unvote: RadiantCowbells
Vote: Luna Lovegood
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (isolation #58) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I may just be incredibly optimistic, but I'm not going to vote for Mitillos yet.

Regarding Luna Lovegood, first, I feel that their/his play has just generally been less town than I'd expect. I also suspect that his push on BBmolla's reaction to the guilty is forced. I agree that there were some weird things there, but I don't think it's common practice to assume a mod error, even if given a confusing result (I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have), and given that naive cop (and knowing you're one) is pretty boring unless there's some sort of role interaction that can make it not so, I think that this game there is perhaps even more reason to not question the guilty. The main thing of late, however, is the push for N to publicly reveal whether or not a mod error occurred. It is pushier than I'd expect from Nacho, and I think it's just an attempt to look town where in fact it just doesn't really do anything for the town.

Mnemonic is fine as a wagon too, but I'm feeling like a meatier lynch right now. Maybe later I'll feel differently! Who knows?

PEdit: That's not going to get BBmolla lynched though. :(
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (isolation #59) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:07 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1033, Luna Lovegood wrote:You would assume a frame instead?
What do you think of Molla in general?
I would not assume a frame instead because I don't think there'd be both a town framer and a scum one, but you have my reaction to BBmolla's claim as evidence of what I would think. My first thought was the normalizer and if not that, then some other wacky role combination (which didn't seem too unlikely with this setup?), and it's not like I assumed that BBmolla would ask if it was a mod error or not either. BBmolla was one of my less town reads in the game before this, so I could see him being scum, but I don't think he's scummy from this naive cop thing. I think you are.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't know what to think anymore!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (isolation #61) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 am

Post by DeasVail »

Luna, why does mnemonic-scum post what he has in the last few RL days?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:28 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1092, Rail Tracer wrote:^what are you referring to there? you mean why does mnemonic-scum suggest lynching a player he thinks is town? because i can think... of perhaps a couple reasons... he might want to do that... as scum...
I can't think of any reason why scum would want people to know they're doing it.
In post 1093, Luna Lovegood wrote:
In post 1083, Majiffy wrote:Hey how do you think I found out (!) ?

Are you always this slow or are you just mimicking your persona and popping excessive amounts of Valium before you interact with others?
:(
I hoped if you saw my name then you would at least be like "Hi Nacho!" and not be such an asshole, but I hoped for too much.
In post 1091, DeasVail wrote:Luna, why does mnemonic-scum post what he has in the last few RL days?
There's something that could make him town, but there's only one thing. Do you think he looks townish?
When it comes down to content/frequency, I associate his posting with scum. He's just there, not ever trying to improve his townplay, but consistently active enough that he doesn't get replaced. If he wasn't under any pressure, I'd feel better about calling him scum, but if he's here and he's being wagoned as scum, why not at least try a little harder to look town? The post about lynching someone that's town in particular feels too 'I don't care what people think of me' to be scum. My townread (if you could call it that) isn't very strong at all though. I just feel he's the kind of wagon that could easily end up on town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (isolation #63) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

Actually, I probably don't have a townread at all. I'm just really confused by his play.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (isolation #64) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Can someone tell me why they don't want to lynch Luna? (Preferably more than one person, but my hopes aren't very high, so...)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (isolation #65) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah, I get what you mean (and let's face it, I'm probably going to end up voting for mnemonic), but when I can't think of a good reason for why town or scum would do something, usually the player in question ends up being town. Town does weird stuff sometimes.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (isolation #66) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote: Mnemonicdevice

I am surprisingly ok with this.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (isolation #67) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm here, it looks like a mnem lynch is happening so I'll say what I think of things Day 3. Scum, you can just wait terrified until then. ;)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I still don't have anything better than:

Vote: Luna Lovegood
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1262 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'll make a proper post tomorrow.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (isolation #70) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1246, Luna Lovegood wrote:What are your other thoughts?
I am very frustrated right now, because my role imo has a greater than 50% chance of being useless, but it could possibly be useful, and it is influencing my reads, so what I wish I could find out more than anything else is whether or not I can just treat my role as some lulzy gimmick that can be ignored.

Ironically you're the only lynch I'd feel comfortable going for right now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (isolation #71) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by DeasVail »

People I definitely don't want to lynch I guess:

Dante
Rail Tracer
PeaceBringer
Ooba
Kid A
RadiantCowbells
Majiffy
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Also, RC, can you give us any insight into why you are so quiet when it comes to explaining your BB read?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (isolation #73) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1285, BBmolla wrote:I'd sheep Luna, but the players in there are sort of disappointing me readwise so far.
Why not just lynch them then?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (isolation #74) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I could go for that, but it would take a fair bit of convincing.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1321 (isolation #75) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:33 am

Post by DeasVail »

Assuming that my role is useful (which it's probably not), Mitillos is not the best lynch.
In post 1030, DeasVail wrote:Regarding Luna Lovegood, first, I feel that their/his play has just generally been less town than I'd expect. I also suspect that his push on BBmolla's reaction to the guilty is forced. I agree that there were some weird things there, but I don't think it's common practice to assume a mod error, even if given a confusing result (I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have), and given that naive cop (and knowing you're one) is pretty boring unless there's some sort of role interaction that can make it not so, I think that this game there is perhaps even more reason to not question the guilty. The main thing of late, however, is the push for N to publicly reveal whether or not a mod error occurred. It is pushier than I'd expect from Nacho, and I think it's just an attempt to look town where in fact it just doesn't really do anything for the town.
This is why I want a Luna lynch.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (isolation #76) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

I will almost fullclaim. If you want me to completely fullclaim after this, just let me know.

I am an investigative role. I can target one person each night and find out whether or not they are a _____ (typically a scum faction). I've targeted both Mitillos and BBmolla and found that they are not. The problem is, I don't know if there are any _____'s in the game considering the other roles that are here, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's no point to me resisting a Mitillos lynch.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (isolation #77) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, that's probably what I needed to hear. My vote will probably be on Mitillos, but I want to read through him quickly before I do so, and this won't happen now.

Mitillos, you were someone who I thought could be scum that wasn't likely imo to be lynched incredibly soon. I didn't think too much about the N2 one because it was likely to me by then that I was useless, but it was just in case RC and BBmolla were some weird scum faction that corresponded to my role for some reason.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (isolation #78) » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Btw though, Luna > Mitillos even if my role is useless.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:37 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1356, ooba wrote:But DV, why did you claim? It's clear from your posting that even you aren't too convinced with your result on Mitilos. However, if you were a useful regular cop - don't you think you've played your hand too early??
Um, you were one of the people asking for more of a claim... (and I'm pretty sure my role is useless).

And yeah Luna, even though it really doesn't matter much in the end, I may as well leave that part out.

Mitillos is a fine lynch, but I still feel that Luna is better.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (isolation #80) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Kmd, why such a short post when Rail tracer is obviously not getting lynched the way things are going?

Shadowy, Luna is a scumread for me because he's generally been not very town this game, the push for N to reveal the modkill publicly was weird to me. I think it was more pushy than Nacho-town (who I've experienced to be fairly laid back when it comes to how mods run their games, feel free to offer contradictory evidence though) and probably more to look town than to achieve anything for the town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1385, Mitillos wrote:@DV: Isn't Nacho the one who never uses capitalisation? I was thinking that it was, in fact, Andrius that was asking for the mod to publicly say if there was a mod error or not.
That aside, I can't see that whole thing as anything other than a null-tell. Do you have anything other than the modpush? Because "not looking town" isn't really an explanation of why you are scumreading him.
Nacho uses capitalisation and I made the accusation a while ago and haven't been corrected on it, so we can safely assume that it was Nacho. I'm assuming that andrius is no longer posting due to implying he wasn't going to, and no announcement that he has returned, but that's irrelevant.

I've explained why it's not a null-tell to me, but it's ok if you disagree, just don't assume it is a null-tell. I think 'not looking town' is fine as a reason when Nacho usually looks far more town, and I'm reading everyone else as more than him, but no, I don't have anything else.

Rail, mitillos would be my second favourite lynch. I also think I made a list of townreads a little while back, so pretty much anyone outside of that is ok for lynching imo.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (isolation #82) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1396, ooba wrote:DV - my apologies if you missed that. Why did ya soft claim initially for Mitilos? (i.e. this bit - "Assuming that my role is useful (which it's probably not), Mitillos is not the best lynch.")
No particular reason.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (isolation #83) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

None of Luna, KMD, Mitillos are significant townreads for me, so I'm ok with where things are. I'd most like a Luna lynch, but the others seem ok too.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (isolation #84) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Unvote: Luna