NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5675 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Desperado »

Mastin's passive aggressive pokes are the best.

<<< Or worst. Depends on the receiver's opinion; there are some who are not appreciative of them, and not unjustifiably so. I'm still trying to find that balance. >>>

He claimed on what, D2? He's pretty clearly either scum or scum lynchbait. Either way they won't waste a NK on him or they would have already.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 5674, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5671, ThAdmiral wrote:how about this - if you help me lynch pv I'll actually try tomorrow.
you seem awfully confident you won't be nked
Why would scum bother when they can just keep blocking me and let you guys lynch me?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5493, ThAdmiral wrote:I shot hd last night. I was blocked again, obviously, but this time it didn't cost me one of my x-shots. So I guess I was blocked in a different way?
In post 5664, mastin2 wrote:By my interpretation, any X-shot role being roleblocked will not lose their shot, vigilantes included.

By my interpretation, a vigilante shooting at someone being protected expends their bullet.
thad = scum arguments officially make no fucking sense whatsoever
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Human Destroyer

ffullisade, with me!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 5664, mastin2 wrote:By my interpretation, any X-shot role being roleblocked will not lose their shot, vigilantes included.

By my interpretation, a vigilante shooting at someone being protected expends their bullet.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Baezu
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:53 am

In post 5661, Bulbazak wrote:Say that I haven't been asking about your thought process and motivation. I dare you.
You haven't been asking about my thought process and motivation.

Boom goes the fireworks.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:54 am

okay, I said that wrong, let me clarify it for you

and I'm only going to say this one more time because seriously the first time should have been enough

You are
not
asking for all my thought processes and motivation. You
are
asking for what I think your alignment is and thought processes are based around ThAd scum that influenced in your alignment...which I said there were none...3 times...and you kept insisting on asking the same question...right...
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:56 am

In post 5677, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5493, ThAdmiral wrote:I shot hd last night. I was blocked again, obviously, but this time it didn't cost me one of my x-shots. So I guess I was blocked in a different way?

thad = scum arguments officially make no fucking sense whatsoever
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:59 am

In post 5651, Baezu wrote:
In post 5642, penguin_alien wrote:Time out. You're right, this doesn't make sense. Three scenarios: A: ThAd is town, B: ThAd is scum on a team with a roleblocker, C: ThAd is scum on a team without a roleblocker.

A: Scum leaves ThAd free to shoot his target, as neither team apparently cares that he declared he was aiming for CTD. Never mind that this leaves him having confirmed himself. Still, not sure why scum wouldn't kill him before he could go for any of their own people if they were letting him shoot with the hopes that he'd eliminate CTD for them. B: ThAd knows that his team will block Rena. He hopes to 1v1 her on the blocking issue. C: ThAd expects one of the claimed PRs to be dead by Day Four and be able to claim that he was the target of a block if he survives.

What does make me uneasy is that I was questioning all this Day Four, albeit thinking that Rena was opportunistic scum. Yet no one jumped on it, even though last night's kill demonstrates that at least one scum team wanted her dead in the end. It seems like scum could be trying to get us to lynch ThAd for them, like they seem to have tried with Rena.
This, coupled with the fact that ThaD just voted for PV, simply because I asked him to:
In post 5610, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5553, Baezu wrote:C'mon guys

Get towncred

Jump on the PV wagon

All aboard!
Alright

vote: pv

In post 5584, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5567, CrashTextDummie wrote:Pretty terrible post. We've firmly established that there's a scum roleblocker.
So wait.

Not only did they block ThAd every night, they somehow managed to

a) know he was a vig before he claimed it (didn't he claim like Day 3 or something? I could be wrong on this)
b) roleblock Rena at the same time for, at the very least, Night 3
I chose not to shoot nights 1 and 2 you dullard.
In post 5586, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5585, Human Destroyer wrote:"ThAd is town because there is a scum roleblocker" isn't an argument.

Especially when someone else has claimed roleblocked on the same night as them.
yeah

and I told him I wanted to talk to him and he never responded

VOTE: thadVOTE:
Well you could have, you know, asked me a question or something.
As well as this most recent reason for why pv over ctd:
In post 5637, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5633, penguin_alien wrote:So why PV over CTD?
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyway. From my perspective at least.

Why pv over ctd? Because he is more likely of the two to be lynched right now.
Confirms in my mind that ThaD is scum.

VOTE: Thad
+
In post 5673, Baezu wrote:
In post 5671, ThAdmiral wrote:how about this - if you help me lynch pv I'll actually try tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing that!

VOTE: PV
=

Baezu is scum.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 am

In post 5661, Bulbazak wrote:Either way, I think both instances show that I definitely wasn't obv. town.
except I thought you were in both those games

you can argue it took me a while in bad apples but I still didn't need to investigate you to figure it out

voided it's pretty hard to argue that I was calling you obv-town all game, even if you don't remember me defending you all game

(this is the last of the posting flurry I think)
Are you ready for this?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 5683, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5651, Baezu wrote:
In post 5642, penguin_alien wrote:Time out. You're right, this doesn't make sense. Three scenarios: A: ThAd is town, B: ThAd is scum on a team with a roleblocker, C: ThAd is scum on a team without a roleblocker.

A: Scum leaves ThAd free to shoot his target, as neither team apparently cares that he declared he was aiming for CTD. Never mind that this leaves him having confirmed himself. Still, not sure why scum wouldn't kill him before he could go for any of their own people if they were letting him shoot with the hopes that he'd eliminate CTD for them. B: ThAd knows that his team will block Rena. He hopes to 1v1 her on the blocking issue. C: ThAd expects one of the claimed PRs to be dead by Day Four and be able to claim that he was the target of a block if he survives.

What does make me uneasy is that I was questioning all this Day Four, albeit thinking that Rena was opportunistic scum. Yet no one jumped on it, even though last night's kill demonstrates that at least one scum team wanted her dead in the end. It seems like scum could be trying to get us to lynch ThAd for them, like they seem to have tried with Rena.
This, coupled with the fact that ThaD just voted for PV, simply because I asked him to:
In post 5610, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5553, Baezu wrote:C'mon guys

Get towncred

Jump on the PV wagon

All aboard!
Alright

vote: pv

In post 5584, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5567, CrashTextDummie wrote:Pretty terrible post. We've firmly established that there's a scum roleblocker.
So wait.

Not only did they block ThAd every night, they somehow managed to

a) know he was a vig before he claimed it (didn't he claim like Day 3 or something? I could be wrong on this)
b) roleblock Rena at the same time for, at the very least, Night 3
I chose not to shoot nights 1 and 2 you dullard.
In post 5586, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5585, Human Destroyer wrote:"ThAd is town because there is a scum roleblocker" isn't an argument.

Especially when someone else has claimed roleblocked on the same night as them.
yeah

and I told him I wanted to talk to him and he never responded

VOTE: thadVOTE:
Well you could have, you know, asked me a question or something.
As well as this most recent reason for why pv over ctd:
In post 5637, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5633, penguin_alien wrote:So why PV over CTD?
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyway. From my perspective at least.

Why pv over ctd? Because he is more likely of the two to be lynched right now.
Confirms in my mind that ThaD is scum.

VOTE: Thad
+
In post 5673, Baezu wrote:
Looking forward to seeing that!

VOTE: PV
=

Baezu is scum.
This is your fucking argument? It's total shit. wtf? At least if you want us to think you're town you could try a little harder...
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5681, Human Destroyer wrote:okay, I said that wrong, let me clarify it for you

and I'm only going to say this one more time because seriously the first time should have been enough

You are
not
are
asking for what I think your alignment is and thought processes are based around ThAd scum that influenced in your alignment...which I said there were none...3 times...and you kept insisting on asking the same question...right...
I asked about my relationship in regards to your ThAd read twice. Overall, I've been focused on trying to understand your lines of reasoning. This is the backbone of EVERYTHING I ask. When you sheeped Nero's line of reasoning, I questioned you on the validity of said reasoning, to which you didn't respond. I've since tried to get you to shed light on why X or Y is scum or why X is more likely to be scum over Y, essentially, your entire line of thought. If you think X and Y are scum, I want to know WHY you think they are scum and how/if they are connected. The same goes for WHY X is more likely to be scum over Y and vice versa. You haven't been providing any of that, which is alarming, since you tend to be a bit more logical as town. You are essentially trying to skate by in this game and avoid any line of questioning related to your thought process and motivation. To be perfectly honest, I could care less WHO you think is scum. I'm more interested in WHY you think they are scum, as that is the easiest way to judge your intentions and motivations.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5669, ThAdmiral wrote:Ok I'll make it simple for everyone. Pv or me.

Either way I win because I am getting to the point where I don't care about this game any more.
So, scumhunting in thread is zero.

Scumhunting in QT is zero.

Effective vig shots taken is zero.

Actual scumreads is zero.

Fucks given is zero.

You win, I'll lynch you.

Vote: ThAd
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 am

In post 5685, Baezu wrote:This is your fucking argument? It's total shit. wtf? At least if you want us to think you're town you could try a little harder...
wow overreaction much?

I just pointed out two posts that contradict each other on a very basic level. If you want to say it's shit, at least explain why it's shit.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:13 am

In post 5686, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 5681, Human Destroyer wrote:okay, I said that wrong, let me clarify it for you

You are
not
are
I asked about my relationship in regards to your ThAd read twice. Overall, I've been focused on trying to understand your lines of reasoning. This is the backbone of EVERYTHING I ask.
When you sheeped Nero's line of reasoning, I questioned you on the validity of said reasoning, to which you didn't respond.
I've since tried to get you to shed light on why X or Y is scum or why X is more likely to be scum over Y, essentially, your entire line of thought. If you think X and Y are scum, I want to know WHY you think they are scum and how/if they are connected. The same goes for WHY X is more likely to be scum over Y and vice versa. You haven't been providing any of that, which is alarming, since you tend to be a bit more logical as town. You are essentially trying to skate by in this game and avoid any line of questioning related to your thought process and motivation. To be perfectly honest, I could care less WHO you think is scum. I'm more interested in WHY you think they are scum, as that is the easiest way to judge your intentions and motivations.
Bolded: what reasoning and where

The rest: You have not asked me why I think people are scum. I do find it quite interesting that you ignored my post on Page...226 I think? explaining exactly who I think is scum and why though.
Are you ready for this?
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 am

Post by ffullisade »

@ mod: the pirate mollie half of this hydra is /out. fery may want to continue.

<<< :cry: I hope you're okay. Noted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5690, ffullisade wrote:
@ mod: the pirate mollie half of this hydra is /out. fery may want to continue.
:(
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In the first of those games Baezu is kind of scummy, in the second one she's pretty clearly town. In the scum game, the most noticeable distinction for me is the lazy scumhunting slash lack thereof. Still, in none of those three games was she as scummy as she's been in this one, so I don't exactly know what to make of it. She's trying harder than in that scum game, but also constantly contradicting herself and making some terrible points, which it didn't seem like was going on in any of those games (though admittedly I just iso'd her).

5685 is reminiscent of a particular post in the second town game, but first of all her meta was already brought up, and more importantly the only thing wrong with HD's argument is that there's more he could have added to it, and it deserves a better response than "lolwtf". Whereas the post she was responding to in that town game was in fact rather bad.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5692, Cephrir wrote:In the first of those games Baezu is kind of scummy, in the second one she's pretty clearly town. In the scum game, the most noticeable distinction for me is the lazy scumhunting slash lack thereof. Still, in none of those three games was she as scummy as she's been in this one, so I don't exactly know what to make of it. She's trying harder than in that scum game, but also constantly contradicting herself and making some terrible points, which it didn't seem like was going on in any of those games (though admittedly I just iso'd her).

5685 is reminiscent of a particular post in the second town game, but first of all her meta was already brought up, and more importantly the only thing wrong with HD's argument is that there's more he could have added to it, and it deserves a better response than "lolwtf". Whereas the post she was responding to in that town game was in fact rather bad.
In both of her town games, she looked unsure, hesitant, and kinda looking around for a direction to take. In her scum game she looked more confident. Compare the cases she made in her scum game to her cases in her town game. And to here.

The obscuring factor is that she came into a slot that was being reasonably well town-read due to her predecessor. That started falling apart and her play got more hesitant. Look at her iso and see where the hesitance got better and have a look at the surrounding context.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5678, Nachomamma8 wrote:

ffullisade, with me!
Huzzah!

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 5646, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5645, Cephrir wrote:I've been reading PV as null-scum most of the game and CTD as town the entire game, is why. Though the latter read is admittedly falling off for me.

ffull, I know about the Bacde thing, I was with you all the way. I've been calling him obvtown the whole game. But there's always room to be wrong about town reads in this game and Baezu scumming the everloving hell out of that slot needs to be taken into consideration. Bacde is the only reason I'm not voting her right now and/or sobbing about the town not being able to see blatant scum right in front of their faces, 'cause honestly I'm not sure she could possibly sound scummier.

There are not two more scum neighbors and anyone suggesting this should be shot.
Baezu's completed MS games:

vanilla town - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29631
vanilla town - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29901
scum - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28555

I'm curious what you think about the differences in those games and how you think her play in this game look by comparsion.
Really, I think Baezu's posting has been closest to the scum game. A disregard for logic, trying to steamroll in opinions, not at all conservative in her votes. They're all newbie games, so it's definitely a different beast, but those games don't make me think this is town-Baezu. I'm probably being overly flippant in my description, but there's a real 'anyone but me' vibe in the scum game and here.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 5687, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 5669, ThAdmiral wrote:Ok I'll make it simple for everyone. Pv or me.

Either way I win because I am getting to the point where I don't care about this game any more.
So, scumhunting in thread is zero.

Scumhunting in QT is zero.

Effective vig shots taken is zero.

Actual scumreads is zero.

Fucks given is zero.

You win, I'll lynch you.

Vote: ThAd
YES I WIN!!!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5693, ffullisade wrote:In both of her town games, she looked unsure, hesitant, and kinda looking around for a direction to take. In her scum game she looked more confident. Compare the cases she made in her scum game to her cases in her town game. And to here.
It's like the difference between town you and scum you sometimes. Not as much *lately*, but. Plus Bacde was incredibly fucking town how can you say anything else???

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 am

In post 5694, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5678, Nachomamma8 wrote:

ffullisade, with me!
Huzzah!

:neutral:
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 am

In post 5697, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5693, ffullisade wrote:In both of her town games, she looked unsure, hesitant, and kinda looking around for a direction to take. In her scum game she looked more confident. Compare the cases she made in her scum game to her cases in her town game. And to here.
It's like the difference between town you and scum you sometimes. Not as much *lately*, but. Plus Bacde was incredibly fucking town how can you say anything else???
ahahahaha

no
Are you ready for this?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”