NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5650 (ISO) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

just checked, I flip-flopped a lot, but after the initial suspicion early on, I was fairly confident you were town

it's day 5 now, whereas I figured out you were town day 1 in that game (or maybe day 2?).

my confidence in my ability to read you as town remains.
Are you ready for this?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5651 (ISO) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 5642, penguin_alien wrote:Time out. You're right, this doesn't make sense. Three scenarios: A: ThAd is town, B: ThAd is scum on a team with a roleblocker, C: ThAd is scum on a team without a roleblocker.

A: Scum leaves ThAd free to shoot his target, as neither team apparently cares that he declared he was aiming for CTD. Never mind that this leaves him having confirmed himself. Still, not sure why scum wouldn't kill him before he could go for any of their own people if they were letting him shoot with the hopes that he'd eliminate CTD for them. B: ThAd knows that his team will block Rena. He hopes to 1v1 her on the blocking issue. C: ThAd expects one of the claimed PRs to be dead by Day Four and be able to claim that he was the target of a block if he survives.

What does make me uneasy is that I was questioning all this Day Four, albeit thinking that Rena was opportunistic scum. Yet no one jumped on it, even though last night's kill demonstrates that at least one scum team wanted her dead in the end. It seems like scum could be trying to get us to lynch ThAd for them, like they seem to have tried with Rena.
This, coupled with the fact that ThaD just voted for PV, simply because I asked him to:
In post 5610, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5553, Baezu wrote:C'mon guys

Get towncred

Jump on the PV wagon

All aboard!
Alright

vote: pv

In post 5584, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5567, CrashTextDummie wrote:Pretty terrible post. We've firmly established that there's a scum roleblocker.
So wait.

Not only did they block ThAd every night, they somehow managed to

a) know he was a vig before he claimed it (didn't he claim like Day 3 or something? I could be wrong on this)
b) roleblock Rena at the same time for, at the very least, Night 3
I chose not to shoot nights 1 and 2 you dullard.
In post 5586, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5585, Human Destroyer wrote:"ThAd is town because there is a scum roleblocker" isn't an argument.

Especially when someone else has claimed roleblocked on the same night as them.
yeah

and I told him I wanted to talk to him and he never responded

VOTE: thadVOTE:
Well you could have, you know, asked me a question or something.
As well as this most recent reason for why pv over ctd:
In post 5637, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5633, penguin_alien wrote:So why PV over CTD?
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyway. From my perspective at least.

Why pv over ctd? Because he is more likely of the two to be lynched right now.
Confirms in my mind that ThaD is scum.

VOTE: Thad
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5652 (ISO) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Baezu »

VOTE: Thad
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5653 (ISO) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Whenever I see your name I think "baezu sounds like bee zoo" and then I think about, like, a zoo that is entirely dedicated to bees.

Hell I'd pay to see that.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5654 (ISO) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

And they can sell bees in the gift store!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5655 (ISO) » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Baezu »

I pronounce it bah-et-sue. I think it means devil on some level.

But your idea is way cooler! Maybe I'll adopt that as my new sig. :D
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5656 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 5643, ffullisade wrote:mollie and I will not be going there PA, because Bacde.
Bacde sends his love ffery

<3
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5657 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Aw, now that I got interested in the game everyone left. :(
Are you ready for this?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5658 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Sundays are not goo dmafia days for me. See you tomorrow.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5659 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 5637, ThAdmiral wrote:Why pv over ctd? Because he is more likely of the two to be lynched right now.
I don't like this line of reasoning

~Mara
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5660 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 5647, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5641, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Bulb is defintely town

why are your reads so fency?

~Mara
Which ones?
The only ones you could argue I'm fencing on are PV and Baezu really.

And no, Bulb is definitely 100% scum.
PV and Baezu are defintely fency, and even those you are scum-reading you aren't really given them the " HD Bull-dogged" type of push except for maybe Bulb, who is definitely town.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5661 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5648, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5644, Bulbazak wrote:You seem to be missing a lot actually...
Oh, I know there's stuff from yesterday.

But what happened to all that stuff today, with Rena actually dead and flipped town? Where's the follow-through on his statements?
All of the quotes from Nacho in that post are from this day phase. Saying that Nacho is not suspicious of ThAd after the Rena flip is a lie.
In post 5649, Human Destroyer wrote: Firstly (regarding your quote above this that I forgot to address), it's funny because that's not what you asked me at all. You asked me what I thought about ThAd and how it related to your alignment, not what my "thought processes" are. I mean don't get me wrong, you put the words "thought process" in there...but it isn't what you were asking. Not at fucking all.
In post 5328, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 5322, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5245, Bulbazak wrote:So you're saying that you think ThAd is lying about being the vig (i.e. scum) and is therefore lying about who he targetted, yet that tells you absolutely NOTHING about his target? I understand we're in multiball and everything, but you should still be able to come to some conclusion via PoE.
Yes, that tells me actually nothing about the target. I'm not sure why you're so set on the fact that it does.
Because I'm trying to understand your thought process. I would think there would be some line of reasoning that would allow you to reach one conclusion or the other, but you're claiming that your line of reasoning would lead to no conclusion whatsoever. Essentially, you threw something out there that would lead to, you claim, no reasonable set of conclusions. This bothers me, because you are one of the few in the game that I'm still trying to figure out what your motivation is. You were very active on d1 and were at least able to voice your reasoning for your thoughts. You dropped a little on d2, but still, you were making well crafted arguments. However, you've seemed to be coasting since then. I'm just trying to make sense of all of this, hence why I'm asking about your line of reasoning.
In post 5336, Bulbazak wrote:@HD: I'm not trying to push anything. I'm just saying that you should have some line of reasoning behind your actions. Whether you think I'm town or scum, you should have some line of thought that led you to that conclusion in conjunction with ThAd's actions, who you are claiming is scum. I'm just curious about your thought process, because you have been hiding in the background since d2.
In post 5417, Bulbazak wrote: All I'm trying to do is understand your thought process, especially since you've been coasting since d2. However, all you're doing is trying to squelch discussion, which is a humongous scumtell for me.
In post 5431, Bulbazak wrote: How am I lying? Asking for your reasoning is not lying, just like disagreeing with you is not misrepping.
In post 5431, Bulbazak wrote: Again, walk me through your thought process.
In post 5454, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 5434, Human Destroyer wrote: And it's weird because you called it
my
line of reasoning when I never said that was my line of reasoning for calling you scum, ever. Wassup?
I was beginning to think you were sheeping, especially since you buckle and can't defend your position when questioned on it. This is most apparent when you backed up Nero earlier in the day. When questioned on your position, you had no idea what you were standing for. Again, you've been coasting since d2 and hoping nobody noticed.
In post 5454, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 5408, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5336, Bulbazak wrote:@HD: I'm not trying to push anything. I'm just saying that you should have some line of reasoning behind your actions. Whether you think I'm town or scum, you should have some line of thought that led you to that conclusion in conjunction with ThAd's actions, who you are claiming is scum. I'm just curious about your thought process, because you have been hiding in the background since d2.
No.

There's a difference between "Do you believe ThAd's claimed kill choice affects my alignment?" or "C'mon, you
must
think ThAd's kill choice affects my alignment
somehow
!"
Side note: I have no idea what you were trying to get at in the bottom part, so I left it alone. The important part is you refusing to get into your motivation and thought process.
Say that I haven't been asking about your thought process and motivation. I dare you.
In post 5649, Human Destroyer wrote: You'll have to show me these counter arguments I don't appear to be answering, cause I don't really see them.
Hint: Repeating the same, addressed point over and over and saying it slightly differently is NOT a new counter-argument.
I never said counter argument as in 1 word but as 2 words. I'm saying that you haven't been countering ANY of my arguments. You've simply shouted "misrep" or "liar" or "scum" and hoped that people would follow you on it so that you wouldn't have to actually address anything I say.
In post 5649, Human Destroyer wrote: In voided you were obv-town and I was fighting against your lynch like crazy. Did you forget this already?
From a quick scan of your ISO in this game, it's true that you called me town and wanted another lynch, but it was more defensive as if staving off an attack on yourself. I can't recall you being super gung-ho on stopping my lynch in that game. In fact, I mainly remember being betrayed by those who read me as town (I'm looking at you Nacho.), as well as my standoff with DGB. You defending me doesn't readily come to mind.
In post 5649, Human Destroyer wrote: Bad Apples I also remember you being one of my strong townreads so...what up? I'll check it again if it's really that fething important, but I like to think I know when you're fething town.
In post 5650, Human Destroyer wrote:just checked, I flip-flopped a lot, but after the initial suspicion early on, I was fairly confident you were town

it's day 5 now, whereas I figured out you were town day 1 in that game (or maybe day 2?).

my confidence in my ability to read you as town remains.
You seriously thought I was scum pretty much all of d2, after I went completely paranoid on you. That scum read seemed to have dropped by d3 when you claimed cop, and the switch seemed out of the blue for me.

Either way, I think both instances show that I definitely wasn't obv. town.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5662 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 5651, Baezu wrote:
In post 5642, penguin_alien wrote:Time out. You're right, this doesn't make sense. Three scenarios: A: ThAd is town, B: ThAd is scum on a team with a roleblocker, C: ThAd is scum on a team without a roleblocker.

A: Scum leaves ThAd free to shoot his target, as neither team apparently cares that he declared he was aiming for CTD. Never mind that this leaves him having confirmed himself. Still, not sure why scum wouldn't kill him before he could go for any of their own people if they were letting him shoot with the hopes that he'd eliminate CTD for them. B: ThAd knows that his team will block Rena. He hopes to 1v1 her on the blocking issue. C: ThAd expects one of the claimed PRs to be dead by Day Four and be able to claim that he was the target of a block if he survives.

What does make me uneasy is that I was questioning all this Day Four, albeit thinking that Rena was opportunistic scum. Yet no one jumped on it, even though last night's kill demonstrates that at least one scum team wanted her dead in the end. It seems like scum could be trying to get us to lynch ThAd for them, like they seem to have tried with Rena.
This, coupled with the fact that ThaD just voted for PV, simply because I asked him to:
This convinced you? Of what? It didn't convince me of anything except that the situation is murky. And nicely dodges the question of why you voted for PV in the first place.

I don't care how towny Bacde looked for being suspicious of blue scum. Baezu is worth voting.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5663 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Pikman Part 2.

Will come back later after others have said something.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5664 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:24 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5647, Human Destroyer wrote:
@Mod: In a theoretical situation where there is an X-Shot Vigilante, would he lose a shot if his target was protected? If he was roleblocked?
By my interpretation, any X-shot role being roleblocked will not lose their shot, vigilantes included.

By my interpretation, a vigilante shooting at someone being protected expends their bullet.

One-Hundred-Fiftieth Votecount
:
(Eighth Votecount of Day Five,
AKA, the "NAR debates ftw!" votecount.
)

PeregrineV - 4 (Nachomamma8, CrashTextDummie, Amethyst Kitty, ThAdmiral)

Amethyst Kitty - 3 (Desperado, PeregrineV, Cephrir)

ThAdmiral - 2 (Human Destroyer, Baezu)
CrashTextDummie - 1 (Bulbazak)
Baezu - 1 (penguin_alien)

Not Voting - 1 (ffullisade)

With
alive, it is
to lynch.

Day Five's deadline is Thursday, August 22nd, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-08-22 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
PeregrineV - 4 (
Baezu
, Nachomamma8, CrashTextDummie, Amethyst Kitty, ThAdmiral)
Amethyst Kitty - 3 (Desperado, PeregrineV, Cephrir)
ThAdmiral - 2 (Human Destroyer,
Baezu
)
CrashTextDummie - 1 (Bulbazak)
Human Destroyer - 0 (
penguin_alien
)
Baezu - 1 (
penguin_alien
)

Not Voting - 1 (ffullisade)
Last votecount was page 226, post 5629.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D4
CrashTextDummie: Bulbazak->PeregrineV
Cephrir: Amethyst Kitty
Nachomamma8: PeregrineV
PeregrineV: Amethyst Kitty
Baezu: Amethysty Kitty->PeregrineV->ThAdmiral
Bulbazak: CrashTextDummie
Desperado: Amethyst Kitty
penguin_alien: Human Destroyer->Baezu
ThAdmiral: PeregrineV
Amethyst Kitty: penguin_alien->Unvote->PeregrineV
ffullisade: Baezu->Unvote->ThAdmiral->PeregrineV->Unvote
Human Destroyer: ThAdmiral

Spoiler: Vote History D4
on Fri, Aug 8/02/13 @ 04:02p,
Desperado
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 5484.
On Fri, Aug 8/02/13 @ 04:19p,
PeregrineV
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 5485.
On Fri, Aug 8/02/13 @ 04:32p,
Baezu
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 5486.
On Fri, Aug 8/02/13 @ 05:10p,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
penguin_alien
in post 5488.
On Fri, Aug 8/02/13 @ 05:37p,
Bulbazak
votes
CrashTextDummie
in post 5490.
On Fri, Aug 8/02/13 @ 08:05p,
ffullisade
votes
Baezu
in post 5496.
On Sat, Aug 8/03/13 @ 09:49a,
Cephrir
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 5503.
On Sat, Aug 8/03/13 @ 06:30p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Bulbazak
in post 5509.
On Sat, Aug 8/03/13 @ 08:32p,
Baezu
votes
PeregrineV
in post 5516.
On Mon, Aug 8/05/13 @ 00:32a,
Nachomamma8
votes
PeregrineV
in post 5519.
On Mon, Aug 8/05/13 @ 12:56p,
ffullisade
unvotes
Baezu
in post 5526.
On Mon, Aug 8/05/13 @ 01:10p,
Amethyst Kitty
unvotes
penguin_alien
in post 5527.
On Mon, Aug 8/05/13 @ 02:31p,
Human Destroyer
votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5529.
On Wed, Aug 8/07/13 @ 10:33a,
CrashTextDummie
unvotes
Bulbazak
and votes
PeregrineV
in post 5568.
On Wed, Aug 8/07/13 @ 12:49p,
Amethyst Kitty
votes
PeregrineV
in post 5571.
On Wed, Aug 8/07/13 @ 07:45p,
ffullisade
votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5587.
On Wed, Aug 8/07/13 @ 09:55p,
ffullisade
votes
PeregrineV
in post 5598.
On Thu, Aug 8/08/13 @ 00:45a,
ThAdmiral
votes
PeregrineV
in post 5610.
On Thu, Aug 8/08/13 @ 05:16p,
penguin_alien
votes
Human Destroyer
in post 5622.
On Thu, Aug 8/08/13 @ 08:39p,
ffullisade
unvotes
PeregrineV
in post 5627.
On Fri, Aug 8/09/13 @ 11:19p,
penguin_alien
unvotes
Human Destroyer
and votes
Baezu
in post 5642.
On Sat, Aug 8/10/13 @ 11:16a,
Baezu
votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5652.

<<< Nachomamma8 has been prodded. That's his second strike, so if he is prodded again, he will be replaced. I also sent five pokes. Combined with the prod, that's half the total players falling
dangerously
close to below activity. I realize activity drops over the weekend, but it shouldn't drop by THAT much. >>>
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5665 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

My first poke D:

Need to look at those games ffery posted, will get to it soon.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5666 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5656, Baezu wrote:
In post 5643, ffullisade wrote:mollie and I will not be going there PA, because Bacde.

<3
I will be </3 if Bacde was scum.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5667 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5665, Cephrir wrote:My first poke D:

Need to look at those games ffery posted, will get to it soon.
I'd like PA and AK to look at those 3 games too. The more the merrier.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5668 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Nu. Ill look at it after this. I'm watching TV. <3
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5669 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ok I'll make it simple for everyone. Pv or me.

Either way I win because I am getting to the point where I don't care about this game any more.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5670 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5669, ThAdmiral wrote:Ok I'll make it simple for everyone. Pv or me.

Either way I win because I am getting to the point where I don't care about this game any more.

but thadley I was so excited to play with you....
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5671 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

how about this - if you help me lynch pv I'll actually try tomorrow.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5672 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 5666, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5656, Baezu wrote:

<3
I will be </3 if Bacde was scum.
Bacde was not scum - I'm just that bad of a mafia player :?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5673 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 5671, ThAdmiral wrote:how about this - if you help me lynch pv I'll actually try tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing that!

VOTE: PV
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5674 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5671, ThAdmiral wrote:how about this - if you help me lynch pv I'll actually try tomorrow.
you seem awfully confident you won't be nked

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”