NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5250 (isolation #400) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh and Desp but he's prob just derpy town like in WWE and Rena but she is scum too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5255 (isolation #401) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why the hell is Bulb even talking about investigation roles?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5257 (isolation #402) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh ok....I thought that had something to do with me 'cause that's what ya'll were talking about.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5261 (isolation #403) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5262, PeregrineV wrote:@Nero-
-Having a town read on you and thinking your reasons are compelling do not go hand in hand.
????????????

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but w/e.

Nacho, you really think Cephir is town after that pressure point post?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5263 (isolation #404) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5261, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5242, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5232, Nero Cain wrote:nope, not really though it is kinda interesting how Nacho was attacking me for attacking Rena and now he has a scum read on said slot. What has changed today for you?
"Our" scumread of Rena has become "My" read. By that I mean there's active consensus.

PeregrineV has very much become a person of interest. And ThAd has come off looking a little better as a result of both the dual roleblocked claims and the concerns about PeregrineV.

I'm feeling more confident that Nacho is town.

I thought yesterday that both the Bulba wagon and Slandaar wagon were a mislynch in progress, and I feel similarly today about bulba. I'm surprised he isn't arguing against it harder, but I can relate a little to feeling that, between shaky reads and near-inevitable mislynch, sooner could be better for town than later. Sometimes I play through a fog of deathwish for weeks.

My town read of you has weakened some. A couple of your posts today sound off notes to me. I hear talk about confident or smug scumplay.
I seldom actualy see someone who turns out to be scum play with visible smugness
. No matter how well things might be going, playing scum is usually a graceless and choppy dash to endgame seconds ahead of the house of cards collapsing.
Counterpoint: I do this.
I don't see any other point to this then "hey, I'm smug as scum, Nero can be too!!!"

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5269 (isolation #405) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5268, Cephrir wrote:Considering I suspect you I don't see what's so outlandish about that
Why do you suspect me? I don't really remember anything from you other then "yeah what they said" so could you remind me please?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5274 (isolation #406) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@ Cephir So basically sheeping CTD. When I flip town is it going to make you wonder about CTD?

I disagree with you (and Desp 'cause I know he said it to and Ffery?) that my posts against Bulb have been terrible. I think I've done a good job but I know that I've had my cases called terrible and then they flip scum so meh. You actually think that being unconvincing is a scumtell?

Desp: But it was you who wanted Nacho lynched for "'causing" the no lynch, Mastin would have likely been lynched anways, and I wasn't the only one that was scumreading you.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5276 (isolation #407) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

We should still be lynching Bulb, even if he's town he'll be nothing but a distraction/no one will miss him.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5279 (isolation #408) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5281, Cephrir wrote:when you lynch town with a really solid case it's their fault.
lol no.

no one ever gets themselves lynched.

Your Rena read please?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5288 (isolation #409) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5287, Cephrir wrote:Did you seriously just ask me for my read on Rena? My entire voting history is basically Rena->X->Rena->Y->Rena->Z->Rena ad infinitum.
I guess you haven't been convincing enough to pull together a Rena lynch, which is rather hypocritical don'tcha think?

So can you explain to me why Rena is scum?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5294 (isolation #410) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

PV, if you think AK is scum and killed Thor + Khan why do you think Bulb is town for defending her? + Bulb as been all over the place with his AK read.

You don't think scum defend each other like that?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5306 (isolation #411) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Sean hasn't posted in 6 days....did you never prod him?

<<< I prodded him, too, but Bacde caught my attention first.
...Crap. So that makes TWO I need. Sonofabitch, I'm running low on contacts. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5341 (isolation #412) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5332, Baezu wrote:Well I read through most of the thread and I actually agree with my predecessor's reads. Rena thad and nacho look scummy. AK and desp are null to scum. I know bulba is at L-1 but I'm not sure I want to hammer.
yuck!!! I'd like to see something original from this slot before nightfall.
In post 5335, Nachomamma8 wrote:While if you come over here we can have Thad,
Baezu
and Amethyst Kitty and actually get a lynch. How much longer are you going to try to push your vanity wagon through
You have a scum read on this slot now?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5344 (isolation #413) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So you want any other investigation roles to claim?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5346 (isolation #414) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

scum watchers are common. Reading your 5343 makes it sound like your theory is that Rena is town 'cause no other investigation roles have claimed.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5351 (isolation #415) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5031, penguin_alien wrote:What about Seanald? I know he's voting your preferred lynch, Nero Cain, but how is he not on this list where Bacde, for example, is? And I keep reading the back-and-forth between you and Bulbazak, and it's so focused on you disagreeing about the hypothetical composition of the neighborhoods and how you both have voted/been suspicious of others as a result.
Why did you feel the need to specifically use Bacde's name? Sean is lurking horribly so yeah, I have my doubts but idk...it doesn't seem as scummy as the other slots. Though I do vaguely remember him being lurky as scum.

I don't think that me and Bulb were arguing over his theory, I actually like his theory and think its plausible. What we were arguing over is him "dropping" it and "not willing to pick it back up" despite having Sean as a scum read. And he later some what contradicts himself when he claims that the reason he's "not willing to dive back into his theory" is 'cause he wants to lynch based on actual tells and not his theory but he was scum reading Sean for scumtelling.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5362 (isolation #416) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are you voting Rena?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5364 (isolation #417) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5006, CrashTextDummie wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:Maybe 'cause no one else was like "I'LL PROVIDE THE CONTENT OF MY QT!!!" So I'm confused as to why you said you'd do this, then didn't and why you wanted/needed Slan's permission.
So it's a
matter of principle
is what you're saying, "CTD said he would, so it's scummy that he doesn't". You don't have any particular interest in the content of our QT vis-a-vis the others. Am I getting this right?

I was going to summarize our QT in the interest of full disclosure because I wanted to lynch Slandaar at the time. When i realized my mistake, there was no reason to go through with it anymore. Slandaar shared some reads with me on N1 that he didn't want out in the open, hence why I wanted to discuss it with him first.

Again, tell me why you find this scummy.
pretty much the bolded. *I* didn't understand why you said you would and then didn't and then kept on ignoring me when I asked for an explanation which made me feel like you were hiding something, idk. I just felt it was strange but this explanation is sufficient. Dunno why you are being defensive about it but me.
Nero Cain wrote:Are you REALLY giving a reason that Bulb would backtrack? Context says you two are full of it. He's STILL town reading Thad and PV BECAUSE of his theory. AND he's still believes that Sean is scum and in his theory he thinks both teams have a undercover hoodling. So if he believes that and is unwilling revisit THAD or PV then you are the POE scum. I think its likely he has a buddy in you or PV. I'm also not arguing about him setting up a lynch on you. I'm saying that in his theory he has you listed as scum and now he's backing away from calling you scum for some reason.
We are in agreement that Bulba adjusted his reads in a way that doesn't feel kosher, but your deductions don't make much sense at all. Specifically, I don't see any reason why you're not considering Seanald/Despo as Bulba-buddies. The fact that he's not trying to get Seanald lynched despite having him as a scumread along with you strikes me as odd because it would give him further insight into the validity of his theory. This could mean that he's scum with Seanald, but it also makes sense if he's scum with Despo (not wanting to lynch into his neighborhood because it reduces his breathing room).

The fact that you don't even consider this tells me that a)you are not actually thinking things through in a pro-town manner and b)you are going out of your way to tie people to Bulba.

Furthermore, Bulba's play is pretty obviously designed to keep me lynchable down the road (or rather make me lynchable in the first place), making it even more dubious that you'd zero in on me as a Bulba-buddy.
?????
So Bulb never joined the Sean wagon yesterday? I'll have to look into that.

I think your theory that Bulb is bussin' one of Desp/Sean is sound and to be honest I never though about it. But I think its really fucking odd that you are calling me scummy for that especially when you are all "woe is me, Bulb is trying keep me lynchable" So why do you think I'm scummy as opposed to "falling for his trap"?

Answer this question straight up, because you've dodged the fuck out of it, Nero:
Why was your vote on Slandaar at the end of the day and not on Bulba? You had to concede the only reason you had given to suspect Slandaar and you had been making a strong case and push against Bulba up until the deadline frenzy.
I don't think I've ever dodged this. I think Slan's explanation that "we should assume the max # of scum" was craptastic and the fact that scum already tried to push a 7-8 man scum game made me fairly suspicious. In hindsight, I goofed but its ok 'cause we can lynch Bulbscum today.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5369 (isolation #418) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5365, CrashTextDummie wrote: Nero, I hate to be pendantic, but I'd like this answered as well:
In post 5006, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 4996, Nero Cain wrote: ????

Why is it nonsensical? I'm fairly certain that I'm able to read. Lets say I go through your games and find a FN. Why or why not should we auto lynch you?
Then why don't you? It would take you all of 5 minutes to check every game I've played in the last 3 years. If you actually thought there was a possibility of catching me with my pants down, there's no reason why you wouldn't have investigated it already.
I've been lazy.
In post 5364, Nero Cain wrote:I think your theory that Bulb is bussin' one of Desp/Sean is sound and to be honest I never though about it. But I think its really fucking odd that you are calling me scummy for that especially when you are all "woe is me, Bulb is trying keep me lynchable" So why do you think I'm scummy as opposed to "falling for his trap"?
You tried to draw connections from Bulba's play, so obviously you did think about it. You didn't think it through, which is exactly my point. I call it scummy because it looked like you were spin doctoring the situation to push an agenda, cherry-picking aspects of his play and omitting those that disagreed with what you were pushing. You are right that you not seeing what I consider obvious doesn't have to be a scum tell. But applying twisted logic to a situation is in my book.
So Bulb is all like "hey guize I has a wonderful theory that both teams have a scummer in the hoods. I think Thad/PV is a town/town hood and therefore there is scum in the other two hoods." Then when Slan flips town he's all like "hey wait a second, I don't want to pursue this." So according to his theory, then you are scum, but he's backing off you. Why? Lets says that one of Despo/Sean is his scum buddy, then he's prob correct that each team has a scum buddy in the hoods. So you'd still be scum, just not his buddy. He has a theory that calls you scum, he's shying away from calling you scum. Obviously you disagree with my conclusion but that's not twisting anything. There's also a "hey, look over there." aspect of your post that I don't really like.

In post 5364, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think I've ever dodged this. I think Slan's explanation that "we should assume the max # of scum" was craptastic and the fact that scum already tried to push a 7-8 man scum game made me fairly suspicious. In hindsight, I goofed but its ok 'cause we can lynch Bulbscum today.
Yeah, I know why you voted Slandaar. The issue here is why you thought this made him a better lynch than Bulba after you posted this:
In post 4710, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde

So blue is probs Bulb with one of CTD/Bacde/khan.
That's the part you've been dodging.
I'm pretty sure I said that I didn't really care who dies. Is this one of those "y u no vote my buddy?!?" 'cause I've seen those from scum before.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5370 (isolation #419) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Cephir: you've said that Rena has been hard to lynch so she's prob scum but Bulb has been just as hard to lynch. So why are you applying that logic only to Rena?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5387 (isolation #420) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5386, penguin_alien wrote:So you think scum-Bulbazak decided to pop open the can of worms that is the neighborhood and then got cold feet...why? If he's scum with a teammate in the neighborhoods, he'd've known that before pushing Slandaar's lynch; if he's scum without a teammate in the neighborhoods, what's the motive for backing off? Sure, maybe he was putting up a front, but why keep it when you 're encouraging him to go for his scum reads?
'cause I don't think it makes much sense for him to be so gung ho about his theory and then get wet feet.

If he's scum without a teammate the hood's are a good source of mislynch kindling. His intended plan is to mislynch me and then (maybe) go after Sean. If he doesn't have a buddy then its pretty clear that this is just a chain lynching scheme so that's what his motivation looks like for backing off...at least momentarily.

If he's scum with a team mate he's likely sincere about thinking that the other team has a buddy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5396 (isolation #421) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

question: Nacho had attacked me for attacking Rena. What does this say about his slot?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5398 (isolation #422) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I hate quote mining. but gimmie a sec.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5402 (isolation #423) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3388, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3385, Nero Cain wrote:all that scum hunting from the Haylen slot.

vote: Haylen/Rena
Vote: Nero Cain

Both are generally solid votes.
Here Nacho votes me.
In post 3533, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3471, Nero Cain wrote:Nacho, what made you switch your vote from Thad to me?
your "scumcho is voting him, so he's probably town" post.
Then Nacho lies about why he voted me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5404 (isolation #424) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5399, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5396, Nero Cain wrote:question: Nacho had attacked me for attacking Rena. What does this say about his slot?
he also attacked you before he realised rena scum so
ok and? Its impossible for scum to backtrack?

So, you think Nacho's attack on me has nothing to do with anything, right?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5405 (isolation #425) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5403, Cephrir wrote:<---doesn't see how that's a lie
^
is scum so it doesn't matter.

But it is a lie/backtrack.

Nacho said he switched his vote for reason X but he already switched his vote before reason X. And Nacho already admitted to lying/screwing up. I just think its not an honest mistake as he's trying to make it out to be.

<<< Double-post deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5407 (isolation #426) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

????????

I'm not surprised that the whole conversation went over your head, Mollie.

But whatever. We can continue this conversation later 'cause we already have 3 good suspects in Bulb, Rena, Cephir.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5411 (isolation #427) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5409, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5408, Nero Cain wrote:????????

I'm not surprised that the whole conversation went over your head, Mollie.

But whatever. We can continue this conversation later 'cause we already have 3 good suspects in Bulb, Rena, Cephir.
then vote rena

I think bulba may actually be town
As a last resort sure. I want to see Bulb scum eat rope.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5413 (isolation #428) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*strangles Sean*

<<< Double-post deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5426 (isolation #429) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5417, Bulbazak wrote:I don't like this at all. You'd have to go out of your way to misunderstand what CTD said. There is no way you could have gotten this out of that, especially since a simple ISO would show you you're wrong. This is just a way to softly manipulate people into thinking I'm scummy, that way you don't have to work as hard to push my wagon.
My bad. I have a bad habit of expecting people to mean what they say so when CTD said that you never tried to lynch Sean I assumed that you never tried to lynch him.

So why are you more upset at me than CTD over this?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5440 (isolation #430) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

You've been putting in a lot of work on this game desp, keep up the good work.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”