The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14600 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Klazam »

I'd love Natura, with the nether override disabled.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14601 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 14597, dappyscroo wrote:there's bedrock all over the surface nearby! WTF?! :-S
When klaz and M were still admins, they granted clammy creative powers to rebuild what was lost in the clamcastle chunk reset. Shortly after, we had a discussion on IRC about what was up with the server and M and klaz not being interested anymore and what they wanted to do to get interested again. We talked about going to mafiacraft 2.0 and a reset would likely happen and they wanted to do a lot of the same things I've been proposing - eliminating problem mods and just paring things down to a leaner more likely to be problem free modpack. So thats when people first started playing as if a reset was going to happen, and clammy started TNTing parts of the server. Maru had already blown up his house early on, and I suggested clammy should blow the rest of it into smitherines. I went there to watch, and clammy started chasing me around trying to bomb me with TNT. I had all my important stuff on me and wasn't ready to lose it all yet because a reset was still undetermined and a ways off, so naturally I was trying to avoid being killed. Clammy wasn't having none of that and started trying to box me in with bedrock. Eventually I /spawn'd, asked clammy not to kill me and logged off. So yeah, thats where the bedrock came from.
fuzzybutternut wrote:Clammy at least deserves creative so he can build stuff. That's really the only reason he's on the server save for the community. Either way, we owe him that much.
We can discuss it but I mean that pretty much describes me as well. Building stuff is the whole point of minecraft. I mean the mods are fun and all but to me they're really nothing more than extra building blocks and a means to get to them. I don't build systems just to build systems, I build what I need to build to get things I need to build stuff with. Why do you think treebreeding is the most important thing I spend my time doing? I want all the wood building blocks. I'm not sure anyone deserves to have creative just because they only like building stuff. Maybe we can compromise and set clammy loose in creative mode to build us a spawn castle / spawn town? Something for the whole community, not just for him and the people choosing to live where he's building.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14602 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Klazam »

That was the original plan- Clammy was to build spawntown in creative.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14603 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14601, Rhinox wrote:So yeah, thats where the bedrock came from.
lol :)
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14604 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Yeah, that's fair.
Dappy, can I ask why you dislike Natura so much?
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14605 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:42 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

NETHER BABIES
Art is cool.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14606 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:53 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

wat.
Nether babies? O.o
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14607 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14600, Klazam wrote:I'd love Natura, with the nether override disabled.
That means Natura would WorldGen in the Overworld and not the Nether?

B:"Override Nether"=false?

I could live with that personally. I like Natura but to be quite honest, I have found nothing in the Nether (other than heat sand maybe. I was planning on seeding a ring of it around my base in SSP to see if I could get the mobs to hop around taking damage) to be even the least bit useful to me.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14608 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Klazam »

Nitro Creepers

But you can disable the nether part of natura.

I really like natura for the OW part anyway.

PEDIT: Yes, oso.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #14609 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Maestro »

Hey guys, Rhinox is making me write this post but basically we have a cool idea!
and by "cool idea", I mean we basically made angry posts at one another and then realized we were both arguing about stupid shit
from the same side of an argument and decided on a totalitarian, reformist way to solve all the problems in the
world
thread

Let's all go back to Vanilla!
and by that we mean Rhinox and I have seen the light and don't really think Mods have been a positive thing for this community
and are not going to be updating MafiaCraft anymore and will not ask Maruchan to re-pay for it next payment cycle

We can still have KMP, if you guys want we'll help you get on it and stuff.
Or we can see how many people want us to host a regular FTB pack from the Launcher. (it'd probably be 1.4.7)

but basically, all small text and weirdness aside, Rhi and I wonder if Mods have really been all that great a think for us as a group...

"mass exodus back to Vanilla anyone"?

but yeah, basically just an idea, ETL and Rhi and I are talking on IRC, where the cool cats are
come join in, yay!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14610 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:00 pm

ETL is going back to bed. If there isn't a modded server available, then I probably won't be coming back. Mods are the reason I showed up on the servers in the first place. Like I said earlier, if I want to play vanilla, I go play XBL. I know about vanilla. I like exploring mods. I don't care which ones. I just don't feel like doing that alone. I liked when we were on the DW20 pack, even though it was dying. This pack lasted a month or less than.

I told M on IRC. Just pick an FTB pack. I don't care which one. Pick one, put it up, and let it be. I'm tired of the discussion. I just wanna play with you guys and this is bullshit. Also vanilla is boring. So, if there isn't going to be a modded server, I dunno, I probably won't play tbh.
Art is cool.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14611 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Rhinox »

To expand on what M said...

Basically over the past couple weeks after I said I would try to take over modded - well I did it without really thinking it through entirely. It takes know-how, time, and desire, to do it right. I had plenty of desire to start out. No-how is basically non-existent, and time probably not as high as it should be. But because of the small text M was talking about, I really just realized that mods have not and will never provide the minecraft experience I want. I joined modded initially because I wanted to play with the community, but I've always tried influence decisions to steer the servers back to more traditional ways - see: all the way back to my comments when warp was first added to the previous vanilla server.

So basically it doesn't make any sense for me to admin a modded server. At this time, I fully support the move back to vanilla, and when I play minecraft, I will be playing and building stuff on vanilla from here on out. I hope that eventually a community will actually return to the vanilla server to see and enjoy all the cool things I'm gonna build.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14612 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

you guys realise if we had a server with a decent amount of RAM we could probably just run FTB Ultimate and everything would be fine, right?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14613 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

The problem is affording that server. :P
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14614 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14612, izakthegoomba wrote:.........

you guys realise if we had a server with a decent amount of RAM we could probably just run FTB Ultimate and everything would be fine, right?
In post 14613, fuzzybutternut wrote:The problem is affording that server. :P
An Enderman package at CreeperHost (8GB RAM 55GB HDD 5 Core virtual server with unlimited data) will cost about £45 per month (I'm sure you can work that out in USD yourselves!) and I'd be prepared to pay half of that. Anybody else interested?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14615 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:09 am

Post by Maestro »

ok, since people got pissed here's a fun new chew toy for you all. seeing as Rhino doesn't want anything to do with Modded now, and the MafiaCraft server is otherwise empty, I'm moving it to this modpack:

Spoiler:
Oso wrote:****inst****
minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-7.8.1.738
OptiFine_1.5.2_HD_D5

****core****
CodeChickenCore 0.8.7.3
CoFHCore-1.5.2.5
denLib-1.5.2-3.0.14
immibis-microblocks-55.0.7
NotEnoughItems 1.5.2.28
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.6-107

****mods****
[1.5.2] Mouse Tweaks 2.0
Atum_0.4.3B3
binnie-mods-1.7.0b
buildcraft-A-3.7.1
ChickenChunks 1.3.2.14
ComputerCraft1.53
ee3-universal-pre1h-16
EnderStorage 1.4.2.16
forestry-A-2.2.8.4
immibis-core-55.1.6
industrialcraft-2_1.116.373-lf
inventorytweaks-1.54b
ironchest-universal-1.5.2-5.2.8.446
MineFactoryReloaded-2.6.4-975
mod_zGraviSuite_1_9_3
Natura_2.1.1
neiaddons-1.5.2-1.8.1.r27
NEIPlugins-1.0.9.3
NetherOres-2.1.5-75
OmniTools-3.1.6.0
PluginsforForestry-1.5.2-3.0.17
Railcraft_1.5.2-7.3.0.0
redlogic-55.4.1
TConstruct_1.3.6.7
ThermalExpansion-2.4.6.0
twilightforest-1.18.2
ZansMinimap1.5.2.

this includes Vanilla Biomes, NO Natura Nether, NO possessive Pigmen, NO GregTech, NO AE, NO SecretRooms, and yeah
I think we either give it a shot or let it die - all you people whining about resets need to understand once and for all:

Modded Minecraft Servers are not and can not be meant to last for months and months.
Even if Mods are not updated, problems can and will occur in long-term interaction the server will eventually implode.

I personally like this Modlist, and may play from time to time, but KMP is what I wanted (Klaz too) and I'll be on there most of the time I'm playing Modded. the ONLY thing I will do is help with SERVER-SIDE ISSUES. Oso will be handling all questions about how to set up the MultiMC instance to join the server, and he will be hosting the download for us. thank him, ok? we're doing this as is, it's no longer some big deal and won't have an update doc or community input or what-have-you. this is something I felt like doing because everyone flipped out about No More Modded. have fun with it, or don't, I don't really care what you do. I'll be on Vanilla a lot from now on - I hope other people will be too.

also if you've gonna ask for stuff to be carried over...uh

I guess you have 48 hours to throw whatever you want in as many Ender Chests are you have...? that work?
I'll leave chests outside Spawn with a royal fuckton of Dye/maybe Diamonds? in WhiteWhiteWhite, you can grab your stuff then
Last edited by Maestro on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14616 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Maestro »

oh yeah, and this little Ender Chest trick may we freaky with some of your items, but it's better than nothin' so yup

o/
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14617 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 am

In post 14614, dappyscroo wrote:

An Enderman package at CreeperHost (8GB RAM 55GB HDD 5 Core virtual server with unlimited data) will cost about £45 per month (I'm sure you can work that out in USD yourselves!) and I'd be prepared to pay half of that. Anybody else interested?
That's somewhere around $90-100 I think and I'd be able/happy to put in $30 a month.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14618 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 am

48 hours.... uh.. okay. I'll talk to you on IRC later tonight. I'm working like a slave right now. :P
Art is cool.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14619 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 14614, dappyscroo wrote:

Ok, I know that I'm not really involved with this server anymore, but this is something I have to pipe in on. If you guys go the route of crowd-sourcing funding for a server, then I think it's common-sense that it be bought from Maru's hosting company. Considering all the money he's pumped into the server over the time I was around, it seems like giving him your business is the least the community can do to repay him.

As an alternative, by the way, I am willing to host a standard FTB pack for free off of my PC with 4GB of RAM dedicated to it, as long as the understanding is given that I am entirely unable to do cool shit with it (dynmap, etc.) because I just plain don't know how. It would literally be a standard FTB pack thrown online with nothing else done to it (except disabling any problem mods, like Thaumcraft and Mystcraft, if necessary).
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14620 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 14615, Maestro wrote:Maestro's Post
Just a few on that. Yes, I have some Cloud Storage (MS SkyDrive) that I am happy to use the public section to include the ModPack Download and Yes, I am also happy to help anyone set up a MultiMC Instance for that pack (sorry, that is the only Launcher I am comfortable with so if you use Magic Launcher or something else, you are on your own.

Latest version, I think, of MultiMC for Windows/MacOS/Linux

As to the pack, I mentioned I had a pack I was using personally for a Single Player Survival instance on my own computer and Maestro asked if he could see the Mod list.

One thing I do have to say about it is that this pack was never meant to be balanced or have a broad appeal. That was why originally I included IC2, without GregTech and with Compact Solars installed (There is a problem with Compact Solars that hasn't been solved yet. Or if it has, I am not aware of it) so that power would be plentiful and maintenance free once the panels were built and the infrastructure was put in place. I didn't want to have to worry one bit about power other than to make sure I had plenty. I made it to do one thing really and do it well, I hope. And that was to support Forestry's Bees, Trees and Binnie's add-ons to them. The rest of the stuff is in there to make that easier plus some things to do (Atum, Twilight Forest) when I got bored with bees plus some mods that added some building options (Immbi's Microblocks and Natura, with it only WorldGenning in the Overworld. Natura did make the Nether look pretty amazing, but ultimately it made the place too busy and made finding the things you wanted to in the Nether a whole lot more difficult in my opinion.)

Not to say there isn't other things the pack can do, other that Natura being OW gen only, not a single mod has been nerfed or modified other than what everyone is used to (Flat bedrock rather than Vanilla Bedrock). I am even setting Persistent Lava back to True before I zip up the pack to give to Maestro.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #14621 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 14592, fuzzybutternut wrote:I want to know what mods you will make you guys refrain from playing.
don't ask this question, remember IC2? If asked 6 months ago, you and 50 others would have said IC2 or i quit.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #14622 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 14602, Klazam wrote:That was the original plan- Clammy was to build spawntown in creative.
That's pretty much been the plan for as long as you guys have known Clammy, and the only reason any of you know clammy (outside of my failed attempts at a server in Spring '12).

I got him to join a server of ours to build something for me then set him lose into the wild.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14623 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by blake5135 »

^ I remember this
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #14624 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Tierce »

:/

Who started building a giant house in the water in the Vanilla server to the west of my house/North of the lighthouse?

I know I haven't been active on the server over the past month, but the beauty of that bay was that it didn't have anything in it, now there is the beginning of a construction that is blocky and right in the middle of the water landscape, and has a Nether portal that breaks the previous Nether path between me and Klaz...

Return to “The Arcade”