The Mole: Wie is de Mol 2014!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

The Mole: Wie is de Mol 2014!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Blackberry »

OMG I just found out Aussie is airing a brand new season of The Mole!! :)

Anyone else see it? I watched the first aired 7 episodes in a 24 hour period. :o

What is everyone's thoughts? (Just a warning, first execution doesn't happen till Episode 3, and as of Episode 7, only 3 of 12 have been eliminated)

EPISODE 1: http://videobull.com/the-mole-au-season-6-episode-1/ :)

Now discussing:

WIE IS DE MOL 2014!
Last edited by Blackberry on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

oh hey i should watch this.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh my god yes
green shirt thursdays
Effulgence
Effulgence
Townie
Effulgence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 am

Post by Effulgence »

Yeah, I've been following it; A lot of the contestants are really annoying and them insisting on sabotaging to attain suspicion upon themselves is frustrating to watch.

Spoiler:
I'm fairly confident that the mole is one of Erin, Aisha and Hillal.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:45 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I watched some of the first three episodes, I found it boring.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 3, Effulgence wrote:Yeah, I've been following it; A lot of the contestants are really annoying and them insisting on sabotaging to attain suspicion upon themselves is frustrating to watch.

Spoiler:
I'm fairly confident that the mole is one of Erin, Aisha and Hillal.
We're pretty much on the same page!

Spoiler:
My #1 suspect is Hillal although I've seen other forums where everyone else is confident it isn't him. Erin is my #2 suspect.

If it isn't one of those 2 - I will be surprised. Alex was originally my top suspect but he's gone down quite a bit.

The only reason I've ruled out Aisha is because of "Mozzies quiz info" that Sam gave her.

Ally would surprise me the most.

I really don't think it's Nick because he made a coded journal which is something I did (as a non-mole player) when I played in real life once so people couldn't read what I wrote -- but this is something conceivable for the Mole to do to trick people... Although it was very impractical and I kept forgetting what my codes were... Lol
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Faraday »

Just watched the first 4 episodes.
Spoiler:
Top mole read is Hillall after the latest one. Just seemed overly helpful, I guess. Although I guess he could be just not a dick.

Also POE I think there are a lot that would somewhat surprise me, it's not Sam or Alex, they're whole game looks town versus town (to steal a mafia term). Don't really think it's Shaun either at this point, or Kerrie? Mozzie was a fairly obvous non mole too, I thinkjust given the way he was playing. I'd be shocked if Ally was the mole, I think the point about her being unstable is fair, actually <_<. I've no real read on Linda though at this point. Who am I forgetting? Erin, Aisha, Nick? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

I've not picked up any clues, or stuff I thought could be clues yet, either :(
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 6, Faraday wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes.
Spoiler:
Top mole read is Hillall after the latest one. Just seemed overly helpful, I guess. Although I guess he could be just not a dick.

Also POE I think there are a lot that would somewhat surprise me, it's not Sam or Alex, they're whole game looks town versus town (to steal a mafia term). Don't really think it's Shaun either at this point, or Kerrie? Mozzie was a fairly obvous non mole too, I thinkjust given the way he was playing. I'd be shocked if Ally was the mole, I think the point about her being unstable is fair, actually <_<. I've no real read on Linda though at this point. Who am I forgetting? Erin, Aisha, Nick? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Spoiler: After Seeing the 7th Episode
Ya, I didn't know what to think of Linda either and has her in my top 4 potentials. But then she got eliminated. And Alex is drawing way too much suspiscion from the editing in this episode - so I'm thinking it might not be him.

Shaun and Kerrie are both in limbo for me. I really don't think it's either of them... But it's always a possibility. For Shaun: It's difficult to conceive why a player wouldn't look in the boxes though - for all he knew there could be a box with 1 Freebie in it (and I think there might have been a box with freebies of some sort) - I don't remember if someone took Exemption #7. Still better than nothing...
Effulgence
Effulgence
Townie
Effulgence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Effulgence »

In post 5, Blackberry wrote:
Spoiler:
My #1 suspect is Hillal although I've seen other forums where everyone else is confident it isn't him. Erin is my #2 suspect. If it isn't one of those 2 - I will be surprised. Alex was originally my top suspect but he's gone down quite a bit.

The only reason I've ruled out Aisha is because of "Mozzies quiz info" that Sam gave her. Ally would surprise me the most.

I really don't think it's Nick because he made a coded journal which is something I did (as a non-mole player) when I played in real life once so people couldn't read what I wrote -- but this is something conceivable for the Mole to do to trick people... Although it was very impractical and I kept forgetting what my codes were
Spoiler:
Yeah, I'd be most shocked if it was Ally too, she's just an overly passionate contestant. Alex's suspicion of Sam and the way he treated him on the tightrope and in the exemption-chain challenge feels very legitimate and I think the way he's taking control is natural so I'd be surprised if it was him. Shaun isn't the mole, flat out no way, too many things he's done don't mesh with it. I don't think it's Nick for similar reasoning to you.

Kerries someone that's 'in-limbo' for me too, a lot of the time her reaction to things (For instance the library exemption-type challenge) really felt awkward and contrived and she'd fit in what the mole editing would want ie. "Most trusted player being the mole" even though I don't really get why she's being trusted to begin with. Oh and your point about Aishia not being the mole due to Mozzie's answers makes sense but the thing is I think Sam could easily have lied?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Spoiler:
big lean on AISHA after episode 7. ONLY because of certain camera shots from the early episodes. After I saw a few things I paid more attention to her and saw some fishy things.
ALLY, ALEX, KERRIE, SHAUN DEF NOT MOLE. I honestly don't think it's a guy.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 8, Effulgence wrote:
In post 5, Blackberry wrote:
Spoiler:
My #1 suspect is Hillal although I've seen other forums where everyone else is confident it isn't him. Erin is my #2 suspect. If it isn't one of those 2 - I will be surprised. Alex was originally my top suspect but he's gone down quite a bit.

The only reason I've ruled out Aisha is because of "Mozzies quiz info" that Sam gave her. Ally would surprise me the most.

I really don't think it's Nick because he made a coded journal which is something I did (as a non-mole player) when I played in real life once so people couldn't read what I wrote -- but this is something conceivable for the Mole to do to trick people... Although it was very impractical and I kept forgetting what my codes were
Spoiler:
Yeah, I'd be most shocked if it was Ally too, she's just an overly passionate contestant. Alex's suspicion of Sam and the way he treated him on the tightrope and in the exemption-chain challenge feels very legitimate and I think the way he's taking control is natural so I'd be surprised if it was him. Shaun isn't the mole, flat out no way, too many things he's done don't mesh with it. I don't think it's Nick for similar reasoning to you.

Kerries someone that's 'in-limbo' for me too, a lot of the time her reaction to things (For instance the library exemption-type challenge) really felt awkward and contrived and she'd fit in what the mole editing would want ie. "Most trusted player being the mole" even though I don't really get why she's being trusted to begin with. Oh and your point about Aishia not being the mole due to Mozzie's answers makes sense but the thing is I think Sam could easily have lied?
Spoiler:
I don't think Sam lied - I think technically Mozzie could have lied to Sam, but Sam didn't lie to Aisha because A: he had it written down ahead of time and B: if you're going to lie to someone what I would do is say "Mozzie split his quiz on A, B and C" where a-c are people I suspect most so that Aisha won't suspect them anymore. =P
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 am

Post by Faraday »

I can't find episode 7 on the site o_0 Am I just being dumb?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 11, Faraday wrote:I can't find episode 7 on the site o_0 Am I just being dumb?
6 and 7 are one long episode.

should be like 90 min long.

atleast I presumed this.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh, that makes sense. Seen it then.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 7, Blackberry wrote:
In post 6, Faraday wrote:Just watched the first 4 episodes.
Spoiler:

Spoiler: After Seeing the 7th Episode
Ya, I didn't know what to think of Linda either and has her in my top 4 potentials. But then she got eliminated. And Alex is drawing way too much suspiscion from the editing in this episode - so I'm thinking it might not be him.

Shaun and Kerrie are both in limbo for me. I really don't think it's either of them... But it's always a possibility. For Shaun: It's difficult to conceive why a player wouldn't look in the boxes though - for all he knew there could be a box with 1 Freebie in it (and I think there might have been a box with freebies of some sort) - I don't remember if someone took Exemption #7. Still better than nothing...
Spoiler:
I'll be really shocked if it's Alex, I don't think he'll win either, though. I enjoy watching him though.

Shaun just comes across as kinda genuine + the thing on the beach he seemed genuinely like he'd found something? I don't think there was any freebies actually left though, but even so I found the whole "let's not take money", retarded. I mean, uh, people going first took exemptions and I guess you want to be stubborn but if you end up winning you've cost yourself 5k?

My only hesitation with Hilal is that he's been helpful (Oh look how much of a team player I am) to the point it'd be weird for the mole to take that strategy? Or at the very least, not very interesting. He's still pretty suspicious as he just seems sketchy, but I can't recall too much actual things of sabotage he's done so far, could be biding his time.

Aisha and Erin are both POE mole reads, neither would surprise me at all
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 am

Post by Faraday »

Spoiler:
I guess it could be kerrie given that uh, Linda trusted her and went home but that seems a bit obvious? IDK
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by Blackberry »

http://vidto.me/tdp932liwvvc.html OH LOOK IT'S MY BDAY ^_^ *cough* episodes 8 & 9 *cough*
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 16, Blackberry wrote:http://vidto.me/tdp932liwvvc.html OH LOOK IT'S MY BDAY ^_^ *cough* episodes 8 & 9 *cough*
Ok, I'm only 15 minutes into the episode and THE MOLE almost has to be...

Spoiler:
Erin

I'll laugh when at the Final Four she gets terminated and I'm left utterly shocked. :lol:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 17, Blackberry wrote:
In post 16, Blackberry wrote:http://vidto.me/tdp932liwvvc.html OH LOOK IT'S MY BDAY ^_^ *cough* episodes 8 & 9 *cough*
Ok, I'm only 15 minutes into the episode and THE MOLE almost has to be...

Spoiler:
Erin

I'll laugh when at the Final Four she gets terminated and I'm left utterly shocked. :lol:
The train challenge further supports this Mole suspect. This suspect seems to KNOW THE RULES (she doesn't seem to question anything, asked a distracting question 'What did the last person have?', and the particular luggage this suspect =\ *had*) and isn't as panicked as everyone else is when the train first approaches

PS

Spoiler:
Kerrie seems to be the smart one that realizes it didn't matter what she did, the game was over the moment Erin didn't board the train >_>.

What Ally did in the Zip Line game is exactly what I would have down. And I disagree with what the other players said, it isn't a bad selfish for her to take them out of play so that they focus on money...
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Faraday »

Spoiler:
Hillall has a fair few town tells here, it's the first time he seemed worried about his safety + his reaction winning the exemption seemed weird. The Aisha thing was WEIRD. I can only see hilall as the mole in the guys and that's fading -- Nick's reads/thought process seem very nuanced and hard to fake.

Erin/Aisha are both still possible for me and prob my 2 favourites, followed by um I guess kerrie/hilallllll

Although they made it way too obvious that Alex was going in the editing, I think.

I really want Shaun to be the mole, just for the sheer way he gets away with being bad at stuff and the audacity, but I think it's unlikely.
Effulgence
Effulgence
Townie
Effulgence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by Effulgence »

Spoiler:
Sad that Alex left, he was my favourite contestant by far.

I'd have done Sam's idea in the challenge (ie. Smashing all of the personal benefits) since it's optimal to increase money in the pot an it's also optimal to prevent others from potentially attaining an advantage over you. Kind of surprised that people didn't understand that and got mad at Ally, really the argument that she's being selfish is shit considering for her 'turn' she asked for money in the pot and nothing for her.

I agree that Hillall town-told so to speak during the episode and happy rule him out now. I think Erins odds of being the mole increase a lot and I'm not sure what to make of Aishia anymore? I'd probably say it's either Erin or Kerrie right now (Seriously why are people ruling her out?)
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 20, Effulgence wrote:
Spoiler:
Sad that Alex left, he was my favourite contestant by far.

I'd have done Sam's idea in the challenge (ie. Smashing all of the personal benefits) since it's optimal to increase money in the pot an it's also optimal to prevent others from potentially attaining an advantage over you. Kind of surprised that people didn't understand that and got mad at Ally, really the argument that she's being selfish is shit considering for her 'turn' she asked for money in the pot and nothing for her.

I agree that Hillall town-told so to speak during the episode and happy rule him out now. I think Erins odds of being the mole increase a lot and I'm not sure what to make of Aishia anymore? I'd probably say it's either Erin or Kerrie right now (Seriously why are people ruling her out?)
Actually, you make a really good point.

"Why am I ruling Kerrie out"... Now that I think of it, I HAVE NO CLUE! :eek:

The one weird thing with her is: she was offered an exemption for half the pot in the very first episode. Later in that round that Exemption was taken away from her and put back up for grabs for anyone to take... I didn't see her seem overly upset or talk about it being unfair.

Literally, that chain challenge turned the half the pot into exemption thing into a lie. You'd think she'd be more upset about that... :P

But at this point I'll go with:

Spoiler:
#1 Erin, #2 Hillal, #3 Kerrie

Erin - Lots of things in the last episode: her plane incident, she had the key luggage and was in power to win or lose the train mission. Her slip in the second mission, which lost them money even though she stayed on >_>. Her personality seems like she could be the mole - nothing overly genuine from her.

For Hillal - I always choose the nice, unassuming guy as The Mole when I host, and people never get it right till the end... LOL. Plus, why would a *player* give his exemption away - for all he knows Aisha could have went home with his exemption in her hand... I don't get why he was excited after the train mission began and they left. They got their answer wrong in the plane challenge. He screwed up the hidden picture mission by stealing Shaun's answer. In the sand challenge, he literally put sand ON TOP of where it was supposed to be.

MAYBE Kerrie...

Shaun & Nick are on the probably not list. The last 3 are ruled out.

Sam is playing too hard to be the Mole. Aisha I think has been to genuine during parts. Ally is to emotional and is also my favorite ^_^.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:09 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Spoiler:
aisha or erin still the guesses.
the shot of three people when i forget who said something during the execution were ERIN then AISHA then SHAUN. mb those three f3 or some shit. SPECULATIONS!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Faraday »

Someone run a mish mash version of the mole plz! Watching this would make it fun to play one
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

/in
green shirt thursdays

Return to “General Discussion”