Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Unvote
. Reading.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

SMUDGER. Who is scum, and why?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Alduskkel »

These are my notes on this game, please read it if you enjoy watching someone slowly lose their sanity
Spoiler: Notes
Key: absta101 -> absta, Alabaska J->AJ, Bub Bidderskins->Bub, DCLXVI->DCL, Generic->Gen, Kid A->Kid A, Kingsrush->KR, levio->levio, NotThePope->NTP, Om of the Nom->Om, RadiantCowbells->RC, Smudger->Smudger, TMTOLBTWNTOF->TMT, yessiree -> yessiree

23 (DCL) - Minor RVS backpedaling by DCL. I would have expected DCL to stick to his guns instead of argue semantics over "serious" vs. "
more
serious."
24 (NTP) - Would have expected NTP to vote for DCL after calling him out. Instead shifts to RC. AJ spots this in 25.
26 (Smudger) - Inappropriate RVS vote. Really should have had something to say by then.
38-40 (Kid A, RC, Gen) - Ditto. Where's the content? Some points for wagoning though.
42 & 43 (absta) - I might be biased, but I like this pair of posts.
44 (NTP) - NTP spends an awful lot of time arguing with DCL in defense of Bub. Especially considering that NTP is voting for RC.
49 (absta) - Good point against AJ.
51 (Bub) - And Bub manages to show exactly why wagons move the day along. Also, he calls NTP town. Definite link, but that doesn't mean much while they're both still alive.
54 (NTP) - What is this hydra bullshit. One head thinks RC is town and the other thinks he's scum. Great.
58 (Smudger) - No stance taking, but I'll hold my judgment until his next post.
65 & 66 (KR & Kid A) - Thanks for the input...
79 (Om) - Case on NTP feels padded, but at the same time I can't say that NTP is very townish.
98 (levio) - So levio is annoyed that people don't think absta is scum but levio isn't even voting absta, she's voting NTP.
I guess levio's newbTown, but the .gif avatar and the run-on writing style just makes her posts annoying to read.
105 (RC) - Good post.
112 (Smudger) - I still don't know who you think is scum. Looks like absta was thinking the same thing (114).
119 (Smudger) - Trying to discredit Bub. Kind of like OMGUS, except without a vote and actually scummy.
132 (Kid A) - Bad vote on RC. Wouldn't call it scummy, though.
137 (RC) - Also a bad vote on Kid A. Should have stuck with the DCL vote.
152 (absta) - I guess this is a decent point about AJ. I'm not "feeling" AJ as scum though, but that might change depending on what I see as I catch up.
157 (AJ) - Satisfies me somewhat... still think that AJ is placing less pressure on Bub than one would expect from town. Though AJ is hardly the only one to do this.
I'm a little weary of someone with "Best Mafia Performance" under their username, though. I don't know how recent that is.
160 (Kid A) - Blunt. I kinda like it.
159-162 - People need to learn to cut down their quotes. It reduces clutter.
169 (Smudger) - It's around this time that I realize that half the players in this game will OMGUS at the drop of a hat.
176 (N) - This is some of the most scattered voting I've ever seen. With only Gen not voting anyone, 9/13 players have a vote on them, and no one has 3 or more votes. Also these jokes really are extremely shitty.
206 (DCL) - Nothing scummy, but I don't see any new scumhunting from a player who has just been sitting on a levio vote for what seems like forever.
231 & 232 (NTP, Om) - Agree with Om's analysis for the most part. Definitely think NTP is exaggerating his case on Gen massively.
242 (yessiree) - Wow, thanks for quoting Generic's posts about NTP. I can't think of a feature literally encoded into mafiascum that could have enabled me to find this information myself. This will greatly help my analysis of Generic, which is important because you didn't provide any yourself.
248 (yessiree) - You've got to be fucking kidding me. Could you be any more useless? You're not fooling me with your smilies.
233-249 and so on - Feeling better about DCL after this exchange with Om. Had a scum read on DCL, but this bumps him up to null.
251 (NTP) - Can I just say how shitty the bolded-replies-within-the-quote system of responding is? I would literally prefer a series of broken up quotes, even though that's cluttery as hell too.
NotThePope wrote:What makes those games take prominence over this one? Maybe the fact he [Generic] ALREADY KNOWS THE SCUMTEAM
Do you read what you type?
255 (N) - The real shitty jokes are the ones that people are trying to pass off as cases in this game.
260 (RC) - Well, at least this case is well-constructed for a change. But I feel like it fails to account for the fact that Kid A is a wildcard/newbTown.
278 & 279 (Smudger) - I will grant Smudger that this is a legitimate callout of DCL and RC, respectively.
295, 296, 300 (yessiree (x2), Kid A) - This game. This fucking game. Is ridiculous.

CONCLUSIONS:
This game is plagued by inactivity and players of questionable quality. The Kid A wagon sucks and is exactly the sort of wagon I would expect to come out of a game like this (i.e., let's wagon a player for bad reasons because he can't defend himself well).

List of players who have a vote on someone but aren't actually pressuring that person: Alabaska J, Kid A, Smudger, TMT.
In addition, yessiree and NTP both need to just plain get it together.

Quick list of pending questions (mostly for my benefit): Kid A needs to answer more clearly why an NTP lynch gets more info, DCL should probably followup on #207 somehow, and yessiree should actually analyze the players he is basically posting the ISOs of.

@Om and/or Generic: Convince me that NTP is scum.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Alduskkel »

As awesome as a Generic-Om-Ald town voting bloc would be, I can't bring myself to vote NTP at the moment. Generic's case is too much relational tells and "I hate hydras" and Om's case is too much stretching and gut (which sound like unfortunate medical side effects).

NTP just reads too much like a disorganized hydra rather than scum.

I'll do a bit of meta research later and if I don't like what I see I'll probably vote NTP. (I'll mainly be looking for quality of scumhunting in other games.)

(I'd vote Smudger except that I actually sort of like his recent posts. Ugh.)
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 330, NotThePope wrote:The hydra dissonance will be addressed, do not fret
- TIP
How so, and by when?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Alduskkel »

@Generic: I don't know you from anywhere, I just think you and Om are town and have your heads screwed on reasonably straight.

@Alabaska: DCL's case on Om was really bad. But why is it scummy? Om doesn't strike me as a good target for scum DCL.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote: NotThePope

I am also open to a DCL or Smudger lynch if either ever get any traction.

Kid A is a stupid lynch because the case on him is way too superficial. It doesn't show why he (as scum) is more likely to coy about his NTP vote. RC's case is better than all the people just sheeping the Kid A wagon but it's still stretched.

I'm going with an NTP vote because they seriously aren't scumhunting, unless you call fruitless bantering with Generic and Kid A scumhunting.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Smudger, the reason I would be willing to lynch you is that you've basically done no scumhunting until now (and doing it now isn't enough to earn a town read).

If RC is scum for making a case but then simply sitting on it and not doing anything else, what does that say about all the people sheeping RC?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Why?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 389, RadiantCowbells wrote:The NTP wagon sucks and everyone on it is earning themselves huge scumpoints.
God forbid I earn huge scumpoints while trying to lynch scum.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm starting to think that plonking the end of Day 1 in the middle of the Marathon wasn't a good idea.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I should point out that the deadline is in 2 days (plus 5 hours).
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I think NTP should claim.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I definitely don't want NTP alive at lylo. And I definitely don't see what's unlikely about it as a fakeclaim.

It's not like "Bomb" is some super duper pro-town role. We aren't losing much even if he is Town.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Damn, I thought Mutley hammered.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Probably the kind of Bomb that's described on the wiki.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

By the way, unless I stay up until 6 a.m. there's no way I'll be online at deadline.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Alduskkel »

^Confused by Kid A's posts up there...

Anyway, NTP flipped scum and DCL flipped town. Not too surprised by the first result (although my scum read was far from solid), but a bit by the second one. Well, having a wrong scumread get NK'd is basically the best possible outcome (short of correcting the read).

Kid A is still town.

I'm planning on skimming this game over and looking for NTP interactions. RC, bub, and yessiree are the obvious people to scrutinize. If I recall correctly, though, RC was the one to make the case against Kid A, and bub was heavily invested in Kid A over NTP as well. I would expect scum trying to save NTP would be more inclined to support the Kid A wagon from the sidelines. I doubt BOTH scum bussed NTP though, unless one or both of them were people late to the party (e.g. Smudger).

Anyway, I'll get back to you guys with more analysis later today or tomorrow.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I would like to point out how much of a wildcard TMT is. Only person not voting Kid A or NTP at the end of the day, not to mention he's been lurking pretty hard.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Gonna do this piece by piece.

Step 1: Review my notes from when I first replace into this game. Write notes on the notes.
Spoiler: Notes on my Notes
24: NTP avoids DCL and goes for RC. Odd. Normally I'd say that this implies RC is town but NTP was avoiding town in the first place.
44: Increasingly it becomes clear to me that there is a heavy link between NTP and Bub that goes both ways. It's almost too obvious.
51: I actually point out the presence of a link if one of them flips scum... and look where we are.
Well, that didn't take that long.

Step 2: Iso NTP.
Spoiler: Notes on NTP
0: Kicks off with a vote on Kid A. Prophetic, but probably not meaningful.
3 & 7: Dat defense of Bub.
5: Accuses Alabaska of attacking him (NTP) in order to defend levio (Muttley). I'm guessing both Alabaska and levio/Muttley are town.
10 & 11: Fake intra-hydra arguing over whether RC is town. Hmm. Kid A calls this out in post 66. Either Kid A's brilliant here, he's scum, or it's a total coincidence. I know, great analysis by yours truly.
13: Lot of vote hopping from Alabaska to RC to Kingsrush (Om).
14: Bit of patting Kid A on the back buried in here. Says that there are 2 scum in RC/KR/DCL/Smudger. Somehow I doubt that.
21: Stupid, transient vote on yessiree.
Interlude: 217 is when Kid A votes NTP. NTP posts 25-29 (220-251) before mentioning Kid A's vote. Doesn't vote Kid A while there's only 1 vote on him (Kid A), waits until there are FOUR. Definite opportunism by NTP. This pretty much confirms to me that Kid A is town.
37: Doesn't want to LEAD the Kid A wagon. Apparently either convinced that Kid A will dig his own hole or he wants someone else to lead the wagon, e.g. RC. Meanwhile, NTP accuses all 3 people on his wagon (Om, Gen, Kid A) of being scum.

Step 3: Check the Vote Counts. Try not to cringe at all the shitty jokes.
Spoiler: Before Kid A wagon formation
37: NotThePope ( 2 ) yessiree , levio
77: NotThePope ( 3 ) levio , RadiantCowbells , Kid A
100: NotThePope ( 4 ) levio , RadiantCowbells , Kid A , Om of the Nom
121, 153: NotThePope ( 2 ) levio , Om of the Nom
176: NotThePope ( 1 ) Om of the Nom
230, 255: NotThePope ( 3 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A

Spoiler: After Kid A wagon formation
308: NotThePope ( 3 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A
Kid A ( 3 ) RadiantCowbells , DCLXVI , yessiree
331, 351: NotThePope ( 3 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A
Kid A ( 5 ) RadiantCowbells , DCLXVI , yessiree , Bub Bidderskins , NotThePope
376, 388: NotThePope ( 5 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A , Alduskkel , Alabaska J
466, 489: NotThePope ( 6 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A , Alduskkel , Alabaska J , Mutleyddmc
501: NotThePope ( 7 ) Om of the Nom , Generic , Kid A , Alduskkel , Alabaska J , Mutleyddmc , Smudger

Spoiler: Analysis of Vote Counts/Noteworthy Things
levio's vote on NTP was sticky early on. Took until Muttley for it to go back on, though.
My vote and Alabaska's really sold the Kid A vs. NTP thing.
Om, Generic, and Kid A were the ones most consistently on NTP.
RC was the one most consistently on Kid A. RC was the one to actually go to the trouble of creating a case.
Until me and Alabaska tied things up, Bub and NTP's votes were putting Kid A fairly in the lead. (5 to 3)
Mutley's L-1 vote seemed to tip the scales against NTP. NTP's lynch certainly wasn't guaranteed; both Smudger and TMT were keeping their cards close to their chest, so if Mutley had decided to vote Kid A instead... well, Day 2 might have looked very different.

Step 4: Reread the game.
I'll get back to you on that. Main things on the to-do list are to decide if the Bub-NTP connection is town-scum or scum-scum, figure out what TMT's deal even is, check if yessiree is a semi-lurking scumbag, figure out what it means that RC made a case against Kid A and then didn't say much at all afterward, and analyze Smudger's hammer.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Hurray for you... have a cookie.

Got anything else to say?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 am

Post by Alduskkel »

What do you think of Smudger and TMT?

@TMT: By wildcard I mean you are the odd man out. The only one not on either of the two leading wagons Day 1. Couple your lack of interactions with your sparse posting and you're just plain difficult to read.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 am

Post by Alduskkel »

This is probably irrelevant but:
In post 592, Om of the Nom wrote:Generic I really had no idea what you were trying to aim for with your fishing accusation so please enlighten me on what was fishing because I don't see anything :')
Why in the world did you go with the :') smiley? Are you crying tears of joy that Generic is accusing you of fishing?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:02 am

Post by Alduskkel »

btw happy scumday!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Can we not lynch Bub just yet? At the very least I'd like to iso him, if not reread (re-skim) Day 1.

Also we're all of about, what, 2 days into Day 2? We've got time, people.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Limited Access for the next 2 days.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:02 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Confusing. Everyone not on NTP's wagon aside from NTP has flipped town except yessiree. And Smudger is still debatable if he counts as being on the NTP wagon.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 am

Post by Alduskkel »

TMT kill seems more like a pro-town kill (i.e. vigilante) than an anti-town kill. Why would the Mafia or a hypothetical SK want to take out a lurking lurker who lurks?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:06 am

Post by Alduskkel »

RC's death loosely implicates Kid A. That's not enough to convince me that Kid A is scum, though.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Well, it's important not to accidentally out who the Vig is with all this speculation.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:57 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote: Smudger

Pretty much what Om's been saying. I would like to add to it though. For starters, Smudger, for all this talk of NTP's meta being different, you failed to mention that at all on Day 1. So your attempts to bring it up as your retroactive reasoning on Day 3 just look like you're trying to make it look like you weren't bussing. Furthermore:
Smudger wrote:As for scum hunting I am looking, my opening post today D3 was to get people looking for scum by looking at the reasons why each of the NKs was killed and then look at who was riding whose wagon etc, you have come in here and put together a crap case against me for trying to hunt, so most of my effort has been trying to combat your weak subjective case.
Just reads as an excuse to not scumhunt.

@Om: You don't usually post this much text in my experience. Why the change?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:13 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Can you link me to a game where you got into a wall fight? Preferably the most recent one available that's not ongoing.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Was that the only reason you thought NTP was scum?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:24 am

Post by Alduskkel »

On a related note, you claim that you were hesitant to choose between NTP and Kid A because both seemed scummy. Why did Kid A seem scummy
on Day 1
specifically?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Alright, we have to slow the fuck down on Day 4. Especially since that will probably be lylo, unless Smudger's bluffing right now.

Seriously, I put Smudger at L-3 only 7.5 hours ago.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

First of all, no one vote hastily, since one mislynch will cost us the game.

Second of all, I think now is the time for a mass claim. I'd like it to be yessiree first, then Mutley, then Kid A, then Om, then Generic, then myself. But I really only care about yessiree and Mutley going first, since I'm fairly sure they are the last two scum.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Okay, I did NOT expect that. Hmm.

That means one of Om and yessiree (or both, but we'll decide that later) is scum. Still think it's probably yessiree...?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

yessiree, I'm probably going to vote you after other people have had a chance to check in and claim.

Your job, if you are town, is to convince me that Om is scum (and that you're town). Go.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't understand why you only have two results but we've had three nights.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Alright, your day play is shockingly fitting with the results you claim yessiree.

If you won't answer Om, then I'll ask: Why did you choose RC, Kid A, and then Om?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@Generic: Why did you ask yessiree in post 742 what his read on Kid A was?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Gonna hit the road for a bit (heading off to San Diego for Comic Con related stuff), even though yessiree is probably scum please do not quicklynch anyone like in the previous two days.

I should still have access, just a bit limited (and I'll be busy too).
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

For the record, I'll be back sometime on Sunday. I might be tired though when I get back.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Quick post to say that I think the point of no lynching is so that yessiree gets another result. If he dies, then we just auto-lynch Om.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

We should probably wait for Generic to return, though, so that he can post his thoughts before -- I would guess -- dying.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 890, The Knight-Errant wrote:So Om's obviously scum. But why would they take out yessiree which PROVES Om is scum, instead of trying to get yessiree lynched?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't think there's an advantage to lynching Om. We already KNOW he is scum and that he was content with letting us know that. That means he might be vengeful or some bullshit like that. More importantly, if we lynch Om then we just lose another townie, probably Generic. Which means less town heads working together to sort things out.

Perhaps we should all work to figure out who Om's partner is, then just auto-lynch him on Day 6?

I mean, what do we gain from lynching Om now?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Oh, right. Kid A's confirmed town.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

And if it's Generic then I'll eat my hat.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I told Generic not to neighborize anyone because Om claimed scum in the QT and I was suspicious of a scum PGO or something.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Shrug. I said it in the QT and I'll say it here. I don't see the advantage to having Kid A in the QT.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

For some reason Kid A didn't register as confirmed town, though.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In my head, that is.

Also, if we lynch Om now then I guess we just lose Kid A. Hmm.

Feeling nervous about Generic-scum all of a sudden. Since I thought yessiree was scum and Om was town...
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I said I was pretty sure Om was town, and Generic agreed to recruit him.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Well, there goes the Day 5 time for discussion.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (isolation #55) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Mutley you are an idiot, that doesn't work.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (isolation #56) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm just going to iso everyone alive tonight (except myself and Kid A).
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

How are you sure?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #58) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So let me get this straight. Firstly, you are 100% positive that Generic is not scum so you're just going to vote right away.

Secondly, between me and Generic, at least one of us (probably both of us) is town, and therefore we could just post anything from the quicktopic here. So the fact that you weren't neighborized doesn't mean shit. Furthermore, I'm not the damn Neighborizer, Generic is, so blaming me for the actions he takes is preposterous.

Why don't you unvote and take it slow?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (isolation #59) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Except Kid A probably would have voted you without much hesitation.

I never forced Generic to not neighborize anyone. He agreed to it.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (isolation #60) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 848, Kid A wrote:VOTE: mutley

only one scum in yes/om and i townread ala and gen
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (isolation #61) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't think Kid A ever indicated suspecting me, but he definitely suspected you.

Generic and I were BOTH fairly confident that Om was town. Generic hasn't tried to neighborize anyone since Om.

As for "auto-lynching" Om if yessiree dies -- well, I was hoping for more discussion than what we got. That, and we didn't really gain anything from lynching Om. Note that Om self-hammered, i.e. it was pro-scum for him to get lynched that quickly.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #62) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So, to clarify, by auto-lynch I did not mean speedlynch. I just meant that Om should be lynched without question, since he was 100% scum. That doesn't mean we don't want about things before doing that.

P-Edit: Actually, the meta I found was that the hydra parts DO scumhunt more as town. I guess I didn't note that -- it wasn't a huge difference, but it was enough. I wouldn't say their scumhunting is "quality" but more effort was shown than in this game.

I will confess that my NTP read was never strong but I got on the wagon because Kid A was definitely town and NTP was at least somewhat scummy.

P-Edit x2: Do you mean, who brought Om up first as someone to be neighborized, or who first mentioned Om at all? Or who first mentioned Om as town?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I was the first one to both call Om town AND to suggest him as a neighbor. However, I did specifically recommend Alabaska over Om during Night 2.

I'll get back to you on the NTP meta thing. I'll see if I can figure out from my browser history what games I was looking at.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #64) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 846, Generic wrote:We both chose alabaska as 2nd neighbour, and the final choice was om who I had read town on right up until yessiree dropped that bombshell.
"Wary to vote" means very little when half the lynches in this game have been altogether too rapid. (Bub and Om in particular.)

Also, the 2nd on the wagon thing is silly. You can't apply rules like that to Mafia.

"Trying too hard to be town," huh? I'd like to see evidence of that. Telling people to slow down was legitimate advice.

I did iso you and Generic. There's not a lot to get from your iso, but Generic seems town.

No one was neighborized after Om because Om was acting super smug so I got paranoid and suggest there was something weird going on like a scum PGO. (We would lose if town Generic targeted a PGO.)
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (isolation #65) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 944, Mutleyddmc wrote:Wanna bet that I cant apply that rule. Its true here and it will be true over 50% of the time
Got the stats to back that up?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (isolation #66) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I acted paranoid because I was paranoid.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (isolation #67) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Well, if Generic isn't hammering, he's town, or scum who's fucking with us (that would be cruel, though).

Vote: Mutley
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (isolation #68) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't know why neither of us thought to bring Kid A in.

You'll also have to ask Generic why he didn't neighborize you. I didn't have much to do with that decision last Night.

The problem with making a case on you is that you and levio have done next to nothing. Hell, it was GENERIC who convinced me not to townread your slot (I was townreading based on levio's play, a mistake apparently). It's honestly easier to show that I'm town and that you're scum by process of elimination.

That said, I will re-iso you and levio as soon as I get the time. The marathon levels of activity here are preventing me from doing so, though.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (isolation #69) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (isolation #70) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't know what's worse, if Generic's scum or if Mutley's scum.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (isolation #71) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I think Generic must be scum -- if he were town he would have taken more time.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (isolation #72) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Town lost. GG
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #73) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 964, Generic wrote:I did, you chose to ignore me so I chose to not wait.
I ignored... what exactly?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (isolation #74) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I think I have to head back to Newbie Games after this. Town reading Om AND Generic hurts. The fucking bussing... goddamn. Scum HAD to have had daytalk this game, there's no other way to account for their coordination.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (isolation #75) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Yeah, that's why you don't vote in your first goddamn post in lylo Mutley.

And no, everything did NOT point to me.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #76) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I got played. I got played this entire game. That's the worst part. I will never live post 328 down either.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (isolation #77) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't even know where to start. I feel like I need to reread this whole game.

I'm never going to trust Om or Generic again.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (isolation #78) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

How is Neighborizer overpowered?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (isolation #79) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Also, no fucking daytalk? Are you serious? That NTP bus uncoordinated? You must be joking.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (isolation #80) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@Om: That's all well and good except that assuming Generic was town I had no idea if there was a Mafia PR or not. For all I knew Mutley was a Bulletproof Roleblocker.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #81) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I can't believe how hard both you and Generic bussed NTP. I mean, you come in and IMMEDIATELY call out NTP as scum, and Generic was having issues with him on
page 2
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (isolation #82) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Om actually almost screwed the scumteam over though, because his excessive smugness while being lynched made me suspicious. (Not suspicious enough, though.)
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (isolation #83) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

WIFOM games weren't needed because once you get me
considering
WIFOM games then I actually become less sure that Generic is town. If you were like, "Noo, don't lynch me :(" I wouldn't have thought twice about it.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #84) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I guarantee I feel worse. How would you feel if you spent the game townreading 2 of the members of the scumteam, and essentially being buddy buddies with one for over 2 weeks 24 hours a day only to get backstabbed in the end?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #85) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Goddamnit Om I am reading the dead QT and you are LAUGHING AT ME
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (isolation #86) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't think I've ever been this wrong in a Mafia game before.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (isolation #87) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

There's always the Scummies. I'm not usually one to nominate, but I might consider it. Can't exactly nominate only Om and you, though. (It's either the whole team or just one.)

I'd prefer to see the input of the other townies first.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (isolation #88) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Stats on my freakout:
24 posts over the course of 49 minutes, 1:25-2:14 a.m. my time.

(It sort of started at 117 but it really got going at 133.)

@Mutley: The real mistake was not neighborizing Kid A. I suppose I could have tried to get Generic to neighborize you, but I didn't really care, and since I thought Generic was town and he was suggesting I as scum WANTED you in the QT I didn't want to piss him off so I just let him do his own thing.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (isolation #89) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:08 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Read the review QT. I do think Odd-Night, Non-Consecutive, or 2-Shot on the Vigilante would have been better. In practice, the Town gained little from a single vig kill. Bodyguard isn't very good either. Gunsmith was legitimately powerful, I'll grant.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (isolation #90) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:32 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Still think that Alabaska was essentially a 1-shot Vig, which is very awkward without a way to head back to odd numbers. "Countering" a bodyguard attempt is unneeded, you only have to deal with it once, and you still get a kill in. Scum has no protection from Vig kills, but neither does the Town really -- Vigilante is a very swingy role whose power is highly dependent on the skill of the player.

I'm not saying that we lost because Alabaska was Even-Night instead of Odd-Night. (I doubt it would have changed the result.) I just think that the Vigilante is not as powerful as intended. The odds of making it to Night 4 are very very low (8/13 players will be dead).

On another note, I think in the Neighbor QT after I got paranoid Generic got paranoid to look more town. I was thinking that, but I didn't mention it. If Generic were town I didn't want to upset
his
town read of me.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (isolation #91) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 am

Post by Alduskkel »

N2/N3 only Vig? Not a very elegant solution though. Downright weird, honestly.

IDK. The "only 1 death N1" thing is perfectly valid, I'll admit.

Maybe 1-shot Doctor instead of Bodyguard? I might be biased against the Bodyguard role though; it seems very lackluster to me.

Although, 1-shot Doctor might actually have been overly powerful if it had been around to protect yessiree.

Weird thing is, in the original setup there was a delayed kill mechanic coupled with a Watcher, which is exactly something I've been considering (only, the delayed kill would be the Mafia kill, and there would be a 1-shot Vigilante or something). But then I decided that that would just be pointlessly messing with the Town (in my version, anyway).
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Finally got around to nominating Generic for a Scummy. 2nd me if you like.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”