NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5000 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Rena
bulb
ctd
Cephir
nacho
bacde
^
the last 4 scum be in there
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:59 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

One-Hundred-Twenty-Fourth Votecount
:
(Sixth Votecount of Day Four,
AKA, the "Time for Lunch!" votecount.
)

Bulbazak - 5 (Human Destroyer, Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie)

PeregrineV - 4 (Nachomamma8, ffullisade, Cephrir, Desperado)

Nachomamma8 - 2 (Bacde, PeregrineV)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)

Not Voting - 3 (Rena, Amethyst Kitty, penguin_alien)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Four's deadline is Wednesday, July 31st, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-07-31 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
Bulbazak - 5 (Human Destroyer, Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald,
CrashTextDummie
)
PeregrineV - 4 (Nachomamma8, ffullisade, Cephrir, Desperado)
Nachomamma8 - 2 (Bacde, PeregrineV)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Rena - 0 (
penguin_alien
)

Not Voting - 3 (Rena, Amethyst Kitty,
penguin_alien
)
Last votecount was page 200, post 4977.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D4
CrashTextDummie: Nero Cain->Bulbazak
Cephrir: Rena->PeregrineV
Nachomamma8: PeregrineV
PeregrineV: Nachomamma8
Nero Cain: Bulbazak
Bacde: Nachomamma8
Bulbazak: Nero Cain
Desperado: Amethyst Kitty->PeregrineV
penguin_alien: Rena ->Unvote
Seanald: Bulbazak
ThAdmiral: Bulbazak
Rena:
Amethyst Kitty:
ffullisade: PeregrineV
Human Destroyer: Bulbazak

Spoiler: Vote History D4
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 07:28a,
Human Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4831.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:11a,
Nero Cain
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4832.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:15a,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4833.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:24p,
Bulbazak
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4836.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:33p,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 4838.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 02:26p,
PeregrineV
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4867.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 05:18p,
Nachomamma8
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4870.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 06:04p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4871.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:38a,
Desperado
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 4879.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:10p,
ThAdmiral
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4899.
On Sun, Jul 7/14/13 @ 04:25p,
Seanald
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4937.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 00:12a,
penguin_alien
votes
Rena
in post 4942.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:10p,
ffullisade
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4960.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:15p,
Cephrir
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4961.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 05:05p,
Desperado
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4965.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 07:22p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4966.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 10:30a,
penguin_alien
unvotes
Rena
in post 4998.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 4964, Amethyst Kitty wrote:@HD:

Is there any way you can explain on the Mala meta part more? Did he give you specifics or was it just a gut feel?
1. No
2. He didn't give me specifics, but didn't specify whether it was gut or not.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 am

In post 5000, Nero Cain wrote:Rena
bulb
ctd
Cephir
nacho
bacde
^
Replace Ceph with Peregrine and Nacho with ThAd and I'm happy with this list.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 am

In post 4959, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 4943, Nero Cain wrote:thoughts on Bulb, please dear.
Eh, not a strong town read, but he seems to have decent intentions even if he's a bit paranoid.

Rena, do you agree that both you and ThAd are claiming to have unsuccessful night actions? Do you think you were both blocked? If you're town, wouldn't you be massively suspicious of ThAd and/or Bulbazak?
then again, penguin might be scum too
Are you ready for this?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

<<< Bulbazak has been prodded, and SEVEN people have been poked.
(Among them, mastin2. :P)
Seven out of 15 falling dangerously close to short of activity deadline. That's nearly half the playerlist. That's just sad. And you don't want to make the mod sad. So come in and post! >>>
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 4996, Nero Cain wrote: ????

Why is it nonsensical? I'm fairly certain that I'm able to read. Lets say I go through your games and find a FN. Why or why not should we auto lynch you?
Then why don't you? It would take you all of 5 minutes to check every game I've played in the last 3 years. If you actually thought there was a possibility of catching me with my pants down, there's no reason why you wouldn't have investigated it already.
Nero Cain wrote:Maybe 'cause no one else was like "I'LL PROVIDE THE CONTENT OF MY QT!!!" So I'm confused as to why you said you'd do this, then didn't and why you wanted/needed Slan's permission.
So it's a matter of principle is what you're saying, "CTD said he would, so it's scummy that he doesn't". You don't have any particular interest in the content of our QT vis-a-vis the others. Am I getting this right?

I was going to summarize our QT in the interest of full disclosure because I wanted to lynch Slandaar at the time. When i realized my mistake, there was no reason to go through with it anymore. Slandaar shared some reads with me on N1 that he didn't want out in the open, hence why I wanted to discuss it with him first.

Again, tell me why you find this scummy.
Nero Cain wrote:Are you REALLY giving a reason that Bulb would backtrack? Context says you two are full of it. He's STILL town reading Thad and PV BECAUSE of his theory. AND he's still believes that Sean is scum and in his theory he thinks both teams have a undercover hoodling. So if he believes that and is unwilling revisit THAD or PV then you are the POE scum. I think its likely he has a buddy in you or PV. I'm also not arguing about him setting up a lynch on you. I'm saying that in his theory he has you listed as scum and now he's backing away from calling you scum for some reason.
We are in agreement that Bulba adjusted his reads in a way that doesn't feel kosher, but your deductions don't make much sense at all. Specifically, I don't see any reason why you're not considering Seanald/Despo as Bulba-buddies. The fact that he's not trying to get Seanald lynched despite having him as a scumread along with you strikes me as odd because it would give him further insight into the validity of his theory. This could mean that he's scum with Seanald, but it also makes sense if he's scum with Despo (not wanting to lynch into his neighborhood because it reduces his breathing room).

The fact that you don't even consider this tells me that a)you are not actually thinking things through in a pro-town manner and b)you are going out of your way to tie people to Bulba.

Furthermore, Bulba's play is pretty obviously designed to keep me lynchable down the road (or rather make me lynchable in the first place), making it even more dubious that you'd zero in on me as a Bulba-buddy.
Nero Cain wrote:If you feel this way why do you feel the need to move? Deadline is still aways away.
Because there's an uncanny resistance to your lynch in spite of damning evidence that you're scum.
Because I think Bulba is likely scum as well.
Because I'm willing to compromise in the interest of maintaining momentum (which is low atm).
Because I think the town forces in this game are too fractured and I'm trying to find common ground.
Because while deadline is still not terribly close, I really want to avoid another deadline scramble.

I think it's hilarious that you're questioning the fact that I moved my vote off of you and onto the guy you're trying to lynch tough.

Answer this question straight up, because you've dodged the fuck out of it, Nero:
Why was your vote on Slandaar at the end of the day and not on Bulba? You had to concede the only reason you had given to suspect Slandaar and you had been making a strong case and push against Bulba up until the deadline frenzy.

Additionally, what's you're read on Seanald? I saw him missing from your latest list of suspects and a quick Ctrl F of your ISO reveals that you've largely been ignoring him (the only thing close to an opinion you've voiced was that you preferred neither of you to be lynched when you were competing wagons).
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 am

In post 4848, Bulbazak wrote:2.) My reads are probably askew somewhere. I'm not sure what to think about you and Bacde anymore, especially after your posts at the end of d3. I was getting some genuine emotion from you. Same goes for HD, who, after going through his ISO, still confuses me when it comes to the intent behind his actions. AK essentially sucker punched me yesterday, so I'm not quite sure where I stand on her. I suspect that she's town, but I'm not sure whether I really care if she lives or dies at this point. I'm just going to leave her alone. Finally, Slandaar's flip has made me really paranoid about CTD. He still reads town to me, but he's not as strong of a townread as he used to be.
I still have 2 strong scum reads, which I still trust. However, if I end up being wrong about them, then town might as well put me out of my misery, because I am obviously no use to them.
Read: Bulba is bussing one or both of Nero/Seanald.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 4994, Desperado wrote:
In post 4964, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Hopefully soon you'll meet a player where you treasure their friendship over some silly ingame fight that has no meaning.
That was new.
In post 4995, Desperado wrote:And genuine as hell.
Yeah, that part was the only new thing. I'm sorry I get cranky when I have to say the same thing over again when I'm not being listened too. Don't take it personally.
In post 4997, penguin_alien wrote:I suppose Kublai Khan could have protected a VT claim, which would let Rena have been blocked. I don't love it, but I suppose it works.

PV, do you still trust ThAd? Do you think he trusts you?
In post 4998, penguin_alien wrote:Forgot, UNVOTE: Rena
??

??

@HD:

Okay. I was wondering because I know OM from playing that he uses gut a lot or attempts to try and give meta reasons. I'm surprised he didn't, but it's all good.

@Fery:

Can you explain why you don't like PereV.

I can't ever read him because he lurks hardcore as town or scum.

@Whoeverthismayconcern:

I don't know what Mara thinks, but I'm totes up for lynching Rena today. She's skatey like a string ray. It rubs me hella wrong.

@PereV:

What is he supposed to be looking at in Marketplace Mafia II? I remember playing that vaguely. >.>
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 am

In post 4885, Human Destroyer wrote:Townzorz are Nero, CTD, Bacde, AK, Ceph

Scumzorz are Bulbazak, ThAd, Rena

The rest of you wish you were cool, but really aren't so much.
In post 5003, Human Destroyer wrote:
bulb
ctd
Cephir
nacho
bacde
^
Explain Bacde/CTD.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Desperado »

CTD's 5006 and 5007 are fucking epiphany factories.

CTD, which would be more incriminating for the other IYO: a Nero scum flip or a Bulb scum flip?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nero also appears to have uncanny levels of insight into Bulba's thought process despite thinking he's scum =/

That would be quite a well-manufactured fight in that case, though it would explain why Nero's arguments against Bulb have been terrible.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5011, Cephrir wrote:Nero also appears to have uncanny levels of insight into Bulba's thought process despite thinking he's scum =/

That would be quite a well-manufactured fight in that case, though it would explain why Nero's arguments against Bulb have been terrible.
That was my first thought as well, but neither of them has been making any sense for a while now and all of Bulb's previous quotewall wars eventually ended. Bulb is very calculating as scum (as the scum QT from his game with molla shows), I have no problem believing their fight is SvS.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4997, penguin_alien wrote: PV, do you still trust ThAd? Do you think he trusts you?
I suppose. It would have been nice to have a full conversation last night, and then have 3 kills instead just 2.

Apparently he doesn't trust me anymore, or he got busy last night, since I spammed the QT and got little in return.

However, if he thinks I'm scum, I'd prefer him to tell me, and then mercy kill me instead of wasting a lynch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5008, Amethyst Kitty wrote: @PereV:

What is he supposed to be looking at in Marketplace Mafia II? I remember playing that vaguely. >.>
Politics was Senald Mason-town.
Martkeplace 2 was Seanald scum.
He was also town in 90s cartoon.

I think his style is distinguishable by alignment, if only by his involvement.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Sorry everyone. Been busy, both in real life and in moderating my first game on-site. Going to catch up as quickly as I can while staving off burnout.
In post 4921, Desperado wrote:
In post 4916, Bulbazak wrote: Penguin is trying to soft push my wagon. She talks about how she doesn't think that Khan would jail keep me, simply because I was the counterwagon to Slandaar, which means that she sees me as scummy and is soft pushing my wagon without actually voting for me. Do you think this is an incorrect interpretation of what Penguin said?
Penguin is town and wasn't doing what you say she was doing there. At all.
Point in that she wasn't doing what I thought she was, but I'm still not sure she's town.
In post 4925, Human Destroyer wrote:@Bulb

"+ there's atleast one scum in the neighborhood
s
and Slandaar makes a good bet. CTD might be scum afterall. He's ignoring discussing his neighborhood big time."

That's clearly 2 biggest scumreads from all 3 neighborhoods, hence the bolded pluralization.
So you're agreeing that a scum/scum neighborhood is more likely than both scum in different neighborhoods?
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote:
So you're assuming all of the scum neighbors are in a neighborhood together? As I said yesterday, if scum from 1 team is in a neighborhoods, then scum from the other team is likely in the neighborhoods as well, and I find it highly unlikely that they're both together.
no? I was voting Slan 'cause I thought he was scum. I think CTD was doing some scummy shit and I was slightly paranoid of him. I think you are reeaally stretching here. When you put it like that "they were unlikely to both be scum" it makes some sense but it was never my intention and its stretching and looking awkward as hell to suggest that I knew Slan would flip town and that I said there HAD to be scum in this hood.
I'm just saying that logically scum from both teams are unlikely to be in the same neighborhood. This means that normal thought should be "if not Slandaar then CTD" if you find them both suspicious. I find it scummy that you keep trying to confuse the point by saying, "I see the logic, but let me yell useless crap and say I thought they were both scum in the same neighborhood, rather than admit that I think they were both scum in the same neighborhood or that I was thinking in terms of 'if not A then B'." It's like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too, all while trying to call me scummy for calling you out on it.
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: Though it would be extremely easy for you as scum to go “well, the neighbor flipped town, so the other one must be scum!”
It would, wouldn't it. What does that have to do with this current conversation, especially since that is not what I'm doing?
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: Your entire theory was that both teams had a scum in the hoods and that PV-Thad was a town/town hood, Slan was scum is the hood with Despo and that Slan was scum in his hood.

Slan flipped town. So in your theory
you are calling CTD scum
My neighborhood spec would indicate that, yes. The logical part of me keeps referring to the spec and saying, "CTD scum!", but my instincts counter with "CTD town!". I don't want to just start blindly lynching in the neighborhoods just to prove my spec right, as that will do more harm to the town than good. I'd rather rely on reads at the moment, because my track record with such spec is not good. However, if we lynch scum in one of the neighborhoods, I'll revisit my spec and reevaluate given the flip. The only difference the spec has made is that it has shaken my strong read of CTD. I still have a townread on him, but it's not as strong as before.
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: Are you reevaluating the PV-Thad hood? Apparently not ‘cause you listed both Thad and PV as strong town reads.
Thad is a vig, and I still have a hard time seeing 2 killing roles in the same neighborhood. So far, I've not seen a compelling case on PV.
You even have CTD as a stronger town read then Despo Which makes no sense.
How does it make no sense? My read on CTD wasn't shaken enough to make him a weaker read than Desp, who only became a full townread due to him actually major scumhunting yesterday.
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: So why does your day 4 list not add up to your actual thoughts?
They do, you're just trying to twist those thoughts and make them out to be scummy.
In post 4912, Bulbazak wrote:However, after Slandaar's flip, I really don't want to go aimlessly poking around in the neighborhoods for the sole reason of proving my theory. I want to find scum for actual scummy reasons, not just theory. Therefore, if we go after one of the neighbors for legitimately scummy reasons, and they flip scum, only then will I evaluate given my theory, but until then, it's too dangerous to try on that reason alone, making it more in line with a policy lynch, which I'm not especially a fan of.
and this is just a bunch of backing down and pre-emptive reasoning to explain away his discrepancies in his list/thought process.
No, this is just me not wanting to policy lynch a bunch of people just to prove my spec. You are really stretching now.
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: RE scum and lists: I'm not suggesting that only scum make them but they are relatively safe since they can easily be manufactured and scum seem to use them a lot. All they have to do is "follow the logic" e.g. go from the highest scum read to the next.
Translation: "I'm not saying it's scummy, but watch as I softly imply that it's scummy."
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: If you no longer believe in your own theory then why does Slan’s town flip make you suspicious of CTD?
I honestly thought that Slandaar would flip scum and was shocked when that didn't happen. The spec's still in the back of my mind, and it has started to make me question my CTD read.
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: If you were second guessing your own theory then why did you not come right out and say so?
I'm not so much second guessing it as not blindly following it. I have no basis for it atm, and will continue not to have one unless there is a scum flip in the neighborhoods.
In post 4932, Nero Cain wrote: oh look what I found!!!
In post 4720, PeregrineV wrote:I think if Slandaar gets lynched and flips town, CTD will more likely be scum.
This is what Bulb is pushing me for but he's ignoring this?

There's also that pusedo-vig Thad wanted to shoot Bulb and told PV in the qt (right?) and then was blocked

Thad, did PV ask you who you wanted to shoot?
I honestly didn't remember this was said, but at least PV admitted what he was thinking, rather than take a page out of your book and dance all over the subject. I actually find this to be the scummiest part of your post, just because you are trying to build up the suspicion in other's minds instead of coming right out and saying so yourself. This "Oh look what I found!!!" is scummy in and of itself, because it's showboating and giving an air of scumhunting, when all you're doing is hunting through the thread to find anything to cast anybody, mainly myself, in a scummy light. You then suggest scummy motivation to others without coming out and stating that it's scummy yourself. Do you know who does that? Scum.
In post 4934, Nero Cain wrote:And his thought process concerning the neighbors makes no fucking sense what so ever.
Of course it doesn't make sense when you keep twisting and misrepping the argument.
In post 4937, Seanald wrote:VOTE: Bulba It's just all to incredibly forced, the walls, the buzzwords, and the painfully forced reasoning. It just isn't real it's scum.

and considering I still have a strong scum read on Cephrir, I believe cephrir was totally trying to save his buddy at the end of yesterday there, basically begging for votes to be moved off bulba.
In post 4666, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4666, Cephrir wrote:The suggestion is, then, that Bulb has scumslipped the knowledge that there aren't 4 scum neighbors out of 6 neighbors, in a normal game...
Get real.
Hi Bulbas buddy.
Baaa!!!
In post 4938, Desperado wrote:it's been forced since Deflectiongate.
You obviously wasn't paying close attention to what I actually said. The original point was on what is perhaps Nero's scummiest post all game. In it he tries to deflect Khan's attention onto other people, even though it was later shown that Nero was incorrect in everything he asserted them to do. He then follows that up with, "Why am I not on your townlist" or in other words "Why do you not think I'm town? Give me towncred.". Nero tried, and it can be argued that he was successful, to actually divert that conversation onto other people, namely AK and Mollie, each of those circumstances being markedly different than the one we were discussing. After I pointed this out, he then proceeded to call me scummy for disagreeing with him. All this from a conversation that was originally about him trying to get the conversation moved elsewhere, something that the course of events proves he's adept at doing, and for then trying to gain towncred from it.
In post 4941, Nero Cain wrote: So what, you think its a towntell that everyone one is telling him that's he's off his rocker but he's just putting his fingers in his ears and yelling "I'M NOT LISTNING!!!"
Actually, the only one telling me that is you, and the more you do so, the more that I think I'm right on the money.

On to page 199.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Prod dodge, will get on tonight.

--

This is a reminder from the mods that prod-dodge posts violate the spirit of the rules wrt activity and are likely not accepted as far as prodding is concerned.

-AP
Last edited by AngryPidgeon on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Rena »

Hi, I decided to go swanning off on a nice summer holiday without telling anyone because I believed I would have internet access. The fucking EE sales person lied and told me my dongle would cover my holiday area. Now I'm trying to use very dodgy BT Openzone. If anyone ever considers using them, don't. I've been disconnected writing this post 4 times. I'm home tomorrow though.
Penguin wrote:Rena, do you agree that both you and ThAd are claiming to have unsuccessful night actions? Do you think you were both blocked? If you're town, wouldn't you be massively suspicious of ThAd and/or Bulbazak?
1. Clearly, we are.
2. Asking me if I think we have both been blocked is presuming I believe ThAd's claim. I sort of believe it, I'm not 100% certain. Why would I be suspicious of Bulba? I actually presumed KK had JK'd ThAd because that's the only way (given the claims) that both myself and he could have unsuccessful night actions. What wouldn't surprise me is if mafia threw out a PR claim knowing I would target that as looking at my previous watcher strategy for the game, it's clear I was targetting claimed town PR's. Blocking me at the same time would ensure I did not get a result if I did something unpredictable. Why do you think I should be suspicious of ThAd?
penguin wrote:I don't know if a game with a Ninja usually has both a Watcher and a Tracker; if not, it isn't inconceivable that Rena opted to gamble that one wouldn't be around and fake-claimed.
This sort of thing doesn't occur to me. I never think of role combinations, instead I opt for letting everyone else think of them for me. That's why my fakeclaims are usually duds. It's definitely inconceivable, I don't think enough for that.

Why did you unvote me?

When I was reading earlier, I noticed somebody question why my pre-claim play was different to my post-claim play (I can neither find that post now nor remember who asked it: I think it was either AK or Fluff though.) I can answer this. It's a very old problem I've had with my play. As soon as I'm attacked, my post rate increases, the when it drops my post rate drops with it. After claiming, I need to fight the half of my brain that says "YOUR JOB HERE IS DONE." because as you know, half of your job is convincing others of your role and the other half is scum hunting. I believed I would have been night killed the night after I claimed, that's why my style became more vanillary. That's my role now, mafia know I'm watcher - to the town, I am now about as useful as a vanilla is. Yes, it's a terrible mind set, hence why I've been trying to fight it. You'll find evidence of this in every single one of my town games - vanilla or PR. It happens in my scum games too but not as much, as scum I need to worry about dying, as town I don't.

My Nacho paranoia is heightening again. I really want to see his response to the accusations brought against him.
CTD wrote:I think it's hilarious that you're questioning the fact that I moved my vote off of you and onto the guy you're trying to lynch tough.
Why? I've always considered that a town tell. If Nero was worried about Bulba being lynched after you put your vote on him, he would have unvoted. Instead he's analysing other peoples votes on that wagon.
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5015, Bulbazak wrote:You obviously wasn't paying close attention to what I actually said. The original point was on what is perhaps Nero's scummiest post all game. In it he tries to deflect Khan's attention onto other people, even though it was later shown that Nero was incorrect in everything he asserted them to do. He then follows that up with, "Why am I not on your townlist" or in other words "Why do you not think I'm town? Give me towncred.". Nero tried, and it can be argued that he was successful, to actually divert that conversation onto other people, namely AK and Mollie, each of those circumstances being markedly different than the one we were discussing. After I pointed this out, he then proceeded to call me scummy for disagreeing with him. All this from a conversation that was originally about him trying to get the conversation moved elsewhere, something that the course of events proves he's adept at doing, and for then trying to gain towncred from it.
Don't tell me I wasn't paying attention, bulb. You've identified the exact same tell on several other people (myself included) and you were wrong about it every time. If you say Player X is scum for Y reason, and four other players are also doing Y, it is perfectly legitimate for Player X to question your inconsistency. It is not a deflection, it's a refutation of the point. Let's go back to the source shall we?

The original Nero post:
In post 2401, Nero Cain wrote: ....really all in one page right in a row, someone is scum here. I lean nacho/Cephrir most.
This, but its also likely multiball so OS could still be scum.

+ its OS and I'd love to lynch that.
Khan's question:
In post 2583, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 2401, Nero Cain wrote:its also likely multiball
How in the world can town make this assumption on Day 1?
Nero's "deflection:"
In post 2596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2583, Kublai Khan wrote:In post 2401, Nero Cain wrote:its also likely multiball

How in the world can town make this assumption on Day 1?
Its a 24 player game an current site meta suggest more than 1 killing faction. 6 scum seems the ideal number, weather its a 5 man scum team and a sk or two 3 man scum teams.

But all of Slandaar, Bcade and Bulb have speculated that its multiball as well. Why is this a sin for me but not them?

+ why am I not on your town list?
Bulb claims that none of that was true. Let's check.
In post 1558, Bacde wrote:multiball?
^900 posts before Nero's multiball comment
In post 1878, Slandaar wrote:In post 1871, Slandaar wrote:
Well there are many explanations for this but they all conclude with; to gain what he thinks is a huge advantage.

Find him discussing that in a situation that does not involve 10 alive in an SK game as opposed to a Day start large.
He also never said it was a huge advantage for scum - he said it was dangerous for town in a SK present situation.
That's a questionable word twist on your part - clarify?

He didn't know it was an SK it was all theoretical just like this could have an SK or be Multiball etc, so your argument is what? he thinks its more beneficial in a large game where POE is useless over a game with 10 players and POE much more beneficial? (It also forced the SK if an SK into an awkward spot which I explained)
^600 posts before Nero's comment
In post 2381, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2368, Slandaar wrote: Thors day is today
Actually, that was yesterday.
In post 2368, Slandaar wrote: Nothing anyone else will be able to use for their benefit; the way he views Mac/thez is exactly how I have. And yes that makes him town unless its multiball.
When you said that you saw something that made Nacho town unless it was multiball, I was expecting something more substantial, not "Nacho has a similar scumread as me.". That's just weak.
^20 posts before Nero's comment.

Not only is your recollection that everyone he accused was innocent completely wrong, you were directly involved in it and quoted another, AND you've forgotten who was actually involved in the deflection, substituting AK and mollie (who they did argue about, but not for another 1000 posts or so) for slandaar and bacde. For the level of investment you are appear to have in this read, I find it scummy that you've conflated so many of your arguments with Nero with one another. I don't think it was ever real.

Unvote
Vote: Bulbazak
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 pm

In post 5009, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 4885, Human Destroyer wrote:Townzorz are Nero, CTD, Bacde, AK, Ceph

Scumzorz are Bulbazak, ThAd, Rena

The rest of you wish you were cool, but really aren't so much.
In post 5003, Human Destroyer wrote:
bulb
ctd
Cephir
nacho
bacde
^
Explain Bacde/CTD.
I missed you were on there, actually.

Bacde because one of his posts made me drop the townread, and I'm too lazy to dig it up.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 pm

In post 5015, Bulbazak wrote:So you're agreeing that a scum/scum neighborhood is more likely than both scum in different neighborhoods?
???

No, I haven't said that. I'm saying he had both players as scumreads.

A scum/scum neighborhood between two scum teams
is
possible though, I hadn't really thought of that.

In any case, one of them flipped town already, so that isn't even relevant.
Are you ready for this?
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Seanald »

desperado's last post all but sealed it for me.
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ human destroyer: so you want me and peregrine lynched. Do you think that we are scum that claimed neighbor together - therefore making us possibly the dumbest pair of scum-partners ever to play mafia? Or do you think we are two scum from opposing factions, forced to live together in a neighborhood like the original fucking odd couple?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 4065, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 4058, Desperado wrote:I don't really care about the neighborhoods. For all I know you and Thad are scum together and are just claiming that you're a neighborhood.
:lol:

That would be the best scum play of all time.
In post 5022, ThAdmiral wrote:@ human destroyer: so you want me and peregrine lynched. Do you think that we are scum that claimed neighbor together -
therefore making us possibly the dumbest pair of scum-partners ever to play mafia?
Or do you think we are two scum from opposing factions, forced to live together in a neighborhood like the original fucking odd couple?
:igmeou:
Klicking Kittens
Klicking Kittens
Goon
Klicking Kittens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Klicking Kittens »

Despo. I love you for that. Priceless.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”